Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? (1569 Views)

People Working For Buhari Are Lying About 2016 Budget — NASS / Malabu OPL 245 - The Summary Of The Controversial Deal / Somebody Must Be Lying About Dasuki - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/2014/06/640x480xPRESIDENT-Goodluck-Jonathan.jpg.pagespeed.ic.eMDKkL7Fh6.webp[/img]

I was going through President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan's Wikipedia page and came across an interesting part.
I was startled. Who's lying on the peaceful PDP President?

Read below:

WIKIPEDIA PAGE ON GOODLUCK JONATHAN
In 2011 Goodluck Jonathan's government facilitated the transfer of payment of $1.1bn to a fake company set up by a controversial former Petroleum Minister under Sani Abacha's corrupt regime, Dan Etete. The fake company, Malabu Oil and Gas was set up in 1998 by Etete using a false identity so as to award himself a lucrative oil block, OPL245, for which he paid only $2m of the $20m legally required by the state.

At the time of Jonathan's government helping to facilitate the transfer of payment from Shell and Eni to the fake company, Etete was already a convicted felon of money laundering in France. The Economist reports that only $800m out of the $1.1bn meant for Malabu Oil and Gas was ever remitted by the Nigerian government. The Nigerian Attorney General, Mohammed Bello Adoke, who signed the documents involved in facilitating the payments, denied the rest was shared by public officials.

The transfer to convicted felon, Etete, only came to public light when a Russian lawyer that claimed to have helped Malabu negotiate a deal with the Jonathan's government sued in New York for a $66m unpaid commission. Both Shell and Eni, as at September 2014, are under investigation for corruption by the UK and Italy authorities for the incidence.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan

THE ECONOMIST.... Chart and Article on The Malabu Deal

.... Among the listed owners of three of the recipient companies is Abubakar Aliyu, who is reported to have close business ties to a senior politician, Diepreiye Alamiesegha, the former governor of Bayelsa state. Mr Alamiesegha’s skills in escapology would impress Houdini. Detained in Britain on money-laundering charges in 2005, he jumped bail. After returning to Nigeria, he was sentenced in 2007 to two years for each of six corruption-related charges, though he served only a few hours in prison.

In March 2013 he received a controversial pardon from Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria’s president. Local press reports have made unsubstantiated allegations linking both the president and Mr Alamiesegha to the Malabu deal.....

http://www.economist.com/news/business/21579469-court-documents-shed-light-manoeuvrings-shell-and-eni-win-huge-nigerian-oil-block

THE FINANCIAL TIMES.... on the Malabu Deal
The deal with Malabu also renews doubts over President Goodluck Jonathan’s pledge to reform the oil sector, coming so soon after a parliamentary report in April which estimated that $7bn was misappropriated from a fuel subsidy programme between 2009 and 2011. The government did not respond to requests for comment, and neither Malabu nor Mr Etete could be reached.
http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/291c7b48-a28a-11e1-a605-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3J7ebrLy3

SAHARA REPORTERS... On the Malabu Deal
.... Investigation by SaharaReporters showed that, as soon as the $1.1 billion was posted to Malabu Oil and Gas London account, it was distributed to the accounts of business associates and cronies of government officials. One of the beneficiaries was a man named Abubakar Aliyu, an individual with close links to President Jonathan.

Mr. Aliyu received $532 (N81 billion) through various companies he owned. Aliyu, notorious for shady deals, has long established business ties to Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, the convicted former governor of Bayelsa state who was recently pardoned by President Jonathan. Mr. Aliyu was also at the center of a NITEL land deal. The shady businessman had bought a parcel of land from the Nigerian government for N1 billion and sold the same land to the Central Bank of Nigeria for N21 billion. Aliyu, long linked with late President Musa Yar’Adua and President Jonathan, is known in Abuja circles as a deal broker who has perfected the art of sharing the loot with government officials who help facilitate his numerous astonishing deals....

http://saharareporters.com/2013/06/16/how-ex-nigerian-petroleum-minister-dan-etete-laundered-millions-dollars

shocked shocked
Is this a fabrication to make GEJ look bad?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by Redoil: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
You are trying hard to rope gej into malabu scam that was committed eons of years ago.
Anybody can edit anybody profile on wikipedia. I have done that a lot of times so tell us another mumu lie.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by laimo(m): 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2015
Why do you think people know Jonathan's government is the most corrupt since independence.

It's because of this same corruption people are being killed in the NE.

