Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City (37780 Views)

Nigeria First Smartphone Assembling Plant Lauched / Join The First Digital Platform For Agriculture Available For All Smartphones / Nigeria’s First Ride Sharing Platform, ‘jekalo’ Launched In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by davione: 9:42am On Jan 07, 2015
so we now have a digital city, that's beautiful. But also remember we have a satellite we shut into space as nation. Millions and billions spent yet the benefits completely illusional. May be we shld start with the basics like 24hrs electricity, good ICT training in schools at all levels. How can a person benefit fully and make use maximally of something he knows nothing or so little about.

4 Likes

Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by charlycharles(m): 9:43am On Jan 07, 2015
Aldrickay:
Chai!!! Jonathan do divide Nigeria eeeeh.

Niger delta republic will be the best in dis present day Nigeria.

All our states(Edo,bayelsa,rivers,akwa ibom,cross rivers and part of delta state i.e xcluding the anioma igbos) are doing very well. ystday Akwa ibom, today Cross rivers, to Rivers state.

Min while Jona till 2019.
mr tribalist n separatist u think u can compete with d united states of Biafra (USB)..
Well, i wish it happens bt mind u portHarcourt is nt part of ur dream republic. GOD bless d state n land of Biafra. in Chukwu Abiama we trust.
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by Kennywills7(m): 9:53am On Jan 07, 2015
2SWT:
very b_d

Hope Uduaghan can see what other governors are doin?

I hope d next governor will b different so dat we can at least taste democracy once in delta state
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by frainc(m): 9:54am On Jan 07, 2015
Aldrickay:
Chai!!! Jonathan do divide Nigeria eeeeh.

Niger delta republic will be the best in dis present day Nigeria.

All our states(Edo,bayelsa,rivers,akwa ibom,cross rivers and part of delta state i.e xcluding the anioma igbos) are doing very well. ystday Akwa ibom, today Cross rivers, to Rivers state.

Min while Jona till 2019.
just wait till next election when someone from [b]ANIOMA[/b]will rule delta and see hw beautiful d place will be

We are not selfish like the rest tribe that have been ruling the state.
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by 2SWT(f): 9:56am On Jan 07, 2015
Kennywills7:

I hope d next governor will b different so dat we can at least taste democracy once in delta state
I pray so
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by Lawalemi(m): 10:02am On Jan 07, 2015
MTN can lie!!!!

What has stopped them in commercially viable environments like Lagos and Abuja?

Celebrating non functional infrastructure the same way they bamboze of with a non functional 3.5G
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by NoreenUG(f): 10:14am On Jan 07, 2015
RedBenson:

Lol. Havent you seen the son of an elephant who grows up to beat his father?

lol. cross river (an older, more politically historic, and geographically larger state than akwa ibom) dissolving completely to be annexed as "akwa ibom state" wud be the most politically embarrassing story in nigeria's history grin
like losing a whole local government (bakassi) to another country isn't embarrassing enough, u're about to hand ur mansion over to ur tenant, only to retire to the BQ and start paying rent to that former tenant of urs. grin

talk about gobe.
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2015
NoreenUG:

lol. cross river (an older, more politically historic, and geographically larger state than akwa ibom) dissolving completely to be annexed as "akwa ibom state" wud be the most politically embarrassing story in nigeria's history grin
like losing a whole local government (bakassi) to another country isn't embarrassing enough, u're about to hand ur mansion over to ur tenant, only to retire to the BQ and start paying rent to that former tenant of urs. grin

talk about gobe.

Lol. Your comment has murdered them even before the pains come. Well, such history is made to be created once a while. They wont be the first neither the last.
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by hardbody: 10:26am On Jan 07, 2015
If this information were to be about Lagos we will hear all those stuffs on Eko oni baje ooo. Fash is a superstar. Igbo leave Lagos for us etc etc. See states quietly making fundamental difference in the lives of indigenes and non indigenes and indeed the country at large. Akwa Ibom is also taking giant strides. Kudos to the Governors and people of those states.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by judah2000: 10:28am On Jan 07, 2015
jingh:

I know you go come here to advocate for your master, hope he no dey owe

No offense tho, but I just couldn't resist quoting u...

If they had come up with

Sai Buhari or

APC 2015 or

Buhari change...

Would u hv felt better?

1 Like

Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 07, 2015
i hear so many nice things about calabar...Maybe thats where i should go on vacation??
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by Buccinator(m): 12:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ezedon:
They ve set the pace, if people like T A Orji continue in Abia, umuahia will be d last digital city in Nigeria

last digital State: worldwide
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by predentstats: 3:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
I think Enugu did it first in Nigeria in partnership with Zinox Technologies some years back under this present administration.

It covers both some part of Nsukka (UNN) and it environs.

I stand to be corrected.
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by Lordmykel(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
Wait. Them no dig my own street o... And the yellow MTN plaster wey dem the put with pipes for ground Na watin MTN wifi? 4G lite NETWORK.. N

what does it mean to become a digital city??
Does it mean the city will be like IRON MAN's House in Avengers undecided
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by foxgiovani(m): 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
icebeatz:
Honestly, i dont know the implication of this.
Does it mean there will be 24 hour power supply or does it result to free wifi within the state?
I know its a good thing but can someone elucidate
It simply means that anybody residing within the coverage area can enjoy free call and internet facilities Asap. Please can somebody clap for me?
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by fromnigeria(m): 6:41am On Jan 08, 2015
Imoke is working
Re: Calabar Becomes Nigeria’s First Digital City by hollandis(f): 3:25am On Jan 09, 2015
tonychristopher:

First time of seeing a lady talk scientifically...but if I may ask what makes a city digital ..I think they should use internet enabled city instead of digital

Nice post
This is not scientific speaking,this is a matter of fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

++BEST HD GAMES COLLECTIONS ANDRIOD & IOS ,ROOTING AND UPGRADES+ + / VIDEO: Dubai’s Smart Trees Have Wifi And Can Charge Your Phone / How Many Of You Used This Phones.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.