Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,124 members, 7,953,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:02 PM

When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' (3948 Views)

Nigerian Churches Evangelize To The Wrong People! By Nimi Princewill / The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist / How We've Been Praying The Wrong Way All This Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
This the cartoon causing problems in France....

*R.I.P to those that lost their lives*

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
Carton or no carton they are blood thirsty demons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by basilico: 6:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
crouch2014:
This the cartoon causing problems in France....

*R.I.P to those that lost their lives*

When you criticise Islam Muslims will kill you.
Sunni forum and other online fora are very happy about the killings.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Dlionsheart: 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
Chai! Islam, what a religion of peace in the world.

1 Like

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Gmajor(m): 6:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
but how exactly is this pic offensive to muslims ?

1 Like

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by demelza: 6:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
Gmajor:
but how exactly is this pic offensive to muslims ?
The very same thing I was about to ask.
I cannot see the correlation between this and muhammad.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
This is not the cartoon that upset muslims around the world. Those cartoons depicted numerous caricatures of the prophet with a dog's body, and in the nude as well as several deliberately provocative abuses of his person, over a long period of time. They even recently printed a mocking edition sneering at muslims for not having attacked them yet.
While muslims do not expect everyone to believe in his prophethood, moral human behaviour requires that you do not deliberately engage in baseless insults of what other people hold to be sacred. There is nothing wrong with scholarly and logical criticisms of Islam, carried out with a view to share or refute different beliefs, but those cartoons were just plain abuse and even the editor admitted that they were in bad taste, but sold best.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abuamam:
This is not the cartoon that upset muslims around the world. Those cartoons depicted numerous caricatures of the prophet with a dog's body, and in the nude as well as several deliberately provocative abuses of his person, over a long period of time. They even recently printed a mocking edition sneering at muslims for not having attacked them yet.
While muslims do not expect everyone to believe in his prophethood, moral human behaviour requires that you do not deliberately engage in baseless insults of what other people hold to be sacred. There is nothing wrong with scholarly and logical criticisms of Islam, carried out with a view to share or refute different beliefs, but those cartoons were just plain abuse and even the editor admitted that they were in bad taste, but sold best.

you sound like you support the killing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by hahn(m): 6:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abuamam:

In short, you're in support of the killings. Nice

3 Likes

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
hahn:

In short, you're in support of the killings. Nice

Yungwizzzy:

you sound like you support the killing

Your baseless opinions. You printed the wrong cartoon and I corrected you. You asked why muslims feel offended and I explained to you.
That is all.
Obama also condemned the cartoons. I do not believe that you will conclude that he supports the killings.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by hahn(m): 7:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abuamam:

Your baseless opinions. You printed the wrong cartoon and I corrected you. You asked why muslims feel offended and I explained to you.
That is all.
Obama also condemned the cartoons. I do not believe that you will conclude that he supports the killings.

Care to upload the pics?
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by basilico: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
He supports the killing until all religion is for Allah. IN my experience all Muslims just want one thing. Convert everyone to Islam. Show me a single verse that recognises other religions from the Quran. Paste it here where Islam recognized other religion.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
hahn:

Care to upload the pics?

I believe one of your christian brothers has already done so. The opportunity to be charitable with his new found knowledge is irresistible I am sure. Of course we do not believe he is being Christ- like, so no bad feelings against your religion per se.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by hahn(m): 7:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abuamam:

I believe one of your christian brothers has already done so. The opportunity to be charitable with his new found knowledge is irresistible I am sure. Of course we do not believe he is being Christ- like, so no bad feelings against your religion per se.

I'm not into religion. I could care less about islam and christianity with their bombings and extortion
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by PastorKun(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
hahn:

I'm not into religion. I could care less about islam and christianity with their bombings and extortion

True christianity does not extort from anyone. The extortionist are pure charlatans and criminals who twist scriptures to make money from believers.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
hahn:

Good for you, to each his belief. I do have atheist and agnostic friends who are morally more upright than certain others, even I am ashamed to say; a few of my own faith. So I judge no one. As my belief requires me to, I believe that the task of the Final Judgement is God's.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by McSterling(m): 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abuamam:
It still doesn't justify the killings. Nothing is more sacred than human life.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
McSterling:
It still doesn't justify the killings. Nothing is more sacred than human life.

