Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc (6378 Views)

How To Upgrade Your ND And HND Certificate To BSC - See Step / Federal Polytechnic Ede 2015\2016 Admission. Nd Pt,daily Pt,ft & Hnd Is Out / OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by kinibigdeal(m): 12:48am On Jan 04, 2015
Mixty:
Medicine after death, OP.
I am sure you are biting the dust in sorrow for not studying in the university.

BSc is superior!

Maybe you are wrong anyway..To go to the university and study my kind of course is never advisable for any admission seekers because a degree is not relevant except a professional certificate. Well, there nothing for me to learn in the university than to collect the certificate because I think am practically loaded than your lecturers.
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by rkarang: 12:57am On Jan 04, 2015
kinibigdeal:
This is in contrast to the write up created by Dr.Funmi "Tagged" 8 Reasons why Bsc is superior to HND". Though, his first paragraph doesnt abrade any controversies but the subsequents were too abased to the fact accrued. May i start by seeking the indulgence of the powerful Moderators here because i want to try as much as possible to avoid any form of altercation. Hence, i will be ambidextrous to use some of his points as a back up.

1. Entrance Qualification

The fact that the universities cut of mark is higher than that of the polytechnics does not justify the quality of the universities in Nigeria. It is rather apochyphal that some universities intentionally pull up their cut off mark in other to accomodate the high placed children over the less priviledge ones, this is rather too appalling. The first ever JAMB i took, i scored 245 beating the cut off mark of a particular university in Lagos stated as 60 while i scored 62, yet my name was not found on the first, second list. The shocking revelation my parents got from a particular lecturer whom we taught might help, altenuate any further attempt. The fact that the polytechnic accept a minimum of 4 credit(which is unfounded) in WASSCE/NECO shows the Avordupois(weight) of quality they possess which is an added advantage in Human capacity development than Certificate capacity development (CCD).

[s] 2. Quality of Lecturers

It is a balm to say that the university lecturers possessed a "Band" called PhD better than that of the polytechnic lecturers. A friend of mine graduated from the most famous private university in ogun state(2:1,chemical engineering), he told me in quote " one of our professor's doesnt even know how to apply the practical application of what he taught us, all he does, is to give us handout to memorize, though i graduated with 2:1 but with no practical knowledge to show up". To back up the aforementioned, i have handled a building project owned by a professor of construction management. To my amazement, i have read a lot of books, journals written by this same professor when i was in school but unfortunately, i have to be interpreting a simple structural/Building plan before he can understand better and i am just a trained Technologist(HND) by this polytechnic lecturers with no PHD or whatever. In the construction industry of today, No foreigner will ever choose a BSc holder over an HND holder(i stand corrected) because performance goes with profit and profit goes with experience. If i dont have a PhD but possess the practical knowledge to breed "Entrepreneur" i think am better off than a "Theoretical Entreprenuers". The easiest difference between the university lecturers and their counterparts is that, the university lecturers communicate in theory without practical while the polytechnic lecturers possess both attributes. It is left for you to choose the one you prefers. [/s]

Your sample is too small for generalization. Mark you, the objectives of establishing both Polytechnic and University are different.

"One might pretend not to know anything just to see how intelligent the other party...".

Lastly, remember that those theories are meant to guide practical applications.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by rkarang: 1:13am On Jan 04, 2015
ritababe:
I dey come make i sleep small.

**rings alarm**
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by rkarang: 1:23am On Jan 04, 2015
fflamingo:
Bro, I hate to admit these but a Bsc is better in every ramifications. I presently owned a national diploma (upper credit) office management. During my industrial training I saw how my fellow hnd worker toiled so hard. I mean 8am-5pm yet they were never expecting promotion any soon (yes I secretly saw their employment files with the HR). It is synonymous to monkey dey work, babbon dey chop. yes right from time I never nurse an ambition of working for anybody, but you start from somewhere. That somewhere am sorry I repeat "doesn't start with Hnd". I passionately loved how rigorously I passed/enjoyed every experiment/practical that passed my way during my diploma days but I now see them valueless as the first impression matters most and my dear hnd will not offer. I will also love to admit that most recruiters/HR agent knows how capable a HND graduate could be but they just don't make them the top choice. Well am in my twenties, I just registered for jamb again and diss the admission I was given by kwara-poly for my higher national diplomas. But the memory of building a 4year course again makes me feel sick. Depressed if you may add!

