Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? (11109 Views)

How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? / Agonies Of A Child Born Of A Wicked Mother / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 06, 2015
Every ladies dream is to get married to their ideal man, and eventually after seeing their perfect soul mate and marriage set in, hoping they'd live peaceful thereafter, then that's when the problem surfaced. And what is this problem we are talking about? Actually, it's not 'what' but 'who' the problem is, the 'problem' is the Mother in-law (husband's mother).

The problem could be trivial if the Mother in-law is not living with the couples, but if she does, then you know that the battle line would been drawn between the wife and mother in-law.

If you have ever been or still in this kind of predicament, how did/do you cope with your mother in-law, and for those who are yet to marry, come the future, how do you tend to solve the situation if occurs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Maakhir(m): 12:07am On Jan 06, 2015
Be like Hansel and Gretel and push the witch into the fireplace cheesy

Im just joking. Maybe you should try to be nice to her. Win her over or something
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by 3DCYCLOPS: 12:12am On Jan 06, 2015
Dont have one yet.

when i get to that stage,we go settle ourselves
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 06, 2015
Maakhir:
Be like Hansel and Gretel and push the witch into the fireplace cheesy

Im just joking. Maybe you should try to be nice to her. Win her over or something

hw can that be done?
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 06, 2015
shocked
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 06, 2015
3DCYCLOPS:
Dont have one yet.

when i get to that stage,we go settle ourselves

instead of you hoping 2 solve the situation come the future, y nt try and take measure to prevent that frm happening
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by khiaa(f): 12:20am On Jan 06, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]Why isn't she staying in her own home?
The husband should have a stern talk with his mother and remind her that she is in his and his wife's home and should behave accordingly and respect his wife
The husband must remember that he is the king and his WIFE is the queen of their castle/home.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Maakhir(m): 12:24am On Jan 06, 2015
2undexy:

hw can that be done?

Buy her gifts, maket her feel welcome etc.

She probably thinks your taking her daughter away from her or something.

Just be a nice person, it may take some time but she will eventually be a nicer person to you
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Maakhir(m): 12:26am On Jan 06, 2015
khiaa:
Why isn't she staying in her own home?
The husband should have a stern talk with his mother and remind her that she is in his and his wife's home and should behave accordingly and respect his wife
The husband must remember that he is the king and his WIFE is the queen of their castle/home.

This is bad advice because the husband must be respectful to his mother. There is no excuse to disrespect his mother by being 'stern' with her.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 06, 2015
Maakhir:

Buy her gifts, maket her feel welcome etc.

She probably thinks your taking her daughter away from her or something.

Just be a nice person, it may take some time but she will eventually be a nicer person to you

hmmm...i hope so

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by khiaa(f): 12:34am On Jan 06, 2015
Maakhir:

This is bad advice because the husband must be respectful to his mother. There is no excuse to disrespect his mother by being 'stern' with her.

This is the only real advice, I said be stern/honest with his mother it has nothing to do with being disrespectful.
Let no man/woman put assunder, this includes mothers/mother-inlaws.
Too many mothers/mother-inlaws think they have the right to come and run their childrens home.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 06, 2015
khiaa:
[color=#000099][/color]Why isn't she staying in her own home?

and if the mother insist that she's going nowhr, wah will u do? Shut d door on her? send her away? disown her? Of course u wouldn't do that

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by nickz(m): 12:35am On Jan 06, 2015
gringrin lmao....classic reminder of my mum and my dad's-mum quarrels those days...
My Grand-mum always complained
My mum saw her like some colonial lord
Too bad I was the only one the saw the funnny part of itcheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 06, 2015
khiaa:

This is the only real advice, I said be stern/honest with his mother has nothing to do with being disrespectful.
Let no man/woman put you assunder, this includes mothers/mother-inlaws.

