Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,909 members, 7,848,668 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! (4227 Views)

Solomon Dalung: How I Paid A Poor Girl's School Fees For A Year / Tinubu Is A Poor Student Of History For Supporting The North- Aribisala / Picture: If This Was True, Then Why Is GEJ Running For Presidency Again ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by LRNZH(m): 6:00am On Jan 06, 2015
seunfly:
When there is nothing to campaign from.
May you live long.
Leave OP Jare. Why focus on symptoms when the cause is apparent? Thanks once again for this insight they fail to see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by FastShipping: 6:58am On Jan 06, 2015
naijaking1:
@fastshipping
Oh no, you were doing so well until now.
Being an international fellow of some organisation means nothing as to whether some met the constitutional requirement of a basic high school diploma stipulated in our constitution- you should know better!

I beg to differ. First tell me what "international fellow stands for" first before we move forward. I know some of you are ready to move the goal posts whenever you see the truth starring you in the eyes.

4 Likes

Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by pickabeau1: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2015
luvmijeje:
@fastshipping beautiful analysis.

As in.....
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 06, 2015
calebo101:
OP, keep calm and watch Jonathan play his game. Everything you see is calculated. Well calculated.

You know, sometimes u draw a chair, sit down and watch children play.
it's people like you that keep deceiving the president that all is well, when nothing is at all. His opponents are busy making headway in uncharted grounds, especially is own stronghold, and are securing theirs while he sits in abuja hoping on goodluck with his incompetent campaigners spending funds on demonizing buhari who has scaled every hurdle they placed before him.

6 Likes

Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by Bitterleafsoup: 8:33am On Jan 06, 2015
FastShipping:

I beg to differ. First tell me what "international fellow stands for" first before we move forward. I know some of you are ready to move the goal posts whenever you see the truth starring you in the eyes.
How come his name is not under graduates?
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by chatterly: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2015
kITATITA:
Whoever selected FFK as Director of Communication of GEJ campaign didn't do the president a favour. FFK is not known friend of the north and definitely not a friend of the Igbo (the 'I slept with Bianca' saga and his position on the deportation of Igbo from Lagos don't make a favourite salesman to take a product to the Igbo). Who's going to vote for the president.

I am not a PDP supporter never have and never will ,but appointing FFK into the campaign team is the greatest blunder any campaign organization can make.
FFK has a lot of nuisance value and he is best left as a free agent.This is a national election involving Muslims ,Christians,Northerners,Southerners etc.
FFK is a known antagonist of Islam and the North even to a large extent the South East.Unless the PDP is conceeding that it has a sectional agenda,they should have kept FFK out and allow him to continue running his rants but protecting him from any prosecution.
That in my opinion would have been a better way of using him effectively.

3 Likes

Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by ruffp: 9:04am On Jan 06, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Chairman, the guy knows the password of Nigerians, give them some money and they will sell their votes . . . . So sad but it is true, and since he is incharge of the money to fund such hand out . . . . I hope and pray that Nigerians will vote with their heart this time and not with their stomach.

What u said is very real. We can all deny we can't accept money to vote along certain lines but the truth is we all can. Thats y we have people like Abati who was a staunch critic of this govt shamelessly defending their stupidity. I may not accept 5k to vote a certain candidate.....but can i truely maintain that stand if given 100m? It all bores down to self worth and integrity. For integriity,i must say such persons r very very few...for self worth,i know they cant offer 100m for my single vote and i know i am worth far more than the 5k or 50k they could drop. However there r so many individuals that haave never had 5k misc money placed in their hands @one go. For such people, that 5k looks like 5m......do u expect them to decline? It would take a lota pain n sacrifice for them to rise above that temptation!
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by jaybee3(m): 9:09am On Jan 06, 2015
ruffp:

What u said is very real. We can all deny we can't accept money to vote along certain lines but the truth is we all can. Thats y we have people like Abati who was a staunch critic of this govt shamelessly defending their stupidity. I may not accept 5k to vote a certain candidate.....but can i truely maintain that stand if given 100m? It all bores down to self worth and integrity. For integriity,i must say such persons r very very few...for self worth,i know they cant offer 100m for my single vote and i know i am worth far more than the 5k or 50k they could drop. However there r so many individuals that haave never had 5k misc money placed in their hands @one go. For such people, that 5k looks like 5m......do u expect them to decline? It would take a lota pain n sacrifice for them to rise above that temptation!
The difference between you and some of us is that we simply have values

Of what use is a bribe of 100M that will have to be repaid back in folds via embezzlement.

