Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. (22921 Views)

Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Ayodele Dada: "How I Graduated With All-Round A's & 5.0 CGPA" / Meet The Unique Identical Twins Who Both Graduated With First Class.. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
I'm motivated to put this up as a way of motivating those like myself who started very poorly and are wondering if they can still make a 2.1.

I'll take my time to explain in details how it all happened, the mistakes I made and how I corrected them.

I know there are some dull heads here who will translate this as a form of show off. Why refer to them as dull heads? Well, who else will regard a mere 4.02 CGPA as show off when folks graduate with 4.90 and above.

Well, who cares about them? As long as I'm able to motivate one or two students here, and they eventually make a 2.1 at the least, I'll be more than happy for the rest of my life each time I remember.

I'll be back.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Daronyk(f): 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
Waiting....

1 Like

Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
My name is Fred (not real name) and I graduated from the university of Benin. I studied an Engineering course.

Let me start by saying I was never a dull student. I started my tertiary education by attending one of the best polytechnics in the southwest where I graduated as one of the best students with little or no effort. I remember vividly how I once started reading for an exam I had by 9 a.m on that same day. I still had a very good grade.

Fast forward two years, I finished my OND and gained admission that same year to further my course at the University of Benin.

While several polytechnic students claim their experience at the polytechnic helped them succeed when they got to the university, in my own case, the reverse was the case. My experience and life style in the polytechnic turned out to be my achilles heel at the university.

Stay tuned.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by mesoade(m): 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
What is the title of this film . . Let me go and download the part3

1 Like

Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Currently a 300l 4.30gpa student, dis thread wud b beneficial to me pitching my tent here
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Mixty: 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Similar to xfire's thread 'Achieving the dream career: my story, my lessons'.

Xfire has inspired a lot, including the OP.

OP, good job. I think we need an education / academic version of xfire's thread, which is more career oriented.

A FP worthy thread.

1 Like

Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
By the time I got to the university, all I had in my head was, well, if I can make such a good result in the polytechnic with so little effort, why stress myself in uni?

I smiled when I saw people take books to night class to read. I slept on my bed when most of my room mates were in class reading. Whenever I'm not sleeping on my bed, I'm making night calls- ooh, I didn't remember to tell you I had a girlfriend then cheesy .

It got to a point, I stopped going to class altogether to the extent that my room mates were beginning to doubt if I was even a student. When I'm not in the common room watching African Magic, I'm in my room arguing or gisting. Luckily for me, tests are hardly done in the faculty of engineering, Uniben. The exam of 100 marks is all there is for most courses.

Few weeks to exam, like I always did while at the polytechnic, I started running helter skelter gathering class notes, photocopying them and buying some textbooks.

I wrote the exams and though they weren't so good, I was still hoping I'll have a good GPA.

The result was released and I was handed my first shock . I had a GPA of 3.48 which of course was a 2.2.

Stay tuned.

4 Likes

Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Giitheon(m): 11:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
fp tinz
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
OnyeEgo1:
Currently a 300l 4.30gpa student, dis thread wud b beneficial to me pitching my tent here

I'm happy for you bro, are you studying a four/five year course?
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
Engrtemmy:

I'm happy for you bro, are you studying a four/five year course?

4 year course bro, biology education tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
Mixty:
Similar to xfire's thread 'Achieving the dream career: my story, my lessons'.

Xfire has inspired a lot, including the OP.

OP, good job. I think we need an education / academic version of xfire's thread, which is more career oriented.

A FP worthy thread.

Thanks for the encouraging words bro.
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by adegwurulez(m): 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
This would be a nice ride.

2 Likes

Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

4 year course bro, biology education tho

Was actually trying to see if you could still make a first class. It seems impossible though even if you have a 5.0 in your final year.

All the same, I'm quite happy for you. Unlike you, I was under pressure when I got to final year.
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by OnyeEgo1(m): 11:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
Engrtemmy:

Was actually trying to see if you could still make a first class. It seems impossible though even if you have a 5.0 in your final year.

All the same, I'm quite happy for you. Unlike you, I was under pressure when I got to final year.

dat GPA u just saw was dat of my 200l o, i wud begin my 300l by 5th January

2 Likes

Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by liveyourlife: 11:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
Kontinuee!