A rational human being is expected to consider the additional benefits of whatever decision he/she wants to make.

Good luck, brother!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by rkarang: 1:27am On Jan 04, 2015
zebra:
Why do so many uni graduates brag with their professors? Why do they see them as gods? These same people that have not been able to develop nor improve anything in Nigeria.

That Nigeria has not improved is a systemic error.

Remember that we are being ruled by selfish politicians (oftentimes, want to overstay in office).
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by AfricanApple(f): 1:35am On Jan 04, 2015
fflamingo:
Bro, I hate to admit these but a Bsc is better in every ramifications. I presently owned a national diploma (upper credit) office management. During my industrial training I saw how my fellow hnd worker toiled so hard. I mean 8am-5pm yet they were never expecting promotion any soon (yes I secretly saw their employment files with the HR). It is synonymous to monkey dey work, babbon dey chop. yes right from time I never nurse an ambition of working for anybody, but you start from somewhere. That somewhere am sorry I repeat "doesn't start with Hnd". I passionately loved how rigorously I passed/enjoyed every experiment/practical that passed my way during my diploma days but I now see them valueless as the first impression matters most and my dear hnd will not offer. I will also love to admit that most recruiters/HR agent knows how capable a HND graduate could be but they just don't make them the top choice. Well am in my twenties, I just registered for jamb again and diss the admission I was given by kwara-poly for my higher national diplomas. But the memory of building a 4year course again makes me feel sick. Depressed if you may add!
you guys are getting the op wrong, HND holders toiled so hard because they are being discriminated. he just listed the reasons why they should be given a better place in the country's economy, why they should enjoy what BSc holders are enjoying

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by Doubleoo(m): 1:56am On Jan 04, 2015
kinibigdeal:
This is in contrast to the write up created by Dr.Funmi "Tagged" 8 Reasons why Bsc is superior to HND". Though, his first paragraph doesnt abrade any controversies but the subsequents were too abased to the fact accrued. May i start by seeking the indulgence of the powerful Moderators here because i want to try as much as possible to avoid any form of altercation. Hence, i will be ambidextrous to use some of his points as a back up.

1. Entrance Qualification

The fact that the universities cut of mark is higher than that of the polytechnics does not justify the quality of the universities in Nigeria. It is rather apochyphal that some universities intentionally pull up their cut off mark in other to accomodate the high placed children over the less priviledge ones, this is rather too appalling. The first ever JAMB i took, i scored 245 beating the cut off mark of a particular university in Lagos stated as 60 while i scored 62, yet my name was not found on the first, second list. The shocking revelation my parents got from a particular lecturer whom we taught might help, altenuate any further attempt. The fact that the polytechnic accept a minimum of 4 credit(which is unfounded) in WASSCE/NECO shows the Avordupois(weight) of quality they possess which is an added advantage in Human capacity development than Certificate capacity development (CCD).

2. Quality of Lecturers

It is a balm to say that the university lecturers possessed a "Band" called PhD better than that of the polytechnic lecturers. A friend of mine graduated from the most famous private university in ogun state(2:1,chemical engineering), he told me in quote " one of our professor's doesnt even know how to apply the practical application of what he taught us, all he does, is to give us handout to memorize, though i graduated with 2:1 but with no practical knowledge to show up". To back up the aforementioned, i have handled a building project owned by a professor of construction management. To my amazement, i have read a lot of books, journals written by this same professor when i was in school but unfortunately, i have to be interpreting a simple structural/Building plan before he can understand better and i am just a trained Technologist(HND) by this polytechnic lecturers with no PHD or whatever. In the construction industry of today, No foreigner will ever choose a BSc holder over an HND holder(i stand corrected) because performance goes with profit and profit goes with experience. If i dont have a PhD but possess the practical knowledge to breed "Entrepreneur" i think am better off than a "Theoretical Entreprenuers". The easiest difference between the university lecturers and their counterparts is that, the university lecturers communicate in theory without practical while the polytechnic lecturers possess both attributes. It is left for you to choose the one you prefers.