Do you honestly think those that donated 21BN to GEJ's campaign did so because they love him?
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by PenSoftCorp(m): 9:10am On Jan 06, 2015
all these are bants jor, look at what people are saying about gej being the next president here
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 06, 2015
eighTHREAD:
it's people like you that keep deceiving the president that all is well, when nothing is at all. His opponents are busy making headway in uncharted grounds, especially is own stronghold, and are securing theirs while he sits in abuja hoping on goodluck with his incompetent campaigners spending funds on demonizing buhari who has scaled every hurdle they placed before him.

Wetin concern u with the way he run e package? U dey fear? Wait, we would teach u guys how clueless people roll....

1 Like

Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by midolian(m): 9:32am On Jan 06, 2015
Oh! Hw I love this
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2015
naijaking1:

My brother, you can live in Coal camp, ugbo chime, or Ogwuago, it doesn't matter; you still don't know Mbaka enough. You never knew him from his LGA, his town, his business endeavors(mostly crooked if I may add, except the water), and his stint in Rome.
When somebody claims that God speaks ONLY through them, many civilized societies would politely place them on an anti-psychotic, in Nigeria, he is making money from his illness, and deceiving many too.

I may not agree with your political views....but the bold is accurately true.... grin
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by Change2015(m): 9:58am On Jan 06, 2015
FastShipping:
I am not GEJ supporter but I agree with most of what you listed except the last part. The problems of GEJ's campaign are not limited to what you have listed and disagree with you on the last part where you advised he moved his campaign team to Yenegoa. Communication apparatus, accommodation, comfort and security are available in Abuja unlike Yenegoa. They can get their messages out of Abuja faster than Yenegoa. How do you expect someone like Abati, FFK, Okupe, and other campaign team operatives to function in a land that is foreign to them? Don't forget, GEJ said on national tv recently that "commercial kdnappings" are going on in that part of the country.

Here are some reasons why GEJ campaign is in disarray:

1. Over reliance on old discredited bumper sticker accusation against Buhari which people are not buying into anymore. For example, Islamization of Nigeria, Boko Haram sponsor tag, Sharia general tag are not sticking. In fact, the general has been buoyed by those tags in recent months. People have done research on their own and found out the general did non of what he has been accused of.

2. Yemi Osinbajo Factor. Choosing the Pastor/Professor of Law was a masterstroke. It took out gas out of GEJ's campaign. GEJ's campaign operatives e.g FFK, Okupe and co were hoping for Fashola. Instead, Buhari chose Osinbajo and that ran gas out of their tank in GEJ's camp. GEJ's camp led by FFK didn't see that coming. They had prepared and positioned their war machineries against Muslim/Muslim ticket. grin grin grin grin

3. Amaechi Factor. They were busy mocking Amaechi grin. Instead of getting out message against Osinbajo after he was chosen by Buhari, GEJ team spent the next two weeks attacking Amaechi for losing out V.P slot. Was Amechi ever in the running? They got on TV accusing Amaechi of spending 33 Billion naira, 17 Billion Naira and 20 Billion Naira. GEJ had three of his associates on TV talking about three different numbers of what Amaechi spent on Buhari campaign and people didn't buy any of it. Only a foo.l would have believed Amaechi spent that on Buhari's campaign.

4. Co-Ordinated Attack by APC. This was another masterstroke by APC in the last two weeks. There have been relentless attack from APC team against GEJ in the last two weeks. Let it be either from Obasanjo, Fashola, Lai Mohmmed, Oshiomohle, Aregbe and co. These people were talking about depletion of Foreign Reserve, oil theft, Federation Account, etc. GEJ was there when some rogues were donating billions of Naira to his campaign. The national dailies, TV, radio were in full broadcast mode when this happened. This very event did not help GEJ. It hurts GEJ in the short and long term. At the time Okonja Iweala was preparing the nation for austerity, GEJ was participating in an event where billionaires were donating billions to him while the country was watching. GEJ was hammered by all for this show of carelessness and rob it in your face attitude. In fact, some PDP politicians grumbled quietly about this.

