Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. (30413 Views)

Oando Gas And Power - Massive Recruitment, 2017( Nigeria And Diaspora) / National Directorate Of Employment Recruitment 2017 Application Form / Nigeria And Her First And Second Class Job Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by kosby001(m): 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
Its seems some people are having problems in knowing the diffrence between complains and contribution.
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by chuggy(m): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
Donkaz:
I pray when I graduate I won't be struggling for job.
AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by drehdinho(m): 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
Crying over this same issue everytime will awaken our leaders one day. Youth! Don't relent, been spinless leads to more suffering. Most people may think all these complaints Aint going to change or move anything. But believe you me, I retrieate the fact, continual yelling over this unfair class schism and unruly social discrepancy is definately going to create positive change someday. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by ttmacoy: 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
I think you are mixing up getting a job via networking to what we practice in Nigeria.

Your director asked you for someone with specific skills and you suggested 3 friends who you knew had the skills and they went through the normal process of interviews before one of them got the job. That's very different from Nigeria where someone who is clearly not qualified is given the job no interview or nothing simply because he knows someone or worse where they pay for the job.

Companies like mckinsey recruit a lot via recommendation from their staff because you as their staff are effectively vouching for the person, but that does not guarantee they get the job. It just means they at least wil be looked at.

Please don't compare professional networking in maybe the US or UK to what we practice in Nigeria.

In my firm, they had a recent recruitment drive where they were offering staff money if people you recommend get a job. This is because they know we have networks from schools and other companies we have worked at, and it is cheaper that using headhunter, but as I said if the person isn't qualified they do NOT get the job.

I am not saying there is no one getting jobs simply because they know people, but very limited and nothing like the scale of Nigeria.

ritux:

Its not about this regime. It is done in western countries as well. Forget about the fact that it's a government job.

Just last month, a friend of mine was employed in my office and he receives 300k per month. My director was so in need of someone with engineering background for one of our projects and he asked me if I could refer someone. After much thinking about who could possibly fit because I won't want to refer someone who is not capable, I ask 3 of my colleagues who did msc with me in the UK to forward their CV. One of them got the job.

Now tell me how this is the fault of the present government?
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
computermouse:

This is the corruption that is not stealing jonathan was making reference to- this is outright stealing of someones else slot- because they know someone- up their* favoritism

Arindin

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
drehdinho:

You initially sounded like an objective person. But your inclusion of youwin is the last straw that broke your camel's back. We are talking of maladministration you're talking of youwin. Is youwin not still based on who -knows- who? Abegi scram joor.

*maturity*

If you do not know, then know it now..........a lot of people won the grant to start up their business(s) without the "man know man" factor!

I have a parishioner in my church that almost ran mad when she was called up! trust me bro; she no know anybody, cos i know her personally!

ask some Nairalanders here that have won without "man know man" factor!

I am not saying it is 100% free of corruption, but some people win it through medit, genuinely! @least it is stress free! nothing to lose!

it is better than not doing anything, sitting @home and whinning!

i am not a supporter of GEJ, neither am i a supporter of GMB!

u dont need to unleash ur anger on an innocent and a neutral man, trying to advice d OP smiley

God loves u bro

Gracias

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
free2ryhme:

Europe america china etc wanted change and guess what it was at d price of blood. Would u be ready to involve in arevolution that might require u to sacrifice your live to ensure change comes?

Leave am, he no wan die, but e wan go heaven... Instead of him to look around at study d things dat work, he is busy here complaining as if na only Nigeria d thing dey... His eyes will soon clear, I'm very sure if he has the opportunity his friend has, he won't come here to rant... Well maybe na just fresh graduate sha..his eyes will soon open to the basics..
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
kosby001:
According to the statutory of federal civil service,all Nigerians who are qualified and have valid certificate are entitled to a civil job upon showing their interest to such offer. I don't know maybe this aspect of the civil service act was drafted outside the shores of Nigeria by none Nigerians but the truth is that column actually exist in the act.

Tertiary institutions graduate thousands of youth every year, meaning in every calender year, Nigeria always have qualified citizen clamouring for employment. Youth after the compulsory service year take to the street, job site, blogs and other site to seek for employment. Most of this site actually publish real and ghost vacancy, which 2/3 of the applicant are never called for any interview or even get any feedback from the said vacant positions.

