Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. (786 Views)

This NYSC Picture Evidence Is Not Credible Enough. / Jonathan, Buhari Are Infidels, Says Shekau / Neither Jonathan Nor Buhari Will Rule After February Election - Prophet Nwoko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by ediko5(m): 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
This topic may not sound good to some supporters of the mentioned political parties but it is the truth. After careful examination and assessment of the two major aspirants for the 2015 presidential election I decided to let Nigerians know that neither Dr Goodluck Jonathan of PDP nor General Muhammadu Buhari of APC is credible to be Nigeria’s next president.

Nigeria has witnessed a deteriorating state of development which is highly due to corruption. I keep on telling people that there is no way this country when our corruption is our way of life. In Nigeria, one is considered smart when you are corrupt.

Let me make a brief analysis of the two candidates

Goodluck Jonathan (PDP): Jonathan came in to meet Nigeria in a deplorable state which was really done by his former boss and Godfather Olusegun Obasanjo ( who is now his political enemy).

When Jonathan came into power, I thought he would do much work in the area of fighting corruption among the politicians and public in general which is the biggest barrier to Nigeria’s development, but Jonathan has done little to fight corruption in Nigeria hence the reason he can’t succeed in his developmental projects.

During Jonathan’s administration there have been many cases of embezzlement among ministers, elected office holders and heads of agencies and parastatals, yet nothing has been done about them. Jonathan have failed in fighting corruption in Nigeria which is the first step to build a better Nigeria.

Among the embezzlement scam which nothing have been done about include: Fuel Subsidy scam, NNPC $20b, former house of reps speaker demejio bankole embezzlement among others.

Jonathan have really failed in providing jobs for the massive unemployed Nigerian youths mostly graduates of tertiary institutions. The privatization of the power sector is also a failed project because many Nigerians have not yet seen any improvement since the privatization of the power sector except the over 400% increase in bill payment.

General Muhammadu Buhari (APC): Former head of state, although when he was the head of state, many of his cabinet members were Christians ( maybe political tricks where those cabinet members did not even have a say in decision making, just “ceremonial cabinet members”) Buhari is a hater of non-Muslims.

Buhari have incited violence in Nigeria with his speech. One of which was the one he made after he lost the 2011 presidential election “I will Make Nigeria Ungovernable For Jonathan”. He also said in one of his campaign that it is a sin for a Muslim to vote for a Non-Muslim, yet he wants to rule a country that comprises of both Muslims and Christians.

Buhari’s speech in 2011 caused the destruction of many lives and properties in the northern part of the country. Where his supporters killed people and burnt properties. So many innocent Nigerians including NYSC members were killed.

BUHARI CANNOT FIGHT CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA

During Buhari’s tenure as the head of states, he was known to have fought corruption in his War Against Indiscipline (WAI) and prosecuted some corrupt politicians mostly southerners and left the corrupt northerners unpunished or with little punishment.

People say Buhari will come and fight corruption, but my question is ;

Can Buhari Fight Corruption With The Caliber of Supporters He Has?

There is no where Gen. Buhari can fight corruption in Nigeria when many people who should have been in prison for looting the nation’s treasurer are the same people donating money to fund his political ambition. So many APC chieftains are crooks some of who were in PDP during OBJ and they looted huge amount of money during their tenure as governors, senators ministers ect.

Will Buhari prosecute the same people who funded his political campaign?
I don’t think that can happen.

Edikan Umoh
www.brainnewsng.com
Re: Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by theorbiters: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
For once, somebody spoke my mind

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by odeku457(m): 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
But who has a better chance other than this two. .... statistically now its either one of them.... wish there is someone else with a chance...

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by temitemi1(m): 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
Then I stick with GEJ.
Re: Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by Mortiple(m): 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
So people like the Poster still exist in this country?

The dilemma is that Nigerians MUST choose one of the two come Feb. 14.
Re: Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by ediko5(m): 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
odeku457:
But who has a better chance other than this two. .... statistically now its either one of them.... wish there is someone else with a chance...

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Now that brings us to the question of how political parties select their candidate. I also wish there's someone else because what ever it is, one of this two must be elected as the president.
Re: Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by skydancer: 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
In addition, Buhari doesn't have the kind of mind/democratic listening we need for economic growth. All the period he was fighting corruption (in the south??), he never thought of how he could setup an anti-corruption monster such as EFCC (setup by OBJ in 2003) and even since its formation has not thought of how he could contribute to this organization in Nigeria but has been consistently trying to regain power as the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
OP please get your facts Ón Buhari right before joining the propagandists. When did Buhari said he will make Nigeria ungovernable? When did he promised violence? Is he Lawal Kaita? I suspect you to be a Jonathanian. You guys always start with "I am neutral". Buhari is the face of Change.
Re: Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by ediko5(m): 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:
OP please get your facts Ón Buhari right before joining the propagandists. When did Buhari said he will make Nigeria ungovernable? When did he promised violence? Is he Lawal Kaita? I suspect you to be a Jonathanian. You guys always start with "I am neutral". Buhari is the face of Change.

You are funny. I am Jonathanian. Did you check my topic and also did you take note that i scored Jonathan's performance low?
Bro wake up let's face the real facts.
Re: Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by cheruv: 11:12pm On Jan 05, 2015
barcanista:
oga barca,YHWH has rejected both Jonathan and Buhari.why don't you join me let's look for the one the Lord anointed for Nigeria ?
Re: Reasons Why Jonathan Nor Buhari Are Not Credible Candidates For The President. by sexygaius: 11:27am On Jan 13, 2015
Guys listen,wether µ like it or not,jonathan or buhari wud be president.wat we have to do is to support dis elections in prayer,so that Ð right ñ God ordained man wud get to power.

(1) (Reply)

Sunset For Jonathan In The East / Detention Of Odudu Ukpanah By Gov. Akpabio - By Inibehe Effiong / Police Disrupt Apc Walk Of Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.