Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application (1903 Views)

Good News! Govt Grant Opportunity Like YouWiN Open @ Growth & Employment Project / Do You Know About Youwin / Youwin 2015 Closing Date Extended Till March 15th 2015 Register Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by DonaldYusuf(m): 9:22am On Jan 08, 2015
No doubt the YouWin Business Plan competition has made some significant impact in the lives of young Nigerians; some have had their businesses started and running, others who never thought they could be entrepreneurs have discovered their entrepreneurial abilities.
YouWin season 4 is still in progress with at least three weeks to go; if you have not submitted your concept development in the first stage you still have some time to do that, but before you do that there are certain things you need to know about the first stage application.

I have noticed a major misconception some applicants have about YouWin; this article would attempt to address it and help those who are yet to submit their concept development to do it right.

Some YouWin applicants think that it is the ‘extraordinariness’ or uniqueness of their business idea that matters, so they start thinking of a ‘one in a million’ business idea. Some eventually come up with these unique ideas but have the challenge of building a business model around the idea, so if they apply with those ideas they end up not scaling through.

What you should have in mind as a YouWin applicant is that overall, the first stage which is the concept development stage is to test your knowledge and understanding of your business, and show the judges the viability of the business.

The emphasis is not necessarily on the uniqueness of the idea (although it's important) but on the economic viability. You should ask yourself the following questions: is the idea feasible? Does it have growth potential? How will it make money (does it have a business model)? Will it employ Nigerians? These are some of the issues to focus on while developing your business concept.

If you take a look at some past winners of YouWin, you will see that there is nothing really spectacular about the business ideas that won. For example, some past winners include a Photography Studio, Laundry and Dry cleaning, TV Programme, Computer Store, etc. Now, is there anything spectacular about these ideas or businesses?

The applicants passed through the first stage of concept development because they understood their business and displayed a deep knowledge of the industry; they proved that they knew exactly what they wanted to do and how to do it.
So in summary what you should consider while developing your business concept for the first stage of the YouWin business Plan Competition include:
Is the idea feasible?
What do you even want?
Do you understand the business?
Do you understand the industry and market?
What is the employment potential of the business?
What is the growth potential of the business?
How would you describe the business?

If you need any assistance in coming up with a constructive concept development for the YouWin stage one application, or don’t know what business idea to choose for your application, you can contact me.

Good luck in your application!

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by Sheegs4gold: 12:30am On Jan 10, 2015
bro..how can I contact u?
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by DonaldYusuf(m): 8:10am On Jan 10, 2015
Sheegs4gold:
bro..how can I contact u?

donaldyusuf27@gmail.com
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by dav8id(m): 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
DonaldYusuf:

donaldyusuf27@gmail.com

can a phone software and hardware engineer apply? i started my financial struggle as phone engineer but later on i shifted the business to my younger brother and he really take it to higher level now with 2 others engineer working with him and they earn a monthly salary...can hes business model sueetable for youwin grant?
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by sthugo: 8:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
Does this youwin work out genuinely? Please whats their link.
I know I have applied before,sometime last year,though got no reply.from what you wrote it seems motivating.
Please help with the link. Thanks
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by DonaldYusuf(m): 5:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
dav8id:

can a phone software and hardware engineer apply? i started my financial struggle as phone engineer but later on i shifted the business to my younger brother and he really take it to higher level now with 2 others engineer working with him and they earn a monthly salary...can hes business model sueetable for youwin grant?

Of course a Phone and Software Engineer can apply. Sorry for just replying you; i have been busy. We have just 3 days to the end of YouWin Application, so you need to hurry.
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
sthugo:
Does this youwin work out genuinely? Please whats their link.
I know I have applied before,sometime last year,though got no reply.from what you wrote it seems motivating.
Please help with the link. Thanks
i can help you write a business plan of your choice ...any that needs help you have just few hours to let me help you out...closing date is 30th
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by edytruth(m): 7:03pm On Jan 28, 2015
I just don't knw what to include in the space that requires, amounts. Like the sales, capital equipment, operating expenses etc. How do I manage those fields for now without lossing my chances of winning this grant.
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by DonaldYusuf(m): 12:11am On Jan 31, 2015
edytruth:
I just don't knw what to include in the space that requires, amounts. Like the sales, capital equipment, operating expenses etc. How do I manage those fields for now without lossing my chances of winning this grant.