Yaaawnnn. Who is justifying what? Read all the comments before you comment.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by paulGrundy(m): 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
This is the actual cartoon causing problem in france. Even as at that, I don't see anything insultive in it.

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Ranchhoddas: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abuamam:

That is all.
When did Obama condemn the cartoons?Provide links please.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Ranchhoddas: 8:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abuamam:
There is no justification whatsoever for cold- blooded murder.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by McSterling(m): 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abuamam:

Yaaawnnn. Who is justifying what? Read all the comments before you comment.
Who says I didn't read all the comments? I might be wrong but you sounded like you were trying to justify the killings.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ranchhoddas:
When did Obama condemn the cartoons?Provide links please.

Hey bro. Google the thing now. How hard is that?
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by dorox(m): 9:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
The despicable and barbaric reactions of muslims around the world over trivial things like cartoon has convinced me the Prophet Muhammad is more unclean than the pigs he refused to eat.

2 Likes

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by paulGrundy(m): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2015
dorox:
The despicable and barbaric reactions of muslims around the world over trivial things like cartoon has convinced me the Prophet Muhammad is more unclean than the pigs he refused to eat.

shocked shocked shocked coming from a well known promoter of islam in this forum.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by EdDave(m): 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
If this is what Islam is about, then i have lost all respect for it. As hypocritic as christians are, you will never hear that they stabbed, shot or blew up people because of a cartoon. That is barbaric.

Na only una waka come?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Ranchhoddas: 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
Abuamam:

Hey bro. Google the thing now. How hard is that?
Show us.how hard is that?
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by dorox(m): 11:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
Here are some good ones

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by paulGrundy(m): 11:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
Tags: seun

Please kindly remove the pix above me before it causes serious problems for nairaland.
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by hahn(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2015
Abuamam:

Good for you, to each his belief. I do have atheist and agnostic friends who are morally more upright than certain others, even I am ashamed to say; a few of my own faith. So I judge no one. As my belief requires me to, I believe that the task of the Final Judgement is God's.

Apprarently, you get sense. Let's overlook our earlier misunderstanding and I apologise for attacking you. I honestly haven't seen the pictures though but whoever posted it is really myopic. I sincerely appreciate how muslims consider their religion sacred and its totally unacceptable to make fun of one's belief
Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by lastmessenger: 8:25am On Jan 09, 2015
paulGrundy:
Tags: seun

Please kindly remove the pix above me before it causes serious problems for nairaland.
I don't support you. These guys should learn to live with criticisms in words or pictures. Only then will I respect them.

2 Likes

Re: When Cartoons Upset 'the Wrong People' by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 09, 2015
hahn:

Apprarently, you get sense. Let's overlook our earlier misunderstanding and I apologise for attacking you. I honestly haven't seen the pictures though but whoever posted it is really myopic. I sincerely appreciate how muslims consider their religion sacred and its totally unacceptable to make fun of one's belief

Criticism is not attack, neither does it lead to misunderstanding. I do not hate someone because he likes Ford and I like Toyota. Contrary to popular narrative, most knowledgeable muslims welcome healthy debate carried on in an intelligent and scholarly manner. Our prophet's companion once said that the best of friends is one who tells you your faults to your face and defends you behind your back.
Degrading cartoons and mudslinging on the other hand, prove nothing except the perpetrator's paucity of concrete proof and a lack of confidence in his belief. You know; the "since I can never rise up to your level, let me bring you down to mine" kind of behaviour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Things No One Ever Told You About The Dreaded Ogboni Fraternity / Who Is In Abuja? Let's Discuss Or Debate In Person. / Christian Terrorism [the Peak Of Hypocrisy]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.