Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Buhari's Speech At The Annual Lagos State Thanksgiving Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Speech At The Annual Lagos State Thanksgiving Service (700 Views)

Chief Edwin Clark's 90th Birthday Thanksgiving Service In Abuja (Photos) / Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu's 74th Birthday And Thanksgiving Service (Photos) / Wike & His Wife Eberechi At Rivers State Government Thanksgiving Service(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Speech At The Annual Lagos State Thanksgiving Service by Freelancer007(m): 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2015
Your Excellency our host, the Governor of Lagos
State.
Your Excellencies here present.
My Lords Spiritual and Temporal, Pastor and Mrs.
E.A Adeboye;
Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen.
I am honoured to participate this year at this
Annual Lagos Thanksgiving Service. I thank the
Governor of Lagos State and especially his dear
wife - Her excellency, Mrs. Bimbola Fashola - for
this very kind invitation.
I am happy to note that this yearly thanksgiving -
although it is a Christian service, yet it brings
together Nigerians of all faiths. Christians, Muslims
and those of other faiths gather here annually, just
to thank the Almighty God. This is as should be.
Religion must never be used as an excuse to
divide, to oppress others, or to gain unfair
advantage.
All my life, I have expressed the belief that all
Nigerians must be free to worship God according
to their beliefs.
The duty of government is not religion. The duty of
government is to ensure peace and security for all
Nigerians regardless of tribe, race or religion.
This is the commitment that we all must make
especially on this day of thanksgiving.
The Nigeria of our dreams is one where, we can all
sit like this and rejoice together, and thank God
together.
The Almighty God will help us to achieve that
country of our dreams.
I wish you all a happy and joyful 2015. The year
2015, will be a year of success and victory for us
all.
Thank you.
General M. Buhari.

Source: http://www.reviewcious.com

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Annual Lagos State Thanksgiving Service by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2015
pretentious political cacazaus
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Annual Lagos State Thanksgiving Service by watered(m): 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2015
That's what speech should be. Brief, concise and straight to d point. Not dat guy who tells us things like we are listening to #talesbymoonlight

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Speech At The Annual Lagos State Thanksgiving Service by SeverusSnape(m): 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2015
Politicians!... Lawd have mercy.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Annual Lagos State Thanksgiving Service by dunkem21(m): 9:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
Thank you.

Next time, remove your cap if they wan pray. If they begin shout fire, fire, fire ..no run o na part of prayer.

Meanwhile GEJ till Buhari start preaching on the pulpit.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Annual Lagos State Thanksgiving Service by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
Good. But all we are asking for is certificate
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Annual Lagos State Thanksgiving Service by Tundeiab(m): 9:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
Wetin concern bird with toothbrush...
None of my business.
Re: Buhari's Speech At The Annual Lagos State Thanksgiving Service by SweetJoystick(m): 9:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
Spot on!

(1) (Reply)

Obesere As Said It All...vote Wisely. / Photos: PDP Governors And Nollywood Stars At The #GEJ2015 Campaign Flag Off / Thirty Achievements Of Goodluck Jonathan's Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.