Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? (26138 Views)

Could My Wife Be Cheating? / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Rottymy1: 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2015
I don't think so
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 07, 2015
Why should a woman envy her husband's success? If she thinks success is cheap y isn't she successful then? Some don't think, they've forgotten that with their husband's promotion they will be able to live life to the fullest. They will still be the ones to complain if the guy were broke. Fvck some ladies, they just plain silly
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by josite: 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
of cos if it leds to acquisition of pro-polygamy assets like a one in town sport car when she is already of excess weight .
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Treasjul(m): 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
i think she is just frustrated becos she has not gotten her kind of job n it was just easy for her hubby. but she need to be careful of what she say about her loved one's especially her hubby n who she says it to. this can affect d hubby's love for her. i know with time she will realise it n also amend her ways.
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Treasjul(m): 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2015
Treasjul:
i think she is just frustrated becos she has not gotten her kind of job n it was just easy for her hubby. but she need to be careful of what she say about her loved one's especially her hubby n who she says it to. this can affect d hubby's love for her. i know with time she will realise it n also amend her ways.
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by tonychristopher: 4:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
This is the definition of a witch
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by omoiseselagba: 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mynd44:
It is called comparative assessment. Some people make it sound bad but it is normal for people to think that way and as long as it does not make her spiteful or negative, there is nothing wrong in being bothered that someone around you is moving foward and you ain't or not moving fast enough
you spoke my mind.you sounded well informed.
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by omoiseselagba: 4:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Just because she complained does not mean she is not happy for him. It is just her looking at herself and wondering what she did wrong. Believe me it hurts when you try everything and you don't get results and someone else tries a little and gets the results you want.

You feel inferior and unhappy. I don't blame het cos I get it . Funny thing is that she feels like a failure and not hating the man or his success
wise post.correct
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by omoiseselagba: 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
Funjosh:
Yes.

But such lady need to see TB Joshua lipsrsealed
lolssss
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by DNBTeam: 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
Grace Abound debuts on DNB today. www.danwrites90..com
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by GoodFaith: 4:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
sophy09:
I know a lady whose husband was promoted as a project manager in an oil and gas company in Canada. The guy called us to come and celebrate with him because within two months of landing in Canada he got a job in the company that promoted him within 6 months of working with them. The wife on the other hand has been in Canada for 5 years. She initially came to study for her masters. When she finished her studies, she tried to get her permanent residency through Canadian Experience but she was told she did not have enough experience. She was advised to do menial jobs in order to get her papers, which she did. She got her papers through that avenue. She tried getting a job in her field but she has not gotten any yet only data entry or customer service jobs. She brought the husband to Canada and within 2 months of coming to Canada the guy got a job.
On the day of the celebration, she was complaining bitterly. She compared herself to her husband saying the guy does not even have masters. This surprised me. Can a wife be envious of her husband?
Bad woman
She should thank God that
The God has up lift her family and at the same time I do understand her feelings
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by rman: 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
Reference:

They are not married. There must be some other explanation and my hunch says its one of these arrangee-get-out-of-nigeria schemes.

Voila!

That's a very strong case you made.
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by gabbidonb(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
Makes no sense,some women can be silly at times,fact of life
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by AreaFada2: 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:

no i nor like am angry

Ok maybe Shoprite or a trip to Dubai will do the trick. cheesy
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
They are simply NOT husband and wife IF either becomes jealous when either climbs the ladder of success further.
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
women always being jealous since the creation of Adam and Eve

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
Did I read that she helped the man get his papers?
She probably knows the "trouble" she gave that man when she had the upper hand and now feels uncomfortable knowing that the tables have turned

Instead of her to be happy, knowing that she and her children will enjoy the fruits of her husbands favour. Would she rather the man had to work 3 jobs and age before his time just to sustain them?

