Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 (12846 Views)

Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US / Car Exhaust Smoke And What It Means For Your Car / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2016
Good evening guys.

Pls I have this issue of my car bringing out black exhaust smoke after start up and whenever the throttle is matched on.

This is giving me a big concern considering the fact its a recently purchased vehicle and no "check engine" light is showing for me to diagonise it.

Kindly help me in your suggestions on how to rectify this.
CC. SIENNA AND CO.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
Etoo:
Good evening guys.

Pls I have this issue of my car bringing out black exhaust smoke after start up and whenever the throttle is matched on.

This is giving me a big concern considering the fact its a recently purchased vehicle and no "check engine" light is showing for me to diagonise it.

CC. SIENNA AND CO.

that there is no check engine light, Does not mean there is no code. Bulb might have been deleted, or connected to give a false impression that there is no error.

6 Likes

Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
Your car is consuming fuel excessively and this can be due to a number of reasons. Does your check light come on before you start your engine? i.e when instrument cluster lights come on.

1 Like

Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 5:55pm On Jun 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

that there is no check engine light, Does not mean there is no code. Bulb might have been deleted, or connected to give a false impression that there is no error.

@Gazzuzz, the check engine light comes up when im starting the engine. So i think the bulb is still intact.
Im just confused on that.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2016
0rex:
Your car is consuming fuel excessively and this can be due to a number of reasons. Does your check light come on before you start your engine? i.e when instrument cluster lights come on.
Yes it comes on before i start the engine, then disappears afterwards.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
That is weird. I suggest you observe the car for a while.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Mullberry: 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
It is never too late to report at a veritable garage to have the defect amended. Oh yes I could enumerate a couple of possible causes but yet someone has to get down to it practically.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2016
Mullberry:
It is never too late to report at a veritable garage to have the defect amended. Oh yes I could enumerate a couple of possible causes but yet someone has to get down to it practically.
Pls help enumerate some of the possible causes of the black exhaust smoke
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Mullberry: 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2016
Etoo:

Pls help enumerate some of the possible causes of the black exhaust smoke
Contaminated fuel

Clogged fuel filter

Accidental replenish of wrong fuel

Defective lambda sensor

Incorrect injection pump timing

Restricted air intake facility

Defective fuel injectors

Incomplete combustion

Defective fuel metering sensors and actuators

1 Like

Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
Mullberry:

Contaminated fuel

Clogged fuel filter

Accidental replenish of wrong fuel

Defective lambda sensor

Incorrect injection pump timing

Restricted air intake facility

Defective fuel injectors

Incomplete combustion

Defective fuel metering sensors and actuators

correct grin

OP TAKE your car to a proper garage that has diagnostic equipment. There are too many things that could cause Black smoke, including a faulty Engine Ecu.

1 Like

Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 9:14am On Jun 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

correct grin

OP TAKE your car to a proper garage that has diagnostic equipment. There are too many things that could cause Black smoke, including a faulty Engine Ecu.
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Pls since the check engine light is not showing at the moment, is it advisable for me to buy an injector cleaner and add to my fuel to know whether the injector will be cleaned. Is there any risk to that?
If not, how many liters of petrol will be adequate for 250ml injector cleaner?
Thank you guys.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2016
Etoo:

Pls since the check engine light is not showing at the moment, is it advisable for me to buy an injector cleaner and add to my fuel to know whether the injector will be cleaned. Is there any risk to that?
Thank you guys.
z
Pls help
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
in what year was your car producef
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2016
SAVEDBABA:
in what year was your car producef
2002 model
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
Etoo:

2002 model
do u also experience dis oda symthoms: oil smoke in the exhaust, oil quickly becoming dark or black after an oil change, gasoline odor in the oil,
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2016
SAVEDBABA:
do u also experience dis oda symthoms: oil smoke in the exhaust, oil quickly becoming dark or black after an oil change, gasoline odor in the oil,