I have always been asking about what happened to vacant seat in the government ministries, Agencies and Departments(MDAs) in the country. what happened to the portfolio of people who died during course of service, people who are retired( even though we know that our commissions are loaded with old daddy's who aint willing to let go from the national cake).People die everyday, vacancy come up every week but this seat have always been left unoccupied. Its always annoying when we don't find answers to all this questions.

Recently, why surfing the web to search for relevant vacancies, a friend smiled and threw his appointment letter on my leg to celebrate with him that he has finally been given a job. I was very happy for him cause this day have been long overdue in his life but what shocked me most was the fact that the appointment was given secretly. No vacancy was released neither was their any news stating qualified youth to submit their credentials.

Out of curiosity, I asked him on how he managed to get the info and he replied whimsically " na leg oo, they just called me and asked me if I was interested in FRSC work. Grabbed it sharply and I did all my documentation's immediately". Hearing that, I developed a cold feet, my mind travelled far in fear that our society is perilously heading towards administrative misgovern. This jobs are never listed even in the site of civil service commission and still yet jobs are been dashed and sold out every month.

I take solace from those who took their time, sweat and resources to apply for the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) and the Nigerian Security and Civil Defense corps (NSCDC)jobs. Money were collected for the exercise ,youth were wounded and nothing have been said regarding the job since then. Even thou we know its the right of the government to provide us a gainful job, it has always been the other way around even at the availability of this jobs. I pray this 2015 will be a turning point in the lives of Nigerians and also bring forth glide tidings. Enough of this deceit and maladministration.

Op I quite understand the predicament of the unemployed, but I have a question for you.

1. Are you a graduate? If Yes, then I must say that your grammar doesn't portray that. If I were a recruiter in a firm, I'd disqualify you on first contact.
My advice to you is, while you're waiting for your dream job, spend time to develop yourself to be marketable. Else, your whining will be forever. If you don't have the long legs to take you there, then you must stand out to beat the crowd.
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by kwenu: 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
true talk poster
ATOB:
A friend of mine who works with PENCOM shared the below with me. Read... It is an eye opener.

In 2012 I think, PENCOM asked for qualified people (Graduates and Experienced folks) to submit their handwritten application at their Abuja office and a lot of people sent in their application.

I was told it became a problem for them at work because these applications were occupying space that they had to create a room for it.
He claimed that after several weeks of submission without a single processing, the director just walked in one morning and asked them to burn everything.

I asked him how people were then selected if they burnt everything. "Was there an online application?" I chirped. He scorned and was surprised at the ignorant question I had asked him. I was disappointed in myself as a Nigerian because I already knew what he meant was that the positions had been occupied even before the vacancies were rolled out.

He further educated me that there are countless directors all over the country who had personal assistants and secretaries of parastatals who had concubines who had a graduate in their family or a wife or a cousin who needed job DESPERATELY. He told me that in all these departments we have HODs, Auditors, Supervisors and Senior civil servants who had a neighbor and a friend who has someone who needed a job. Remember this is in-house cabals.

Looking at it from the macro level, we have governors, LG chairmen, Reps (Federal and State), business men, god-fathers, family members, Senators, High caliber people who would nominate someone who knows someone who knows someone who needed a job.

Dont also forget that it is also customary to give slots to some of these people and what this implies is that at the end of the day, the available positions are consequently not even enough amongst themselves. THAT IS THE SITUATION.

Only a negligible few get these jobs through merit and grace.

The problems are:
Corruption
Nepotism
Favoritism
Greed and Lack of empathy by our so called recycled leaders.

That is why it is paramount that in the coming weeks we make the best decision for our future and children future through our votes.

GEJ is a good man but he is a weak man. However, Buhari is a reasonable but dangerous alternative. The choice is yours to make.
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by kosby001(m): 5:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
@nattie..thanks for your observation. With people like you around, am sure I have a wonderful audience and critique.
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
bonechamberlain:
it would be easier to go to sambisa and come back safe than to get a job through interview. interviews in Nigeria today are conducted for formality sake. those who would get the job are already known. u must know someone to get a job in this country
True word and very frustrating too. God help us.
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by computermouse(m): 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hayjaycity:

Arindin

Oponu- ode, omo ale jati jati- amuugbo - when slots are given to people because they know some people at any level of authority as against those that have been on the que-list for ages what do you call that- favouritism and what is favouritism- corruption.