5. Lack of Transparency during PDP Primaries. The entire country saw how PDP primaries and APC primaries went. Nigerians were surprised with the way APC conducted their primaries across the nation. Most especially the presidential primary was excellent. On the other hand, PDP primaries were marred by fraud, imposition and decampment. As a matter of fact, there are states where PDP still have no candidate on the ballot as at today.

6. Naira Decline and Late/Non Payment of Salaries. The Naira free fall and non payment of salaries in many ministries, and parastatals are hitting people hard. My blood brother got appointment letter in August and resumed in September but he has not been paid a penny. My brother is not alone. Many parents couldn't celebrate Christmas as they wished because they were not paid the last two to three months salaries and areas before December 31st.

7. Negative News around GEJ. There is no day that goes by in the last month without negative news about GEJ, PEJ, PDP, GEJ associates or aides. Ask yourself how many positive news has come GEJ's way in the last two months.

8. The visit to IBB was a bad move. Many Yorubas detest IBB for what he did in 1993. It was on TV for about a week that GEJ went to Minna to visit IBB with GEJ appearing on TV talking about visiting his father and how much he had missed his father. His behavior was unpresidential. While at it, GEJ was behaving like a drunk man. Saying on national TV on December 28 that "tomorrow is New Year". That was a characteristic of a clueless man being displayed on national television.

9. Lack of Political Gurus. GEJ does not have political operatives who know their onions. Why would a president go on TV and say to the nation that he's been given wrong advice by people around him. Then followed by GEJ saying he was finally coming up with his own anti corruption plan. Really? grin

Political season is when people pay more attention to what is going on around them. The whole country was watching while GEJ was killing himself with kindergarten mistakes. Many people would have looked and shook their head that the man has no ideas of his. Who are his advisers? Who writes and vets his speeches? It seems he has political kindergarteners around him.

Don't let anyone deceive you. GEJ is truly a worried man today. He is more worried today than he was six months ago. He is not sure of what is going on. Those pictures of worried man you see are true pictures of the state of things with GEJ.

Thank you for answering the nonsense.
People are awaiting salary and they see the President's friends gathering 21billion for his campaign with 1billion from governors that haven't paid? At Christmas time when they are trying to buy chicken parts, because turkey has become a dream to most. The president says stupid things like 'I'm working on an anti-corruption plan' 6yrs after he assumed the presidency? Does he think people are fools? Can he not see how his wife's interference in party matters is causing disaffection in Bayelsa and Rivers just to mention two places? Does he not imagine that as we sat with our families this holiday, many of us uttered prayers for the missing Chibok girls and all others in boko haram captivity? Were many people not scared to travel because kidnapping has become fashionable in many southern parts, and others were afraid of possible fuel price increases? Does he ever give the impression that he understands and feels the publics pain and frustrations? Was phcn even as good as in the past this holiday season? For a man whom this country and circumstance (no I won't claim it was God) have given so much, does he work like an appreciative person?

Please let him just go, and then he will find out that his friends and supposed achievements are equally illusory. Even his own local government remains a wretched outpost and for all the militant billionaires he has created, life has worsened in the delta. The pdp should have been bold enough to replace him, but they will pay dearly for that mistake, come February.

#change
#GMB
#APC

4 Likes

Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by ruffp: 9:59am On Jan 06, 2015
jaybee3:

The difference between you and some of us is that we simply have values

Of what use is a bribe of 100M that will have to be repaid back in folds via embezzlement.

Do you honestly think those that donated 21BN to GEJ's campaign did so because they love him?

Well, u clearly didnt get my position. If u must know, man is inherently selfish! And every man indeed has a price. Yes, there r people who have integrity to rise above temptation,but a whole lot can't, not because they love the tempter but because their desire to survive outweighs the zeal to resist temptation. Your prayer should be...that God shouldn't allow u to face a temptation greater than u can withstand. There r so so many that can give an arm for bread, the sooner u recognise it,the better.
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by citizenY(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2015
[quote author=luvmijeje post=29530203]@fastshipping beautiful analysis. [/quote

@fastshipping

smooth sailing, more water to your keel
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by midolian(m): 10:14am On Jan 06, 2015
GOD BLEsS U ABUNdANtLy
LRNZH:

I am disappointed that an intelligent analyst like you is accepting rumours as statements of fact, and for not seeing the big picture.