na 2ru u talk ma bro
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 06, 2015
nickz:
gringrin lmao....classic reminder of my mum and my dad's-mum quarrels those days...
My Grand-mum always complained
My mum saw her like some colonial lord
Too bad I was the only one the saw the funnny part of itcheesy

how did ur mom handled it? Did they come 2 terms?
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by khiaa(f): 12:41am On Jan 06, 2015
2undexy:

na 2ru u talk ma bro

I'm a woman.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by nickz(m): 12:51am On Jan 06, 2015
2undexy:

how did ur mom handled it? Did they come 2 terms?
my mum is very hot-headed,my grand-mum was very possessive and never liked my mum cause of where she was from
My dad's death separated every tie they ever had,the list of accusations my grand-mum brought up after his death including tying his death around her neck..
Simple as fuuk,all my mum had to do was to threaten her and the family that she would run away with all of us(children)gringrin THIS WAS HOW THEY HAPPILY CAME TO TERMSgringrin.......never a happy ending in my familygringringrin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by TDstarr: 1:06am On Jan 06, 2015
WOMEN ARE NATURALLY POSSESIVE THEY WANA USE STYLE TO TAKE CONTROL AND THEY HATE SEEING THREAT, EVEN IF THE MOTHER INLAW IS THE NICEST ON EARTH AS LONG AS SHE COMES SHE WILL ALWAYS BE A THREAT TO THR WIFE....

WELL I WILL JUST ADVISE MY WIFE TO BE PATIENT WITH MUM AND MUM THE SAME, smiley
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by braine(m): 1:15am On Jan 06, 2015
Be nice to her. Finish her with kindness! It won't be easy, but just do it.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by zeezahbee(f): 1:25am On Jan 06, 2015
Treat her like your mother. Although some mother in law will still find trouble, if she's a pain in the neck, a beg just look at her as if she doesn't exist, she will gradually draw you closer

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 06, 2015
Dont deceive yahself,you cant cope with her if she has decided to dtay...My Advice call her a witch or poison her...NOLLYWOOD TINZ
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by samuelson06(m): 2:00am On Jan 06, 2015
Personally, I wouldn't allow my mother to move into the same house with me after marriage. I mean what for? She enjoyed her own life and marriage with her husband, why not allow me enjoy mine? What exactly is she coming to do? To still take care of me and give counsels? God forbid! My wife would enjoy her marriage to the fullest. No interference from anybody. I can't allow that happen to my just wedded lovely wife. Is she coming so that she'll say my wife can't cook? That she should come and cook for me or herself? In whose house? When I read those stuff, I'll just laugh at some men asking myself which planet they come from. Atleast it doesn't take much to be real man! Live your life without any form of interference please and be free. You have your life, take charge. For those that may have found themselves in this unfortunate situation, please I'll advice you to smartly discharge your mum to the family house. Eventhough it appears there might not be problem today, one would definitely arise someday and that good relationship between your wife (and in extension you) and your mum would begin suffer because of your own ignorance. Two matured women cannot stay under one man or same roof peacefully even if sisters. One must definitely create problem for the other and you know women are experts in creating problems. Even for Omugo or whatever name it's called, please don't invite her, your wife can take care of the baby by herself. She's a woman ofcourse and must have learnt all those things. Or what if your mum or her mum wasn't still alive? Wouldn't she take care of the baby? So what's the point? Even for house maid, stay away from them. These guys usually feel bitter and frustrated that they ain't privilege in the society and hence inflicting those pains on your baby. Some on their own refused going to school when they had the chance but now feels they have been left behind hence looking for what they can lay hand on in your house and zoom even it means selling your baby for rituals if possible. Please stay away from them.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Maakhir(m): 2:00am On Jan 06, 2015
khiaa:

This is the only real advice, I said be stern/honest with his mother it has nothing to do with being disrespectful.
Let no man/woman put assunder, this includes mothers/mother-inlaws.
Too many mothers/mother-inlaws think they have the right to come and run their childrens home.

Just speaking sternly to his mother, the lady who bore him for nine months and brought him to this earth, is disrespectful. The man who speaks sternly to his mother is not a man at all.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by khia: 2:26am On Jan 06, 2015
Maakhir:

Just speaking sternly to his mother, the lady who bore him for nine months and brought him to this earth, is disrespectful. The man who speaks sternly to his mother is not a man at all.

