Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Effective Communication Strategy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Effective Communication Strategy (902 Views)

US Govt To Train 16 EFCC Staff On Effective Communication / Nigeria's Communication Minister Is Dead? / The Minister Of Communication Adebayo Shittu And His Wife Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effective Communication Strategy by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2015
Drop you comments here ... If you have any...

1 Like

Re: Effective Communication Strategy by jaybee3(m): 9:59am On Jan 06, 2015
What proportion of the electorate is media savvy and how do you intend to fine tune and in turn focus your re-engineered communication strategy to them?

Elections in Nigeria has always been won by those with the best rigging strategy and that's probably what they going to focus on.

There are obvious smoke screens all over the place but the common man shall and will only be concerned by issues that affect their stomach as far as Nigeria is concerned
Re: Effective Communication Strategy by Matthewbriggs(m): 10:06am On Jan 06, 2015
@Jaybee.

A lot .. The average Nigerian consumes media... they listen to gossip from each other... they listen to the radio, watch TV, read newspapers, and some proportion have access to the internet where they consume online content. Media is not restricted to the world wide web.

Yes rigging strategy is core strategy most politicians use... it is a strategy i do not support. But that strategy can only take place where the majority of the people are on the same page with you for example Buhari can easily rig in kano, but can't do so in Bayelsa.

An effective communication strategy is the bedrock of any campaign every other things follows...

When building a communication strategy you need to factor in the platforms on mediums where you target audience can easily be reached and disperse your message accordingly via that medium.

1 Like

Re: Effective Communication Strategy by jaybee3(m): 10:15am On Jan 06, 2015
Oga Matthew, i'm sure you know communication will only be effective if the audience actively listens, absorbs the point being out across and in turn understands them perfectly.

Communication is also by body language and not necessarily just the message you have to deliver

How do you suppose GEJ can convince me that he isn't corrupt if that's the single most important issue for me as far as this election is concerned?
Re: Effective Communication Strategy by Matthewbriggs(m): 11:00am On Jan 06, 2015
jaybee3:
Oga Matthew, i'm sure you know communication will only be effective if the audience actively listens, absorbs the point being out across and in turn understands them perfectly.

Communication is also by body language and not necessarily just the message you have to deliver

How do you suppose GEJ can convince me that he isn't corrupt if that's the single most important issue for me as far as this election is concerned?

Publicly accept the fact that corruption is a serious challenge facing his government and that he is committed to ridding Nigeria of this venom. Then he now goes on to Inform Nigerians about what he has been doing to checkmate it so far ... things like, Strengthen institutions and restructuring of certain systems etc. From there he can then Showcase how his strategy have worked so far, showcase figures that he has saved from been lost using his strategy.

He then proceeds to talk about the key corruption allegations that has trailed his government as he tries to set the record straight. He then let you know that he hopes to do better in the future. From there he can then proceeds to Inform you about his firm stance on corruption and his plans going forward. Like informing you that he has set some underground plans to tackle ghost workers, block leakages in the government from NNPC to Ministry of finance and prosecute anyone found wanting be it his brother or members of your cabinet Caught in the act.

His body language when communicating and his after actions should showcase his resolve and determination to deal with it.

GEJ has good intentions where he fails is in his ability to communicate these intentions.

1 Like

Re: Effective Communication Strategy by anonimi: 11:15am On Jan 06, 2015
Thanks OP for sharing. I believe, as you do, that Jonathan is much better than the daft alternative being packaged for us. I also appreciate the communication challenges you have highlighted and hope his campaign team will re-tool as necessary. However Jonathan himself is not a good orator hence they need to limit his personal interventions to highly scripted events while others feed the media with success stories of his administration, of which there are many in contrast to the best from the opposition.