My responses in bold brown:

1. After spending more than 20billion naira of his state's money for Buhari, Amaechi was the first to accuse Wike of embezzaling 3.5 billion naira as education minister, so that when someone eventually realized the political need to make the accusation against Amaechi it was simply drowned out.

Even PDP cannot stick to a single number in their allegations against Amaechi. Is it 17 or 30 Billion Naira? Since nobody knows, there is no case here. It may well be nothing. Leave Amaechi alone until you have concrete evidence.

2. The GEJ team consistently forgets to seen the joint attacks of OBJ and the APC team; from the Tambuwal as speaker to questioning the president's honesty and leadership, echoed by Sanusi at the CBN, El-Rufai as a CBN contractor, and then OBJ joining the chorus.

If all these men from diverse background are attacking GEJ, why don't you guys sit back for once and ask yourselves: maybe they have a point or two. Personally I think your man lacks the mental capacity for the job even if he has good intentions. That's what prompts the various attacks.

3. The GEJ doesn't seem to understand the dangers of these obviously false, but damaging allegations. He waits for a minister of communication interested in chasing his own career as a Nasarawa governor to respond to no avail.

What do you expect, when he cannot even identify the proper people to work with? He is surrounded by people at his level of reasoning hence the blunders that keep spewing from his camp. Besides, the subject of many of those attacks are true.

4. Today, OBJ accuses GEJ of squandering oil money, knowing fully well that nobody caused the oil prices to fall. Remember Fashola saying that GEJ is wasting 400,000 barrels of oil a day? Those are messages with zero truth, but designed to confuse the uninformed into thinking that somehow GEJ caused the fall in Nigeria's oil. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is not such a politician to reply to such political sound bites, and she can't. Evidently, GEJ makes no response as we speak.

You shock me on this one. OBJ is being honest this time. It is not about who caused the oil price to fall stupi.d. It is about GEJ's govt squandering all monies earned when oil price was around or above $100 per barrel. No other President had had this opportunity. Immediately oil price falls, Okonjo-Iweala starts shrieking. Meanwhile 400,000 barrels is being stolen by GEJ's men (Tompolo etc) daily. It is a well known fact. Even international media asserts this. Oil bunkering under GEJ is unprecedented. That's about $10Billion lost annually. Who is fooling who?

5. GEJ team has yielded the blame territory on security to APC, now it's on the defense, almost accepting blame for Boko Haram.

This one is a no brainer. GEJ called Boko Haram his siblings and soft pedalled on this matter for close to two years before taking action. Infact, some people are insinuating GEJ stands to gain from the insurgency (suppressed voters turnout in the NE) hence his laid back demeanour. Have you asked yourself why Obama and the rest of the World are reluctant to help GEJ on this one?

6. Don't forget Mbaka and company, a frenzied priest who was frustrated, because the first lady couldn't return his phone calls. All of a sudden, he is receiving demonic, sorry spiritual messages about Nigeria's political condition. Yet the GEJ has nobody to respond to the crazy priest and his short term admonitions.

This one na una business. But indicators show that SE/Ndi Igbo are waking up from the 'Ebele' and 'Azikiwe' trick. I hope they don't fall for GEJ's monetary tricks this time around.

7. The GEJ publicity team needs a make over, because while they are busy delivering messages with bicycles, the APC team delivers its own messages with supersonic jets!

APC has intelligent people in their folds. It shows. Period.

8. The GEJ is over relying on the power of incumbency to the detriment of real grass root campaign efforts, and very clearly articulated political messages. There's no forceful organizer of his message out there!

What do you expect from someone who had never really won a difficult election? 2011 was his first election and he had OBJ, Nigerians' goodwill and Gov't funds-GEJ depleted ECA badly that period.
Times have changed. He is well understood to be incompetent and has lost almost everybody's goodwill. GEJ thinks he'll share N21Billion and end of story. Let him try grassroots campaigning and watch the blunders that will surface.
grin

9. The president doesn't come across as one of us Nigerians, his laid back attitude and taciturn disposition unfortunately colors him as aloof, and uninterested in the affairs of many Nigerians. Compared to Buhari who had a makeover since last month. Instead of almajiri clothing, Buhari appears in a suit, Igbo, Yoruba, and even Ijaw traditional attires. He spreads pictures making him look a bit more presidential, why can't GEJ photographers do a better job?

