Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,297 members, 7,850,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:38 PM

The N1,830,000 Door - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The N1,830,000 Door (4271 Views)

A WISE REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT AT YOUR DOOR STEP / Turkey Security Door,amour And Wooden Door For Sales / Funny And Deadly Door Lintels (pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N1,830,000 Door by mufutau55(m): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
Empiree:
There you go. Those fellas are crazy. There are lots of them in NYC. They report anything and everything.
This one you built, if it was nyc, without permits, them go give you bulala (fines) grin . After that, they would order you to demolish everything if the the zone doesn't permits it. Or order you to get permit and legalize it. All these will cost the crap out of your pocket, sir.

What about the time you will waste trying to get a permit... especially if you have that color and speak like you are from Mars, that is an added wahala for you.

Hajji M.
Re: The N1,830,000 Door by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
blank:

I believe in live and let live. Boys must chop. Also, Jack of all trades master of none.

However, I love power tools. Have quite a few black and Deckers in my house. Been used really sparingly.

“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” James Baldwin.

That's an old saying. These are days of multi tasking.

2 Likes

Re: The N1,830,000 Door by Empiree: 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
CityNG:

Oh I knew and studied the rules for my township first before construction and I knew that the possibility of an inspection exists since the structure was very visible.

I've heard horror stories.

A coworker built his house by mistake 4 feet too close to the property line. The city wanted him to pull it down and rebuild. So he bought the lot next to him and combined it. Ended up being cheaper than demolishing the half built house.

The Inspectors do have a job though, at least they keep us safe in our homes.
Usually people for fall victims of "solomakinde" and and city fines are immigrants. They usually do not know but that's is not excuse in the eyes of law.

There are also many who deliberately added addition in violation of city regulations.
Re: The N1,830,000 Door by Empiree: 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
mufutau55:

What about the time you will waste trying to get a permit... especially if you have that color and speak like you are from Mars, that is added wahala for you.

Hajji M.
It's better to wait for permit before doing anything. Price to pay if rules are violated in NYC could be very painful. Afterall, if you dont get caught, it's all good.

"Solomakinde" are the problem. City agency (Dept of Building) don't just come. There got to be double reports before they jump on you.
Re: The N1,830,000 Door by mufutau55(m): 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
Empiree:
It's better to wait for permit before doing anything. Price to pay if rules are violated in NYC could be very painful. Afterall, if you dont get caught, it's all good.
"Solomakinde" are the problem. City agency (Dept of Building) don't just come. There got to be double reports before they jump on you.

Of course, NYC is not Nigeria, you better obtain your permit before you start anything. I know about the painful Violations too...
And ignorance is not an excuse in court of law either. And there is no "Oga I beg Sir".

Hajji M.
Re: The N1,830,000 Door by bebe2(f): 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
whey the price nahhhh

see better things wey u show but no price
Re: The N1,830,000 Door by FastShipping: 4:25am On Jan 07, 2015
Re: The N1,830,000 Door by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 07, 2015
bebe2:
whey the price nahhhh

see better things wey u show but no price

Price for the shed?
Re: The N1,830,000 Door by USAutoBuy(m): 9:19am On Jan 07, 2015
The issue of city permits and fines goes both ways. Inspection/fines varies depending on the population density. Which is why its higher in NY than in Texas.

Also, God forbid there is a fire in any of the structures and it happens to be inhabited. No fire sprinkler or emergency exits. The City can actually be sued if they inspect the house and look the other way or the inspector took a bribe.

That will be the end of his career and possibly do a jail time as well.

Good looking shed though. For those who are looking for something similar, there is a company called "Tuffshed". All that will be needed in assemble it.
Re: The N1,830,000 Door by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2015
USAutoBuy:
The issue of city permits and fines goes both ways. Inspection/fines varies depending on the population density. Which is why its higher in NY than in Texas.

Also, God forbid there is a fire in any of the structures and it happens to be inhabited. No fire sprinkler or emergency exits. The City can actually be sued if they inspect the house and look the other way or the inspector took a bribe.

That will be the end of his career and possibly do a jail time as well.

Good looking shed though. For those who are looking for something similar, there is a company called "Tuffshed". All that will be needed in assemble it.

I take a personal offense that you're comparing my full custom hand built shed to a mere Tuffshed angry

grin
Re: The N1,830,000 Door by USAutoBuy(m): 10:00am On Jan 07, 2015
CityNG:

I take a personal offense that you're comparing my full custom hand built shed to a mere Tuffshed angry
grin

Not even trying to. Anything that can be custom made (especially as good as yours) is much better. anyday. anytime.

But there are those of us who are not readily handy with tools. We have to make do somehow.

Its easy when you know what you are doing.....but for me, building a shed is something i wouldn't even try to do.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plot Of Land At Kolapo Ishola-g.r.a Akobo Ibadan.- N2.8m / Paints(satin And Silk Paints Affordable At 23k Per 25litres) / Why Do You Think This Building Didn't Collapsed Since D Soil As Been Washed Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.