Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,653 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? (9112 Views)

Paranormal. Let's Talk About Our Experience / How Do Atheists Explain Away Paranormal Events / Ghosts, Spirits, Paranormal Entities, Are They Real?(Warning). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
A paranormal experience refers to an event that has defied scientific explanation or a supernatural event.
A lot of people may have had the chance to see things that others can't or couldn't see and have either kept it to themselves because they do not think that anyone would believe them or may have told someone/people who just scoffed at them and called them crazy.If you fall within this category,i want you to know that you are not alone and there are people who believe in the paranormal and are eager to listen to your story/stories.
Here's my story... Wen i was either 3 or 4yrs old, I started seeing millipedes that others couldn't see and it was so scary because they weren't just lying around but were always advancing towards me and trying to get on my body.I would cry and/or scream each time i saw them and would jump on the sofa or on any adult close by.It became so bad that i couldn't even sit down to eat,couldn't sleep or play anymore ,i preferred to be carried around by the adults and once a move was made to drop me on the floor,i would scream and cry lyk all hell had been let loose. At some point,I became so ill and lost a lot of weight .That was when my parents took me serious n decided to take me to the church.At the church, i would stop seeing the millipedes but the moment i get back home,i start seeing them again. As a result,i frequented and slept at the church for quite some time.Later on,our house help confessed to being a witch and being responsible for my torments after which she was sent away.After she left,i stopped seeing the millipedes and everything returned to normal.
So,what's your own story?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by holatin(m): 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
only when am high on wet weeds or heavily ill

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by nairalife2013(m): 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
I usually feel a build up of tears when ever I speak about these things.

When I was six, playing in the courtyard all alone, I saw a being hovering above me in the hot afternoon sky. He was a man except that his skin was extremely smooth and white like china porcelain plate. White as in the colour of snow. He came down slowly towards me. A flowing equally white garment covered him and, his face, faintly seen, had what I could think was a smile. I passed out. I woke up in the hospital surrounded by my parents, siblings and neighbors. My parents and siblings alone believed me when I later told them what I saw.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Ynsai(m): 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
I need to think
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
holatin:
only when am high on wet weeds or heavily ill
your own no follow na..we r interested in the ones you see wen you r sober n healthy tongue
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
nairalife2013:

When I was six, playing in the courtyard all alone, I saw a being hovering above me in the hot afternoon sky. He was a man except that hos skin was extremely smooth and white like china porcelain plate. White as in the colour of snow. He came down slowly towards me. A flowing equally white garment covered him and his face, faintly seen, had what I could think was a smile. I passed out. I woke up in the hospital surrounded by my parents, siblings and neighbors. My parents and siblings alone believed me when I later told them what I saw.
wow! dt was such an experience... atleast u r lucky 2 have a family dt believed u..where u scared wen u saw him?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
Ynsai:
I need to think
pls do,lukn 4ward 2 reading ur story
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
Here's another experience, not mine tho.It happened to a friend.... She went 2 bed alone bt woke up in d middle of d 9t 2 find dt sm1 else was in bed wt her, she was backing the person n was 2 scared to scream or turn around. She jes lay there frozen n stared at the wall in front of her...After smtym,she watched on d wall as a shadow got out of her bed(felt d weight on her bed reduce) n jes walked 2wrds d door n den vanished in2 thin air...D's was wen she started screaming

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by MyParadise(m): 11:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
Lisaflex:
Here's another experience, not mine tho.It happened to a friend.... She went 2 bed alone bt woke up in d middle of d 9t 2 find dt sm1 else was in bed wt her, she was backing the person n was 2 scared to scream or turn around. She jes lay there frozen n stared at the wall in front of her...After smtym,she watched on d wall as a shadow got out of her bed(felt d weight on her bed reduce) n jes walked 2wrds d door n den vanished in2 thin air...D's was wen she started screaming

omo! This kind tin dey happen?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by nairalife2013(m): 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
Lisaflex:

wow! dt was such an experience... atleast u r lucky 2 have a family dt believed u..where u scared wen u saw him?
I cant recall why I passed out nor whether I was scared. Funny thing is when ever I try to think and recall the true details of the encounter I ll start feeling tears building up in my eyes and it wont stop till it has blurred my vision and befuddled my relevant senses. I have learned not to worry about more details of the apparition.
I hav a feeling if I fast for many days in isolation I could summon the whole memory but am not gonna try that!
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 11:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
MyParadise:

omo! This kind tin dey happen?
My dear anytn is possible o,dts y i try 2 kip an open mind...was scared 2 death d day i was told ds story
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
nairalife2013:
I cant recall why I passed out nor whether I was scared. Funny thing is when ever I try to think and recall the true details of the encounter I ll start feeling tears building up in my eyes and it wont stop till it has blurred my vision and befuddled my relevant senses. I have learned not to worry about more details of the apparition.
I hav a feeling if I fast for many days in isolation I could summon the whole memory but am not gonna try that!
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
nairalife2013:
Hmmm,dts a scary 1
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 05, 2015
Nope. Except u want to knw what I see,feel and think whenever I kiss MaryJane. It's certainly paranormal,too. wink Joking... Anyway,so following this thread with all my all. I knw when it gets to FP I'd see a lot of paranormal stories that will shock the man outa me. U wan try Naija?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 12:13am On Jan 05, 2015
No10:
Nope. Except u want to knw what I see,feel and think whenever I kiss MaryJane. It's certainly paranormal,too. wink
lol! u can't be serious... if u r going 2 share dt wt us,we'll be nidin a pic as evidence dt wot u see,feel n fnk wen u kiss her is paranormal

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by nairalife2013(m): 12:16am On Jan 05, 2015
In the yuletide of '86, my dad drove us home. I like to cut bamboo to use as a barrel in making christmas gun. I went into a nearby forest to cut the stick. Behold as I was cutting, the stem became a human leg and blood splashed on my cloth! I screamed and took to my heels. No words can explain the fear n fright dat struct me. Till today I fear every tree, esp those in d bush!
My dad n uncle, awestruck, followed me to d spot when they saw d splash of blood on my cloth n on d matchet I used. D stem had returned to normal as we all arrived! But splashes of blood still adorned d base of d subject stem and a few nearby shrubs.

Many people were taken to confirm the site of the occurrence. Some elderly men later opened up the late owner of dat land was an evil man who imported a tabooed culture of nite, anti-feminine cult into the village and had several blood on his hands, both from those he fell by himself or by privy at home and in the distant lands he escaped from back home.

This world! I always weep for the ignorant and those who doubt the world hangs on nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 12:23am On Jan 05, 2015
nairalife2013:
In the yuletide of '86, my dad drove us home. I like to cut bamboo to use as a barrel in making christmas gun. I went into a nearby forest to cut the stick. Behold as I was cutting, the stem became a human leg and blood splashed on my cloth! I screamed and took to my heels. No words can explain the fear n fright dat struct me. Till today I fear every tree, esp those in d bush!
My dad n uncle, awestruck, followed me to d spot when he saw d splash of blood on my cloth n on d matchet I used. D stem had returned to normal as we all arrived! But splashes of blood still adorned d base of d subject stem and a few nearby shrubs.

Many people were taken to confirm the site of the occurrence. Some elderly men later opened up the late owner of dat land was an evil man who imported a tabooed culture of nite, anti-feminine cult into the village and had several blood on his hands, both from those he fell by himself or by privy at home and in the distant lands he escaped from back home.

This world! I always weep for the ignorant and those who doubt the world hangs on nothing.
Blood of God!!! *faints*
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by nairalife2013(m): 12:25am On Jan 05, 2015
Lisaflex:
God hav daan mercy. For my house? I for turn n fight if datz what would happen. Am not praying it should happen tho!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by nairalife2013(m): 12:27am On Jan 05, 2015
U guys should just stop already! I want to go and off my gen!!

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 12:30am On Jan 05, 2015
nairalife2013:
God hav daan mercy. For my house? I for turn n fight if datz what would happen. Am not praying it should happen tho!
Lmao! if i hear say fear nor paralyse u...Dis one is not a physical fyt o! so 4get say u dey gym
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by gatiano(m): 12:37am On Jan 05, 2015
... sound more like pleiadians. i believe most pastors are in their control.
nairalife2013:

