Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

My Cousin Was Raped - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin Was Raped (5051 Views)

Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! / Guy Shares Pics With Cousin & People Are Reacting With The Way He Is Holding Her / My Cousin Wants To Call Off His Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin Was Raped by donkelz(m): 2:17am On Jan 05, 2015
My cousin just told me few minutes ago that she was raped on 26th December, last year by a male childhood friend that she went visiting.

She was a virgin and she's traumatized by the incidence. Am the only one that she's told about it and am short of words because;

#1 Its almost two weeks it occurred, without anyone being aware;

#2 She bathed and washed the clothes she wore during the incidence because it was bloody, thereby wiping off every evidence;

#3 She's missed her period, which means she is/might be pregnant;

#4 She's thinking of killing the baby or herself to avoid the shame and

#5 She's the only child.

Nairalanders, please I need honest advice, am so sad and dumbfounded about this tragedy.

N:B Mods please frontpage, I need urgent solutions, advices and recommendations fast!
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by blessedvisky(m): 2:22am On Jan 05, 2015
eeya sorry. I don't really know what you can do though. she should have spoken up on time before it got this bad. but pls, don't let that stewpid niggur go away unpunished!! angry angry . He should be made to pay for his sins. how old is she by the way??

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by Ezedon(m): 2:23am On Jan 05, 2015
If you are a man, u 'll know the right step to take
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by Nobody: 2:25am On Jan 05, 2015
This one strong
First and foremost why didn't she report the case immediately? Am examination would have been done to know if she was really raped.
Now she might be pregnant, I think nonetheless she should still report the case to the authorities they are ways you can get the guy to confess he raped your cousin. She can go visiting again and record all there conversation and table that as an evidence

Kiling her self/baby is not the solution she has no choice than to keep the baby the boys parent will be responsible for the affairs of the child

Pls in case you need more advice on this issue mention me or pm me
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:28am On Jan 05, 2015
You leave your parents, her parents , your siblings all the people close to you and come to seek help on Nairaland abi?

SMH Shuldren of nowadays...

*walks away shaking head*

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by theunusualmoon(m): 2:38am On Jan 05, 2015
Log out of Nairaland,walk into your parents' room and let the cat out of the bag.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by missdebs(f): 2:52am On Jan 05, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Log out of Nairaland,walk into your parents' room and let the cat out of the bag.
hah, u won cause gobey, op i thnk u shuld keep dis info confidential as she chose to disclose this to u and keep prayin nd encouragin ha

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by theunusualmoon(m): 3:08am On Jan 05, 2015
missdebs:
hah, u won cause gobey, op i thnk u shuld keep dis info confidential as she chose to disclose this to u and keep prayin nd encouragin ha
I wan cause gobe?
So what happens if she's pregnant and besides Do you mean the guy should get away with the rape incident?Even if the evidence has been washed off her there's still a need to put the guy under some kind of pressure......and I mean police pressure, so he doesn't feel comfortable doing it again otherwise he may turn to a serial rapist.
Hnnmmm I wan cause gobe? Children of nowadays....
What if he has even infected her with an STD? or worse Hiv? How are you even sure this is his first victim?
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by isacolukay(m): 3:19am On Jan 05, 2015
What do u need nairaland for?
U no get homies wey fit dey with u make una go run d guy down?
Beat 2015 out of the bastard till he makes a confession and use the same confession to arrest his uncontrollable d.i.ckhead.

6 Likes

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by trekkie: 4:20am On Jan 05, 2015
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by kilokeys(m): 5:15am On Jan 05, 2015
guy... tell a few male friends..
walk over to his place. pick him up.

beat him till u forget why u picked him up, keep on beating him till u remember

on the other hand. u rnt sure if it was rape or consensual. the only way to find out is..

go to his place with some guys.. let them hang around.

meet him up. and have a normal chat. introducing urself. if u see the guilt in his eyes..

follow my initial advice

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by Nobody: 5:23am On Jan 05, 2015
Rape case is very delicate and as such that's why we usually conceal it. The moment you tell someone you were raped(mostly guys that aren't blood related) they start nursing illicit ideas of eating their own cake too(talking from experience) My advice is for the girl should tell her parents so they can contact the police.

