Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration (842 Views)

Trump Invites IPOB To Witness His Inauguration / Saraki And His Wife, 2 Children At His Inauguration (photos) / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by TRUTHTELA: 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
Before I buy my flight ticket to come and vote for Buhari, Nigerians should help me out. I, just like millions of others so much crave for change in Nigeria and I saw APC, talking about "change", and my hopes were HIGH. However, my high hopes on APC, kept falling apart at every move they make.

First, I don't understand how APC, will be talking about "CHANGE" and all the faces I see in their gathering are ROGUES that made Nigeria and PDP, the LAUGHING STOCK and EVIL PARTY, respectively. Say what you like about PDP, I still can't make sense of El Rufai, Saraki, and their ilk, telling the people that they want to "change" Nigeria. You may not see any problem with it, but, I can tell you that Nigeria, is finished, if the faces I see in APC, are the faces that want to "change" Nigeria.

If APC, wants to "change" Nigeria, what stopped them from giving their presidential ticket based on MERIT and COMPETENCY. Based on the media feelers, or the standard Nigerians, set for themselves, Fashola, seems to be the MOST WANTED and COMPETENT man APC, would have given to Nigerians. APC, picking Buhari, instead of Fashola, and acceptance of ROGUES, means that, APC, simply wants to WIN ELECTION and not to "change or embark on any meaningful development. Simply put, APC, is out for " who has influence and who can swing voters", consequently, A lot of COMPROMISES are being made at the EXPENSE of the COMMON man. This's a DANGEROUS one.

You might say YES, "election is about numbers and no permanent friend/enemy", you should also realize that, as a citizen, you're setting a LOW and THIRD WORLD standard and you will get THIRD WORLD SERVICES in return. Don't come back here and be pointing fingers, saying , " IN AMERICA"...FYI, in America, no matter how much the opposition wants power, they don't compromise on the QUALITY OF THEIR CANDIDATES , hence, they get quality votes and deliver quality services.

APC's rejection of Fashola, means, QUOTA SYSTEM, is still much around, ROTATIONAL presidency ( at the expense of a QUALIFIED) just like the one that created BOKO HARAM in PDP, is alive in APC. All these ARRANGEMENTS destroyed Nigeria, rite from 1960 and You don't build a 21st, country like this. APC, wants power at all COST, some people vowed that "anyone but Jonathan" is fine. While, I acknowledge Jonathan's INCOMPETENCE, I'm also worried about Nigerians not asking CRITICAL questions OR OBJECTIVELY yearn for a BETTER ALTERNATIVE. You just want Jonathan, to go? You don't care about who took over and what happens thereafter? It's called OBSESSION, DESPERATION and BLINDNESS and look around your life, you will recall what happened to desperate and obsessed people.

After Buhari, was nominated, I couldn't believe that a man with the supposed passion to "CHANGE" Nigeria, or a man that's suppose to have the interest of the common man at heart doesn't know who he wants as his DEPUTY. I was shocked to read that Buhari, has asked Tinubu, to select who he wants as VP, wow! What an exclusive right! As expected, Tinubu, picked his man. You mean to tell me, Buhari, couldn't ambush Tinubu, and make his own CHOICE of VP? Buhari couldn't please the COMMON MAN and surprise his party men? Dangerous compromise at your guys expense.

Finally, I am reading about Buhari's academic qualification. Is this not suppose to be the SIMPLEST thing on earth? I went to A and Z school and I graduated this year! I have read a lot of CRAP about how Buhari went to this course and that course. How he's a General, how he has contested election three times. Millions of youths from Southern Nigeria, DO NOT understand the Nigeria of Buhari era. I pray for Buhari, to win, then the REALITY will be dawn on you all. Somebody help me out, what's difficult in presenting Buhari's certificate ( original or photocopy )? If it's with the Nigerian Army, ask them for it and when the Army refuse to release it, Nigerians, will now know that Jonathan ( as he's being accused for every damn thing), might have a hand in it. PDP, or any opposition will always want to rubbish their opponent, but, you shouldn't give them the PLATFORM to rubbish you. I expected so much TRANSPARENCY when it comes to Buhari. It's not about Buhari, went for training here and there OR he was a Head of State ( unconstitutionally taking over government) OR he has contested for election 100 times. They're talking about the LEGAL requirements to contest for an election in 2015. I just want to believe that Buhari, has his certificate, APC, will present it when PDP, has exhausted all their attack on Buahri, then they'll present the certificate, consequently, his popularity will soar more among the voters.

