Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,830 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC (39881 Views)

Which Smartphone Features Are Most Important To You? / 6 Future Smartphone Features That Will Change Everything / 9 Potentially Misleading Smartphone Features Nigerians Fall For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by eddyland: 9:51am On Jan 08, 2015
Today, many of you see these features LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC on smartphones, without actually knowing what they stand for or do to your phones. Have you being wondering what these hi-tech features of smartphones and other mobile device mean and their functions in your phone? Now lets break them down for your understanding.

1. LTE - This stands for Long Term Evolution and a phone that has LTE simply means that that phone is 4G network enabled.

2. OTG - This stands for On The Go meaning that devices with OTG supports USB On The Go. In other words, with such devices, you can use USB devices like flashdrives and printers directly with the phone.

3. OTA -it means Over The Air and therefore devices that support OTA can receive device updates and can easily be updated without needing a PC..

4. SNS -it stands for Social Network Service. Devices with SNS simply mean that the device can easily establish social networks of people via notable social network mediums.

5. NFC -this stands for Near Field Communication. It works like bluetooth but at a very short range for sharing files. It is more secured to use and you don't need to pair or set up anything before making use of it. You can even use it to pay bills and as a travel ticket if your phone has NFC.

http://highteknology..com/2015/01/lte-otg-ota-sns-and-nfc-what-do-these.html

66 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2015
I Was Here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 08, 2015
Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by okitikpo: 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
chai! Wetin person no know pass am o. I used to see all these features without knowing dier meaning..Op ur head over correct. Infact d MOD shuld move dis 2 front page cos I knw dat I am nt alone...thanks jaree

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 12:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
thank God at last a guru is able to do justice on these .not only in definition but also the meanings
God bless nigeria

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by jworos(m): 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hmm, now i know...

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by Emmanuel247(m): 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
Wonderful
Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by veekid(m): 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
thanks
Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by Rexphobia(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
okay
Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by justi4jesu(f): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
Noted

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by brunofarad(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
Superb
Op we really appreciate

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by siraj1402(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
Nice
Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by freezyprinzy(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
now I know
Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by blemon44(m): 1:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
GEJ FOREVER

7 Likes

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by kayultimate(m): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
Nice info @op

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by keddyluv(f): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by wgDONALD: 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
I hear.

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by englishmart(m): 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
I'm just here to register my presence. Afterall I don't use phones

3 Likes

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by Tic4tac(m): 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by darepoju(m): 1:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
am sure most of its users don't even know and won't care.....
because the names are easily called with their acronym
Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by eghos12(m): 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
nice thought and good information
Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by chelseabmw(m): 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
Nice one @eddyland

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by Adyrin(m): 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by simplibaba(m): 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
My fone wey con get EVD nko?

Wat will I do with it?

2 Likes

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by halmeyd(m): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
Op u be konfaaam! Infact i comot my fedora hat 4 u

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by rattlesnake(m): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
I knews

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by Marlicque: 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ok....noted shocked At least i dey front page today grin grin grin
Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by nairaman66(m): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
englishmart:
I'm just here to register my presence. Afterall I don't use phones

You must be using telephone then! undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2015
suxxman:
I Was Here.

yes, you're on top and may you remain on top; she should not allow you get down, she must reject any of your attempt to come down. You must remain on top.

1 Like

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by izikjon(m): 1:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
Nice one there
Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by lekjons(m): 1:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
wetin concern me since my nokia 3310 doesn't av any of those

2 Likes

Re: The Real Meanings Of These Smartphone Features: LTE, OTG, OTA, SNS & NFC by nerodenero: 1:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
Thanks for the information. No knowledge is a waste.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have 50k To Get A New Phone, Suggest The Best Phone For Me Please / Nokia Edge 2017 Price & Specifications / Glo Introduces New Data Plan For Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.