Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? (1189 Views)

Abusive Man Beats Wife, Wife's Fit Male Gym Buddies Beat Him Up Too In Revenge / Nigerian Man Brutally Beats Wife To Pulp, Breaks Her Ankle (graphic Photos) / Photos: Woman Brutally Beaten By Husband For Allegedly Greeting Her Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by unveil(f): 10:01am On Jan 08, 2015
There is something I have noticed amongst my fellow Nigerian females and it is not good. There appears to be a 'sleeping beast' within the hearts of many women of my country . Do you know why this is? What has created this trait? Who has the answer?

I'll like to know why so many women between the ages of 25 - 70 are so evil? When I write evil i mean thoroughly unempathetic, vile and just plain wicked. Why do we set out to employ kids as nannies and domestic staff? Why women? Why Why Why? Why do you do this? Even if everyone is doing it, it still does not make it right! Why is our conscience all but dead? Why do you employ these kids (ages 7 - 17) , and turn them into slaves? Beat them to stupor, relay them to the boot of your SUV on the journey from church to home, allow our kids perpetually belittle them, screeeeeaaaaaam all the time, damn iv seen too much. I am almost in tears. cry cry cry cry cry

I asked a wise man once, and he said ''many women grew up under tension, violence, poverty and hate and the ripple effect is what we see today". Is this true? But the essence of being higher animals is to be able to grow past our past, take learnings and be more useful members of society.

The God we worship detests this type of evil the most. Perhaps this is the reason why Nigeria is amongst the few countries sitting on the so called Infertility belt of Africa.

Link to infertility belt: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/01/10/nigeria-is-sitting-on-the-infertility-belt-of-africa/
More on people's experiences with Nigerian women exhibiting their brutally abusive instinct: https://www.nairaland.com/234543/why-most-women-maltreat-househelps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Prometh(m): 10:08am On Jan 08, 2015
Aint you part of the women folks that indulge in these inhumane practises you listed above?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 10:09am On Jan 08, 2015
I hate it and cant tolerate abuse,it will cause a serious problem if my spouse tries it,if u cant treat them as your own leave them with their parent
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 08, 2015
Hmmm
Why Oh Why?

Na poverty dey cause am.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Tallesty1(m): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2015
mkpakanaodogwu:
I hate it and cant tolerate abuse,it will cause a serious problem if my spouse tries it, if u cant treat them as your own leave them with their parent
It is very sad walahi. Some even treat their own blood sisters as if they are outsiders. Most women are guilty of that.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 08, 2015
unveil:
There is something I have noticed amongst my fellow Nigerian females and it is not good. There appears to be a 'sleeping beast' within the hearts of many women of my country . Do you know why this is? What has created this trait? Who has the answer?

I'll like to know why so many women between the ages of 25 - 70 are so evil? When I write evil i mean thoroughly unempathetic, vile and just plain wicked. Why do we set out to employ kids as nannies and domestic staff? Why women? Why Why Why? Why do you do this? Even if everyone is doing it, it still does not make it right! Why is our conscience all but dead? Why do you employ these kids (ages 7 - 17) , and turn them into slaves? Beat them to stupor, relay them to the boot of your SUV on the journey from church to home, allow our kids perpetually belittle them, screeeeeaaaaaam all the time, damn iv seen too much. I am almost in tears. cry cry cry cry cry

I asked a wise man once, and he said ''many women grew up under tension, violence, poverty and hate and the ripple effect is what we see today". Is this true? But the essence of being higher animals is to be able to grow past our past, take learnings and be more useful members of society.

The God we worship detests this type of evil the most. Perhaps this is the reason why Nigeria is amongst the few countries sitting on the so called Infertility belt of Africa.

Link to infertility belt: http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/01/10/nigeria-is-sitting-on-the-infertility-belt-of-africa/
More on people's experiences with Nigerian women and their brutally abusive instinct: https://www.nairaland.com/234543/why-most-women-maltreat-househelps

Of course he is absolutely correct. Habits and values from parents are always recycled by the children. Products of dysfunctional/abusive homes may turn out abusive. Homes where slavery is glorified will have children who will follow suit. Our african society is somewhat oppressive upon people who are less privileged/ less fortunate. Money is worshipped and those who dnt have it are treated like second class citizens. Its our values that are wrong even though we try to cover it up with religion as hypocrites. The use of underage children as slaves is supposed to be a criminal offence. And women are the main culprits in this crime but these women will be the same people crying foul when the same level of abuse is meted on them by their boyfriends/husbands.

To make matters worse, So called men of God a.k.a false prophets are adding fuel to the abuse by coming up with prophecies of children being possessed either wanting to take a home or kill all the children in the family or snatch a woman's huaband, e.t.c e.t.c. As long we have an oppressive society and religion continues to fuel this abuse, things will remain the same.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Prometh(m): 10:37am On Jan 08, 2015
selfoss:
Hmmm
Why Oh Why?