When I was six, playing in the courtyard all alone, I saw a being hovering above me in the hot afternoon sky. He was a man except that hos skin was extremely smooth and white like china porcelain plate. White as in the colour of snow. He came down slowly towards me. A flowing equally white garment covered him and his face, faintly seen, had what I could think was a smile. I passed out. I woke up in the hospital surrounded by my parents, siblings and neighbors. My parents and siblings alone believed me when I later told them what I saw.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by nairalife2013(m): 12:59am On Jan 05, 2015
gatiano:
... sound more like pleiadians. i believe most pastors are in their control.
I never knew about such beings. U hav really scared me with dis. All I want is for some1 else close to me to see it and tell me. I never knew any1else has ever seen somtin like dat before!
I dont like this singular aura of being fully aware u are not alone in the world! I should hav bn like others who are not sure. Some years ago, I called my dad, my mom, my grandfather, my grandmother and my elder bro - these four people are thos whos words I count on and believe, I asked them one by one" hav u seen somthin like a spirit or a ghost or an apparition or an extrahuman before?" They all simply said no.
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by gatiano(m): 1:08am On Jan 05, 2015
I am not in your shoes, so i can not claim to know what that feels like, but i will send you a link of a book. it is not entirely about aliens, it is more about the black people, how we created the universe and everything in it. GOD is always with you. it is called blackroots science.
http://blackhomeschoolacademy.files./2013/01/blackrootsiences-2.pdf

or

http://muurroots-science..com/p/about-blackroots-science.html muur means black.

read it all, it will definitely keep you at ease. let me know if you get the pdf format.

nairalife2013:
I never knew about such beings. U hav really scared me with dis. All I want is for some1 else close to me to see it and tell me. I never knew any1else has ever seen somtin like dat before!
I dont like this singular aura of being fully aware u are not alone in the world! I should hav bn like others who are not sure. Some years ago, I called my dad, my mom, my grandfather, my grandmother and my elder bro - these four people are thos whos words I count on and believe, I asked them one by one" hav u seen somthin like a spirit or a ghost or an apparition or an extrahuman before?" They all simply said no.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by gatiano(m): 1:50am On Jan 05, 2015
she might have been a witch, but she was not responsible for the torment, You are just a person with good sight, you may be able to see things as they really are if you concentrate. power of sight. and i may be wrong all together.

Lisaflex:
A paranormal experience refers to an event that has defied scientific explanation or a supernatural event.
A lot of people may have had the chance to see things that others can't or couldn't see and have either kept it to themselves because they do not think that anyone would believe them or may have told someone/people who just scoffed at them and called them crazy.If you fall within this category,i want you to know that you are not alone and there are people who believe in the paranormal and are eager to listen to your story/stories.
Here's my story... Wen i was either 3 or 4yrs old, I started seeing millipedes that others couldn't see and it was so scary because they weren't just lying around but were always advancing towards me and trying to get on my body.I would cry and/or scream each time i saw them and would jump on the sofa or on any adult close by.It became so bad that i couldn't even sit down to eat,couldn't sleep or play anymore ,i preferred to be carried around by the adults and once a move was made to drop me on the floor,i would scream and cry lyk all hell had been let loose. At some point,I became so ill and lost a lot of weight .That was when my parents took me serious n decided to take me to the church.At the church, i would stop seeing the millipedes but the moment i get back home,i start seeing them again. As a result,i frequented and slept at the church for quite some time.Later on,our house help confessed to being a witch and being responsible for my torments after which she was sent away.After she left,i stopped seeing the millipedes and everything returned to normal.
So,what's your own story?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by missdebs(f): 2:44am On Jan 05, 2015
i went to heaven when i was four i thnk

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 8:04am On Jan 05, 2015
gatiano:
she might have been a witch, but she was not responsible for the torment, You are just a person with good sight, you may be able to see things as they really are if you concentrate. power of sight. and i may be wrong all together.

I can't really say sha...neva rily tot abt y i was d only 1 who kept seeing it
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by timmy2409(m): 8:06am On Jan 05, 2015
My experience of the paranormal is a little weird. Since I was a child, I have loved to fall asleep with my hands in my boxers. It's weird, yes, but it's a habit that I cannot do without even until today. Anyway, so a few years ago, I went to visit this girl that I had been toasting for a while, and we ended up knocking boots on the first night.

At some point in the middle of the night after we had fallen asleep with the lights off, something in my subconscious startled me awake. Immediately I noticed that my joystick was missing from its usual spot. Oboy, come see shout. I was so shocked I just began to scream "My joystick! Where's my joystick!!!". Na so the girl wake up tell me "Your hand is in my pant you ediot!"

