Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope (855 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola / Pdp’ll Resist Plot To Remove Rivers REC’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope by firstafricanews: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
Former Minister of Transport, Ebenezer Babatope, on Tuesday berated former President Olusegun Obasanjo, accusing him of feeding Nigerians with false information aimed at tarnishing the image of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and President Goodluck Jonathan.

Babatope, who spoke to newsmen on the latest statement credited to Obasanjo where he claimed that Jonathan has depleted Nigeria’s foreign reserves, said he would no longer watch while Obasanjo churns out information that may incite Nigerians against the PDP and the president.

He said he believed that the former president was no longer a member of the party, though the national leadership of the PDP has not disowned him as a member.

“I haven’t got detrimental against Obasanjo in terms of speaking. He can say anything he wants to say but it is in the nature of the man to believe that his opinion is the best in the world.

“One has to be careful. You cannot be right all the time. And that is why he provokes controversy all the time. What I know is that henceforth, we will not allow him to make reckless statements that can dampen the interest of our party before the Nigerian people,” Babatope stated.

On whether there were plans by the PDP to checkmate Obasanjo, he said: “We are doing something now that I can’t reveal at this moment. But people have been talking about the contents of his book, ‘My Watch’. And I said ‘Obasanjo is a writer, he can write anything he wants to write. But if he writes anything about me in his book, I will immediatelty write my own because he is not the only one gifted in writing. Those of us who are younger than him believes that if he hits us, we will hit him back.

“He said he is a PDP man. The party has not disproved that; so I will not say he is no longer in PDP but as far as I am concerned, I no longer regard him as a member of PDP. If he attacks us, I will take my counter-attack to him.”

Babatope, who is a member of PDP Board of Trustees (BoT) said it is expected that Obasanjo would still issue further provocative statements in the days ahead because he already has a set programme aimed at maligning the president and the PDP ahead of the general election.

“Obasanjo has got his set programmes that he is going to be unleashing as the election draws near. What he is going to be saying next week, he already has it. But he now knows that some people are hovering over him to counter-him and nail him,” he said.

- See more at: http://firstafricanews.ng/index.php?dbs=openlist&s=11007#sthash.Bap9fIgx.ASyGBwPR.dpuf

Re: Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope by resty4(m): 2:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
Obasanjo is a serial lier.PDP sh do d needful b4 its too late
Re: Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope by meracool(m): 2:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
So Saying the Truth is now an OutBurst..

PDP 〓 Clowns.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope by ORACLE1975(m): 2:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
mr man are u sure?
Re: Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope by emmysoftyou: 2:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
AdoIfHitler:
Obasanjo is a monkey
no he is not a monkey,he is only seeking for attention..

1 Like

Re: Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope by size38: 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mr babatope, U get liver? Talk is very cheap ooo! I know all ur ranting starts and ends in ur mouth.
Re: Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope by TheFreeOne: 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
OBJ believes he's the best thing that ever happened to naija after independence...unfortunately for him that's an unmistakable sign of senility.

He thinks he's got the wisdom of solomon, better than all and love naija than any other nigerian.

Only the gullible will believe him cos this dirty politics he's playing is gradually rubbishing the goodwill he may have garnered for himself in the past cos a 'DISGRUNTLED ELDERSTATESMAN' is not a trophy any oldman should be proud of.

1 Like

Re: Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope by iamodenigbo1(m): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
he talks too much
Re: Pdp’ll No Longer Tolerate Obasanjo’s Outburst – Babatope by ishiamu(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
AdoIfHitler:
Obasanjo is a monkey

He's a chimpanzee or an orang utan. Foolish ottah farmer

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Campaign Donation Rises To 118M Naira / Buhari Reacts To PDP Propaganda & Insults Towards Him / Principal Gets Death Threats For Releasing Buhari’s Results...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.