Aja... A je gbe- bingo
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Kingspin(m): 6:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
papiforreal:
Another result of PDP bad governance for 16 years.. And still some student will shout GEJ 2019... Dont worry, reality will soon hit you after you graduate.

I am not in anyway negatively affected by the corrupt practises in this country, in fact, it might even be advantage to me and my famili. My bro get his first job at FERMA by just a phone call, my cousin is now big boy in custom with mere degree in Arabic language. I am ver sure if the things continue like that, i wont have problem also getting job.

But i am just tired of this useless system that only favours rich.

i need change!

Vote GMB 2015
I believe very much we have APC governors and local government chairmen. For me our fundamental problems remains diversity. Everybody is speaking for his interest nobody is talking about Nigeria. So no need we are not one.
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
computermouse:

Oponu- ode, omo ale jati jati- amuugbo - when slots are given to people because they know some people at any level of authority as against those that have been on the que-list for ages what do you call that- favouritism and what is favouritism- corruption.

Aja... A je gbe- bingo

You have won an award of " Mad Man Of The Year 2015" go get your plaque in the Sambisa forest. Confused person
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
Prettybecca:

pls there is nothing true in that post . take it off your mentality that the interviews is just for formality sake . if not you may never give the interview your best shot which may make you loose a process that is based on merit . many people in Nigeria still get jobs on merit . if other can , you can also. forget the nepotism shit and keep putting in your best . The op has perhaps not understood the realities , yes people get jobs via connect but the question he should ask himself is , are they qualified , are they not entitled to the same opportunity , are they not capable .... if he can answer yes to all these questions , he need not to disturb himself about this. The only problem I may have is where unqualified peeps are allowed to take on the positions of the better qualified. This is a country with limited opportunities and so you can expect such .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
majekdom2:
pls there is nothing true in that post . take it off your mentality that the interviews is just for formality sake . if not you may never give the interview your best shot which may make you loose a process that is based on merit . many people in Nigeria still get jobs on merit . if other can , you can also. forget the nepotism shit and keep putting in your best . The op has perhaps not understood the realities , yes people get jobs via connect but the question he should ask himself is , are they qualified , are they not entitled to the same opportunity , are they not capable .... if he can answer yes to all this questions , he need not to disturb himself about this. The only problem I may have is where unqualified peeps are allowed to take on the positions of the better qualified. This is a country with limited opportunities and so you can expect such .
there is no doubt that you are right and so is the guy i quoted.
To be honest, i believe in everything you said and that is what i work with, i was only acknowledging the fact that some of what he said is true, he just killed it with exaggeration and generalization (which is total wrong).
Thank you for the advice, its very helpful. Pls forgive him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by bonechamberlain(m): 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
shynerd:

Yet another quote of the week.
wow grin[
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by bonechamberlain(m): 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
Prettybecca:

amen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hayjaycity:

Leave am, he no wan die, but e wan go heaven... Instead of him to look around at study d things dat work, he is busy here complaining as if na only Nigeria d thing dey... His eyes will soon clear, I'm very sure if he has the opportunity his friend has, he won't come here to rant... Well maybe na just fresh graduate sha..his eyes will soon open to the basics..
I dont like to take it hard on peeps on here but I think the OP is that ype that looks for no other jobs other than the civil service jobs . I have met so many of them , they are the ones that complain about connect . they believe so much the only way to get job is connect hence they talk it down since they dont have the opportunity. Yes , this exists in private firms too but can we compare .No ofcourse . I think if the OP have had this experiences with the private firms he would have put it on here as examples but I dont think he has , perhaps he is not too sure of his abilities.They just want civil service jobs because of the lawlessness and the loose nature of the job . if the civil service in Nigeria is as tough as other countries when it comes to strict measures on staff , I bet he wont be here talking civil service.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by magabounce(m): 7:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
kosby001:
I don't believe coded appointment or secret interviews are part of networking in any civilised society. We want there be job scarcity when the people in-charge are unwilling to let go the vacant seat. What do you see of a situation whereby someone was been given appointment and the employer tells the new start that" the position you are occupying is just for the main time, that the real occupant of the seat is still in school". Should we call that networking too?
I wonder oooooooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by terrifiesme(m): 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
horlarlorwor:
A friend gave me a call this early hour of today, asking me if she can pay #250,000 to a FRSC official who demanded it from her before she would get employed... Any reasonable answer to save her ass...