3. Research work

I dont need to create any circumlocution about the incessant research work carried out by the universities but i will rather call such research work a"Churlish(Ill-breed) with no target for improvement, innovations, Technology but "Ego" on the numbers of papers they have written or rather the numbers of researchers that have cite their works. The polytechnic communicates with feasibility rather than paper guess. I remember the project(Group project) we did during my ND days, we were told to construct a 3 storey building using a cladding materials our supervisor saw when he traveled abroad. It took us a serious research and brainstorming before we could get the methodology right, and that was just at a lower class. How on earth will a degree holder with the same course background now dictate for such person in the industry? If that be the case, i think Nigerian economy is hovering towards conflagration.

4. Funding

I vividly remember clearly during the ASUU strike that the universities were accused of mis-appropriation of funds. With those huge funds allocated to them, what is the quality of their products? In project management, for you to have a quality product that will satisfy your client or customer, one of the factors you consider is fund. Therefore, if the universities are well funded as claimed by Dr. funmi, Are employees(representing clients) satisfy with their products(degree holders)? If yes, why do we still read complains on papers about "Half baked graduates"? Who do we blame here, the products or those producing it?. Hence, the political will of ASUU cannot be over-emphasized. Meaning ASUU is stronger politically than ASUP.

5. Quality of Student

Yes! the point that the polytechnic consist of dejected, not so young students who have written UTME many times is partially correct but the situation of Nigeria can be a suspected factors in this regards. But trust me, after 1st, 2nd year in the polytechnic, most of the dejected students now prefers the polytechnic to the university because of the "entreprenuership skill" gained within a short period of time. At this point, i disagree that the university graduates are of higher intellectual quality than the polytechnic graduates. I'll say let the industry decide.

6. Size and Beauty of campus

Am surprise this factor was included among the reasons why (Dr. Funmi) thought a BSc is better than HND. I can still mention some universities in the south-South, Northern Nigeria that are not up to standard but a replicate of the polytechnic or even worse than expression. I think the size of any institution is determined by the numbers of course offered while i wont venture into the argument of appearance because is of no use.

7. Preference/Demand

The consternation of a degree over the HND was apparent when the economy of the world was still at is climax or culmination, during those peripd a degree holder was more superior than their counterparts in the labour market but after the global economic melt down, there was high retrenchment, loss of jobs, companies now seek other alternative(HND) to remain in business and not to whine down. In nigeria of today, only few companies(Majorly administrative like KPMG, few oil firm) prefers a degree over HND as the two are now at par. Most online job advert now state either of the two.

8. Self Esteem

An HND holder that is not confident enough inspite of his rich practical background should work on himself better. That does not mean those that are not confident enough are half baked, some prefers to interprete what they know by practical than just an inconclusive mere talk. Self esteem is inbuilt, if you dont have it, train your mindset to have it. I think the polytechnic graduates are better off in this area because they have the picture of what they want to defend than putting their brain under a deletenous stress of recalling what theu cram in school.

conclusion

HND courses help you develop valuable technical and vocational skills. The profession you wish to pursue will affect your particular skill development. An HND holder possess the following "Transferable skills" aside the technical skills which their counterpart lacks

1. Numerical skills
2. Critical, analytical and problem solving skills
3. Organisation 4. Time management
5. Decision making 6. Self discipline
7. Team work 8. Leadership and flexibility

I guess the OP wrote this based on his understanding.
Why comparing university admission with polytechnic admission? As to your acclaimed 254 and 62 marks, there are hundreds of brilliant students who scored 250 and above, and 70+ in post utme, yet vying for the same course as you. Do you think you could be admitted when your competitors scored above you? Capital NO! Cut off mark is just for regulation.