Let's save ourselves.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by lacasa: 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2015
GEJ is simply a Thief!.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 2:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
Redoil:
You are trying hard to rope gej into malabu scam that was committed eons of years ago.
Anybody can edit anybody profile on wikipedia. I have done that a lot of times so tell us another mumu lie.

Eons (of years-sic) ago shocked
Did you read the article? These are happenings between 2009 and 2014. I refuse to be tempted to define what an eon, even when used colloquially means. Please Google it.

I envisaged your response about editing a Wikipedia Page hence the excerpts from reputable references i.e. The Economist, Financial Times and Sahara Reporters...

What do you know that absolves GEJ of these scam? I hate to see GEJ slandered.
Please let's have facts and structured arguments

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by pendy79: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
The Government of GEJ is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria, Abacha wasn't as bad as this since he stole $3billion just NNPC alone can't show where $10.8bn disappear to under GEJ.

Imagine the sleaze in Customs, FIRS, MDAs, CRUDE LOADING TERMINALS, OIL BUNKERING, NIMASA, NPA then one can imagine why Abacha can even pass for pardon.

IBB was right when he said his Government will be an Angel if what he reads about corruption in the present government is true.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by buchichukwu69: 3:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
CHISOS!
HOW DID WE EVER ALLOW A CORRUPT PERSON LIKE THIS TO BE OUR PRESIDENT?
WE SHALL NOT FALL FOR ANY SENTIMENT AGAIN.
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by meracool(m): 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
Interesting..
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2015
My issue with these TANoids is they can't hold a good argument about allegations like this.

Someone tell us that this is untrue with evidence and sound argument.

Im still waiting for Redoil for eg.
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by Redoil: 3:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
LRNZH:
My issue with these TANoids is they can't hold a good argument about allegations like this.

Someone tell us that this is untrue with evidence and sound argument.

Im still waiting for Redoil for eg.
i busy watching the mamoth crowd of people at gej rally in lagos. Lagos is standing still for gej why not go and join them instead of posting falshood

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
Redoil:
i busy watching the mamoth crowd of people at gej rally in lagos. Lagos is standing still for gej why not go and join them instead of posting falshood

Clown. Were you not watching the failed rally when you posted this?
Redoil:

It should not be difficult to state why GEJ is not involved in this or to prove that this story is a lie if you have genuine facts. I'm still waiting.
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
Patiently waiting..... grin
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
Waiting for anyone worth his salt to take on Wikipedia, The Economist, Financial Times and Sahara Reporters.

Is GEJ culpable?
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
No excuses....
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 6:29pm On Jan 08, 2015
Waiting
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by sharkhead: 7:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
This government is so corrupt even devil dey shock for our matter! The best we can do is what we are goin to by FEBUHARI...send him back to d waiting handds of Asari! I tire for this government!

The TANOIDS dont show up this days...or jst wait their robots temitemi, tit and roxzay wl soon show up n post their wobbissssh...
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
Bros see as only u create thread dey dance azonto here grin

If you like go edit Wikipedia ooo, ur cup of tea. Me and u know say Jonathan dey kampe till 2019.

See as FOI wen e sign into law dey make all of una blab thrash. Pls tell the APC states to sign theirs into law. I have serious questions for Fashola.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 8:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
calebo101:
Bros see as only u create thread dey dance azonto here grin

If you like go edit Wikipedia ooo, ur cup of tea. Me and u know say Jonathan dey kampe till 2019.

See as FOI wen e sign into law dey make all of una blab thrash. Pls tell the APC states to sign theirs into law. I have serious questions for Fashola.

grin grin
You're cracking me up.

If GEJ dey mess up big time should I not dance azonto?
That your guy is on a self destruct mission. Lying about everything while in Lagos

Congratulations on a very 'successful' Lagos campaign.

So before we change topic to FOI, are you insinuating that Wikipedia's sources are all falsifying information to slander Mr "MEND is now guilty because they endorse GMB"?
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by phlemzy: 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
At IBB's age, he definitely knows what he meant when he said dat he is a saint compared to the present day corruption.
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
Yeah... IBB is truly a saint if you ring up PDP President's.
Re: GEJ's Wikipedia Page: Are They Lying about OPL 245? by LRNZH(m): 5:48am On Jan 09, 2015
Double Post...

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Winning. / United States Protests And Government Action Against Buhari / Clueless Buhari Now Running For Mayor In London See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.