Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today (38211 Views)

Fani-Kayode: "Jimoh Ibrahim Is The Biggest Judas In Nigerian Politics Today" / Video: Rotimi Amaechi's Interview On Channels Tv's Politics Today Programme / Rotimi Amaechi And Fani-Kayode On Politics Today On Channels TV. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 05, 2015
He's very articulate and informed. A credit to the opposition. cool

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by TMoni1(m): 3:27am On Jan 05, 2015
obailala:
Even if Apostle Paul is the APC flagbearer, your type will typically still vote GEJ. So please spare us your 'No Buhari' gospel.

If you must know why GMB is the flagbearer, it is for political expediency. Even if Osinbajo is as wise and intelligent as King Solomon in the Bible, he will not be able to win an election in Nigeria because he is not known. The 'face' of Buhari alone is capable of gathering over 10million votes in the north and that is where political expediency comes in. Remember, before any campaign promises or change can be fulfilled, the first step is to win the election.

Furthermore, no matter how intelligent or wise or upright people like Osinbajo or Fashola may be, they may not be able to dislodge the evil cabals in NNPC, NEPA etc who are holding the country down. The face of a no-nonsense general like GMB might just be what is needed to instil fear in the hearts of these cabals. To bring the required change in a country like Nigeria, it requires not just intelligence and wisdom, but also the presence of a 'Hardliner' at the top.

From his past antecedents, Buhari gives his deputies the freedom to function freely. Buhari's previous leadership in 80's was driven mainly by his deputy (Tunde Idiagbon). From the look of things, if APC wins in 2015, I forsee Osinbajo being the defacto Nigerian president while Buhari remains only a figure head. For this reason, I have closely followed Osinbajo's candidacy and what I see in him looks very positive and promising.

GOD BLESS YOU FOREVER!

Only a mad man will keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. 15 years of PDP and 6 years of GEJ has taken Nigeria decades backward.
Its took UAE( dubai, abu dhabi) almost the same number of years to transform from a barren dessert to what it is today.

NIGERIANS SHOULD WAKE UP!

GOOD GOVERNANCE IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE...

VOTE FOR CHANGE!

10 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by PureNigerian: 3:42am On Jan 05, 2015
highmood:
it just a hope. Religion and ethnicity will play a huge, I mean a very huge role in politics. Osibanjo may be better in his speech but pitching tents with a man who once said Christian should vote for Christians, and Muslims for Muslims. A man who said dogs and baboon will be soaked in blood, a man who never condemned the killings until recently because of his ambition. And finally for hobnobbing with those who tribalism is thier second name and who he once condemned to be corrupt and he knows are still corrupt, its a No No.

Do you have to lie to make a contribution?

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 3:45am On Jan 05, 2015
Looking at Nigerians I still see people who are easily deceive. they say talk is cheap, is it by coming out to talk that matters bt doing the field work. I pity some Nigerians they have still not learn their lesson.if Osibanjo gets into power you will see him talking and acting in a different way. Nigeria's pls wise up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Caesar1988(m): 3:50am On Jan 05, 2015
GEJ will win...watch how thingz will turn around for him..He was born with gudluck..The northerner are born to rule abi....Jonathan is anointed to rule.....
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by PureNigerian: 3:51am On Jan 05, 2015
vigasimple:

With all due respect to all of you saying how brilliant is osinbanjo, he is still going to be VP if APC ever get elected.

In Nigeria politics and majority of the world, VP is nobody. So why is the born to rule Fulani man, Bhuari not talking and make sense as the main candidate? Because other than shouting corruption he hasn't got a clue.

There is Fashola,Oshiomhole, Okorocha and even Osinbanjo but it MUST BE A FULANI MAN as the President. Sorry guys when APC is ready to put round peg in a round hole, they should forget the presidency.

All the guys in the south knows their onions but because of Region, -Religion abd Tribalism we must vote a 72YEARS OLD GRANDFATHER.

GOODLUCK next time. We want a forward looking change and not a backward one.

But we have been going backward since the last 6yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Tomoarika(m): 3:52am On Jan 05, 2015
blaksmith:
You are very wrong on the issue of electricity. Nigeria's problem for a long time has never been one of generation. It is one of transmission and distribution.