Yes my oil darkens immediately after change. Im really concerned. The exhaust smoke is dark.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by OPUSDEI1(m): 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2016
Sir, like Gazzuzz advised, get to any good garage nearest to you and have a thorough diagnosis before you mess up your new car. Where are you based?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Mullberry: 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2016
Etoo:
z
Pls help
I could tell you fancy guess work in regard to serendipity than professional meticulous rectification. Whatever, any dead end futility will occur at your own expense.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2016
OPUSDEI1:
Sir, like Gazzuzz advised, get to any good garage nearest to you and have a thorough diagnosis before you mess up your new car. Where are you based?
Im based in Onitsha
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by lipstick2(f): 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
I actually came to this forum to check if someone has this same experience and what advise has been given.
My RX300 has a similar problem,i have changed 3 airflow meters all to no avail.My car drinks fuel like water.After purchase,delivery and first servicing,it was found that the CATALYST POTs were removed,could the smoke be from there?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
Etoo:

Yes my oil darkens immediately after change. Im really concerned. The exhaust smoke is dark.
i suspect you have oil sludge in your engine,have u scanned your vehicle.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by lonelydora: 5:40am On Jun 10, 2016
Etoo:

Thank you guys.

Please don't do this. Take that car to a good garage as suggested.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by chukel(m): 6:34am On Jun 10, 2016
lipstick2:
I actually came to this forum to check if someone has this same experience and what advise has been given.
My RX300 has a similar problem,i have changed 3 airflow meters all to no avail.My car drinks fuel like water.After purchase,delivery and first servicing,it was found that the CATALYST POTs were removed,could the smoke be from there?

a friend of mine had same situation 2 weeks after he took delivery of his 2006 sienna. Very black smoke, couldn't fire well, guzzled fuel. Scan showed mass airflow sensor as culprit. But all the mafs brought didn't work. At the end of the day it was a multimeter I used and discovered there was no power to the maf. We found a blown fuse, replaced at the cost of 50naira. That was just the solution. So scan and check your fuses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 10:25am On Jun 10, 2016
SAVEDBABA:
i suspect you have oil sludge in your engine,have u scanned your vehicle.

There is no check engine light showing on my dashboard. can u scan an engine where the check-engine light is not showing.?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2016
lonelydora:

Please don't do this. Take that car to a good garage as suggested.
Please is there any risk in cleaning the injector since the car has not brought up check-engine light?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
Etoo:

There is no check engine light showing on my dashboard. can u scan an engine where the check-engine light is not showing.?
yes sure.........den,if the diagonosis says notin.....then you can do a physical assesment,to no if it oil sludge.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
SAVEDBABA:
yes sure.........den,if the diagonosis says notin.....then you can do a physical assesment,to no if it oil sludge.
I will be checking about the sludge tomorrow. But can oil sludge cause black smoke in the exhaust?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 11, 2016
Etoo:

I will be checking about the sludge tomorrow. But can oil sludge cause black smoke in the exhaust?
yes......dats a symptom of oil sludge in the engine....
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by erico2k2(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
lipstick2:

How did they know it was removed?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by honmusa(m): 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2016
Etoo:
Good evening guys.

CC. SIENNA AND CO.
You ecu is probably getting a corrupt data from a faulty sensor .Get a scanner and run a data stream to identify the faulty sensor.
If you have a scanner ,call my number @signature ,I will put you through to identify the culprit.
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Etoo: 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2016
Etoo:

Hi, I just finished from the mechanic, its not an oil sludge. The electrician said since no engine light is showing, there is no need for the diagnostics. The black smoke still comes out on higher acceleration and the fuel is highly affected.

I dont know whether the injector can be the culprit. A mechanic was telling of 2 sensors near the injector that possible could be causing it. Is there any other possibility I could check pending when the check-engine light surfaces?
Re: Black Exhaust Smoke In Rx300 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2016
If you can get a new ECU to test your car with, I think that's better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Maintain A Car You Want To Park For Long / Camry 99 Thermostat Removal / Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.