Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

How To Make Zobo Drink - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Zobo Drink (4387 Views)

Order For Fresh Roselle Fruit (zobo) Drink / How To Make Zobo Drink In 5 Easy Steps! / Learn A Recipe: How To Make Zobo Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Zobo Drink by Moreinfo(m): 2:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
Zobo drink is another one of Nigeria’s popular drinks, you have absolutely nothing to lose but so much to gain for taking a chilled glass of zobo Nigerian drinks.

The health benefits are immeasurable, although this depends on the ingredient you used while preparing it. I would personally recommend just natural ingredients; instead of synthesized pineapple flavor you can go ahead and use real pineapples.

You may want to read the comment below before you actually try this zobo recipe, few person experienced soured taste when they used lots of pineapple, they agreed that pineapple flavor is better than actual pineapples when it comes to making zobo drink.

By the end of this article you would have learned how to make zobo, the popular Nigerian tasty drink.

I never really liked zobo until I learned about its nutritional values, it is one of those drinks that are made with purely natural ingredient, just like the fruit juice, you wouldn’t require any artificial ingredients or coloring in most cases.

I had a taste of this drink for the first time at Bori Camp Portharcourt, those days in secondary school; I visited a friend who happened to come from Yoruba – the best makers of the Nigerian zobo drink. I can’t tell much about the origin of this drink but I know that the Yorubas are the major producers. I think they even have zobo soup, :lol:

Hausa women also make tasty zobo, the people of Igbo are just beginning to learn about this wonderful drink

Here is how to make zobo in Nigeria, you will learn about all the ingredients used for making zobo and also why I prefer this above many other drinks. With the quantity of ingredients below you will be able to make about five liters of zobo.

Preparation time: 30mins | Serving: 8 to 12 persons

You Will Need

Zobo Leaves (medium bowl full).
Ginger (4 to 5 medium sizes).
Sweet Pineapples (medium size) or (foster Clark’s Pineapple flavor).
Sweetener or sugar to taste (optional).

The standard zobo drink can be made with just three ingredients – the zobo leaves, choice of flavor and ginger but as you already know, the zobo have a somewhat sugary taste, most people chose to add few cubes of sugar.

But if you have enough of sweet pineapples, go ahead and avoid any extra sweetener or sugar, this is exactly how I like it :wink:

The foster Clark’s pineapple flavor is a synthesized pineapple flavor, if you decide to use it then you would need to avoid any other form of sugar or sweetener, it would add the needed sweetness because it already contained sugar.

There are several other flavors for making zobo, foster Clark’s pineapple flavor is just one of them; you will find them in any Nigerian market, .
How to Make Zobo

Hand-pick every unwanted substance from the zobo leaves and then proceed to wash and start cooking with about 5 liters of water. But be careful so you don’t wash away the original nutrient, don’t soak before washing, just pour few liters of water, wash and transfer into the cooking pot.

Cook for about ten minutes before you add the ginger, you can chop them into tiny bit or grind with a kitchen blender. Do the same to the pineapples, what you need is just the pineapple juice, you can squeeze out the juice or slice the pineapple to tiny bits and also add to the cooking pot.

If you don’t have enough sweet pineapples you can add few cubes of sugar but if you don’t have pineapples at all, you can buy foster Clark’s pineapple flavor and use few drops, it already contained sugar.

Cook for another ten to fifteen minutes before you taste the zobo, if it does taste alright then filter and refrigerate. That is how to make zobo, its easy right?

Zobo is one of the popular Nigerian drinks, it is easy to make and can be made in under 30 minutes. Serve chilled with your favorite snack.

Zobo as a drink have innumerable health benefits that I can’t even begin to mention. Ginger which is one of the ingredients for this popular drink is known to improve heart and sight conditions.

Visit http://foodandproduct..com/ for detail.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Zobo Drink by ayufun: 8:03pm On May 20, 2017
Well explained, keep up the good work. I also publish Zobo recipes, ginger beer and others
http://www.healthriskfood.com/2017/01/locally-made-juice-recipes.html

1 Like

Re: How To Make Zobo Drink by Greekoyinbo: 10:40am On May 24, 2017
Hey can u get Zobo Leaves in the uk?

(1) (Reply)

How To Assemble And Cover A Two Tier Cake With Icing / Pic : Fisherman Caught Huge Hippopotamus In Akugbene Fishing Camp In Bayelsa / Why Do People Prefer Igbo And Calabar/akwaibom Kitchen/food Than Other Tribes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.