Quality of lecturers? Maybe you're in hypnotic state. In the university i graduated, i could remember that incompetent lecturers were adviced to lecture in colleges or polytechnic. Not only that, lecturers that could not get his or her PhD aftrr 10 years in lecturing were also advice to join their colleagues in college or polytechnic.

Students quality you say? You are probably comparing yourself with that your friend from a private university in ogun state.

Research work? If you're a laboratory scientist, i would like to ask you some research related questions. Likewise you should ask me. "Bite off more than you can chew"

Size and beauty of campus? I began to think if you have stepped in any university at all. Maybe you're lucky to have some flowers in front of your school library. Right? I see.

My conclusion!

I am a biochemist and right from my day one in school, i never thought of writing application not to talk of submitting CV. Your personal ability is what determines who you are.

I am a biochemist and i will never compare myself with pharmacist, nore pharmacologist. Yet i know who shouldn't compare themselves with me. If you continue thinking about this, i bet you are likely to develop psychological problems.

University is Good, likewise Polytechnic.
I don't discriminate. But i know what's right!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by kinibigdeal(m): 3:04am On Jan 04, 2015
rkarang:

Your sample is too small for generalization. Mark you, the objectives of establishing both Polytechnic and University are different.

"One might pretend not to know anything just to see how intelligent the other party...".

Lastly, remember that those theories are meant to guide practical applications.

What your point?
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by kinibigdeal(m): 3:21am On Jan 04, 2015
Doubleoo:

I guess the OP wrote this based on his understanding.
Why comparing university admission with polytechnic admission? As to your acclaimed 254 and 62 marks, there are hundreds of brilliant students who scored 250 and above, and 70+ in post utme, yet vying for the same course as you. Do you think you could be admitted when your competitors scored above you? Capital NO! Cut off mark is just for regulation.

Quality of lecturers? Maybe you're in hypnotic state. In the university i graduated, i could remember that incompetent lecturers were adviced to lecture in colleges or polytechnic. Not only that, lecturers that could not get his or her PhD aftrr 10 years in lecturing were also advice to join their colleagues in college or polytechnic.

Students quality you say? You are probably comparing yourself with that your friend from a private university in ogun state.

Research work? If you're a laboratory scientist, i would like to ask you some research related questions. Likewise you should ask me. "Bite off more than you can chew"

Size and beauty of campus? I began to think if you have stepped in any university at all. Maybe you're lucky to have some flowers in front of your school library. Right? I see.

My conclusion!

I am a biochemist and right from my day one in school, i never thought of writing application not to talk of submitting CV. Your personal ability is what determines who you are.

I am a biochemist and i will never compare myself with pharmacist, nore pharmacologist. Yet i know who shouldn't compare themselves with me. If you continue thinking about this, i bet you are likely to develop psychological problems.

University is Good, likewise Polytechnic.
I don't discriminate. But i know what's right!

No polytechnic in Nigeria will ever accept a lecturer with no technical background, if you are incompetent as a lecturer in a university that deals with a mere theory, coming to a polytechnic might further expose your flaws, maybe you try back up your findings. With your first paragraph it is crystal clear that you agree that there are brilliant students in the polytechnic..in terms of the quality of student, I think you need to read what I wrote very well because it seems you don't get the point. Am not a laboratory scientist but am multifaceted in discipline, if you want me to venture into that, I will be happy to do that, am a trained technologist. Talking about the university beautification, I will also advice you to comprehend what I wrote better next time...Is it the university that we design and build that you want to tell me how beautiful it is? Is like telling an accountant the beauty of a balance sheet. Talking about your last point I didn't just woke up and write out this post, it was in response to a thread tagged "8 reasons why Bsc is better than HND" which I have no choice than to educate those that write outside the fact but depend on research fallacy.
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by kinibigdeal(m): 3:24am On Jan 04, 2015
DrFunmi:
I am sorry to disagree with you OP.