You need to understand the financial implications of your business to be able to fill those amounts. Mail your proposed business application to me let me see what i can do for you. donaldyusuf27@gmail.com. The deadline for submission has been extended to 13th February, so you still have about 2 weeks.
Cheers...
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by DonaldYusuf(m): 12:14am On Jan 31, 2015
Submission of YouWin First stage application has been extended to 13th February. If you are yet to apply, you still have another 2 weeks to do so.
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by edytruth(m): 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
DonaldYusuf:

You need to understand the financial implications of your business to be able to fill those amounts. Mail your proposed business application to me let me see what i can do for you. donaldyusuf27@gmail.com. The deadline for submission has been extended to 13th February, so you still have about 2 weeks.
Cheers...

aint that sounds like me giving out my business idea? What u shud ask of me is to give u d necessary or basic financial details.
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by DonaldYusuf(m): 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
edytruth:

aint that sounds like me giving out my business idea? What u shud ask of me is to give u d necessary or basic financial details.

I really thought i was helping you. It's okay you can keep your idea. Do people still hide ideas these days Let me tell you something, the era of "my idea might be stolen is over". But all the same, no need to send me your idea.

NOTE: My challenge at the moment is not ideas but implementation of the numerous ideas in my head and diary.
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by edytruth(m): 8:31pm On Feb 10, 2015
DonaldYusuf:

I really thought i was helping you. It's okay you can keep your idea. Do people still hide ideas these days Let me tell you something, the era of "my idea might be stolen is over". But all the same, no need to send me your idea.

NOTE: My challenge at the moment is not ideas but implementation of the numerous ideas in my head and diary.

lol... And who tagged such era a history? Ideas are stolen everyday, i do not trust any one with the innovative magic of my business. U maybe trying to help. Ppl live by picking the ideas and selling them or use it themselves. If u really want to help anyone, the only thing u need is d basic financial details not the business idea.
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by aariwa(m): 4:16am On Feb 15, 2015
mikeoh:

i can help you write a business plan of your choice ...any that needs help you have just few hours to let me help you out...closing date is 30th
Re: What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application by aariwa(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
DonaldYusuf:
No doubt the YouWin Business Plan competition has made some significant impact in the lives of young Nigerians; some have had their businesses started and running, others who never thought they could be entrepreneurs have discovered their entrepreneurial abilities.
YouWin season 4 is still in progress with at least three weeks to go; if you have not submitted your concept development in the first stage you still have some time to do that, but before you do that there are certain things you need to know about the first stage application.

I have noticed a major misconception some applicants have about YouWin; this article would attempt to address it and help those who are yet to submit their concept development to do it right.

Some YouWin applicants think that it is the ‘extraordinariness’ or uniqueness of their business idea that matters, so they start thinking of a ‘one in a million’ business idea. Some eventually come up with these unique ideas but have the challenge of building a business model around the idea, so if they apply with those ideas they end up not scaling through.

What you should have in mind as a YouWin applicant is that overall, the first stage which is the concept development stage is to test your knowledge and understanding of your business, and show the judges the viability of the business.

The emphasis is not necessarily on the uniqueness of the idea (although it's important) but on the economic viability. You should ask yourself the following questions: is the idea feasible? Does it have growth potential? How will it make money (does it have a business model)? Will it employ Nigerians? These are some of the issues to focus on while developing your business concept.

If you take a look at some past winners of YouWin, you will see that there is nothing really spectacular about the business ideas that won. For example, some past winners include a Photography Studio, Laundry and Dry cleaning, TV Programme, Computer Store, etc. Now, is there anything spectacular about these ideas or businesses?

The applicants passed through the first stage of concept development because they understood their business and displayed a deep knowledge of the industry; they proved that they knew exactly what they wanted to do and how to do it.
So in summary what you should consider while developing your business concept for the first stage of the YouWin business Plan Competition include:
Is the idea feasible?
What do you even want?
Do you understand the business?
Do you understand the industry and market?
What is the employment potential of the business?
What is the growth potential of the business?
How would you describe the business?

If you need any assistance in coming up with a constructive concept development for the YouWin stage one application, or don’t know what business idea to choose for your application, you can contact me.

Good luck in your application!

(1) (Reply)

Personal Loan In Abuja / Breaking: Diamond Bank Excecutive Director, Victor Ezenwoko Passes On / How To Become A Millionaire By Age 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.