See my responses in 2, 3 & 8. The guy no sharp and can't identify sharp people to work for him. Of course he's not in touch with the reality of every day Nigerians. This guy is holed up in Aso Rock. I hear he's always drunk before close of business on a daily basis. Its rumours sha.

10. Why do they always show pictures of the president looking confused, uncertain, and even depressed. Psychologically, these facial appearances don't inspire confidence in people looking up to a leader.

I doubt if GEJ's true passion is in governance and policy making / execution. He cannot give what's not there. He always appears disinterested. Let's call a spade a spade. I don't see what you guys can do here.

11. What can we do?
First, the presidents campaign team should be filled with people who are talented, have fun doing their jobs, and re-located to Otuoke or Yenagoa. The president's re-election campaign head quarters should be re-located to Baylesa and away from Abuja, just like Obama's team was located in Chicago. It will simply help the president separate those looking for their daily meals in Abuja from those who really has an idea of how to make him win.

You can try because you want to win at all cost.

But the true answer is as follows:
Ask yourselves- Is GEJ the right material for the office of the president of Nigeria? I'll be quick to say no. Nigeria is too complex for a disinterested man without the mental capacity to tackle our challenges.
You can try window dressing GEJ but the act is wearing thin. Everyone is catching up.
I think you guys should abandon ship. GEJ is not salvageable!
Be as wise as you analyse my friend.

Shalom to you.

GMB 2015 On Course

1 Like

Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by Justcash(m): 10:50am On Jan 06, 2015
THE FACT THAT A GIANT BOWED RESPECTFULLY TO A DWARF DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT THE GIANT IS TALLER THAN THE DWARF.

FEAR SILENCE

1 Like

Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by DukeNija(m): 10:57am On Jan 06, 2015
jaybee3:
Perhaps he believes so much in his Goodluck syndrome hence the over confidence

Not necessarily, campaign has not officially commenced. Besides, somethings are better left unattended to.
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by DukeNija(m): 11:00am On Jan 06, 2015
naijaking1:
I support the re-election of the president, but so far he and his team have only reacted to news, and not made any news themselves. A look at national news headlines over the past 2 weeks will show how:

1. After spending more than 20billion naira of his state's money for Buhari, Amaechi was the first to accuse Wike of embezzaling 3.5 billion naira as education minister, so that when someone eventually realized the political need to make the accusation against Amaechi it was simply drowned out.

2. The GEJ team consistently forgets to seen the joint attacks of OBJ and the APC team; from the Tambuwal as speaker to questioning the president's honesty and leadership, echoed by Sanusi at the CBN, El-Rufai as a CBN contractor, and then OBJ joining the chorus.

3. The GEJ doesn't seem to understand the dangers of these obviously false, but damaging allegations. He waits for a minister of communication interested in chasing his own career as a Nasarawa governor to respond to no avail.

4. Today, OBJ accuses GEJ of squandering oil money, knowing fully well that nobody caused the oil prices to fall. Remember Fashola saying that GEJ is wasting 400,000 barrels of oil a day? Those are messages with zero truth, but designed to confuse the uninformed into thinking that somehow GEJ caused the fall in Nigeria's oil. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is not such a politician to reply to such political sound bites, and she can't. Evidently, GEJ makes no response as we speak.

5. GEJ team has yielded the blame territory on security to APC, now it's on the defense, almost accepting blame for Boko Haram

6. Don't forget Mbaka and company, a frenzied priest who was frustrated, because the first lady couldn't return his phone calls. All of a sudden, he is receiving demonic, sorry spiritual messages about Nigeria's political condition. Yet the GEJ has nobody to respond to the crazy priest and his short term admonitions.

7. The GEJ publicity team needs a make over, because while they are busy delivering messages with bicycles, the APC team delivers its own messages with supersonic jets!

8. The GEJ is over relying on the power of incumbency to the detriment of real grass root campaign efforts, and very clearly articulated political messages. There's no forceful organizer of his message out there!

9. The president doesn't come across as one of us Nigerians, his laid back attitude and taciturn disposition unfortunately colors him as aloof, and uninterested in the affairs of many Nigerians. Compared to Buhari who had a makeover since last month. Instead of almajiri clothing, Buhari appears in a suit, Igbo, Yoruba, and even Ijaw traditional attires. He spreads pictures making him look a bit more presidential, why can't GEJ photographers do a better job?

10. Why do they always show pictures of the president looking confused, uncertain, and even depressed. Psychologically, these facial appearances don't inspire confidence in people looking up to a leader.