3 Likes

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by captcochrane(m): 5:51am On Jan 05, 2015
26th of december? and has missed her period?

abeg, try again later

10 Likes

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 05, 2015
Report sharply to any adult in your household..

Disregard her plea for privacy of the matter.

Its a serious case,she needs to get tested for STDs too.
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by Godmother(f): 7:28am On Jan 05, 2015
isacolukay:
Beat 2015 out of the bastard till he makes a confession and use the same confession to arrest his uncontrollable d.i.ckhead.

Abeg I support this. The rapist should not be allowed to get away with his act.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by coolest0(m): 7:36am On Jan 05, 2015
IF YOU NEED HELP DEALING WITH THE RAPIST, PM ME PLEASE
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by coolest0(m): 7:40am On Jan 05, 2015
sexyseun:
Rape case is very delicate and as such that's why we usually conceal it. The moment you tell someone you were raped(mostly guys that aren't blood related) they start nursing illicit ideas of eating their own cake too(talking from experience) My advice is for the girl should tell her parents so they can contact the police.

yOU ARE SO ON POINT... YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT GUYS NURSING IDEA OF EATING THEIR OWN CAKE
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by RiffRaff: 8:30am On Jan 05, 2015
It depends on how u want to handle the case.
1. Take her to d hospital. Explain to the Dr. They will run a pregnancy test & other STD test.
If she is pregnant. D Dr will xplain to u the procedure for a D&C.
After that, she will need help with her psyche cuz her self esteem will be at an all time low.
She is thinkin suicide already.. This is sumtin that will scar her for life so she will need alot of love, care & attention from u.
Then u have to treat this guys Bleep up. Get a friend that knows people.
Let them watch the guys movement. They should abduct him, beat the shi.t out of him and smash stone on his testicles.
Sumthing he will neva forget & let him know it is becuz he raped sum1.
There is a reason she told u. Its becuz she trust u & doesnt know how else to handle it.
This option is becuz u dont want to loud it. She is scared her of d norrmal Nigerian parent parole "What did u go and do in a guys house?" & the resultin embarassment.
I'd say F.uck it! Encourage her to tell her parent or u tell urs. It is better when an adult handle this case.

Option 2
2. Call her over to come tell ur parent. They will help her tell her parent cuz adult knows how to handle this kind of issue.
Trust me from there, things will be better. They will take care of her medically, emotionally & the boys Bleep'up will be treated accorrdingly.
even if na to go barracks, get soldiers to deal with the boy.
Lagos now has a sexual offenders list sef. So many things u can do to fustrate the boys life.
Start a blog, take a picture of the boy. Tell the story to the world. (only downside is people will want to know who d girl in d story is)

God knows i hate rapist: please if u need to deal with the boy. I am willing to help u. Pro-bono.

How old is ur cousin? How did it happen, where? Wasnt any1 around? Couldnt she have smashed his head wit bottle or anythin around.

PS: i have heard a girls 1st time of havin sex is always so trumatic that most of them classify it as rape.
I am not doubtin the story but please shed more light & probe deep into the story so it will be clearer.
How old is the guy & how old is ur cousin?
What is the relationship between them?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by Les: 9:30am On Jan 05, 2015
captcochrane:
26th of december? and has missed her period?

abeg, try again later
for some reason, i don't wanna believe this story
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by veave(f): 9:43am On Jan 05, 2015
isacolukay:

i swear. block d goat for dark lonely corner. carry recorder go dia. beat craze commot for e head first...

if e see woman next time, e go tear race..

1 Like

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by dhabeautyjas(f): 10:02am On Jan 05, 2015
hmmm, this is very sad.
but pls, dont let her conceal it. Personal problems like this has reduced effect if she gets justice.
Also, the guy must be allowed to face the music of his crime.
she needs to go to a standard hospital for thorough check up.
G*d works in mysterious ways, i wish she keeps the baby, it may be her saving grace in life.
G*d will help and heal her physically and psycologically