On corruption, it is on record that Obasanjo chose him in 2007 because he was NOT corrupt. El-Rufai confirmed as much in WikiLeaks. He needs to CALIBRATE his message properly to reflect the internationally acknowledged gains in the SYSTEMATIC fight against the scourge and refer to cases in court or already dealt with by INDEPENDENT judiciary. This is much more effective in the LONG-RUN than the media-friendly, hyped Ad-Hoc measures we are used to but that have not taken us anywhere.

Overall in this election, those of us who know should share with as many as possible that Jonathan is comparative much better than Buhari while not losing focus on other elective offices

- Governor
- Senator
- Representative
- SHA Lawmaker.

It shall be well with our country.

1 Like

Re: Effective Communication Strategy by jaybee3(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2015
Exactly the steps he needs to take which he obviously hasn't managed in the past 6 years

He needed to accept that corruption is our number one achilles heels but he didn't
He needed to provide evidence of him fighting corruption.
Heck he needs to rid himself of the corruption laden associates he surrounds himself with

Everyone seems to be a friend of GEJ so long as they are on board with his agenda and that frankly worries me

BTW Good intentions doesn't necessarily transforms into good governance
Re: Effective Communication Strategy by anonimi: 11:50am On Jan 06, 2015
jaybee3:

Heck he needs to rid himself of the corruption laden associates he surrounds himself with

The reality is that many of these people are opinion leaders in their own areas of our country and can deliver needed votes for him to continue the SYSTEMATIC fight against corruption in sync with the INDEPENDENT judiciary and legislature.
Moreover the worst culprits of corruption in PDP have found their way to the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC. People like Atiku, Amaechi, Nyako, Gemade, Akume, Sylva without forgetting the master crook, Tinubu.
Re: Effective Communication Strategy by jaybee3(m): 11:57am On Jan 06, 2015
anonimi:

The reality is that many of these people are opinion leaders in their own areas of our country and can deliver needed votes for him to continue the SYSTEMATIC fight against corruption in sync with the INDEPENDENT judiciary and legislature.
Moreover the worst culprits of corruption in PDP have found their way to the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC. People like Atiku, Amaechi, Nyako, Gemade, Akume, Sylva without forgetting the master crook, Tinubu.

To continue what systematic fight Sir?

What exactly has been GEJ's signature record on eradication of cancer called corruption in the past 6 years?
Re: Effective Communication Strategy by anonimi: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
jaybee3:

To continue what systematic fight Sir?

What exactly has been GEJ's signature record on eradication of cancer called corruption in the past 6 years?

- Fertiliser scam cabal erased.
- Fuel subsidy scammers being prosecuted by EFCC through delays with INDEPENDENT judiciary, yet N5 billion recovered.
- Ghost workers in federal civil service eliminated with new pay SYSTEM
- Fuel subsidy REMOVAL that will also erase scammers in that sector proposed & agreed with 36 state governors who reneged to side with opposition seeking to score political points at the expense of economic rational.

Most glaring is the improvement in infrastructures, which previous administrations BUDGETED for annually but never delivered.
Re: Effective Communication Strategy by Matthewbriggs(m): 12:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
jaybee3:
Exactly the steps he needs to take which he obviously hasn't managed in the past 6 years

He needed to accept that corruption is our number one achilles heels but he didn't
He needed to provide evidence of him fighting corruption.

Everyone seems to be a friend of GEJ so long as they are on board with his agenda and that frankly worries me

BTW Good intentions doesn't necessarily transforms into good governance

@ Jaybee GEJ has accepted that it's our number one Achilles heel. The challenge is that he is not communicating his acceptance, that is were effective communication comes to play.

As per the evidence we are still saying the same thing communication. He needs to communicate. I once worked on project that details how GEJ was able to cut down the corruption that trailed the government fertilization distribution system 'Where middle men crooks withhold the fertilizer the government have freely given to farmers and even ask the farmers to pay for it.

The min of agric under GEJ, broke down this nefarious act by designing a system where by the fertilizers reach the farmers directly without middle men interference saving the government billions of naira. There are many success stories of this nature which you do not hear all you hear is an un verifiable claim that 20B is missing etc.

