Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! (2083 Views)

Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts / I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
The Buhari Certificate Scandal, is currently trending!
The arguments for and against are reaching the climax of a threats and violence, and some of us are just watching as the drama unfold.

First, the fraudulent Nigerian constitutions says someone who should be President must have at least a secondary school certificate!
I am personally ashamed with that clause!
I fee that the job of leading a nation is quite tasking and requires someone who is exposed even in education'

One of the things higher institution education does is to expose students on how to use research in problem solving. For all those who really researched for their projects, the lessons learnt are very invaluable.

There is always a difference between one who has got some level of education from those who have not. I feel that School certificate as the minimum qualification is an insult to our psychology. This is why touts parading themselves as politicians end up becoming our leaders!

Left for me, public office holders from councilors, to LGA chairmen, state assembly members, governors, national assembly members, presidents and their likes, must have at least HND/First Degree.

That is by the way.

Concerning Buhari and his certificate!
There are two possibilities:
1. He lost his originals,
but there should be some photocopies somewhere.
The certificate in question is that of the secondary school, the examination body should have their records.
Rather than this whole drama, Buhari should contact the concerned bodies to confirm his claims.

It is not rocket science! Else, it means I can just walk into any court swear an affidavit that I lost my medical certificate or that of law school so I should be allowed to practice medicine or law.

Those saying it does not matter should think about tomorrow!

AFFIDAVIT is not enough!

2. There are possibilities that Buhari is among the quota-ed generation from the north!
In 2013, some kids from the north were offered admission into unity schools at just @1%, while some from the south were denied admission even @69%.

This has been going on for along time.
The criteria for promotion is based on where one comes from and not based on merit and abilities.
We see this in the civil service.

Those arguing on how he rose to the rank of a General must not forget that he shot his way to power.
A crime which I personally think should had earned him some firing squad.
Well, that was in the past, just like it is in our tradition to honour thieves, Buhari is a man of "honour" today.
I pity Africa!, Shane on the black race.

Anyway, in this case of certificate scandal, I think we should maintain the spirit of the quota system and allow him to contest with or without certificate:

My reasons are as follows:
1. If Buhari is disqualified, his people would told that Jonathan stopped him fro contesting.
I am afraid of what will be fall my kinsmen living up north.

2. Insurgency might increase so as to make the "Nigeria ungovernable" the more..

3. The old man's heart might faint as he is so obsessed with ruling Nigeria ever since the days of Murtala.

4, Nairaland might explode as a result of e-bombs from the "progressives"

5, I personally will be denied the opportunity of hearing the rants of the "progressives" when Pa Buhari looses the election in February,

Cheers to all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by atlwireles: 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2015
Buhari will not be disqualified, he is going to run. Even APC members will regret associating themselves with him. We are watching the fundamental problems of the Nigerian state. The systemic rot in the foundations of the country, playing itself out, in way only God would have ordained.

10 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Firefire(m): 7:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
Buhari is going no where, a failed project.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by brutef0rce101: 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mschew, Sambo couldnt present his certificate but no qualms, this is not the first time Buhari will be contesting so why the noise. Tell us why people should vote your master GEJ and not all this Buhari rubbish. Tell PDP to go to court or you can as well petition INEC. Your ranting ends on Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
Can we now move forward? Certificate or no certificate!

Noblezone,you came when the party is over. Try again please!

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
If Buhari is allowed to contest, then our constitution is not worth the paper it is written on.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Djicemob: 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
Buhari must cry again,fvck the imaginary cert ish.A source confirmed that Buhari failed woefully and might end up being disqualified as a result of that,that is why he is hiding it from the public and inec.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by ratiken(m): 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
berem:

Unfortunately this is not one of the topics that can be wished away. The constitution is clear on this... either he provides his certificate to be verified or he will be disqualified.

More unfortunate is the drama so far. Even if his certificate surfaces now..... a lot of questions will continue to come up on its genuineness. Besides, why would he say the army has his certs?..... that is far trailing act.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
If Buhari is allowed to contest, then our constitution is not worth the paper it is written on.

