Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,394 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal (29348 Views)

Akeredolu Mounted A Billboard For Yahaya Bello In Kogi - Photo / Dino Melaye: I Am Better Than Yahaya Bello In Bed / Yahaya Bello In Bourdillon, Meets Tinubu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by nurex01(m): 3:42am On May 27, 2017
Voter Card Scandal: APC Disowns Bello, Demands Resignation

Leke Baiyewu and Gbenga Odogun

A faction of the All Progressives Congress in Kogi State has asked Governor Yaya Bello to tender his resignation or risk impeachment by the state’s House of Assembly over his alleged multiple registration for voter card.

Leaders of the party also threatened to mobilise the state’s House of Assembly for the governor’s impeachment if he failed to resign.

The Independent National Electoral Commission had accused Bello of registering twice for voter card in a breach of the provisions of the Electoral Act.

At a press conference in Abuja on Friday, the Chairman of the APC faction in Kogi, Hadi Ameto; and lawmaker representing Kogi-West Senatorial District, Senator Dino Melaye, strongly condemned the governor for the alleged act.

Ameto and Melaye were accompanied by Senator Mohammed Ohiare, Senator Abdulrahman Abubakar, Senator Dangana Ocheja; former members of the House of Representatives, Tom Zakari, Ismaila Hussaini and Duro Meseko, among others.

Melaye described the conference as “individual and collective reaction” to INEC’s announcement.

He said, “Yesterday, INEC made an official press release to say that Governor Yaya Bello of Kogi State registered in 2011 for his voter card in Wuse Zone 4 (Abuja) and on Tuesday, he did a second registration in the Government House in Lokoja (Kogi).

“INEC said this contravened the provisions of the Electoral Act and Governor Yaya Bello has committed a crime.

“INEC also said that the Government House in Lokoja was not a designated registration centre, meaning that either through corruption, cohesion or diabolical means, the governor must have taken INEC (officials) to the government house to do the ‘bojuboju’ registration inside his office.

“This criminal behaviour of the governor has embarrassed the people of Kogi State and the APC. We dissociate ourselves from this criminal behaviour. Kogi people are responsible people and we are expected to have a responsible governor.

“This has underscored the fact that as of the time he was contesting in the election, he was not a registered voter in Kogi State. If he was not a registered voter ab initio, why did he accept the candidacy of the party?

“On this note, we are calling for the immediate resignation of the governor because someone awaiting trial cannot be representing the people of Kogi State as governor. But if the governor refuses to resign, we are going to mobilise our members in the House of Assembly to start an impeachment process against the governor because we have a valid point as expressed by INEC.”

Meanwhile, there are indications that INEC will embark on a massive shake-up in its Kogi State office following Bello’s alleged double registration.

It was learnt that some top aides to the governor may also be sanctioned for allegedly misleading the governor into re-register.

http://punchng.com/voter-card-scandal-apc-disowns-bello-demands-resignation/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:47am On May 27, 2017
APC no be Joke dem be?

Scamming Nigerians from day 1......

Who is clean in the house of APC...........??

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by feldido(m): 4:26am On May 27, 2017
Dog want to eat Dog?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by dodelight(m): 4:34am On May 27, 2017
Following...
But I thought Nigerians voted out impunity in 2015. What stops a whole governor from effecting a voter's card transfer from Abuja to Kogi?
Too many ineffectual Buffon crawling our political space.
...Still following, though...

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:37am On May 27, 2017
Buhari eat buhari grin

27 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by Nobody: 4:40am On May 27, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
APC no be Joke dem be?

Scamming Nigerians from day 1......

Who is clean in the house of APC...........??
Jona
Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by DIKEnaWAR: 5:15am On May 27, 2017
Should Buhari kick the bucket, I foresee Dino and Tinubu aligning on this one.

It has always been interests, after all. ..

29 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by policy12: 6:02am On May 27, 2017
Naija politics...mtchew.

