Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,384 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks (16573 Views)

Ohanaeze To Visit Buhari With Charter Of Demands - Vanguard Newspaper / BayelsaDecides: INEC About To Announce The Official Result / Complete The 2nd Niger Bridge & Enugu Airport- Ohanaeze To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by MayorofLagos(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2015
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=98987
From CHIDI NNADI, Enugu

The apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, yesterday said it will in the next two weeks disclose the presidential candidate the Igbo will support in the February 14 election.

Secretary General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Dr. Joe Nworgu, who stated this in a chat with newsmen in Enugu, said the organisation was still consulting on the presidential candidate to support.

He said it was, therefore, erroneous for anybody to say that Igbo leaders rejected Ohanaeze’s move to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan.

“This is a malicious and mischievous reportage of what occurred at the Imeobi. No such event took place because the question of endorsement was not on our table. What we said as the agenda showed was ‘Ndigbo, Otu  Olu’ (unity). The drive was for unity so that when we strike out, we strike out with one voice, that was the essence of that meeting. The meeting was not set out to endorse Jonathan,” he said.

On when Ohanaeze would pronounce its preferred presidential candidate, Nworgu said: “We are about concluding with consultations. We will soon meet with the traditional council of Ndieze. When we consult with the traditional council of Ndieze, we will make a statement on behalf of Ndigbo.

“We already know the trend and probably in the next two weeks, Nigerians will know where Ndigbo stand on presidency. They are saying we should not take a stand that Ohanaeze is non-partisan, but I will say that Ohanaeze is non-partisan if the Igbo on their own are involved; once it is within a federation like Nigeria with so many ethnic groups (inter-ethnic), we will then take position on behalf of our people. At state levels, governorship, National Assembly, local governments, we will not support any party, but we will take a stand on the presidency because it affects us.”

He, therefore, said Ohanaeze was surprised and shocked to hear that Igbo leaders rejected its move to endorse Jonathan.

“The report stated that there was a motion moved by Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu during the last Imeobi held at the secretariat onJanuary 3 (Saturday), claiming that Chief Iwuanyanwu moved a motion for the endorsement of Jonathan and it had no seconder. These are people who were not even at the meeting.

“Iwuanyanwu did not move any motion even though he was in the meeting. Iwuanyanwu’s only contribution was that he was part of the four-year tenure movement and that it was effectively amended through the processes established by the current Ohanaeze constitution.

A video clip was shown of the three Imeobi’s and the General Assembly where they effected the change according to Article 29 of the Ohanaeze Constitution,” he said.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by size38: 7:26am On Jan 06, 2015
Hahahahahahahaahaha. This is laughable. They shouldn't waste their time pls because we all know where their loyalty lies. GEJ is their candidate. GEJ's govt has given the Igbos all they have been asking for in Nigeria since independence till date.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by ShowYourCertificate: 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2015
It's all part of the game plan. They just want to assert their relevance before Jonathan. They will endorse him when the time comes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by BasseyJ(m): 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
NairalandOP:
It's all part of the game plan. They just want to assert their relevance before Jonathan. They will endorse him when the time comes
FACT. Their support is with GEJ the main man.
#GEJ till 2019

14 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by listenersky: 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
We know them,they will never have one voice,that is why it has been difficult for them to produce a president from their region.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Adesam09(m): 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
OK... waiting
Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by MizMyColi(f): 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
Who else if not GEJ?

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Sezua(m): 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
Every tom, dick and Harry in this country would be forming "we have a candidate" rubbish

8 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by onwai1(m): 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
One mind says I should comment,
The other say No I should not.
*just confused*

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Demdem(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Who else but Ebele Azikwe Jonathan. undecided
The cursed one.
It won't stop the booting out of the fool from aso rock anyway.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hmm...This is why Nigerians will never be civilised.
I thought that voting has to be individual preference.
Why is it done like;
Igbo support GEJ
Yoruba and Hausa support GMB etc

Only God knows when we will start thinking logically.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by desmondDessi(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
ok
Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by 100Cents: 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
JON@THAN..!

yepa..

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by greall1: 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Let give GMB 4yrs Trail.

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Sezua(m): 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
size38:
Hahahahahahahaahaha. This is laughable. They shouldn't waste their time pls because we all know where their loyalty lies. GEJ is their candidate. GEJ's govt has given the Igbos all they have been asking for in Nigeria since independence till date.
wow! clap 4 yourself
Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
I already knew what you will announce but your announcement holds no water. All I want is corruption and our army mockery to be stopped, however is achieved I don't care but 5yrs is too much for one who said 4yrs is enough for him to sterbilzed power. Don't collect money from anyone o.

7 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Afenifere, Arewa

What say you?
Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Adesam09(m): 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Demdem:
Who else but Ebele Azikwe Jonathan. undecided
The cursed one.
It won't stop the booting out of the fool from aso rock anyway.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Okay, continue
Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Stancollins(m): 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
onwai1:
*just confused*
lol

1 Like

Who is ohanaeze and what benefit have they brought to me? I'm igbo and old enough to make decisions myself. Ohanaeze doesn't speak for me.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by hazyfm: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
who cares

BUSY WAITING FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER
ALL THESE CORRUPT GROUPS IN NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by fpeter(f): 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
we are waiting to hear
Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Adesam09(m): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
onwai1:
*just confused*
Na two minds u get?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by ogaJona(m): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
goodluck is definitely who our socio political group will endorse. who is Buhari. abeg goodluck all the way.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by nosagold(m): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
A nairalander Features Buhari on his new track...
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f8b4e2b2
Download and share

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
we, the omoluabis have already adopted GMB. Anyone the yorubas adopt always win. don't make the Mistake of adopting Gej. If u do, oyo is ur case.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by 1NENIGERIABLOG: 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2015

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by sexaddict08(m): 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
ok.........continues my browsing
Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by holicalpha(m): 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
una dey talk....fear go catch una wen dey support apc-GMB

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks by backtosender: 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
hahahahah see them loser of APC children of anger ohaneze group are independent group they will make their choice known to the rest of nigeria when they are ready after all politics is about benefit their is no permanent friend in politics

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos-Badagry Expressway To Be Completed By End Of 2021 / Austin Ejili Dies In Auto Crash (PDP Campaign Manager) / Senate Suspends Amendment Of CCB Act (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.