The strategy of this government towards corruption has always been prevention not prosecution ... while the public like prosecution, they want to see one rich man hanged and humiliated . GEJ have not been able to give the public the blood they want to see. Hence everyone thinks he is not fighting corruption.

Irrespective of this they have even failed to communicate their prevention strategy in detail.

Secondly ... Jaybee do you know one of the most important reason why I do not support buhari. The reason is because he has surrounded him self with even more corrupt associates from Tinubu who under his watch Lagos was rift with crime to Atiku and now OBJ to the bad eggs that jumped from PDP. So surrounding your self with corrupt people is not even the subject of discussion. Both candidates have loads of corrupt people.

My challenge is that corruption would be much worse under Buhari, this is my reason due to his cult following he enjoys even when he does something wrong people would not see it, they see him as a god who can do no wrong ... no thanks to APCs propaganda mechanism ... Buhari would exactly what Putin is to Russia we would be suffering and smiling. Secondly he has been selected by a group of corrupt people who are the real reason Nigeria is where it is today, and now they want him to go and represent them.

Buhari may have all the body language that suggest he would fight corruption infact he may be enjoying his past anti corruption stance but the fact is Buhari of 1985 is not the buhari of today. He is no longer in the milatary where his word is final ... democracy is not his terrain coupled with the fact that he is now a puppet after forming alliances with people with shoddy pasts.

I am very wary of a man people tell me he is a saint while all his friends are thieves.

1 Like

Re: Effective Communication Strategy by jaybee3(m): 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
anonimi:

anonimi:

- Fertiliser scam cabal erased.
What exactly is the deterant if we assume he closed the existing loop hole used in siphoning funds but pardoned the players

anonimi:

- Fuel subsidy scammers being prosecuted by EFCC through delays with INDEPENDENT judiciary, yet N5 billion recovered.

So they basically recovered 5 billion out of exactly how much? The players are still walking free enjoying their loot

anonimi:

- Ghost workers in federal civil service eliminated with new pay SYSTEM

Did this single act dramatically reduce the pay budget of the civil service or it’s just another abradacabra achievement on paper?

anonimi:

- Fuel subsidy REMOVAL that will also erase scammers in that sector proposed & agreed with 36 state governors who reneged to side with opposition seeking to score political points at the expense of economic rational.
What exactly are the signature projects delivered by the SURE P initiatives?

anonimi:

Most glaring is the improvement in infrastructures, which previous administrations BUDGETED for annually but never delivered.
We are still on corruption Sir. If he was fighting corruption then he should have basically prosecuted those who received the mobilisied funds and failed to deliver right?
Re: Effective Communication Strategy by jaybee3(m): 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
@Matthew
Prevention without prosecution is pretty useless IMO. They have to go alongside each other to be effective.
Nigerians are smart and it will only be a matter of time before they come up with new ways to circumvent whatever prevention techniques established by the president.

I do agree that all politicans are the same as far as Nigeria is concerned but it’s very dangerous for electorates to give a seal of approval by re-electing a president that hasn’t necesarilly proven himself worthy of fighting corruption.

People need to stop being short sighted and think long term.
Re: Effective Communication Strategy by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
jaybee3:

@Matthew
Prevention without prosecution is pretty useless IMO. They have to go alongside each other to be effective.
Nigerians are smart and it will only be a matter of time before they come up with new ways to circumvent whatever prevention techniques established by the president.

I do agree that all politicans are the same as far as Nigeria is concerned but it’s very dangerous for electorates to give a seal of approval by re-electing a president that hasn’t necesarilly proven himself worthy of fighting corruption.

People need to stop being short sighted and think long term.

Prevention without prosecution is not useless. It is just less effective. I never state he does not prosecute. I mainly stated the core theme of his corruption strategy is prevention that does not mean a couple of people have never been prosecuted.

