Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

What Do Catholics Bow To During Mass - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Catholics Bow To During Mass (491 Views)

Pope Francis Falls In Poland During Mass (Photos) / Do Catholics Really Worship Mary? / Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Catholics Bow To During Mass by Nimen(m): 3:10am On Jan 04, 2015
Okay this thread is not to bash Catholics but to ask a small question...

So i was in a wedding ceremony yesterday and during the mass after the Rev. Father finished preaching (which i enjoyed) he went and bowed to one thing that was hanging on the wall, so did everybody who stepped on the podium that day, they bowed before going to speak, even the altar boys bowed before they left, during offering i couldn't see much because of the crowd, it seemed as a wooden stuff hanged to the wall and i couldn't make much out of it.

You should know what i'm talking about now, what do catholics bow to during mass?
Re: What Do Catholics Bow To During Mass by Orunto: 5:04am On Jan 04, 2015
Catholics and every Christian bow before Christ Jesus' picture or @ the mention of His Name. Christ is The Lord and Saviour of all Creation and God of Righteousness!!!
Re: What Do Catholics Bow To During Mass by kendrick9(m): 5:53am On Jan 04, 2015
they bow to mary which is so wrong
Re: What Do Catholics Bow To During Mass by italo: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2015
Nimen:
Okay this thread is not to bash Catholics but to ask a small question...

So i was in a wedding ceremony yesterday and during the mass after the Rev. Father finished preaching (which i enjoyed) he went and bowed to one thing that was hanging on the wall, so did everybody who stepped on the podium that day, they bowed before going to speak, even the altar boys bowed before they left, during offering i couldn't see much because of the crowd, it seemed as a wooden stuff hanged to the wall and i couldn't make much out of it.

You should know what i'm talking about now, what do catholics bow to during mass?

What they were bowing to was Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. We believe that the bread and wine truly become Jesus' body and blood when they are consecrated at mass. Some of which are kept in a tabernacle (usually a beautiful ornamented 'little house' behind the altar.

Bowing is a sign of respect for Jesus who is there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Number Of Persecuted Christians Tops 100 Million Worldwide / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/01/15 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/02/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.