Yes she carried him for 9 months and hopefully raised him to be a man and not a mommy's boy.
Hmmmm!! What does the bible say about leaving your mommy and clinging to your wife?
A man who lets anyone disrespect/mistreat his wife is not a man at all and shouldn't have gotten married but remained single and continue to be mommy's little boy.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Maakhir(m): 2:34am On Jan 06, 2015
khia:

Yes she carried him for 9 months and hopefully raised him to be a man and not a mommy's boy.
Hmmmm!! What does the bible say about leaving your mommy and clinging to your wife?
A man who lets anyone disrespect/mistreat his wife is not a man at all and shouldn't have gotten married but remained single and continue to be mommy's little boy.

Im not a christian.

Is this the same bible which mistreats women in its verses?

Being respectful to your mother is being mummy's little boy now?

Are you actually being serious?
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by khia: 2:48am On Jan 06, 2015
Maakhir:

Being dishonest to your mother is being disrespectful to her, allowing her to disrespect, and mistreat your wife in your wife's own home is very disrespectful to your wife.
The mother has already decided she doesn't like the wife and will continue to make her miserable so it is the husband responsibility to stop his mother or lose his wife.
--------------------------------------
Im not a christian.

Is this the same bible which mistreats women in its verses?

Being respectful to your mother is being mummy's little boy now?

Are you actually being serious?

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 06, 2015
samuelson06:
Personally, I wouldn't allow my mother to move into the same house with me after marriage. I mean what for? She enjoyed her own life and marriage with her husband, why not allow me enjoy mine? What exactly is she coming to do? To still take care of me and give counsels? God forbid! My wife would enjoy her marriage to the fullest. No interference from anybody. I can't allow that happen to my just wedded lovely wife. Is she coming so that she'll say my wife can't cook? That she should come and cook for me or herself? In whose house? When I read those stuff, I'll just laugh at some men asking myself which planet they come from. Atleast it doesn't take much to be real man! Live your life without any form of interference please and be free. You have your life, take charge. For those that may have found themselves in this unfortunate situation, please I'll advice you to smartly discharge your mum to the family house. Eventhough it appears there might not be problem today, one would definitely arise someday and that good relationship between your wife (and in extension you) and your mum would begin suffer because of your own ignorance. Two matured women cannot stay under one man or same roof peacefully even if sisters. One must definitely create problem for the other and you know women are experts in creating problems. Even for Omugo or whatever name it's called, please don't invite her, your wife can take care of the baby by herself. She's a woman ofcourse and must have learnt all those things. Or what if your mum or her mum wasn't still alive? Wouldn't she take care of the baby? So what's the point? Even for house maid, stay away from them. These guys usually feel bitter and frustrated that they ain't privilege in the society and hence inflicting those pains on your baby. Some on their own refused going to school when they had the chance but now feels they have been left behind hence looking for what they can lay hand on in your house and zoom even it means selling your baby for rituals if possible. Please stay away from them.
Talk is cheap bro but action is expensive. I guess you a single, just wait until you get to that stage. First of all, two women don't live peacefully unlike men but the bitter truth is that a mum is not and will never be a guest in her son's house. So as a part of the family, she will always visit and the best way to handle such situation as the head of a home is to let everyone know her limits. E.g the kitchen is your wife's landed property and your mum is just a tenant in it, everyone has the right to scold the kids as they are your wife's kids and your mum's grandkids etc cool

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by Maakhir(m): 2:52am On Jan 06, 2015
khia:

Be nice to both.
Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by bettiesofttouch(f): 3:03am On Jan 06, 2015
samuelson06:
. so on point. Which ever way some mothers in law still hate but I'll advise u keep showing her luv. Even if she's d devil herself she'll definitely get tired of hating u n reciprocate your love.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by khia: 3:03am On Jan 06, 2015
Maakhir:

Be nice to both.

Are you talking about the husband being nice to both of them because that isn't the problem, the mother/mother-inlaw is.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? by khia: 3:11am On Jan 06, 2015
nickz:
my mum is very hot-headed,my grand-mum was very possessive and never liked my mum cause of where she was from
My dad's death separated every tie they ever had,the list of accusations my grand-mum brought up after his death including tying his death around her neck..
Simple as fuuk,all my mum had to do was to threaten her and the family that she would run away with all of us(children)gringrin THIS WAS HOW THEY HAPPILY CAME TO TERMSgringrin.......never a happy ending in my familygringringrin

I hope you learned from your experience.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? / How Far Will You Go For A Male Child? / Your Thoughts On Cyber Bullies And Suicide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.