Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak (1582 Views)

BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 / Switching From Mineral Oil To Synthetic Caused Smoking From Exhaust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by nurey(m): 9:26am On Jan 05, 2015
On sunday after the car had been returned for ABS fix, I noticed the exhaust sounds more like a Lamborghini than a toyota. If exhaust isn't fixed

1. Pollution of the environment with noise and gas (carbon monoxide) occurs
2. Danger of poisoning one self with CO due to buildup which can lead to brain damage or unconsciousness while driving
3. Decreased car mpg more money to buy fuel

So as a good Nigerian and because Eko oni Baje. Lol I decided a fix is in order. I have bargained with the panel beater and he has agreed to charge #5000 for replacement and workmanship will upload pix when he comes back, come and eat o

1 Like

Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by nurey(m): 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
This are the pix
1. Welder removing the culprit and adjusting the new wire mesh

2. The culprit that was changed, had weakened and had a tear at the rim

3. Welder doing his thing. Using oxyacetelene to weld the replacement part.

Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by nurey(m): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
Pix2

Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by nurey(m): 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
Pix3

Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
I would have used an electric weld. Tends to hold better.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
nurey:
On sunday after the car had been returned for ABS fix, I noticed the exhaust sounds more like a Lamborghini than a toyota. If exhaust isn't fixed

1. Pollution of the environment with noise and gas (carbon monoxide) occurs
2. Danger of poisoning one self with CO due to buildup which can lead to brain damage or unconsciousness while driving
3. Decreased car mpg more money to buy fuel

So as a good Nigerian and because Eko oni Baje. Lol I decided a fix is in order. I have bargained with the panel beater and he has agreed to charge #5000 for replacement and workmanship will upload pix when he comes back, come and eat o

does your car have a big huge whole that the carbon enters your cabin ?

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by nurey(m): 8:29am On Jan 12, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

does your car have a big huge whole that the carbon enters your cabin ?
Nope, I don't think I have any rust that leads from the cabin to the under, the principle is carbon monoxide coming in from the window at stops, and continuous inhaling can be dangerous.

Besides the sole in the changed part was still very minimal, hasn't enlarged.
Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by lonelydora: 9:32am On Jan 12, 2015
I changed this wire mesh in my Cerato twice, on the third time my panel beater adviced me to remove it and add normal pipe. And ever since no wahala with it.
Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:34am On Jan 12, 2015
nurey:

Nope, I don't think I have any rust that leads from the cabin to the under, the principle is carbon monoxide coming in from the window at stops, and continuous inhaling can be dangerous.

think hard my friend do you drive in closed emvironment that carbon monoxide will overcome oxygen?
Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by nurey(m): 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
ZIMDRILL:

think hard my friend do you drive in closed emvironment that carbon monoxide will overcome oxygen?

I don't get what you are trying to say

1. I changed the wire mesh not because of carbon monoxide poisoning because of the increased fuel economy and the unnatural sound.

2. The leak itself has not caused me any carbon monoxide poisoning but if it enlarge I can inhale traces of it and also it causes environmental pollution
It seems you want me to retract something in my post please do draw my attention to it
Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by KA24DETT(m): 1:08am On Jan 15, 2015
lonelydora:
I changed this wire mesh in my Cerato twice, on the third time my panel beater adviced me to remove it and add normal pipe. And ever since no wahala with it.

Thats a flex pipe. You do not change it. When you accelerate and slow down, your engine moves and thats supposed to stop your exhaust from not moving. It is the same concept as having shock absorbers in your car. Put it back bro or save money to buy a new exhaust pipe. There is a reason for every part in a car, nothing absoloutely nothing is there for a joke. Guys, this is ur investment, protect it.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Sienna 2000 Exhaust Wire Mesh Leak by sultaan(m): 1:40am On Jan 15, 2015
nurey:

When the Lagos state government reported that over 80% of drivers are not complete upstairs its either drivers don't understand the rules of driving or carbon dioxide poisoning is a lot worse than we can imagine grin

If you don't believe me just go through all these Toyota, Toyoa conversion threads grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Bmws Of All Time / Have You Seen This Car?? / 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.