11. What can we do?
First, the presidents campaign team should be filled with people who are talented, have fun doing their jobs, and re-located to Otuoke or Yenagoa. The president's re-election campaign head quarters should be re-located to Baylesa and away from Abuja, just like Obama's team was located in Chicago. It will simply help the president separate those looking for their daily meals in Abuja from those who really has an idea of how to make him win.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Are you not a proud Buhari supporter, why should you deny your master his glory by claiming to be pro-Gej. Mumu dey smell
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by jaybee3(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2015
DukeNija:

Not necessarily, campaign has not officially commenced. Besides, somethings are better left unattended to.
Election is barely 6 weeks away and he is comfortable leaving things unattended?
It's either he has already signed and sealed the results or he is even more clueless than claimed
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by Bayswater: 11:10am On Jan 06, 2015
FastShipping:

PDP is officially the opposition party in Nigeria. That is the fact at this juncture.

You think? February 14 is around the corner. I hope you lot won't scream blue murder when Buhari gets thrashed by a margin we did not anticipate.

I have learned real politicking from the little time I've spent on the campaign trail.

The APC has membership, PDP has voters. You may not understand this but it will become clearer after February 21.
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by Fhemmmy: 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
ruffp:

You have said it all.... I really weep for my nation.
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by naijaking1: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
Can't someone be an international fellow of an organization by just being a part time consultant?
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by laimo(m): 3:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
FastShipping:
I am not GEJ supporter but I agree with most of what you listed except the last part. The problems of GEJ's campaign are not limited to what you have listed and disagree with you on the last part where you advised he moved his campaign team to Yenegoa. Communication apparatus, accommodation, comfort and security are available in Abuja unlike Yenegoa. They can get their messages out of Abuja faster than Yenegoa. How do you expect someone like Abati, FFK, Okupe, and other campaign team operatives to function in a land that is foreign to them? Don't forget, GEJ said on national tv recently that "commercial kdnappings" are going on in that part of the country.

Here are some reasons why GEJ campaign is in disarray:

1. Over reliance on old discredited bumper sticker accusation against Buhari which people are not buying into anymore. For example, Islamization of Nigeria, Boko Haram sponsor tag, Sharia general tag are not sticking. In fact, the general has been buoyed by those tags in recent months. People have done research on their own and found out the general did non of what he has been accused of.

2. Yemi Osinbajo Factor. Choosing the Pastor/Professor of Law was a masterstroke. It took out gas out of GEJ's campaign. GEJ's campaign operatives e.g FFK, Okupe and co were hoping for Fashola. Instead, Buhari chose Osinbajo and that ran gas out of their tank in GEJ's camp. GEJ's camp led by FFK didn't see that coming. They had prepared and positioned their war machineries against Muslim/Muslim ticket. grin grin grin grin

3. Amaechi Factor. They were busy mocking Amaechi grin. Instead of getting out message against Osinbajo after he was chosen by Buhari, GEJ team spent the next two weeks attacking Amaechi for losing out V.P slot. Was Amechi ever in the running? They got on TV accusing Amaechi of spending 33 Billion naira, 17 Billion Naira and 20 Billion Naira. GEJ had three of his associates on TV talking about three different numbers of what Amaechi spent on Buhari campaign and people didn't buy any of it. Only a foo.l would have believed Amaechi spent that on Buhari's campaign.

4. Co-Ordinated Attack by APC. This was another masterstroke by APC in the last two weeks. There have been relentless attack from APC team against GEJ in the last two weeks. Let it be either from Obasanjo, Fashola, Lai Mohmmed, Oshiomohle, Aregbe and co. These people were talking about depletion of Foreign Reserve, oil theft, Federation Account, etc. GEJ was there when some rogues were donating billions of Naira to his campaign. The national dailies, TV, radio were in full broadcast mode when this happened. This very event did not help GEJ. It hurts GEJ in the short and long term. At the time Okonja Iweala was preparing the nation for austerity, GEJ was participating in an event where billionaires were donating billions to him while the country was watching. GEJ was hammered by all for this show of carelessness and rob it in your face attitude. In fact, some PDP politicians grumbled quietly about this.

