Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,001 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola (34414 Views)

PDP Chairman: Those Plotting To Destroy South-West Will Not Succeed – Babatope / GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope / Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by chiwetaluAGU(m): 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
Former Minister of Transport and Aviation, Chief Ebenezer Babatope has warned Governor Rauf Aregbesola not to plunge Osun state and the South West into unnecessary war which he would not be able to handle by the time it starts.

The Ilesha born septuagenarian politician, gave the warning yesterday when he spoke with Daily Sun on the religion crisis rocking Osun State, and made it clear that bringing religion into politics have done too much havoc in Nigeria.

Babatope said : let the governor not bring religion into politics because South West have always been co-existing as Christians and moslems and we don’t need any governor to come and be promoting one religion over another.

“Let him have very good dialogue with the Christians community and face the governance that he was elected for, because promotion of Islamic religion over Christianity was not part of his campaign promises.

“Let him concentrate on how to pay his workers salaries and work on how he will never owe salary again instead of this distraction he is occupying himself with.” he added.

Babatope lamented that a lot of workers are suffering in Osun State, where he now lives, and explained that the governor should be concerned about the suffering of these government workers and the people of Osun who are lamenting daily.

According to the former minister, religious crisis have caused a lot of bloodshed, in Kano, Jos, Kaduna, Bauchi and many other place in the North until it graduated into Boko Haram.

“Aregbesola should not sow such seeds of religious competition in the minds of young people in the South West now so that they will not grow up to start promoting religion crisis.

“Is it this hijab or uniform wearing that will make them to become brilliant students, promote the standard of education and let them become useful to the society?” he asked

He then advised all governors in Nigeria to develop large heart of seeing themselves as governors to all and not for a particular religion, ethnic group or political party, saying good leaders don’t lead that way, except such leaders don’t want to succeed.

Female muslim and Christian students had started wearing hijab and church garments to school to promote their Islamic and Christian religions in some schools in the state.

This followed the judgement of Osun High Court that female Muslim students in the state are allowed to wear hijab to public schools, which some Christian leaders and owners of missionary schools like Baptist High School, Salvation Army Middle School, felt it was a subtle method to start promoting Islam in their mission schools.

To this end, they urged their Christian students to as well wear their church garments to school, which Governor Aregbesola allegedly kicked against, saying any student caught wearing unapproved uniform to school will be expelled.

The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, in the state have kicked against the governor’s action, saying if he is encouraging Muslim students to wear Islamic apparel to christian missionary schools he should not stop Christian students from wearing their Christian apparel to the such Christian missionary schools.

Source:

http://sunnewsonline.com/dont-bring-religious-war-to-southwest-babatope-warns-aregbesola/

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by chiwetaluAGU(m): 6:23pm On Jun 15, 2016
angry angry
Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by malele(m): 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
This arebgesola is just a nonentity

169 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by prinsam30: 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
Why do we have touts ruling Nigerian in this era of technology and eyeopening

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
Useless Governor

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Agbaletu: 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
Baba Babatope has spoken very well.If Aregbe should not stop this madness, he will live to regret it. He wants to use his office to distabilize SW but i know he will not succeed. He is a failure already and i know that CAN will not allow this madness in Osun and the whole of SW. I wish Amisore had won the last election.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by malele(m): 6:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
Agbaletu:
Baba Babatope has spoken very well.If Aregbe should not stop this madness, he will live to regret it. He wants to use his office to distabilize SW but i know he will not succeed. He is a failure already and i know that CAN will not allow this madness in Osun and the whole of SW. I wish Amisore had won the last election.

This amisore u are wishing should have won the election, was castigated anyhow by APC loyalist, now look at what is happening, the same thing happening in Nigeria.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Agbaletu: 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
malele:

This amisore u are wishing should have won the election, was castigated anyhow by APC loyalist, now look at what is happening, the same thing happening in Nigeria.
Unfotunately, no one could see the future, if not Aregbe would have been disgraced out of the government house in the last election. He has a plan to distabilize SW. He will surely fail. He is a curse to Osun and SW at large.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by olaitoro(m): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
religious war in SW, interesting.

watching muslim passingshot verses christian modath in 4D.

then christian Ambode will take on muslim Amuson.

is gonna be fun

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by lytech1(m): 7:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
Idle hand is devil workshop..
Assuming he engage himself in something,trying to find lasting solution to the problem of non payment of worker salary...
He will not engage himself in such childish attitude...

He started this madness way back in 2013...
Because of his campaign for 2nd term in office,he forgo the case...
After assuming power and knowing he has nothing to loss..he want to create long time problem to the state...

God will not grant ur wish

62 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 7:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
Agbaletu:

Stfu !!!!

Is it today that Muslim students start wearing hijab to school ? This is a practice that has been happening for God knows when even among their teachers and people of other profession and I wonder why you now think it is Aregbesola's doing.