BSc is far superior to HND.
Why is it that you need a PGD to proceed to MSc while an BSc graduate can enrol directly into MSc.
A BSc holder can get to the pinnacle of academic quest (professorship) but this is rather difficult if not impossible with HND.
I am not a hater of HND and I am against any form of discrimination. I have siblings that are HND holders. But the truth has to be said to be said in plain terms: BSc is just better. It is better to accept the fact and then work hard to overcome the challenge rather than deny the obvious truth. I wish both BSc and HND holders success.
However, to all the HND holders who find it hard to accept the bitter truth, I have just 3 words for them - GO AND DIE!! tongue

To be clear enough, are you talking about the holder or the certificate's itself. Anyway the reason you stated above shows the censorious chagrin of the Nigerian system which is not a factor that distinguish the quality of the two. The polytechnics are not established in the real sense for their holders to further more but to serve as a driving force in any Nation's Human capacity development but the dearth of industries in Nigeria coupled with the few jobs available have attracts competition between the two certificates holders. To avoid dichotomy in some countries like Hongkong, singapore and the rest, they incorporate the polytechnic into the university and called it "The polytechnic university of hongkong, The polytechnic university of singapore e.t.c and issue what we called Btech/Bsc, even in south Africa they have same. In south africa, the polytechnic students have their own master's programme called "M.tech", they have no headache of competing with their university counterpart because they are in their own world. Nigeria selfish interest will never allow some of this chimerical solutions. I guess I have educate you enough..
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by Kakpos: 4:27am On Jan 04, 2015
OP USE YOUR TIME DO BETTER THING BOTH OF THEM ARE PAPER QUALIFICATIONS
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by Mcbussy(m): 6:10am On Jan 04, 2015
ritababe:
University= theory
polytechnic= practical

technically i will choose practical over theory anyday.

But d real truth is that u can cover 1000 years of research when studying theories. In d case of HND, u can only have limited number of practicals within 4 yrs.

U people should understand that B.Sc covers more....and usually, it takes higher IQ to learn, understand and apply theories. I'm a Psychologist and I can tell u that even a dog which is a lower animal to man can learn through practicals. grin

Its like saying a roadside mechanic is greater than sum1 with B.Engr (Mech. Engr) because all he knows was learnt through practicals. U'll notice the superiority when sum1 with B.Engr is able to handle any machine because he knows all d the fundamentals about mechanics (through theories), while d road side mechanic is limited to only cars that he learnt how to fix.
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by xdream(m): 6:37am On Jan 04, 2015
Abeg who get power bank here make the person borrow me
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by samkizzy(m): 6:41am On Jan 04, 2015
At op you made some points..but i think you should av directed the topic as '' HND holders shouldn't feel inferior to BSC holders ''..they should keep calm and work hard..God dey...
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 04, 2015
Anyday...Anytym...Anywhere....BSC is the best...y r people lyk this...if poly had been d best choice 4 you...y did u chose Uni...NO BE JAMB Bleep YOU UP!?...aagrrh!!...ACCEPT THE FACT...even in advanced countries...colleges r supreme to technical...so can some1 tel me why Nigeria wil be exempted...as a matter of fact...i can metion 10 poly that offer admission without jamb...so wat r u telling me?...abeg o...nd again...dey talk bullshit of practical...well...since u had no chance to be there...u can't knw wat am talking abt...#REP FUOYE!!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 04, 2015
After making some sensible thing in your view....you still end with uncultured act smh
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by Deapexboy(m): 7:21am On Jan 04, 2015
kinibigdeal:

No polytechnic in Nigeria will ever accept a lecturer with no technical background, if you are incompetent as a lecturer in a university that deals with a mere theory, coming to a polytechnic might further expose your flaws, maybe you try back up your findings. With your first paragraph it is crystal clear that you agree that there are brilliant students in the polytechnic..in terms of the quality of student, I think you need to read what I wrote very well because it seems you don't get the point. Am not a laboratory scientist but am multifaceted in discipline, if you want me to venture into that, I will be happy to do that, am a trained technologist. Talking about the university beautification, I will also advice you to comprehend what I wrote better next time...Is it the university that we design and build that you want to tell me how beautiful it is? Is like telling an accountant the beauty of a balance sheet. Talking about your last point I didn't just woke up and write out this post, it was in response to a thread tagged "8 reasons why Bsc is better than HND" which I have no choice than to educate those that write outside the fact but depend on research fallacy.

guy pls stop wasting ur time...