Good thing you agree all politicians are the same.

Jaybee would you vote for a man who they say his corrupt to a man who tells you he is a saint while his friends are corrupt.

Jaybee like you said we need to think long term ... or more like we need to learn to see beyond the propaganda our leaders spew. Lagos state a state that I personally say has the best governor so far is ripe with corruption, nepotisim and stealing... all these are happening all under the nose of fashola. But you do not get to hear about it, because of the efficient propaganda machinery APC has put in place. Learn to see beyond what you read on line. These media outlet are owned by these same greedy corrupt politicians.

Under buhari you would have the illusion of the fight against corruption, Buhari would give Nigerians the drama they want using political enemies as scape goat, while under your nose dangerous deals will be made and high level corruption will still take place undercover. Why do I say this the same set of people who took Nigeria to where it is today are the same people behind his election bid.

Like I asked earlier ... who would you vote for?
A man who they say he is corrupt with no solid proof to a man who tells you he is a saint while his friends are crooks.

1 Like

Re: Effective Communication Strategy by jaybee3(m): 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
Matthew wan use english dabaru my head

Oya let me try and rephrase your question

Who would i vote for if i had to choose between:
GEJ - The perception is that he is very corrupt but no proof as you've claimed. His friends are corruption personified
Buhari - The perception is that he is a saint but his friends are also very corrupt

I will gladly take buhari but i'm not comfortable with the fact that he gave Abacha a clean bill of health.

Worst case scenario i give the voting exercise a pass

I just can't validate GEJ's presidency by sending him back to Aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Effective Communication Strategy by Arinze96(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
"Show me your friend(s) and I'll tell you the kinda person you are" Thank you Mr. Matthew

2 Likes

Re: Effective Communication Strategy by anonimi: 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
Matthewbriggs:

Jaybee like you said we need to think long term ... or more like we need to learn to see beyond the propaganda our leaders spew. Lagos state a state that I personally say has the best governor so far is ripe with corruption, nepotisim and stealing... all these are happening all under the nose of fashola. But you do not get to hear about it, because of the efficient propaganda machinery APC has put in place. Learn to see beyond what you read on line. These media outlet are owned by these same greedy corrupt politicians.

Under buhari you would have the illusion of the fight against corruption, Buhari would give Nigerians the drama they want using political enemies as scape goat, while under your nose dangerous deals will be made and high level corruption will still take place undercover. Why do I say this the same set of people who took Nigeria to where it is today are the same people behind his election bid.

It is so sad that many cannot see and THINK beyond the onslaught of propaganda by the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC.

Lagos state increased IGR from N7.2 billion in 1999 to N246 billion in 2013, which is an improvement of over 34 times. Has anyone seen improvements in infrastructure, utilities & services up to 34 times

Meanwhile Jonathan was also judged clean by Obasanjo and confirmed by El-Rufai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Effective Communication Strategy by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
jaybee3:

GEJ - The perception is that he is very corrupt but no proof as you've claimed. His friends are corruption personified
Buhari - The perception is that he is a saint but his friends are also very corrupt

I will gladly take buhari but i'm not comfortable with the fact that he gave Abacha a clean bill of health.

You would gladly take a man who according to him Abacha is not corrupt. Do you know what this means.

You are telling me that a man who can not differentiate or tell when someone is corrupt is the same person, who would be able to fight corruption.

He is even worse that GEJ who said stealing is not corruption.

When you dig deeper beyond all this propaganda BS. You would discover that Buhari's brand of change is just a fallacy.

1 Like

Re: Effective Communication Strategy by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
jaybee3:

You need to get out of my head! cheesy
Only difference is that I am politically clueless

Hint: I do not know how to........

(1) (Reply)

PDP campaign / Jonathan Created Frontline Bokooharam To Depopulate APC Stronghold In The Northe / Cameroonian Troops Kill 143 Boko Haram Fighters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.