The Christian leaders are the ones making themselves the willing tools in the hands of the enemies of that state. I attended an Anglican primary school managed by the government but on every Friday we always have our morning prayers in the Islamic ways without anybody killing each other.

We even have imam in school then teaching IRK.

The practice was the same when I later transferred to an Ansar-ud-deen school where we have our morning prayers in the Christian ways from monday -Tuesday , on Wednesday you pray silently and call whatever God you which while Thursday - Fridays are for Islamic prayers.

That's why during our days all the students are able to know most the popular songs in the S.O.P and still recite fati'a and other Islamic verses.

This latest move and agitation is strange to us in Yorubaland . Every normal Yoruba family have people of the two religion and they co-exist without any fighting among them.

( And FYI, even my own patents are practicing different religions and they live together in peace).

Edit *** To the bigots abusing me and calling those schools missionary schools please get your fact right . Those schools were established by the missionaries of Christian and Islamic faith but were later taken over by the government couple of decades ago.

The moment the government assume responsibility on them they ceased to be private schools but government schools . Students of whatever faiths or no faith are free to attend those schools.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 7:22pm On Jun 15, 2016
The two religions should be banned the moment those practising them think they can't coexist without causing trouble.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Agbaletu: 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
Alphaoscar:

I

I was once a muslim and I know what Aregbe is trying to propagate. I stopped practicing Islamic religion in the late 80s. As for the insult...it is unlike Yoruba.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by MrCow(m): 7:28pm On Jun 15, 2016
lolz, he can't bring any religious war to sw. na his state the madness go dey, because iono any other governor that is as daft as he is not even Fayose.

how will You tamper with something that has existed for years, mixing anserudeen with st Michael ( what an insult ). mtscheew

Trust my Governor Amosun, he knows what he is doing, same with other SW Governors

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by modath(f): 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2016
olaitoro:
religious was in SW, interesting.

watching muslim passingshot verses christian mo in 4D.

then christian Ambode will take on muslim Amuson.

Sorry, Yorubas don't do religious war, whatever you see going on will eventually be resolved.... Baba Babatope is a politician, his stance is suspect.....unseen hands are pulling strings in this brouhaha.

On Topic, I don't subscribe to religion being made focal point in schools, it's a distraction..

I had same experience as alphaoscar in secondary school & I attended a regular one... both religions co existed in peace...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Beremx(f): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
The female Muslims should tie scarf na! must they put on hijab?
Aregbesola is making me hate him because of this.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by mikki123(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
I keep saying it, Aregbesola is not a true Yoruba man. He's doing all this to gain the sympathy of the North. Aregbe /North conspiracy.

28 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 8:01pm On Jun 15, 2016
Beremx:
The female Muslims should tie scarf na! must they put on hijab?

Aregbesola is making me hate him because of this.

Berem , Trust me this is not about Aregbe or no Aregbesola. some people somewhere are the ones promoting this rubbish to cause trouble. Aregbesola banned the use of hijab ( which in the first place is unnecessary ) but the Muslim communities took their to the court of law which ruled in their favour and instead of the opponents of the use of hijab to appeal the judgement they resort to self-help .

And the hijab they are talking about is not even all those long ones that is common with the northern Muslims but short hijabs that just covered the head and very common within the the corporate environment.

Check my update above to see my first comment above for more insight on the issue.

10 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Beremx(f): 8:10pm On Jun 15, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Berem , Trust me this is not about Aregbe or no Aregbesola. some people somewhere are the ones promoting this rubbish to cause trouble. Aregbesola banned the use of hijab ( which in the first place is unnecessary ) but the Muslim communities took their to the court of law which ruled in their favour and instead of the opponents of the use of hijab to appeal the judgement they resort to self-help .

And the hijab they are talking about is not even all those long ones that is common with the northern Muslims but short hijabs that just covered the head and very common within the the corporate environment.

Check my update above to see my first comment above for more insight on the issue.
Fine if it's not the fault of Aregbesola. I retract my statement...

but, i dunno how short the hijabs are. Can't the female Muslim students cover their hair like those female Muslims who work in banks, offices, hospitals etc? Those ones don't wear hijab na! They have their mode of covering their hair which is in uniformity.

I am not in support of the type of hijab covering i saw in the pictures about the news.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Babacele: 8:15pm On Jun 15, 2016
modath:

Sorry, Yorubas don't do religious war, whatever you see going on will eventually be resolved.... Baba Babatope is a politician, his stance is suspect.....unseen hands are pulling strings in this brouhaha.

On Topic, I don't subscribe to religion being made focal point in schools, it's a distraction..

I had same experience as alphaoscar in secondary school & I attended a regular one... both religions co existed in peace...
I don't trust Babatope.....he is still pained by Aregbe's beating them despite all their evil plottings ,including similar religious crisis, they threw at State of Osun before the gubernatorial humbling...

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Max24: 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2016
Its pathetic that Aregbesola is playing the religious card to remain relevant in 2019 at least to hand over to his governor nominee. He wants to set Christians against Muslims instead of focusing on how to pay his workers salary and win their support. That was how Sheriff started Book Haram in Borno by having a commissioner for religious affairs.