5. Lack of Transparency during PDP Primaries. The entire country saw how PDP primaries and APC primaries went. Nigerians were surprised with the way APC conducted their primaries across the nation. Most especially the presidential primary was excellent. On the other hand, PDP primaries were marred by fraud, imposition and decampment. As a matter of fact, there are states where PDP still have no candidate on the ballot as at today.

6. Naira Decline and Late/Non Payment of Salaries. The Naira free fall and non payment of salaries in many ministries, and parastatals are hitting people hard. My blood brother got appointment letter in August and resumed in September but he has not been paid a penny. My brother is not alone. Many parents couldn't celebrate Christmas as they wished because they were not paid the last two to three months salaries and areas before December 31st.

7. Negative News around GEJ. There is no day that goes by in the last month without negative news about GEJ, PEJ, PDP, GEJ associates or aides. Ask yourself how many positive news has come GEJ's way in the last two months.

8. The visit to IBB was a bad move. Many Yorubas detest IBB for what he did in 1993. It was on TV for about a week that GEJ went to Minna to visit IBB with GEJ appearing on TV talking about visiting his father and how much he had missed his father. His behavior was unpresidential. While at it, GEJ was behaving like a drunk man. Saying on national TV on December 28 that "tomorrow is New Year". That was a characteristic of a clueless man being displayed on national television.

9. Lack of Political Gurus. GEJ does not have political operatives who know their onions. Why would a president go on TV and say to the nation that he's been given wrong advice by people around him. Then followed by GEJ saying he was finally coming up with his own anti corruption plan. Really? grin

Political season is when people pay more attention to what is going on around them. The whole country was watching while GEJ was killing himself with kindergarten mistakes. Many people would have looked and shook their head that the man has no ideas of his. Who are his advisers? Who writes and vets his speeches? It seems he has political kindergarteners around him.

Don't let anyone deceive you. GEJ is truly a worried man today. He is more worried today than he was six months ago. He is not sure of what is going on. Those pictures of worried man you see are true pictures of the state of things with GEJ.

All Nigerians should read this.Profound brain in Nigeria.

Vote for FastShipping;he'll have been better than Jonathan.
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by LRNZH(m): 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
laimo:
All Nigerians should read this.Profound brain in Nigeria.

Vote for FastShipping;he'll have been better than Jonathan.

Is that a sincere statement or grand sarcasm?
GEJ is an extremely low hanging fruit when comparing brains.
grin
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by Adminisher: 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
The PDP campaign team went in too early with propaganda about infrastructural development that is now stale.
Jonathan is his own worst enemy and I am sure he cannot campaign himself out of a brown paper bag. It is almost certain that by a ratio of 1:2 almost all that he says and the way he says them will draw a lot of flack from people and the press. I personally am yet to see a politician less lacking in good mass communication skills and a feel for masses of people. My sympathy still goes to his campaign team sha....I say good luck as they are going to need it.
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by rozayx5(m): 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
FastShipping:

Below is answer to the boldedgrin

never knew school certificates then were made of plagues undecided
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by naijaking1: 2:04am On Jan 16, 2015
Anybody saw the AFP write up on GEJ that appeared in Yahoo. It had Buhari pictures instead of Gej. CNN just confirmed what I said earlier, the international press has been bought by Tinubu and co.
Now they're doing Obama style community organization. Wake up GEJ crew.
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by aljharem(m): 3:07am On Jan 16, 2015
Dare to be a Nigerian

If you support PDP, you are paid to do so and apparently a thief;

But if you support APC, you are a patriot who is fighting for Nigeria.

If an APC governor award a km of road for N1.2billion, he is prudent and God sent;

If a PDP governor award same km of road for N500million, he is a thief.

If Fani Kayode joins PDP, he is bastard;

If Atiku joins APC, he is a democrat.

If Jonathan spends N7billion for his office par year, he is a criminal;

If Fashola spend same amount in a year, he is a saint.

If Akpabio approves N200Million as pension, he must be stoned;

If Fashola approved N300million for Tinubu he is a change agent.

If you cancelled toll gate as PDP government, you are an enemy of progress;

But if you build a road in Lagos, with tax payers money and toll the road, you are genius.

If you increase school feed as PDP government, you must be crucified;

If you do same as APC government, there must be a reason, cuz Education is not cheap anywhere in the world.

If you share Okada to the poor as PDP, you are poor peoples enemy;

If you ban Okada after election as an APC government, you are only helping the poor to stay alive, so you mean well.