You can generate 1million megawatts and have nothing to show if your transmission infrastructure has the capacity for only 10,000 megawatts. If you overload your transmission network, it will crash. And it is only what you can transmit that you can distribute. The success of any electricity network is in the Transmission. The transmission network also converts electricity into the format that is usable in homes...it is this format that is carried by the Distribution Companies to everyone.

So no, Osinbajo didn't get it wrong. You did.

Sorry sir, I think you are wrong. Maestroferddi has a point in his assertions.

Presently the Main problem is with the Generation. Nigeria has a Transmission Wheeling Capacity of about 5000MW presently which is being upgraded. However our Generation level seems to be around 3000MW. So there's still room for abt 2000MW.
You can't give what you don't have!

Blame the generating companies who build a power station without having a regular source of fuel in place for their operations/ poor maintenance of their facilities.

Also those saying the grid system should be done away with have no idea what they are talking about (with all due respect).
The National Grid system has more advantages than disadvantages eg in terms of reliability, a loss of supply from one source doesn't mean automatic black out (Read up Spinning Reserves)

Prof Osinbajo is obviously a brilliant man and I support him but he is factually wrong in this case.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by judiciarypalava: 3:53am On Jan 05, 2015
intergral:
tell me the options that we have? We only have PDP and APC to vote for, so are you trying to say PDP will give us true change?.......... Please let's talk and think like educated people and let's not let hatred for Buhari lead us to a sea of ignorance. Can any one come out and tell me what they have achieved from jonathans government? Even yar adua that spent 2years have something he can show for which is bringing peace and amnesty to Niger delta. I am not a fan of buhari but I have no choice but to vote for APC and if Buhari fails we vote him out simple!!!

Kwamkwaso would have been a better option if it must come from the North. But wait oo, is it like a birthright? When Jonathan took over as acting president with the intervention of the NASS, the North was saying he should hand over to a Northerner not because of performance. Now they have created the scenario they wanted and they are shouting change.
For Jonathan's achievements, in Benin where l stay, Ugbowo road before now use to be a no go area as a result of heavy gridlock and flood around Thom line . Now that has been taken care of. Guy take a drive from Warri to Pathani bridge you will see road at its best, still in progress. GEJ no try in some areas but we should give him kudos in the areas he has done well.
And am saying, #TRUECHANGE
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by judiciarypalava: 4:10am On Jan 05, 2015
Tomoarika:

Sorry sir, I think you are wrong. Maestroferddi has a point in his assertions.

Presently the Main problem is with the Generation. Nigeria has a Transmission Wheeling Capacity of about 5000MW presently which is being upgraded. However our Generation level seems to be around 3000MW. So there's still room for abt 2000MW.

You can't give what you don't have!

Blame the generating companies who build a power station without having a regular source of fuel in place for their operations/ poor maintenance of their facilities.

Also those saying the grid system should be done away with have no idea what they are talking about (with all due respect).
The National Grid system has more advantages than disadvantages eg in terms of reliability, a loss of supply from one source doesn't mean automatic black out (Read up Spinning Reserves)

Prof Osinbajo is obviously a brilliant man and I support him but he is factually wrong in this case.

Bros you speak the language of BEDC,"you can not give what you don't have". But l can categorically tell you that in Benin, BEDC doesn't pick all what the generation has generated. This is because they don't want to pay soo much rather they like collecting soo much from the final consumers,no thanks to service charge. Verify from a BEDC staff if you are under Benin distribution and be shocked, leave paper work and hearsay. They always paint the generation bad because you and l do not have interface with the generation.

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by judiciarypalava: 4:38am On Jan 05, 2015
Incorruptible:
Osibanjo is a seasoned technocrat we all know.
But Buhari , hell no
APC really gulf by choosing Buhari
Put Osibanjo or Fashola ad the presidential flag bearer , I will vote for them.
But as far as it is Buhari , nna nah
Goodluck
till
Buhari
Submit
His
Certificate

Prerequisite, CERTIFICATE... Das all
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by daniel2090: 4:55am On Jan 05, 2015
crazysaint:
What!! undecided what is he even saying there? Because i can't hear him. The only person that can speak and i hear him very well without much difficulty is GEJ. and if i hear GEJ, it means he's the man till 2019.
yea..exactly..I cud not hear him too..he made statements too high falloting for me to understand..I think like GEJ/sambo better, ...lol.sarcasm.gej or sambo has not done anything or rather spoken so intelligently with unsights as regards insurgency and corruption and anti measures for the past 5years....except of course the every year message of "we will tackle bokoaram"for more than 4yrs now.doing same things and yet expecting different results.....naaaa..joe led governemt has annoyingly good tolerances to these 2 major issues plagueing the country at present