Pls she shd not try it, the man is a fraud... besides from the story the op updated, his frd has his appointment letter already, which means they are already on training, so it shd be closed for now. make she no dare o..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by terrifiesme(m): 8:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
horlarlorwor:
A friend gave me a call this early hour of today, asking me if she can pay #250,000 to a FRSC official who demanded it from her before she would get employed... Any reasonable answer to save her ass...

Pls she shd not try it, the man is a fraud... besides from the story the op updated, his frd has his appointment letter already, which means they are already on training, so it shd be closed for now. make she no dare o.. she shd rather use that money to start a mini biz and grow from there pls.
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
majekdom2:
I dont like to take it hard on peeps on here but I think the OP is that ype that looks for no other jobs other than the civil service jobs . I have met so many of them , they are the ones that complain about connect . they believe so much the only way to get job is connect hence they talk it down since they dont have the opportunity. Yes , this exists in private firms too but can we compare .No ofcourse . I think if the OP have had this experiences with the private firms he would have put it on here as examples but I dont think he has , perhaps he is not too sure of his abilities.They just want civil service jobs because of the lawlessness and the loose nature of the job . if the civil service in Nigeria is as tough as other countries when it comes to strict measures on staff , I bet he wont be here talking civil service.

Don't mind him.. Presently, I work with a lagos state government parastatal, and I wanna assure you that I got the job on merit, someone just posted the information on naijahotjobs them back in 2010, though the person that posted the job then got the info from an insider in d organisation, but I wanna tell you at despite the fact that the person who posted the job was not employed, I pass the test and interview and I'm still working there right now, and the recruitment process didn't exceed 3 weeks. I still know that you connection is the main thing... The management told us then that they decided to make our recruitment an open and merit-based one, because of reasons best known to them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by olanje: 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
kosby001:
I don't believe coded appointment or secret interviews are part of networking in any civilised society. We want there be job scarcity when the people in-charge are unwilling to let go the vacant seat. What do you see of a situation whereby someone was been given appointment and the employer tells the new start that" the position you are occupying is just for the main time, that the real occupant of the seat is still in school". Should we call that networking too?
Hello mr Man, dere's no point in wat u r dragging @majekdon has said it all, evry graduates are entitled to jobs in Nigeria, so u sudn't deride dose who eventually gets the job, just pray any1 in ur family to get to the top so he can help u all when d need arise... Naija ain't smilling
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by dollyptosh(m): 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
Appswheel:
one of the reasons jonathan must go!
Isn't this BabT?
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by 1NENIGERIABLOG: 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
DO YOU KNOW THE ACRONYM FOR UNITY? FOR MORE ENLIGHTENMENT VISIT THE LINK BELOW
http://1nenigeriagr8nation..com/2015/01/do-you-know-acronym-for-unity.html

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by jamoyakz: 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
Coded recruitment has become a norm in ministries and MDA of late. A friend of mine got her appointment letter last month with federal head of service through civil service commission and did her documentation with HOS on same month. I asked her when did they advertised for vacancy and she laughed and said I should be asking funny question there, I asked her a that she should help me out or link me up that I'm in dyeing need of FG job, she said that its God that helped her ooo. @OP people get jobs daily it all depends on who one knows and how connected such individual is. I know I will get there someday its just a matter of time and I'm patiently waiting for my own time God helping me .. May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by daryoor(m): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
when u get a job through man know man. you will see things differently. incompetent people also deserve to get jobs.
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 05, 2015
How come everything is so wrong about pdp government? Nothing is left for the poor!
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by Nobody: 6:02am On Jan 05, 2015
Same thing with FG scholarship!
Re: Nigeria And Coded Employment Recruitment. by sheunpompey1: 6:25am On Jan 05, 2015
@kosby.... I only hope and pray that Nigeria gets better... I got my present job thru connection too but I give praises to God. So also some folks got theirs thru the same means. We can only hope and pray it gets better. But if u have an opportunity to get connected to a source please d but let God be in your decision.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ics Limited Invitation For Test And Interview / Julius Berger Nigeria Plc Fresh Job Recruitment May 2018 (8 Positions) / 5 Interesting Jobs That Can Generate Good Income In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.