This calls for no other emotion than thanksgiving if truly they are one.
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by kccarew(f): 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
What you said about the women, can only be true if and only if he stopes going to church or his atitude changes
eckersley:
YES. YES. YES
But ladies do it in a low key/undercover manner

They will employ all manners of guilt-tripping tactics

Since u got promoted,
1. You no longer care for me the MOTHER of your children

2. You just abandoned your family

3. You no longer pray/go to church, neglecting God, Most High
who gave u the promotion and can TAKE IT AWAY IN THE TWINKLE OF AN EYE

blah blah blah

Let a guy say any of the BS she said, and u'll see them feministas and pseudo-women
rights activists shouting

He's intimidated by her success
He's not a real man
He's jealous
She shd divorce his unsupportive ar.se
Blah blah blah

All these feministas and pseudo-women rights activists ehn, una be PROPER WINCH/KPIANCE
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by NemzySeries(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
If not a daughter of lucifer,y wud she b jealous of ur husband's as if indirectly itz not hers too.....itz high time he stops sleeping in dsame rum wit her b4 she gives him a story to remember in d new year

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mynd44:
It is called comparative assessment. Some people make it sound bad but it is normal for people to think that way and as long as it does not make her spiteful or negative, there is nothing wrong in being bothered that someone around you is moving foward and you ain't or not moving fast enough

lets not give it too much oyinbo name. for anyone to b jealous of her/his husband, sister, brother etc, such is called bad belle. if d woman no get witch, let her go and eat one because winchy is her calling

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mynd44:

And there is always the one who does not understand human emotions making comments that will hurt her more around

run from such persons if u v one around u. they could express their bitterness in an unimaginable manner one day. I v been in such situations so is not wot u describe to people here again. As for me, I just pray more fervently to my God to help me out and not jealous. if u jealous somebody close to u, it tantamount to u wishing dat person's downfall in d first place. u never really wished dat person well
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Afrobasic(m): 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
eckersley:
YES. YES. YES

Since u got promoted,

blah blah blah

Let a guy say any of the BS she said, and u'll see them feministas and pseudo-women

He's not a real man
He's jealous
Blah blah blah

All these feministas and pseudo-women rights activists ehn, una be PROPER WINCH/KPIANCE

Round of applause for this lad! smiley

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by amalex(f): 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
She's not jealous of her husby getting a job while she hasn't.... I think she's jx feeling bad dat she bn trying 4 5yrs bt no job yet... Y would she b jealous wen its her husby dat got d job,unless d guy in Q has a glue hand.she s jx feeling bad dat ahes not lucky like her husby
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Daniel058(m): 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
Reference:

This was the suspicion in my first post. That it is a business thingy in which one party is about to cash in on his shares. I bet the whole Canadian adventure is either the foundation of the relationship or is the dominant theme around the dinner table.
u got it right man. grin
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by soonest(f): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
Na wa for the woman! It's usually men that do this rubbish.
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
Yes, she can.
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by 100Cents: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
eckersley:
YES. YES. YES

Since u got promoted,

blah blah blah

He's not a real man
He's jealous
Blah blah blah

You deserve a doctorate degree...
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by 100Cents: 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
striktlymi:

That shouldn't be done on a day meant to celebrate the husband's success.

The husband's success should be hers aswell. So the 'comparative assessment' she did, in this case is inappropriate.

Worse off to other people's hearing...

1 Like

Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by 100Cents: 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2015
dinachi:
The wife is a feminist! That is how they behave...Their blood pressure goes high anytime it is a man that succeeded and not a woman. They forget that different people have different results..the man should dump her stinking, ungrateful atrociously smelling puccy and come I gat me some good women to recommend. grin grin grin

Lol...
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by AyMiche(m): 6:47am On Jan 08, 2015
She can be envious because she is human. But lingering longer than necessary would be tantamount to foolishness, thereby making her an enemy of success.
Re: Can A Wife Be Envious Of Her Husband's Success? by king1234: 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
I am in Canada and my experience sort of mirrors that of the woman in terms of coming here taking a lesser job before the big one. Unlike the lady I have been lucky and with Gods help hit the big one but I have seen people come and its like the path is made for them to succeed immediately. Trust me when I was in those lesser jobs boys were not smiling

What is hurting her right now is those lesser job she took in the past is making it difficult for people to hire her and so its natural for her to be resentful.

And for the husband he came at a lucky time.i.e oil boom in Canada anyone with oil and gas experience will be hired no matter your previous experience as they need people urgently

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? / What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? / Do You Consider Flogging An Effective Way Of Discipline? What's The Alternative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.