Some of you are not intelligent at all.......what does the constitution says about being eligible to contest for the Office of the President?

Let me school you.......

PLEASE READ

Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999

BACK TO TABLE OF CONTENT

CHAPTER VI
THE EXECUTIVE

Part I

Federal Executive

A - The President of the Federation

(1) There shall be for the Federation a President.
(2) The President shall be the Head of State, the Chief Executive of the Federation and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federation.

131. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of the President if -

(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
(b) he has attained the age of forty years;

(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and

(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

The part bolded didnt even require the person so contesting to SHOW any certificate...........it only states that the individual must have been educated up to a school cert level OR its EQUIVALENT

The Equivalent can be ........Certificate of Theological Seminary,School of Arabic Studies,Correspondence Course etc in as much as you can read and write and can converse in English

Moreso at a certain time,all you needed to enrol into the Military was to have attended a Secondary school especially amongst the Northerners as Most Southerners didnt consider the Military as being an Institution of repute

It was not Buhari who wrote the 1999 Constitution.....If you are expecting Gen Buhari to be disqualified,you will wait till year 3000

Have you wondered why even PDP are not pressing any charges about this issue except to mount propaganda........It is because they know they have no locus standi

Meet us at the polls!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
berem:

hahahahahaha!
We can move forward dear, especially with quota system in consideration!

I didnt come late ooo, the party is yet to start!

Have a seat, have some drink!
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Collynzo9: 7:51pm On Jan 04, 2015
beopened:

Some of you are not intelligent at all.......what does the constitution says about being eligible to contest for the Office of the President?

Let me school you.......

PLEASE READ

BACK TO TABLE OF CONTENT

CHAPTER VI
THE EXECUTIVE

Part I

Federal Executive

(2) The President shall be the Head of State, the Chief Executive of the Federation and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federation.

131. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of the President if -

(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and

(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.
I suspect you are the unintelligent one here.
Can you tell us your own interpretation of the part in bold?

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
beopened:

Let me school you.......

PLEASE READ

BACK TO TABLE OF CONTENT

CHAPTER VI
THE EXECUTIVE

Part I

Federal Executive

bros we know!

So, where is Buhari's certificate?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 04, 2015
noblezone:

bros we know!

So, where is Buhari's certificate?

You are more amenable to discussion than the charlatan above you

Buhari swore to an Affidavit to the effect that.....All the trainings he had with the Military from Lieutenant to General is an Equivalent of his lack of Formal education which can be cross-checked with the Military authorities,a body which has since affirmed his statement

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Collynzo9: 8:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
beopened:

[s]You are more amenable to discussion than the charlatan above you

Buhari swore to an Affidavit to the effect that.....All the trainings he had with the Military from Lieutenant to General is an Equivalent of his lack of Formal education which can be cross-checked with the Military authorities,a body which has since affirmed his statement
[/s]
You are a bloody illiterate and it is clear why you would want to defend Buhari.
When they said ''school certificate level or its equivalent'', they meant School certificate in Nigeria or its equivalent abroad (e.g. GCSE in the UK).
Dumbo

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by mazzi: 8:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
Make this man present this cert na.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by MalcoImX: 8:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
ratiken:

Unfortunately this is not one of the topics that can be wished away. The constitution is clear on this... either he provides his certificate to be verified or he will be disqualified.

More unfortunate is the drama so far. Even if his certificate surfaces now..... a lot of questions will continue to come up on its genuineness. Besides, why would he say the army has his certs?..... that is far trailing act.
Let this be clear to you. There is no iota of doubt as regards Buhari's qualification and nobody can do anything about it since no law is broken. If anything happens to your documents, or if for whatever reasons you can't access them, the law provides you take an oath stating why they can't be provided. The only issue will be if you are found to lie under oath. We are certain as the sun rising from the East tomorrow that February will come and Buhari will contest. You and the Op (whose purpose is to raise suspicion) are only wasting your time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by jamace(m): 8:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
beopened:

Let me school you.......