I want to use this medium to talk to all parents, pls lets get very close to our wards so we can be able to partake in their lives fully.
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by SAMBARRY: 10:11am On Jan 05, 2015
You see why its dangerous to go to a man's house much less your child hood friend you don't know what shaped his character and the kinds of friends she keeps. It's unfortunate she has wiped away all available evidences but since she knows the guys house she should go and get either the mother father or any and everyone police sets their eyes on . If possible they should arrest the entire members of his family. He will by himself show up in case he has ran away. Anyway that's a warning to ladies to be weary of going to a man's house because you're only seeing his face you don't know his motives and intention. If you go to a man's house alone when you know he's the only one at home and then you think he's not thinking of sek or r@pe then you have another thing coming

chair cover
coco candy
coogar
sophyrocks
kanwulia
chilli sauce

where una dey.over to you
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by SAMBARRY: 10:18am On Jan 05, 2015
She should do (D)og and (C)at to save the child of transfered aggression much more it is an unplanned and unwanted child who the circumstances surrounding its conception is not pleasant to the ears. How will the child feel if he was told the father is a r@pist

you people should quit all this hypocrisy jare. After all the yorubas say when there is peace in a home its because the bastard there hasn't grown. Abi you think children don't take after their spam donors in character
dhabeautyjas:
hmmm, this is very sad.
but pls, dont let her conceal it. Personal problems like this has reduced effect if she gets justice.
Also, the guy must be allowed to face the music of his crime.
she needs to go to a standard hospital for thorough check up.
G*d works in mysterious ways, i wish she keeps the baby, it may be her saving grace in life.
G*d will help and heal her physically and psycologically

I want to use this medium to talk to all parents, pls lets get very close to our wards so we can be able to partake in their lives fully.
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by free2ryhme: 10:37am On Jan 05, 2015
donkelz:
My cousin just told me few minutes ago that she was raped on 26th December, last year by a male childhood friend that she went visiting.

She was a virgin and she's traumatized by the incidence. Am the only one that she's told about it and am short of words because;

#1 Its almost two weeks it occurred, without anyone being aware;

#2 She bathed and washed the clothes she wore during the incidence because it was bloody, thereby wiping off every evidence;

#3 She's missed her period, which means she is/might be pregnant;

#4 She's thinking of killing the baby or herself to avoid the shame and

#5 She's the only child.

Nairalanders, please I need honest advice, am so sad and dumbfounded about this tragedy.

N:B Mods please frontpage, I need urgent solutions, advices and recommendations fast!

Is this how desperate u n need a frontpage slot I mean is this frustration?
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by 5minsmadness: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2015
She had sex on the 26th and Ten days later she has missed her period? Hmmmn.

Anyway, rape cases are delicate in that you need evidence to show she was actually raped. Most girls that get disvirgined even after agreed/consensual sex feel guilty soon afterwards, especially if it wasn't as good as they were expecting. Some of them feel so bad they turn around to say they were raped because that eases the guilt.

However, even if she was raped you have to look out for signs of a struggle. Did she have scratches or bites or was she bleeding from anywhere else apart from her vagina? If she had gone to hospital immediately they would have checked for all these.

She may also have contracted a sexual disease.

The main issue now is that legally its her word against his unless he confesses to raping her.
She should do a pregnancy test to check if she really is pregnant.

Ask her if she wants you to arrange guys to beat him up. Wether her response is yes or no, ask her to explain her response. Watch her body language. I have arranged for police to arrest a rapist before only for the girl to say I should stop that she has forgiven him. In one week they were in a relationship again.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by darlingnuel(m): 11:26am On Jan 05, 2015
samflexxy:
This one strong
First and foremost why didn't she report the case immediately? Am examination would have been done to know if she was really raped.
Now she might be pregnant, I think nonetheless she should still report the case to the authorities they are ways you can get the guy to confess he raped your cousin. She can go visiting again and record all there conversation and table that as an evidence

Kiling her self/baby is not the solution she has no choice than to keep the baby the boys parent will be responsible for the affairs of the child

Pls in case you need more advice on this issue mention me or pm me

I subscribe to this, especially revisiting the alleged rapist to record incriminating conversations with him...

Re: My Cousin Was Raped by isacolukay(m): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2015
veave:

i swear. block d goat for dark lonely corner. carry recorder go dia. beat craze commot for e head first...

if e see woman next time, e go tear race..