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by seunmsg(m): 6:08am On May 27, 2017
Yahaya Bello is an ineffectual buffoon. Why can't he simply transfer his existing registration to Kogi instead of breaking the law by registering twice? Something is really wrong with that guy. It has been one misstep or the other since he became governor. Considering the disaster that he's becoming, impeach may not be a bad option.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by rose54321: 6:22am On May 27, 2017
The holy book says it all " a house divided against itself will fall".
It's only a matter of time, so I guess now our watch begins.

In other news, GOT 7 July 16th... can't wait.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by Paperwhite(m): 6:22am On May 27, 2017
To think that these are the first generation of "saints" that 15Million Nigerians entrusted their future to is really disheartening.From the president to the least in APC are all marked by one scandal or the other yet they 're sanctimonious quick in condemning others.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by Paperwhite(m): 6:26am On May 27, 2017
[/b]It was learnt that some top aides to the governor may also be sanctioned for allegedly misleading the governor into re-register.[b] As usual,see the party filled with fraudsters with their trademark blame shifting attitude.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by joeprince23(m): 7:10am On May 27, 2017
clueless fraudlent governor

9 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by donlucabrazi(m): 7:14am On May 27, 2017
Oga Governor you have played into the hands of your enemies. They will never let such a juicy opportunity pass them without using it to seek political vendetta

That's what happens to opportunistic crooks. Your past shady dealings will always catch up with you...

Kogi state, always in the news for the wrong reasons!

14 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by Ibifizzleboy(m): 7:22am On May 27, 2017
but where is #LALA na?
Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:25am On May 27, 2017
I think Faleke prayers has started hunting this man. Anyway is whatever.

15 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by mukhcech(m): 7:43am On May 27, 2017
Mumu thread with mumu propaganda

4 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by NaijaMutant(f): 7:45am On May 27, 2017
ok
Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by NaijaMutant(f): 7:48am On May 27, 2017
mukhcech:
Mumu thread with mumu propaganda
You sound like a zom........... bie

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by otokx(m): 7:58am On May 27, 2017
Nigerians have disregard for the simplest of instructions.

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by sinistermind(m): 8:08am On May 27, 2017
This is why i see Nigeria Politicians as power hungry monsters. In the western world, with such scandal emanating, the political office holder would have resigned honourably but in my beloved country, lailai. Make we just dey look sha

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by sammyj: 8:19am On May 27, 2017
This is dead on arrival request. How many public officer in Nigeria has ever resigned based on allegations abeg leave matter !!! angry angry
Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:25am On May 27, 2017
If only he had transferred his voter's card from Abuja to Kogi state.
Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by donpapa(m): 8:35am On May 27, 2017
This Bello guy kept disgracing Nigerian youths... Now ancestors (like obasanjo n Co) would have another reason to say the youths ain't ready for true and real leadership. #Shame

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by Nobody: 8:36am On May 27, 2017
The most useless thing after the P in Pneumonia.

I'm in support of anything that will remove this no matter how small or mediocre it may be.

4 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by smartty68(m): 8:36am On May 27, 2017
Voters card or no voters card; "Your Vote Doesn't Count"

Every Nigerian politician is a scammer. They always act innocent as long as they don't get caught.

Shikina.....

Just don't know what to type anymore sef

6 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by ajalawole(m): 8:38am On May 27, 2017
APC cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by talk2rotman(m): 8:39am On May 27, 2017
he has d backing of d presidency so no shaking!

1 Like

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by sbashir10(m): 8:39am On May 27, 2017
Biggest joke of the century.
Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by kurt09(m): 8:40am On May 27, 2017
Bello is dull and dumb. I went to INEC office on Wednesday, they came me transfer form which I filled and they told me to come in four months time for my new voters card. I wonder how a governor with his 500 aides will commit this impeachable offence. I blame Death, our Constitution and PDP for this fiasco. Nevertheless, still standing with Buhari for a better Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by otokx(m): 8:40am On May 27, 2017
talk2rotman:
he has d backing of d presidency so no shaking!

Which of the presidency?

2 Likes

Re: Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:41am On May 27, 2017
Just remove dat guy for any reason, abeg.

Pessin wey na cement dey in head.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Card Reader Rejects Lai Mohammed (Photo) / FG's Response To Monday’s Terrorist Attack On Abuja-Kaduna Train / PDP Presidential Campaign Kick-off; A Show Of Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.