If you single handedly make your daughter a market woman leader in APC state, it is for the progress of the people;

But if your wife is made a permanent secretary in your state by your state government of PDP, you are a greedy fellow.

If you spend N16billion on electricity without power and then support APC, you a navigator;

If you raise N500million through unbundling of same power, you are clueless.

If you fail to pay your workers for a month, but in APC, it is not your fault but someone up there;

But if you failed to pay your worker for a month and still in PDP, you are wicked human being.

If you force your family, in-law and girlfriends as senators and lawmakers on the rest of the party members, you a progressive leader;

But if you act like you don't care in PDP, you are dullard

If you tried to get a third term fraudulently by bribing the legislatures but failed, then support APC, you are democrat and the father of the nation;

If you try to get a constitutional second term in PDP, without their blessings, you an ingrate and silly.

In their time we had Halliburton scandal, ID card scandal, Siemens scandal, we have subsidy scam scandal, we have national stadium contract scandal, we have health budget financial scam, aviation sector scam, we had power sector scandal. How many people did he jail to prove he fought corruption? Rather EFCC was his big stick against his perceived enemies.

In their time we had a sitting governor kidnapped by a thug working for the president. We had a whole region of the country rigged in favor of his party. Morris Ibekwe, a wanted international fraud star won election under PDP.

Those who stole Nigerians blind under PDP; Atiku, Obasanjo, Baraje, Saraki, Wammako, Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Oyinlola, Segun Oni, Okorocha, Ngige, Adeleke, El Rufai, etc, are today the same people financing APC and calling for "CHANGE".

Flashback to 1999, who were these people? Billionaires ? They where nobody. Today, they spend billions and no one dare to ask a question. If you do you are enemy of progress.

They started with "New PDP" when that didn't fly, they joined a cult group called ACN to become APC. Same character with different name.

Sometimes it is better not to be a Nigerian than to be a confused and ignorant one.
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by softwareman(m): 3:21am On Jan 16, 2015
naijaking1:
I support the re-election of the president, but so far he and his team have only reacted to news, and not made any news themselves. A look at national news headlines over the past 2 weeks will show how:

5. GEJ team has yielded the blame territory on security to APC, now it's on the defense, almost accepting blame for Boko Haram

11. What can we do?
You are missing a fundamental point.

JONATHAN RUNS EVERYTHING EVERYTHING THE SAME WAY.
HE RUNS THE COUNTRY, HIS FAMILY, HIS GOVERNMENT, HIS PARTY, HIS CAMPAIGN THE SAME BAD WAY.
IT IS A FACT OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT THAT A CLUELESS, INCOMPETENT, INEPT, slowpoke LEADER OR MANAGER CAN NEVER RUN ANYTHIMG WELL.
YOU CANNOT MAKE BRICK WITHOUT MORTAL. INDEED YOU CANNOT MAKE ANYTHING WITHOUT THE ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS.
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by naijaking1: 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
softwareman:

HE RUNS THE COUNTRY, HIS FAMILY, HIS GOVERNMENT, HIS PARTY, HIS CAMPAIGN THE SAME BAD WAY.
IT IS A FACT OF LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT THAT A CLUELESS, INCOMPETENT, INEPT, slowpoke LEADER OR MANAGER CAN NEVER RUN ANYTHIMG WELL.
YOU CANNOT MAKE BRICK WITHOUT MORTAL. INDEED YOU CANNOT MAKE ANYTHING WITHOUT THE ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS.

With all dues respect, your commentary leaves very much to be desired.
From childish name-calling and disrespect for the president and his office, to wild allegations against his family, to incoherent statements about national policy, you have shown yourself to be a part of the problem in Nigeria not the answer.
Nigeria can't go backward by electing Buhari of all the dictators who had previously messed our dear country up. Who would be next after we elect Buhari? Abacha--even if he is dead? IBB, or Abdulsalam
Say no to bad things!
Re: So Far, GEJ Running A Poor Campaign! by Fhemmmy: 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
softwareman:

I am not sure he is running his home in a bad way at all, else, his kids wouldn`t have turned out well . . . Also, he is not a bad person, only surrounded with bad people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xenophobia : See What Shameless South Africans Are Doing (photos ) / Nigeria Is Doomed!!! Nigeria Is Finished!!! All Because Of Edodecide / 6 Reasons Why I Believe Nnamdi Kanu Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.