Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By (873 Views)

Nzeogwu, Orkar Are Martyrs, Says Fani-kayode / 12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun / I’m Not Seeking Asylum, Says Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by boles80sg(m): 12:31am On Jan 07, 2015
former Aviation Minister, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, yesterday said the Goodluck Jonathan administration is a “dismal failure”.

In an interview in Lagos, the former minister said he was appalled that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), at its “family dinner” in Abuja, awarded itself a pass mark.

He said the ruling party had lost touch with reality, adding that it was not unexpected of it to award itself a pass mark.

Fani-Kayode said: “I watched the dinner the PDP held and I was appalled by the fact that they gave themselves a pass mark. They were clapping and saying President Jonathan should continue.

“Look, Czar Nicholas of Russia, a night before the Russian Revolution, clapped for himself. This thing happens all the time. Hitler, a night before the Russian knocked on the bunker and he had to kill himself, also clapped for himself. Don’t expect the ruling party, which has lost touch with reality and has become delusioned to score itself in an equitable and fair way. If it is out of 100, they will score themselves 110 over 100.”

The former minister challenged the government to tell Nigerians what it has done to improve on what happened up till May 29, 2007.

He accused the Jonathan administration of allowing every sector to degenerate.

“I challenge them to tell us what they have done to improve on what happened up till 2007. Every single sector has degenerated and the facts and figures are there. We now have 80 per cent graduate unemployment; 70 per cent of Nigerians living below the poverty line. In power generation, we were hitting 4,500 megawatts (MW) per day in 2007. Today, we are lower than that.

“In terms of foreign reserves, in 2007, we had $47 billion. Today, I think we have $45 billion. It has not progressed, despite all the crude oil sales. The Excess Crude Account, in 2007, was $24 billion; today, we have $7 billion. If we talk of foreign debts, a very important thing, in 2007, we had zero per cent foreign debts; today, we are back to $9 billion and still borrowing..

“So, what are they celebrating? Five years later, we have gone backwards; we have not progressed. First of all, look at your foundation. Have you built on it? The answer is no. They have a foundation, a legacy which was a pretty good one.

“Whether you like (former President Olusegun) Obasanjo or not, if you look at his performance, it was excellent. The record speaks for itself. What did they do with it? Did they build on it? No! Everything has degenerated since then. I cannot be impressed with that and so we need a change. Let’s have new people in government,” Fani-Kayode said
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by jingh(f): 12:38am On Jan 07, 2015
he made dat statement before he was bought
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:47am On Jan 07, 2015
^^^same way they bought Ribadu over jst to promise me Governors sit. Am sure Ribadu will return to APC after GEJ is sent back to Otueke
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by obiZEAL(m): 2:02am On Jan 07, 2015
Junkie....its not advisable to take him serious.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 07, 2015
Madam,
I love your energy, I want you on my team.

So please follow me.

jingh:
he made dat statement before he was bought
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by Dahveydson(m): 6:09am On Jan 07, 2015
I stopped Taking FFK serious a long time ago, the man is nothing but more than a demented fool.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by Flye: 6:16am On Jan 07, 2015
We all know that.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by Pavore9: 6:56am On Jan 07, 2015
lt is not as if integrity is a requirement in Nigeria's politics.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by dridowu: 7:23am On Jan 07, 2015
FFK : the man that only cares about his stomach.
FFK: Oko Omoge
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by jingh(f): 7:58am On Jan 07, 2015
GenBuhari:
Madam,
I love your energy, I want you on my team.

So please follow me.

tanx
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 07, 2015
thank you.
jingh:
tanx
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Is A Dismal Failure, Says Fani-kayode June 6, 2013 Written By by Caseless: 8:58am On Jan 07, 2015
I have no comment to make here. My comment on this topic is boldly written as Donphilopus' signature.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buy Stone Coated Rooftiles From Superior Source With High Warranty / We Demand To See Gej's Credentials! / Drama At The PDP Presidential Rally In Bauchi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.