Better still..file a case to jamb office

Vry soon u will start comparing Msc to Bsc..

I quess u should b sleeping by this time..
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 04, 2015
geedot:
And polytechnics always admit ☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩π merit?
Their admission process is far worse than the University's own!
When the quality of the admitted student is very low, tell me how it won't affect the quality of the graduates injected out?
And about passing high and still not get admitted, Jυƨτ to mention few, UI, OAU, UNILAG etc admits students ☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩π merit once you meet the merit cut-off unless you had a deficient in your Olevel ӨЯ a wrong jamb combination!

Did u read my post @all? I guess u were so eager to counter my write up so u couldn't even read what u i wrote. I wrote 90% of our institutions. Is OAU the only uni we have in Nigeria? Remove OAU, UNILAG, U.I, UNN and some oda unis and u will be surprised most of ur unis are dumping ground for rich and spoilt students. A student of Fountain university or North America Uni will also join in dis discussion to make crititism.

Most of u hide under the goodwill of the top fed unis in Nigeria. Since d debate have started, i've neva seen or read anyone's post making reference to his sch, they keep writing Unlag, OAU and U.I. Is that were all uni students attend? Na our government jare.
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by UnimkeAk(m): 7:42am On Jan 04, 2015
Iv got no dog in this fight... Got a B.Eng lol.

Whether you've a got a HND/BSc/B.Eng.. The Nigerian educational system is dead.

If you don't undergo self development, you're toast esp. in the engineering field.

But in Nigeria, the way the market is, BSc is superior to HND period !
Drop dead.
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by Mixty: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2015
UnimkeAk:

Drop dead.

grin grin
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by Blurr(m): 8:04am On Jan 04, 2015
Hnd superior to Bsc? @op wtf u saying?...
What an ironic post!
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by zebra(m): 8:20am On Jan 04, 2015
Blurr:
What an ironic post!
it may be true cos most graduates in Nigeria today, especially the ones from Nigerian universities are very incompetent and unemployable. They graduate without having any skills that can make them self reliant, that's why they always depend on govt to provide jobs for them where they can be claiming superiority over others with less contribution to the success of the work. They are unproductive.
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by Melancholy(m): 8:24am On Jan 04, 2015
DrFunmi:
I am sorry to disagree with you OP.

BSc is far superior to HND.
Why is it that you need a PGD to proceed to MSc while an BSc graduate can enrol directly into MSc.
A BSc holder can get to the pinnacle of academic quest (professorship) but this is rather difficult if not impossible with HND.
I am not a hater of HND and I am against any form of discrimination. I have siblings that are HND holders. But the truth has to be said to be said in plain terms: BSc is just better. It is better to accept the fact and then work hard to overcome the challenge rather than deny the obvious truth. I wish both BSc and HND holders success.
However, to all the HND holders who find it hard to accept the bitter truth, I have just 3 words for them - GO AND DIE!! tongue
With this counter arguement sir, kinibigdeal wins, hence turning u to a rambler dropping u from that utopia state u assumed u are as regards to what u supports. Apa e ti jabo mehn! Though am a degree holder anyways. Lolz
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by zebra(m): 8:25am On Jan 04, 2015
Blurr:
What an ironic post!
He's not talking about how people rate the certificate, rather he's saying that products of polytechnics are technically smarter than products of universities who read the same or similar course which i tend to agree with him based on experience. There are areas where the uni graduates do better, eg. in consulting firms where composure and confidence is required to attend to a client or audience. Most uni graduates are good orators.
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by RebelLeader15(m): 8:31am On Jan 04, 2015
I Hon(Chief) Agbalowomeri RebelLeader15 aka SEUN's Elder Brother on Nairaland wish to announce to the general public that I am the proud owner of the 3 spaces.

I booked and have paid for it....