Na poverty dey cause am.
oh well, you are so wrong
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 08, 2015
Prometh:
oh well, you are so wrong

Explain sir..
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by cococandy(f): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2015
unveil:
There is something I have noticed amongst my fellow Nigerian females and it is not good. There appears to be a 'sleeping beast' within the hearts of many women of my country. Do you know why this is? What has created this trait? Who has the answer?

I asked a wise man once, and he said ''many women grew up under tension, violence, poverty and hate and the ripple effect is what we see today" . Is this true? But the essence of being higher animals is to be able to grow past our past, take learnings and be more useful members of society.

More on people's experiences with Nigerian women and their brutally abusive instinct: https://www.nairaland.com/234543/why-most-women-maltreat-househelps

That's your answer. we are aggressive and angry and always mean to those under us as a people.
You see it everywhere.

Husbands on wives
Wives on housemaids
Housemaids on madams kids
Even kids are not slacking in displaying violent attitudes. Go to secondary schools and see how they treat their juniors.

Smh undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by KanwuliaJara: 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
You sef go soon reaaash dia. . . .
Have 'patient' sista! kiss

I asked a wise man once, and he said ''many women grew up under tension, violence, poverty and hate and the ripple effect is what we see today". [size=20pt]Is this true?[/size] But the essence of being higher animals is to be able to grow past our past, take learnings and be more useful members of society.

Hmmmmm. . . . .

See 'kweshun' o! grin

*too early in a brand-new, peaceful year to ATTEMPT to educate ignorance*>>>>>>>>exits from this end>>>>>>>>>>
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by tbaba1234: 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
Unfortunately, this is true. Many women treat children that are not theirs poorly.

I really do not understand it.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
Something is insanely wrong with gender relations in this country. I know that some other nationalities are very proud of their women and claim they have the best women in the world. I wonder what it is that makes Nigerian men hate their own women so much. undecided
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by lilmax(m): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Something is insanely wrong with gender relations in this country. I know that some other nationalities are very proud of their women and claim they have the best women in the world. I wonder what it is that makes Nigerian men hate their own women so much. undecided
what are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by iykedare(m): 10:33pm On Jan 08, 2015
Question for nairaland women.

@carefreewannabe
This isn't gender bashing in any form. It is the truth.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
iykedare:
Question for nairaland women.

@carefreewannabe
This isn't gender bashing in any form. It is the truth.

It sort of is. The OP could have asked why many Nigerians are brutally abusive and violent, instead of focusing on one gender.

What is the role of the husbands? Why do they allow their wives to employ kids and watch them abusing them and in worse cases rape them themselves? Should we not approach a problem on the different levels it manifests itself at? Solution-oriented. Will we be able to tackle the problem without addressing the by-standers and more importantly ALL active abusers?

What is OP's concern? Is it with the abused, is he speaking from experience, does he want to raise more awareness or simply blame women one-sidedly?

If his concern is with the abused, then it is NECESSARY that he points at ALL abusers, male or female, even those who just watch such wicked acts of cruelty without doing anything against it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Richy4(m): 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
The root of this evil is poverty. if there is a government that look after it's citizens

eg. there is this country that i know and lived in,their unemployed citizens are paid every fortnight. enough for them to have a roof over their head. parent who find themselves unemployed would need not give their kids out to slavery. workers are taxed heavily just to provide this necessities. I will not talk about family planning here because Nature/ God blessed Nigeria with things to help themselves survive. but it is in the hands of few due to bad mgt.

if we have government that doesn't think of their own immediate family but the well been of the citizens, then you will never open this thread again.
we have been praying for change in Nigeria but it will not happen if we keep recycling the same people/ group of people to lead.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by iykedare(m): 11:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
@carefreewannabe

Lol. You have a problem with the Op because he put the blame solely on the women. Right?
The context of this discussion is on women who treat their housemaids badly and not on "abuses meted out to housemaids". The later is another topic for discussion some other day. You just want both gender to take some blame.

You need to see how some women treat these underaged housemaid as slaves. Then you will understand Why the Op is not happy with her fellow women.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 09, 2015
iykedare:
@carefreewannabe

Lol. You have a problem with the Op because he put the blame solely on the women. Right?
The context of this discussion is on women who treat their housemaids badly and not on "abuses meted out to housemaids". The later is another topic for discussion some other day. You just want both gender to take some blame.

You need to see how some women treat these underaged housemaid as slaves. Then you will understand Why the Op is not happy with her fellow women.

I have a problem with the title of this thread.

Why are MOST Nigerian Women brutally abusive?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Women Brutally Abusive? What's Causing This? by Gamesmart: 3:37am On Jan 09, 2015
Most of them have very bad personalities generally.

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Know What To Do / He Needs Your Advice Urgently / Kenyan WOMEN Protest For Lack Of MEN To Make Them Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.