PLEASE READ

BACK TO TABLE OF CONTENT

CHAPTER VI
THE EXECUTIVE

Part I

Federal Executive

The part bolded didnt even require the person so contesting to SHOW any certificate...........it only states that the individual must have been educated up to a school cert level OR its EQUIVALENT

The Equivalent can be ........Certificate of Theological Seminary,School of Arabic Studies,Correspondence Course etc in as much as you can read and write and can converse in English

Moreso at a certain time,all you needed to enrol into the Military was to have attended a Secondary school especially amongst the Northerners as Most Southerners didnt consider the Military as being an Institution of repute

It was not Buhari who wrote the 1999 Constitution.....If you are expecting Gen Buhari to be disqualified,you will wait till year 3000

Have you wondered why even PDP are not pressing any charges about this issue except to mount propaganda........It is because they know they have no locus standi

Meet us at the polls!
I dey laff o, mr lawyer. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by ratiken(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
Let this be clear to you. There is no iota of doubt as regards Buhari's qualification and nobody can do anything about it since no law is broken. If anything happens to your documents, or if for whatever reasons you can't access them, the law provides you take an oath stating why they can't be provided. The only issue will be if you are found to lie under oath. We are certain as the sun rising from the East tomorrow that February will come and Buhari will contest. You and the Op (whose purpose is to raise suspicion) are only wasting your time.

The constitution clearly states that any public officer vying for the post of the federal Republic of Nigeria will have SSCE or its equivalent at a minimum.

This condition must be met and verified.... there is no two ways around it. Buhari has to provide a certificate (photocopy or original) that would be verified by INEC to ensure he meets the criteria... its not rocket science.

GEJ as a person wont mind having Buhari on the ballot for APC as defeating him is certain. But we will be setting a bad precedence for our nascent democracy. This is the true change Nigerians have been yearning for.... everyone should play by the rules

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
MalcoImX:

anybody can take any oath!

You are convinced begound reason that he is telling the truth
you have your reasons!

Me have some doubts about him and I have my reasons!!

Let us keep our fingers crossed..
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
ratiken:

The constitution clearly states that any public officer vying for the post of the federal Republic of Nigeria will have SSCE or its equivalent at a minimum.

This condition must be met and verified.... there is no two ways around it. Buhari has to provide a certificate (photocopy or original) that would be verified by INEC to ensure he meets the criteria... its not rocket science.

GEJ as a person wont mind having Buhari on the ballot for APC as defeating him is certain. But we will be setting a bad precedence for our nascent democracy. This is the true change Nigerians have been yearning for.... everyone should play by the rules

flawless logic!
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by MalcoImX: 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
noblezone:

anybody can take any oath!

You are convinced begound reason that he is telling the truth
you have your reasons!

Me have some doubts about him and I have my reasons!!

Let us keep our fingers crossed..
Then if you are convinced that the law is broken, the next thing to do is to go to court and challenge the submission, and if you are successful then he'd be disqualified.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
Then if you are convinced that the law is broken, the next thing to do is to go to court and challenge the submission, and if you are successful then he'd be disqualified.

I said i have douts, read my post again!

Point is, none of us can be too sure when you consider the fruad in the name of qouta system!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by ogb5(m): 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
brutef0rce101:
Mschew, Sambo couldnt present his certificate but no qualms, this is not the first time Buhari will be contesting so why the noise. Tell us why people should vote your master GEJ and not all this Buhari rubbish. Tell PDP to go to court or you can as well petition INEC. Your ranting ends on Nairaland.

Sambo presented his school certificate. What he did not present is his First degree and masters degree certificates. What is required by law is school certificate and Sambo has met that requirement.

Honestly in this day and age I really don't understand why a political party will bring forward a semi literate man as it's presidential candidate when there are millions of educated people to choose from.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
Buhari is not above the law.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by ogb5(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
Buhari should be disqualified if he doesn't meet the criteria set for the office he his vying for.