So beware of 419s including my son KAMORU (Omo ale jatijati) and SBA#

If you are interested in buying any of the space, pls call my number 08169343652

Hon(Chief HERBALIST) Agbalowomeri RebelLeader15 announcing for the Family
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by geedot: 8:43am On Jan 04, 2015
LARRYDKING:

Did u read my post @all? I guess u were so eager to counter my write up so u couldn't even read what u i wrote. I wrote 90% of our institutions. Is OAU the only uni we have in Nigeria? Remove OAU, UNILAG, U.I, UNN and some oda unis and u will be surprised most of ur unis are dumping ground for rich and spoilt students. A student of Fountain university or North America Uni will also join in dis discussion to make crititism.

Most of u hide under the goodwill of the top fed unis in Nigeria. Since d debate have started, i've neva seen or read anyone's post making reference to his sch, they keep writing Unlag, OAU and U.I. Is that were all uni students attend? Na our government jare.
ℓ actually rep UI!
ℓ don't think this topic is really worth arguing ☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩π.
Its Jυƨτ like comparing the English Premier League to The English Championship!
Why re you this bitter bro?
And mind you, no school in Nigeria would admit 100% of heя student based ☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩π favoritism! A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ schools re trying to maintain a standard ₩hich is bound to drop drastically if they were to admit that way..
And who told you polytechnics admits strictly ☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩π merit? Its far worse there;trust me
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by zebra(m): 8:58am On Jan 04, 2015
geedot:
ℓ actually rep UI!
ℓ don't think this topic is really worth arguing ☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩π.
Its Jυƨτ like comparing the English Premier League to The English Championship!
Why re you this bitter bro?
And mind you, no school in Nigeria would admit 100% of heя student based ☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩π favoritism! A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ schools re trying to maintain a standard ₩hich is bound to drop drastically if they were to admit that way..
And who told you polytechnics admits strictly ☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩π merit? Its far worse there;trust me
is there anything like English Championship? Were u trying to say European Championship?
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by geedot: 9:04am On Jan 04, 2015
zebra:
is there anything like English Championship? Were u trying to say European Championship?
Ðo you watch football at A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ?
The league you relegate to from the Premier league is called Championship!
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by kinibigdeal(m): 9:09am On Jan 04, 2015
billz009:
Anyday...Anytym...Anywhere....BSC is the best...y r people lyk this...if poly had been d best choice 4 you...y did u chose Uni...NO BE JAMB Bleep YOU UP!?...aagrrh!!...ACCEPT THE FACT...even in advanced countries...colleges r supreme to technical...so can some1 tel me why Nigeria wil be exempted...as a matter of fact...i can metion 10 poly that offer admission without jamb...so wat r u telling me?...abeg o...nd again...dey talk bullshit of practical...well...since u had no chance to be there...u can't knw wat am talking abt...#REP FUOYE!!

You said 10 polytechnic offers admission without JAMB..hmmm..please name them, I can categorically tell you that it doesn't exist except some private polytechnic that are not accredited. You said I have no chance to be there, I don't need to brag about what I have now but I will end by saying "Experience is a teacher of a writer"
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by zebra(m): 9:12am On Jan 04, 2015
geedot:
Ðo you watch football at A̶̲̥̅̊ℓℓ?
The league you relegate to from the Premier league is called Championship!
ok, thanx.
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by DrFunmi(f): 9:13am On Jan 04, 2015
@kinibigdeal, zebra, tosyne2much, LARRYDKING

Let this e-argument end. It doesn't really matter if BSc is superior to HND. Put in your best whichever divide you find yourself. What matters if that both should have their place in the society. Both holders of BSc and HND should complement each other. That way, the society will move forward.

I wish everyone success.
Re: Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc by kinibigdeal(m): 9:18am On Jan 04, 2015
UnimkeAk:
Iv got no dog in this fight... Got a B.Eng lol.

Whether you've a got a HND/BSc/B.Eng.. The Nigerian educational system is dead.

If you don't undergo self development, you're toast esp. in the engineering field.

Drop dead.

Maybe not the Market of today

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna Varsity Produces First Batch Of Pharmacists After Accreditation / Whatever The Case, Never Ever Study These Courses / Direct Entry At Uniben

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.