I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there
are as few as there are any other great artists. It might even be the greatest
of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.
-John Steinbeck. Join us. Get on [url=http://][/url]
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 12:00am On Jan 04, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

dat GPA u just saw was dat of my 200l o, i wud begin my 300l by 5th January
Wow!!! Then u are on point mehn,buh to make a first klass,at least getting a GP of 4.7 in both ur third and final yr guarantees u a first class. Success bro. Unlike @engrtemmy,my story is different, just finished with a GP of 3.60,u can imagine d joy!!! Nartow Escape. Anyway,I wish U all d best.
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by OnyeEgo1(m): 12:10am On Jan 04, 2015
2muchopoTBdope:

Wow!!! Then u are on point mehn,buh to make a first klass,at least getting a GP of 4.7 in both ur third and final yr guarantees u a first class. Success bro. Unlike @engrtemmy,my story is different, just finished with a GP of 3.60,u can imagine d joy!!! Nartow Escape. Anyway,I wish U all d best.

thank u bro, but over here i am not seeing it as a big deal sha n i don't know why
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 12:13am On Jan 04, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

thank u bro, but over here i am not seeing it as a big deal sha n i don't know why
Which school??
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by OnyeEgo1(m): 12:25am On Jan 04, 2015
2muchopoTBdope:

Which school??

eksu lagos affiliate campus
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by 2muchopoTBdope(m): 12:37am On Jan 04, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

eksu lagos affiliate campus
Seems like U are obviously one of the best dere,wel, mayb dats y u are Nat rily bothered as such Buh anyhow mehn,u ve just got to push a Lil more,so at the end u don't start complaining u got 4.48 or so.U know DAT cud be very sad.I wish yhu all the best.
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by tbmas(m): 12:39am On Jan 04, 2015
Continue
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Sunymoore(m): 3:41am On Jan 04, 2015
Hmm... I'm coming to expand
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by iwriterng(m): 3:48am On Jan 04, 2015
OnyeEgo1:

Borrow courses and make A's in them. That way, no harm done, if you pass very well in your penultimate and final year, you would bag a first class degree, and if you don't make A's in those courses, you still have your 2:1.

You can read "10 Laws of Academic Excellence" by Tolulope Ahmed, he wrote something on boosting GP.
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by hakeem4(m): 3:50am On Jan 04, 2015
The guys is doing like Yoruba movies.... Tooooooo much advert

2 Likes

Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by jerikoyan(m): 5:56am On Jan 04, 2015
Mr. Fred long time. grin
Engrtemmy:
My name is Fred (not real name) and I graduated from the university of Benin. I studied an Engineering course.

Let me start by saying I was never a dull student. I started my tertiary education by attending one of the best polytechnics in the southwest where I graduated as one of the best students with little or no effort. I remember vividly how I once started reading for an exam I had by 9 a.m on that same day. I still had a very good grade.

Fast forward two years, I finished my OND and gained admission that same year to further my course at the University of Benin.

While several polytechnic students claim their experience at the polytechnic helped them succeed when they got to the university, in my own case, the reverse was the case. My experience and life style in the polytechnic turned out to be my achilles heel at the university.

Stay tuned.
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by seansifo(m): 6:16am On Jan 04, 2015
jerikoyan:
Mr. Fred long time. grin
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Okaka27(m): 6:23am On Jan 04, 2015
My CGPA is 2.00
Remaining 4 semesters

Can I enta 2.1?? :-/
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Jamzig1(m): 6:33am On Jan 04, 2015
As a fresher....am following you bumper2bumper
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by klem93(m): 6:40am On Jan 04, 2015
whats wrong? why the pulse? am feeling engr fred na... please bring back the gist ooo
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Chuukwudi(m): 6:44am On Jan 04, 2015
Thank you.
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2015
Contd,

I can vividly remember what my lecturer/HOD told us in class when we got to 500L

What actually happened was that, our 500L first semester result had just been released and the over all performance was quite poor.

The man came to class and started giving us some sort of fatherly advice. He reminded us what awaits us in the labour market and why we need to strive to graduate with a 2.1 at the least.

He said and I quote " My only problem with you people is, that moment when you're being advised, you all look very serious and remorseful. The moment I leave this class, you've forgotten everything I told you. It's the same with pastors who preach, that moment while they preach, the whole congregation listens with rapt attention whilst feeling remorseful. Wait till the sermon finishes, everyone has forgotten all the pastor said and life goes on again"

Those words of my HOD were exactly what happened to me when I got to 300L. Despite the dejection and disappointment I felt when my 200L result was released, the moment I got to 300L, I had forgotten about it.

I never forgot to remind myself several others who read more than I did also failed. I conveniently ignored the many others who passed excellently.
Re: How I Graduated With A Cumulative GPA Of 4.02. My Mistakes, My Lessons. by jerikoyan(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=seansifo post=29471624][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNN Graduate Makes Groundbreaking Invention / NASU, SSANU Declare Strike Over IPPIS / Enem Aniemeka, NAF Officer Emerges Best Doctoral Student At Babcock University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.