PS: If anyone really believes they have experienced the supernatural, and have evidence of it, be aware that you can make a cool million dollars - cash! Courtesy of Randi.org since 1964.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 8:11am On Jan 05, 2015
missdebs:
i went to heaven when i was four i thnk
Can u tel us more abt d experience?
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Lisaflex(f): 8:21am On Jan 05, 2015
timmy2409:
My experience of the paranormal is a little weird. Since I was a child, I have loved to fall asleep with my hands in my boxers. It's weird, yes, but it's a habit that I cannot do without even until today. Anyway, so a few years ago, I went to visit this girl that I had been toasting for a while, and we ended up knocking boots on the first night.

At some point in the middle of the night after we had fallen asleep with the lights off, something in my subconscious startled me awake. Immediately I noticed was that my joystick was missing from its usual spot. Oboy, come see shout. I was so shocked I just began to scream "My joystick! Where's my joystick!!!". Na so the girl wake up tell me "Your hand is in my pant you ediot!"

PS: If anyone really believes they have experienced the supernatural, and have evidence of it, be aware that you can make a cool million dollars - cash! Courtesy of Randi.org since 1964.
Lol,dts a funny 1..do i take it dt u r one of d unbelievers? Lack of evidence doesn't necessarily mean dt smtn doesn't exist...keep ur mind open
Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2015
gatiano:
I am not in your shoes, so i can not claim to know what that feels like, but i will send you a link of a book. it is not entirely about aliens, it is more about the black people, how we created the universe and everything in it. GOD is always with you. it is called blackroots science.
http://blackhomeschoolacademy.files./2013/01/blackrootsiences-2.pdf

or

http://muurroots-science..com/p/about-blackroots-science.html muur means black.

read it all, it will definitely keep you at ease. let me know if you get the pdf format.

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by timmy2409(m): 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
Lisaflex:

Lol,dts a funny 1..do i take it dt u r one of d unbelievers? Lack of evidence doesn't necessarily mean dt smtn doesn't exist...keep ur mind open

Yes indeed I am skeptical. Growing up, everything I "knew" about the supernatural/paranormal I had heard from other people and from movies. All the times that I came close to something that was supposed to be juju, it turned out to be a load of bullsh*t. Basically, I have not once experienced any such phenomena myself.

Of course this does not mean that such things do not exist conclusively. Rather, I put very little trust in subjective human accounts, knowing how easy it is for the brain to create events according to a person's beliefs/fantasy, or to wrongfully attribute exceptionality to normal events.

Moreover it seems that accounts of the paranormal are more prevalent in societies characterized by relative scientific ignorance, high religiosity and substantial economic/life uncertainty.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had A Paranormal Experience? by gatiano(m): 7:07am On Jan 06, 2015
Everytime a person open his/her eyes, The first thing the eyes sees is the nose just below it. except and only when you pay attention or you really want to see the top of your nose, that is the only time you are conscious about it, without concentration on your nose, you can go straight ten years without consciously noting your nose. it is called blind spot or gray area if i am not wrong. So there are millions of entities and things that passes or do the strangest thing right in our face that we do not see, but believe me it is right there. some people are consciously awake (it's a gift), the see things as they actually are unluckily for them as the modern people would believe, which is pure ignorance. A smallest example are pick pocketing, magic tricks, card tricks, thay are always done right in our faces while our eyes are wide opened. our brains catches every micro second movement, but our eyes sees what you want to see.

timmy2409:

Yes indeed I am skeptical. Growing up, everything I "knew" about the supernatural/paranormal I had heard from other people and from movies. All the times that I came close to something that was supposed to be juju, it turned out to be a load of bullsh*t. Basically, I have not once experienced any such phenomena myself.

Of course this does not mean that such things do not exist conclusively. Rather, I put very little trust in subjective human accounts, knowing how easy it is for the brain to create events according to a person's beliefs/fantasy, or to wrongfully attribute exceptionality to normal events.

Moreover it seems that accounts of the paranormal are more prevalent in societies characterized by relative scientific ignorance, high religiosity and substantial economic/life uncertainty.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! / South African Church Where Pastor Strips Members During Prayer (PHOTO) / 6 Signs Of A Toxic 'Apostle'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.