4 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by sanmibukunmi: 5:05am On Jan 05, 2015
Abeg give us the youtube link if u have it......not a buhari supporter but need to watch it....
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by tpia1billion: 5:10am On Jan 05, 2015
so, he and Tunde Bakare were both on Channels tv, one broadcast was aired and the other terminated?

very interesting.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by ARKdiscloser7(m): 5:14am On Jan 05, 2015
Please when are going to hear from Buhari?
It seems he is shying away from granting an interview.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 5:18am On Jan 05, 2015
ARKdiscloser7:
Please when are going to hear from Buhari?
It seems he is shying away from granting an interview.
He already had an interview with Mo Abudu and on Channels TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsOEmrAV74Y
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by aspirebig: 6:11am On Jan 05, 2015
Etruth:
What are you saying,in essence?

What I am saying is that we have been hearing such speeches in the past,even better ones and little or nothing was done when they get the position.

I still remember OBJ's first broadcast in 1999 when he came back as the civilian president that by 'dec 1999' power issue (electricity) would be resolved totally as in there will be steady power supply in Nigeria. Fastforward to 16yrs today,2015,is the power steady today?
Where are all the billions od dollars that was released for the project? Nigerians forget very easily. Please get the tapes of our past presidents speeches since 1999,I am not even saying since 70s,then listen to them and see how far we have been deceieved as people.
No be today. I don't trust any of them. I would have supported a much younger presidential candidate in the opposition but certainly not an old man. What is wrong in making the likes of BRF,Godswill,etc the preisdent of this country. I am not from their state,but I have been following their government.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 05, 2015
azimibraun:
He is giving the blueprint for fixing the economy. Management of resources is the bane of our economic underdevelopment. Government must be transparent. If you don't manage oil resources, if you dnt fight corruption in. The oil sector. You won't go anywhere.
Everyone has good ideas only if ppl in his would be govt (including boko haram,just as they are fighting GEJ) would let him. Man proposes God disposes.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by malbro(m): 6:21am On Jan 05, 2015
azimibraun:
He is giving the blueprint for fixing the economy. Management of resources is the bane of our economic underdevelopment. Government must be transparent. If you don't manage oil resources, if you dnt fight corruption in. The oil sector. You won't go anywhere.
Talk n free sha
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Tomoarika(m): 6:22am On Jan 05, 2015
judiciarypalava:

Bros you speak the language of BEDC,"you can not give what you don't have". But l can categorically tell you that in Benin, BEDC doesn't pick all what the generation has generated. This is because they don't want to pay soo much rather they like collecting soo much from the final consumers,no thanks to service charge. Verify from a BEDC staff if you are under Benin distribution and be shocked, leave paper work and hearsay. They always paint the generation bad because you and l do not have interface with the generation.

The issue here was who's the bigger problem between Generation and Transmission.
No sector is perfect yet.
Bros abeg just leave the Distribution people aside for now. Their matter eh ...
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Callfubu(m): 6:34am On Jan 05, 2015
jaso1:
Our government will be focus on the poor people, and when you engage them nobody will be recruited by insurgency.

This is an opportunity to rebuild this nation and only a demon will reject a change of present government to the best hands.
if osinbajo actually said your second statement, then he doesn't get my vote
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by eaglechild: 6:38am On Jan 05, 2015
He cannot compliment his master's utter lack of economic know how.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by wabuk(m): 6:54am On Jan 05, 2015
As you cast your vote in the Febuary elections,
remember;
1. The chibok girls.
2. Pump price of petroleum product.
3. NNPC Missing 20billion dollars.
4. Sale of PHCN
5. Crude oil theft.
6. Bokoharam
7. Insecurity
8. Power supply.
9. Inflation.
10. Exchange rate
11. Bomb blast
12. Missing 500billion SURE-P funds
13. NNPC second account.
14. Presidential fleet.
15. Ethnicity
16. Derailed rails etc.
Let your conscience direct your thumbs as you
vote.

