Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

What If General Buhari Fails Again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If General Buhari Fails Again? (753 Views)

Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run / APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch / 'Confusion At Aso Rock’ As Buhari Fails To Move In - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If General Buhari Fails Again? by aiikay(m): 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
To the above question, some will say he is going to win, while some will say he can't win.

Many have been clamouring for change, and many never visualise any change in every sense of the word change, in what is presented.

There are presumably 14 presidential contestants, and no one has ever discussed any other apart from GMB and GEJ. The rest too are not doing any campaign because they may have had a different intention other than winning.

Anyway, my stand about GEJ is that things have not been worst as some do paint, but instead better. In fact very much better! Note that I never asserted that all have been got right!

Yes the issue of Bokoharam, which is entirely a new phenomenon and even a global trend, has been speaking volume more than all meaningful achievements by the present administration. Though a lot of promises were not kept, of course that's the characteristics of Nigeria politics, I still, to my own PERSONAL JUDGMENT, consider GEJ as the best so far, ever since I became old enough to follow the happenings in the Nigeria Govt.

My reasons are numerous. As old as I'm, I only used to read about rail transportation on books; I recall how people used to spend days on the road during travel due to unbearable bad roads; I have friends who have been empowered via SUREP or YOUWIN program; I know the long aged history of the so called Alamajiri's; there are personalities who I have special respect for appointed for important posts - eg. my ever respected former Vice Chancellor, Venerable Engr. Prof. Chinedu Ositadimma Nebo, and a lot more; I see a situations where opposition can exit at all, rather than what OBJ did for eight years, the trauma Chimaroke put us in Enugu for eight years; etc. My reasons are many and all are just my personal conviction - not because anybody preached to me!

Notwithstanding, I never dispute that a new person can do even more. Buhari might turn out good, at least to impress Nigerians, if he wins, but personally I will never wish that someone who was President before my birth could come back again! All other propaganda against him are issues I never supported. Of course nothing can be a threat to Christianity in a country like Nigeria.

Another great annoyance to me is that majority of those pioneering APC simply changed name not character - PDP to APC. If someone like even Sam Nda-Isaiah were to be in the race, then he would have my vote even if he doesn't win. In fact, any of the other three contestants of APC would have enjoyed much sympathy votes if neither Buhari nor Atiku ever showed interest!

Meanwhile, stick to whom you have decided to vote for, based on your personal conviction, not because of unnecessary propaganda or sentiment. Certainly, somebody like me may not vote same party for all the offices - not at all!

Don't forget to seriously pray for free, fair and peaceful election, no matter who wins. That alone would make whoever looses to accept the result! Even if GEJ looses and he ensured for free and fair elections, Nigerians will ever remember him for enshrining true democracy!

I'm calling for more of your prayers because certainly GMB will fail again, and the memory of the experience of 2011 is still fresh. Imagine now that Buhari has got more fans. Never allow yourself to be a sacrificial lamb. Never again say that voting is none of your business, perhaps you may be among those clamouring for change. So be a partaker of the change in your own understanding of the word change!

Go and get your PVC; don't just battle over PDP or APC without that special weapon to prove your stand.

Whom do think shall win (in a 100% free and fair election)?

1 Like

Re: What If General Buhari Fails Again? by Tonylyte(m): 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
Cry as usual. Dont vote buhari. Buhari is a bomb threat.

1 Like

Re: What If General Buhari Fails Again? by aiikay(m): 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
Tonylyte:
Cry as usual. Dont vote buhari. Buhari is a bomb threat.
That he is a bomb threat is just a propaganda. He has not been caught with a bomb or with a bomb carrier. It's just that Nigerians are aware that GEJ is trying!
Re: What If General Buhari Fails Again? by sharkhead: 10:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
OP ur topic asks a question and before the answers started trickling in u ran amok peddling ur opinion wc at best remains jst wat it is-ur opinion! Who do u want to lead wt ur opinion? Do u want commenters answring ur question or discussing ur opinion? Mr get ur act right! Back to ur question; I think if Buhari (APC) looses, he has not only given d PDP a run for their money but has put d incumbent on d hot seat knowin dt d game has changed n d opposition wl olways b waitin to haunt him wit every silly move d government makes thereby makin d government more accountable! Simply put, Buhari, win or loose, WE (masses) all WIN that is d most important thing. For its not about "GEJ" or "GMB" but about you and I. Are our interests protected?
Re: What If General Buhari Fails Again? by aiikay(m): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2015
sharkhead:
OP ur topic asks a question and before the answers started trickling in u ran amok peddling ur opinion wc at best remains jst wat it is-ur opinion! Who do u want to lead wt ur opinion? Do u want commenters answring ur question or discussing ur opinion? Mr get ur act right! Back to ur question; I think if Buhari (APC) looses, he has not only given d PDP a run for their money but has put d incumbent on d hot seat knowin dt d game has changed n d opposition wl olways b waitin to haunt him wit every silly move d government makes thereby makin d government more accountable! Simply put, Buhari, win or loose, WE (masses) all WIN that is d most important thing. For its not about "GEJ" or "GMB" but about you and I. Are our interests protected?
Just re-read this your comment and so inspired to commend you, as the masses finally won. Congratulations to us!

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Blast Jonathan: 'get Out Of The Kitchen, If It Is Becoming Too Hot ... / 10-year-old Girl Bombs Maiduguri Market, Kills 20 / Only Insane Will Play Down These Facts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.