We should at least pretend to respect the constitution to some extent.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by MalcoImX: 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
ratiken:

You are in doubt, and here's not the place to clear your doubt but the courts. Unfortunately, you'd prefer what you wished to be true rather than taking the concrete steps to do the logical.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Caseless: 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
When i saw that the OP is noblezone, I gave up.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
Caseless:
hahahahahahaha!

Its me bro! Doing what i know how to do!

Exposing the fraud of a nation as contorted by slave masters! Dont give up bro, we still have several rivers to cross!

Happy new year!
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by ichidodo: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
That's the reason why we don't comment on the trend so as to give our Jan jeeweeds more rope to hang themselves as regards this issue in the full glare of neutral nairalanders.. the battle in my opinion is almost over..
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
noblezone:
The Buhari Certificate Scandal, is currently trending!
The arguments for and against are reaching the climax of a threats and violence, and some of us are just watching as the drama unfold.

First, the fraudulent Nigerian constitutions says someone who should be President must have at least a secondary school certificate!
I am personally ashamed with that clause!
I fee that the job of leading a nation is quite tasking and requires someone who is exposed even in education'

One of the things higher institution education does is to expose students on how to use research in problem solving. For all those who really researched for their projects, the lessons learnt are very invaluable.

There is always a difference between one who has got some level of education from those who have not. I feel that School certificate as the minimum qualification is an insult to our psychology. This is why touts parading themselves as politicians end up becoming our leaders!

Left for me, public office holders from councilors, to LGA chairmen, state assembly members, governors, national assembly members, presidents and their likes, must have at least HND/First Degree.

That is by the way.

Concerning Buhari and his certificate!
There are two possibilities:
1. He lost his originals,
but there should be some photocopies somewhere.
The certificate in question is that of the secondary school, the examination body should have their records.
Rather than this whole drama, Buhari should contact the concerned bodies to confirm his claims.

It is not rocket science! Else, it means I can just walk into any court swear an affidavit that I lost my medical certificate or that of law school so I should be allowed to practice medicine or law.

Those saying it does not matter should think about tomorrow!

AFFIDAVIT is not enough!

2. There are possibilities that Buhari is among the quota-ed generation from the north!
In 2013, some kids from the north were offered admission into unity schools at just @1%, while some from the south were denied admission even @69%.

This has been going on for along time.
The criteria for promotion is based on where one comes from and not based on merit and abilities.
We see this in the civil service.

Those arguing on how he rose to the rank of a General must not forget that he shot his way to power.
A crime which I personally think should had earned him some firing squad.
Well, that was in the past, just like it is in our tradition to honour thieves, Buhari is a man of "honour" today.
I pity Africa!, Shane on the black race.

Anyway, in this case of certificate scandal, I think we should maintain the spirit of the quota system and allow him to contest with or without certificate:

My reasons are as follows:
1. If Buhari is disqualified, his people would told that Jonathan stopped him fro contesting.
I am afraid of what will be fall my kinsmen living up north.

2. Insurgency might increase so as to make the "Nigeria ungovernable" the more..

3. The old man's heart might faint as he is so obsessed with ruling Nigeria ever since the days of Murtala.

4, Nairaland might explode as a result of e-bombs from the "progressives"

5, I personally will be denied the opportunity of hearing the rants of the "progressives" when Pa Buhari looses the election in February,

Cheers to all.

Gbam

I want to see Berem my love cry.
Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
MalcoImX:
You are in doubt, and here's not the place to clear your doubt but the courts. Unfortunately, you'd prefer what you wished to be true rather than taking the concrete steps to do the logical.

Bros chill, the climax is coming! If the tyrant does not do the needful, the courts might get involved! Just pray that he is not a poor victim of qouta system!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Should Be Allowed To Contest: Certificate Or Not! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
Caseless:
I am totally disappointed in him. Noblezone,your thread is DOA. You people should try another propaganda!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking!!! GEJ Set To DUMP PDP for APC (photo) / Lai Mohammed Vs Udenta Udenta On Channels Tv / Am I Or Are We An Ingrate To Gej?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.