4 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 05, 2015
[quote author=WhiteTechnology post=29492930]POST YOUTUBE

So we can analyse it better

" We will re channel subsidy to feeding school children." Osibanjo[/quotey]I give it to this man cos' he knows what he is saying.He said the same thing last week.So,I term him man of his words.That means he stands by his words and he doesn't deviate.I pray he matches word with action.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by rhymz(m): 7:07am On Jan 05, 2015
All I see are praise singers who are ready to believe anything and find anything to impress them even if osinbajo is all talk and no substance. What I don't even get is the emphasis on Osibanjo, is he going to be the President or something. Why do I have the feelings that some Yoruba political elements have a grand plan different from even that of Buhari himself.
Like they are contemplating another Buhari - Idiagbon kind of leadership where the head will be redundant as it is empty and intellectually shallow while the No:2 unwittingly usurp his powers and do every damn thing possibly unimaginable and imaginable ..... Hmmmm. Another leadership by proxy with the likes of Tinubu pulling the strings from the background.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by effyzie01(m): 7:10am On Jan 05, 2015
I didn't watch the interview, but then, I don't need to.

As a Northern muslim, I'm not a fan of Buhari. But that didn't change the hard, cold, fact that with him as our president, things will be far better than they are now.

However, the choice of Prof Osinbajo as VP swept me off my feet, completely. I don't know the man, never seen or heard him speak but reading people's testimonies of the man's brilliance drew my attention to him.

I will vote Buhari/Osinbajo ticket because of the Prof. Certainly.

5 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by highmood(m): 7:25am On Jan 05, 2015
PureNigerian:

Do you have to lie to make a contribution?
kid who is lying to you. Are just waking up to the fact that the social media has taking up your useful time to read from the pages of the newspapers, go to the libraries, listen and watch political updates as well as searched for information on the net. Go and find out.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 05, 2015
Those on the front page of this thread are about the dumbest APC recruits I have seen on Nairaland.

Seriously? Those are the blueprints for solving insurgency? My people are foolish.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by hectorswag(m): 7:40am On Jan 05, 2015
Abdulkareem407:
#TeamGMB/PYO-2015
Vote APC
Vote 4 Change or ur Life will forever remain dsame

My Prayer 4 PDP... May GOD runs ur Life de way GEJ is runnin our Country if u refuse 2 say Amen... Den u are an enemy of this Great Nation...

@Gej Fans... If u dnt care 4 ur useless Life's then think abwt ur Children and unborn children Future... Is dat Otuoke Man de right man 4 dix Country... NO

#Be wise
#Think Change
#think APC
God bless u jare!

All dis pdp diehard fans be wanting to vote for GEJ buh won't pray for God to run their lives d way d PDP be running our country.. Hypocrites!!
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by highmood(m): 7:41am On Jan 05, 2015
kestolove95:
dats y we said d up shud b fix...if d president don't joke with corrptn..i bet u non of his cabinet members or any one in any elctiv post will dia such...but wen a. head cum nd sae stealin is not corrption..den even a councillor. can still nd nothin wil happen...pls b sincere..i'v. u bein hearin of efcc or icpc again?
good, the up should be fix, I agree but would you also agree that even when the leg is bad, it can't take the head where it wants to? If those u and I sent to represent us even the so call APC saints saw that the head is bad, what have they done to address the system or are they all APC, PDp, etc blind to see nor deaf to the ppls complain? Must thier be a change in power before drastic steps are taking? The petroleum industry bill is there with our representatives, what stopped them from passing it knowing fully well it will sanitize the industry of corruption? Just last month, the labour unions came out to ground activities to the detriment of millions of Nigerians because they were protesting for one of their members who was victimized, then they realized the PIB is not passed and pretended to be fighting for the masses. The recommendations of the national conference is there, why do they have to select some that didn't affect them to look into?
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by mentorandfriend(m): 7:46am On Jan 05, 2015
BJAYADEMOLA:
I watch d programme. I never knw say osibanjo get grey hair pass buhari.... Elders is now d leaders of 2morow. Youth wea thou ar
See your grammer. Youths with your kind of grammer are those not visible in the dynamics of national polictics yet. You're on your own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Atiku's Assessment On Pmb's Govt- The Nation / Reno Omokri Searching For Onitsha Trader Whose Shop Was Burnt In The Market Fire / Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.