Dude doesnt even need his sister's consent crap. Once your sister has reported to you, it is because she couldnt handle it as a woman and deep within her, she looks up to you for succour.

Now as a bad sharp guy, you need to rise and save ur family's face. Get MEN who are loyal to your government, plan and strategize well, get down the sucker and stay in control of the situation.
I swear if anyone should feel bad about you for mobbing a guy, they will be singing high praises when they hear the motive behind it.
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by darlingnuel(m): 11:32am On Jan 05, 2015
5minsmadness:
She had sex on the 26th and Ten days later she has missed her period? Hmmmn.

Anyway, rape cases are delicate in that you need evidence to show she was actually raped. Most girls that get disvirgined even after agreed/consensual sex feel guilty soon afterwards, especially if it wasn't as good as they were expecting. Some of them feel so bad they turn around to say they were raped because that eases the guilt.

However, even if she was raped you have to look out for signs of a struggle. Did she have scratches or bites or was she bleeding from anywhere else apart from her vagina? If she had gone to hospital immediately they would have checked for all these.

She may also have contracted a sexual disease.

The main issue now is that legally its her word against his unless he confesses to raping her.
She should do a pregnancy test to check if she really is pregnant.

Ask her if she wants you to arrange guys to beat him up. Wether her response is yes or no, ask her to explain her response. Watch her body language. I have arranged for police to arrest a rapist before only for the girl to say I should stop that she has forgiven him. In one week they were in a relationship again.

All the best.

Awesome analysis. You sound like a detective. Very true... U don't trust these girls
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by torchwave: 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
Like SAMBARRY said, it is dangerous for a lady to go to a man's house. I don't care even if it is your pastor or that you've known him so long that you believe he can't hurt a fly. Apply sense in your dealings with men because you can NEVER vouch for the character of anybody.

I sympathise with her but it is unfortunate that she has added to the silently growing stats of rape victims by trusted 'friends'.

Two questions beg answers though. Did she have the habit of going to the guy's house alone? If she did, then why did the childhood friend choose to rape her that particular day? If not, she unwittingly and naively walked into a trap having ignored the lessons from others who have fallen victims to male 'friends' in that manner.

Pursue the case legally but I fear that since she has destroyed every evidence of her claim, her case has lost the strong foundation to effect prosecution. It is her word against his.

It is so unwise to keep her parents in the dark about this because other complications may arise to let the cat out of the bag, and when that happens you will be seen in a bad light for trying to keep information of such magnitude from them.

Note, I don't believe everything I hear. Perhaps your cousin may be lying to appear innocent, in which case she is the real culprit here. You never can tell with humans.

Please investigate properly and goodluck.
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by Osgilliat(m): 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2015
I have noticed that all my ex girlfriend(may they RIP) were either raped or forced in the act of dis virgin them. thats the lies of the 21st century common to girls nowadays. now back to the matter, your cousin was raped on 26 of dec, and she is already missing her period on jan 5. do the math and you shall know your cousin is playing you for a fool. girls with lies ehh.
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by dhabeautyjas(f): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
SAMBARRY:
She should do (D)og and (C)at to save the child of transfered aggression much more it is an unplanned and unwanted child who the circumstances surrounding its conception is not pleasant to the ears. How will the child feel if he was told the father is a r@pist

you people should quit all this hypocrisy jare. After all the yorubas say when there is peace in a home its because the bastard there hasn't grown. Abi you think children don't take after their spam donors in character

its not hypocrisy, seriously, you need to see some peoples life cos of 1 dog and cat, i pray she takes the best decision sha
Re: My Cousin Was Raped by LordReed(m): 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
missdebs:

Encourage her to do what exactly? What happens when the pregnancy begins to show? Who is going to take responsibility, the OP?

OP the best course is to ascertain if or not she is pregnant first by doing a test and also test to make sure she hasn't been infected by any STDs. If she is pregnant you should confront the guy in question with someone older you can trust. The rapist needs to take responsibility that girl should not suffer alone. Even if she is not pregnant you need to get someone older to tongue lash him. I would have said report to the police but she has destroyed the evidence so no case.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Photo..pretty Young Mum Breast Feeding Her Baby At An Even Goes Viral. / Married Women Hear Me Out Today:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.