Yes, Buhari, is being promoted as the man that will fight corruption ( as he did as head of state), I'm asking, what will Buhari, do with most APC, close associates that looted public money? As for insecurity, just make Buhari, president, BH, will vanish in one month, because, that's the "Islamization" Nigeria, they're talking about and the army will have "weapons" to fight the insurgents.

I want to fly down and vote for that president that has the interest of Nigeria and COMMON MAN ( not his TRIBE and RELIGION). I mean, Nigeria, is home to Africa's GREATEST MINDS, why is there DEARTH of COMPETENT candidates that worth coming down to vote and celebrate ?

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by seunlayi(m): 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
many people has lost their sense if reasoning, thank God you are not one of them. I prefer to vote Seun Osewa than voting for bmh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by Mogidi: 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
Bros if you have money to waste by all means visit.
Re: I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by Firefire(m): 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
I wish you safe trip, I also pray you return back to your base in peace and not in pieces, because the bloody Major General threat, calls for concern... undecided

Re: I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
The APC is abt progressive sustainable change fr National growth n development

All we want is a better Nigeria
A develop Nigeria with opportunities for all citizens
Re: I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by wirinet(m): 8:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
TANoid masquerading as progressive. This article is mainly about your hatred for Buhari - nothing more, nothing less. You guys are so pained that a person with huge political value is constesting against your prefered candidiate and you guys are in panic mode. If all you see are the faces of ROGUES that made Nigeria and PDP, the LAUGHING STOCK and EVIL PARTY, how come you are more comfortable with the PDP which is the evil party itself than APC that accepted a few rogues from the main evil party. How come you are more comfortable with Alamiesiegha, Ibori, Bode George, Farouk Lawan, peter Odili, Lucky Igbenedion, Tony Anene, Stella Oduah and co only castigate Saraki and El- Rufai ?

We all agree that we need change, we cannot continue along the current path, So which party do you think can bring that change, even if it is a little change? PDP, APC or APGA?

It smacks of political naivity to compare Fashola to Buhari in terms of political value. Fashola has little political value, even in Lagos where he is governor. There is no way Fashola can defeat Buhari in any primary elections - even if both contest under PDP. And Fashola will not get votes outside Lagos the south west in a presidential election. The Igbos would not give Fashola up to 5% of votes. The South south would not vote Fashola. The North would not vote Fashola. Even you shouting Fashola would not vote for Fashola in a presidential election. The only person that has a wider appeal in Nigeria right now outside the president is Buhari. Without Buhari, Jonathan may as well remain unopposed in the presidential elections.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by xpac01(m): 8:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
We understand all what you saying bro. What we just need is a change of presidency. Please while flying be sure your ticket aint bearing 'AirAsia'. Safe flight all way.
Re: I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by tit(f): 8:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
if you build your "change" on fraud,
what will you get?
Re: I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by Caseless: 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
If u no get wetin to talk, jst sharap.
Re: I Want To Fly Down To Nigeria, Just To Vote For Buhari& Witness His Inauguration by oziegbe2015: 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
My bro God has answered the masses prayer and given us the masses general to take power from the CABAL and handover to the masses. Gmb we stand

(1) (Reply)

Whoever Votes For The PDP Is Being Unfair To Nigeria / UNIBEN Got 3years Notice To Vacate Government Property Says Governor Oshomole / Jonathan: "We’ve Failed!"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.