20 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2016
Agbaletu:

I was once a muslim and I know what Aregbe is trying to propagate. I stopped practicing Islamic religion in the late 80s. As for the insult...it is unlike Yoruba.

The same way it is unlike Yoruba to be inciting religious intolerance.

Tell me none of classmates used hijab during your school days and if they did how does that affect your own religious believe.

The governor banned the use of hijab the Christians celebrate and instead of the Muslims to protest and cause disturbances they followed the legal path and the court ruled in their favour , how is that Aregbes fault ? why can't the Christian leaders appeal the judgement instead of overheating the polity ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by naijaboy756: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Stfu !!!!

Is it today that Muslim students start wearing hijab to school ? This is a practice that has been happening for God knows when even among their teachers and people of other profession and I wonder why you now think it is Aregbesola's doing.

The Christian leaders are the ones making themselves the willing tools in the hands of the enemies of that state. I attended an Anglican primary school managed by the government but on every Friday we always have our morning prayers in the Islamic ways without anybody killing each other.

We even have imam in school then teaching IRK.

The practice was the same when I later transferred to an Ansar-ud-deen school where we have our morning prayers in the Christian ways from monday -Tuesday , on Wednesday you pray silently and call whatever God you which while Thursday - Fridays are for Islamic prayers.

That's why during our days all the students are able to know most the popular songs in the S.O.P and still recite fati'a and other Islamic verses.

This latest move and agitation is strange to us in Yorubaland . Every normal Yoruba family have people of the two religion and they co-exist without any fighting among them.

( And FYI, even my own patents are practicing different religions and they live together in peace).

how can a building stand when it is erected on confusion?

17 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by millhouse: 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
malele:
This arebgesola is just a nonentity
I couldn't agree with you more

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Naijacitizen(m): 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
Why does wearing hijab by Muslim woman affect Christians? Do you people want our sister to go around half naked like your very own sister who are causing nuisance in our society? Bunch of hypocrites and intolerant.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Agbaletu: 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
Alphaoscar:

The same way it is unlike Yoruba to be inciting religious intolerance.

Tell me none of classmates used hijab during your school days and if they did how does that affect your own religious believe.

The governor banned the use of hijab the Christians celebrate and instead of the Muslims to protest and cause disturbances they followed the legal path and the court ruled in their favour , how is that Aregbes fault ? why can't the Christian leaders appeal the judgement instead of overheating the polity ?

There was nothing like hijab during my dys.

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Alphaoscar: 8:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
naijaboy756:
how can a building stand when it is erected on confusion?

Which confusion are you talking about ? religion is secondary to us in Yorubaland because we see ourselves as family first irrespective of whatever ways you worship your God and that's why you hardly here about religion crisis here.

You go to school to study about different issues and not to study how to be a Pastor or Imam ( whoever desire to study religion in school should go to the theological school or Quranic school) .

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Beremx(f): 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
Agbaletu:

There was nothing like hijab during my dys.
I remember my secondary school days in the north early 90's. the mode for dressing for Christians in my school was a beret,skirt and blouse. for Muslims it was kaftan and scarf. it wasn't compulsory though as Christians could wear Muslims dress code or vice-versa. Till now, that's the dress code. Imagine that in a federal school.

Why then should students wear hijabs in Osun state for crying out loud?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 15, 2016
He shouldn't have merge schools, that was the genesis of all this crisis. He was warned but he didn't listen. Separate them now, he won't still listen.

19 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by Agbaletu: 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2016
Beremx:
I remember my secondary school days in the north early 90's. the mode for dressing for Christians in my school was a beret,skirt and blouse. for Muslims it was kaftan and scarf. it wasn't compulsory though as Christians could wear Muslims dress code or vice-versa. Till now, that's the dress code. Imagine that in a federal school.

Why then should students wear hijabs in Osun state for crying out loud?
Thank you, it used to be beret and scarf and not hijab. There is no way Aregbe can be exonerated from this. The first mistake Aregbe made was that, he merged christian and muslim schools. Somebody is now trying to tell us that Aregbe does not know anything about this.

17 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by mike404(m): 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
Agbaletu:

AAAAH! EGBON YOU DON USE STYLE OLD O shocked OYA TRIPPLE TUALE TO YOU AGBALAGBI

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Bring Religious War To Southwest, Babatope Warns Aregbesola by omonnakoda: 9:03pm On Jun 15, 2016
Alphaoscar:

You are naive Aregbe deliberately banned it and then went to court deliberately putting up a weak defense so as to lose the case.We are not fooled

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If We Release Names, List Of Looters In NDDC, Nigeria Will Break — Committee / Iyanda Isiaka Sawaba, Top Fuji Music Star Dies In Ibadan (Photos) / Photo Of Governor Ganduje At NYSC Camp In Kano Has Got People Asking Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.