Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

How To Verify Your Voter's Card with INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Verify Your Voter's Card with INEC (2946 Views)

Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal / Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift / Certificate Saga: My Documents With INEC – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Verify Your Voter's Card with INEC by Obeseke: 5:16am On Jan 08, 2015
For voters who registered in 2011 & are yet to collect their permanent voter's cards, you can verify whether or not your card was produced by sending a text message to 20120. The message MUST contain the name of the registration body (INEC), the State where you registered (ONDO as an example) your surname as it appears on your temporary voter's card (MIMIKO as an example) and the last five (5) digits of your VIN on the temporary voter's card (32412 as an example). That is "INEC ONDO MIMIKO 32412" to be sent to 20120. This costs you ten naira (N10). In less than 3 minutes, you get an instant message with the full details of your registration back in 2011 as confirmation of whether or not the permanent voter's card is ready. If it is not produced, the reply will tell you that. Since the distribution period at the polling units where you registered is over, you may call the number 07098115257 for further assistance which will enable you know the local government where you then can pick up your card. With the much awaited elections being few days from now, we need to be more proactive and supportive of the government. No doubt the government agency saddled with the registration & distribution exercise of voters' cards might not have done enough, we however expect that political parties should complement INEC's efforts towards a free, fair, transparent, credible & acceptable result during & after the polls. We all are stakeholders in Nigeria. God bless us all

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Verify Your Voter's Card with INEC by Ploy(m): 5:59am On Jan 08, 2015
Thanks @op, but what will those that have lost the temporary card do? I misplaced mine and I'm no longer in the state where I did the reg.

Is the any hope of getting mine?
Re: How To Verify Your Voter's Card with INEC by Obeseke: 6:27am On Jan 08, 2015
If you misplaced your TVC, try to call the helpline 07098115257 maybe they can help. I will make further enquiries & revert on this post if I get any useful information.
Re: How To Verify Your Voter's Card with INEC by walexGodson(m): 6:59am On Jan 08, 2015
Good of u jare
Re: How To Verify Your Voter's Card with INEC by Auseayo(m): 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
Am jst 18 dis yr nd i 1nt 2 obtain my voters card,,buh av checked inec website nd i cnt find any polling unit in my vicinity (Lagos,Ifako-Ijayie,Iju-Ishaga)
cn u guys hlp wit dis,pls?
Re: How To Verify Your Voter's Card with INEC by demorise: 8:25am On Jan 09, 2015
Ploy:
Thanks @op, but what will those that have lost the temporary card do? I misplaced mine and I'm no longer in the state where I did the reg.

Is the any hope of getting mine?

Yes. According to the google group forum, go to the INEC office in your local government with a passport photograph and fill an incident form, and you will get your PVC. Check the list of LG offices here : http://voters.inecnigeria.org/static/lgas/

(1) (Reply)

13 Presidents That Are Older Than Buhari / A 19 Year Old Lady Bites Off Rapist’s Penis In Lagos - Very Graphic PICS / 29,000 Nigerians To Be Deported From UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.