Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? (3844 Views)

Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / Today You Shall Be With Me In Paradise, But Jesus Went Straight To Hell / Ooni Of Ife’s Spirit Knocked My Door In Nigeria On The Day He Died – Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by MizJanet(f): 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2015

According to mainstream christianity , the spirit in man is the immaterial part of man which escapes the body at death . Most christians attend chuch services to save their spirit coz its d most important to them NOT this body of flesh which will rot away .

So thats why most of them says " humans are spirit that lives in a body" , pls re -read that statement again . You will discover that the real human is a spirit, while the body is just a shed . Hehehe grin

Ask me why i laugh , its because the christian Jesus came as a human , therefore he is a spirit that lives in a body . When did he go to heaven ?

According to luke 23:46 , he says " father, into your hands i entrust MY SPIRIT" , huh , hope you know the father lives in heaven . That shows that the real spirit called Jesus went to the father in heaven the day he died .

But how come he still denied that he has not ascend to the Father ? John 20:17 , How come the bible still claim its 40 days after his resurection ?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by malvisguy212: 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
MizJanet:

According to mainstream christianity , the spirit in man is the immaterial part of man which escapes the body at death . Most christians attend chuch services to save their spirit coz its d most important to them NOT this body of flesh which will rot away .

So thats why most of them says " humans are spirit that lives in a body" , pls re -read that statement again . You will discover that the real human is a spirit, while the body is just a shed . Hehehe grin

Ask me why i laugh , its because the christian Jesus came as a human , therefore he is a spirit that lives in a body . When did he go to heaven ?

According to luke 23:46 , he says " father, into your hands i entrust MY SPIRIT" , huh , hope you know the father lives in heaven . That shows that the real spirit called Jesus went to the father in heaven the day he died .

But how come he still denied that he has not ascend to the Father ? John 20:17 , How come the bible still claim its 40 days after his resurection ?

you ask a question and your canal mind cannot understand the truth when it was presented to you.

ALL what you wrote up there is wrong, seriously wrong!!!

You say this;

This was Jesus prayer on the cross when dying And you assume God the father answer this prayer of Jesus? (a dying man on the cross) wrong, infacte God forsake Him on the cross,why? Because his spirit is not pure, He carry the sins of the world,
Isaiah 53:4-5
Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace
was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

Verse four say WE considered him PUNISHED by God, the points is this, Jesus die on the cross for our sin and the bible make it clear that God cannot beholds sin ,so that prayer was rejected
Infacte when Jesus say "my God why has thou forsake me" this prayer prove my point.

Jesus did not deny ascended to the father, the reason he did not want Mary to touch him is because Jesus has already crucified the sins of the world and if Mary touch him will stain the PURITY of Jesus, infacte Mary could be killed because a sinner cannot come near the holy of holies.

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by malvisguy212: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
If the op cannot accepts this simple explanation, then am sorry, her mind is corrupted by satan, the truth mean lies to her just as Paul say:
1 Corinthians1:25
For the foolishness of God is wiser than
human wisdom, and the weakness of
God is stronger than human strength

What Paul is saying here is this;when we preach christ crucifix the unbelievers say "this is the foolishness of God" because they don't want to here someone died for there sin so they called it foolishness of God.but Paul is saying what they called foolish is beyond there wisest thinking and it is the ONLY way that can be save.
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by MizJanet(f): 11:34pm On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
you ask a question and your canal mind cannot understand the truth when it was presented to you.

You say this;

This was Jesus prayer on the cross when dying And you assume God the father answer this prayer of Jesus? (a dying man on the cross) wrong, infacte God forsake Him on the cross,why? Because his spirit is not pure, He carry the sins of the world,
and bore our suffering,
was on him,

Verse four say WE considered him PUNISHED by God, the points is this, Jesus die on the cross for our sin and the bible make it clear that God cannot beholds sin ,so that prayer was rejected
Infacte when Jesus say "my God why has thou forsake me" this prayer prove my point.

this guy you can lie o, who told you his father did not accept his prayer bcoz his spirit is not pure, how many xtians and jews that pray to God are pure ? Yet you belive he hears that one despite u people aint pure . That shows you are saying trash

Was Jesus statement answered? " yes" ! Coz he died immediately after making that statement, which parallels james 2:26 cheesy , "body without spirit is DEAD" . No wonder his death happened immediately cheesy

Jesus did not deny ascended to the father,

Keep contradicting youself

the reason he did not want Mary to touch him is because Jesus has already crucified the sins of the world and if Mary touch him will stain the PURITY of Jesus, infacte Mary could be killed because a sinner cannot come near the holy of holies.

Who ask you all these ?

*** product of religious fanaticism

THE QUESTION STILL STANDS

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by MizJanet(f): 11:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
[s] If the op cannot accepts this simple explanation, then am sorry, her mind is corrupted by satan, the truth mean lies to her just as Paul say:
1 Corinthians1:25
For the foolishness of God is wiser than
human wisdom, and the weakness of
God is stronger than human strength

What Paul is saying here is this;when we preach christ crucifix the unbelievers say "this is the foolishness of God" because they don't want to here someone died for there sin so they called it foolishness of God.but Paul is saying what they called foolish is beyond there wisest thinking and it is the ONLY way that can be save. [/s]

Seems u already know your explanation is full of holes , James 2:26 alone destroys your whole explanation cheesy

Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by malvisguy212: 5:26am On Jun 13, 2015
MizJanet:

this guy you can lie o, who told you his father did not accept his prayer bcoz his spirit is not pure, how many xtians and jews that pray to God are pure ? Yet you belive he hears that one despite u people aint pure . That shows you are saying trash

Was Jesus statement answered? " yes" ! Coz he died immediately after making that statement, which parallels james 2:26 cheesy , "body without spirit is DEAD" . No wonder his death happened immediately cheesy

Keep contradicting youself

Who ask you all these ?

*** product of religious fanaticism

THE QUESTION STILL STANDS
if God the father accepts his prayer on the cross,Jesus will not cry "why has thou forsake me" even when I gave you isaiah 53 that prove Jesus carry the sins of human meaning his spirit is not pure and I went on to prove to you God cannot beholds sin meaning Jesus spirit do not ascend to heaven YET you say I was lying? Ok enjoy your thread.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by MizJanet(f): 9:46am On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
if God the father accepts his prayer on the cross,Jesus will not cry "why has thou forsake me"

Shut up! I hate empty deception and lies , he made the statement at the op AFTER sayin ' why has thou forsake me' not before saying it, which would have mean his prayer wasnt answered, but the statement was made as the final statement , and his death was the evidence of acceptance - see James 2:26 , so u have no point here .

Even when I gave you isaiah 53 that prove Jesus carry the sins of human meaning his spirit is not pure and I went on to prove to you God cannot beholds sin meaning Jesus spirit do not ascend to heaven YET you say I was lying? Ok enjoy your thread.

Whether He Carry Sin or he doesnt , he ( Jesus ) is pure and sinless says 1peter 2:22 'he commit no sin' , so u have no point!

cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2015
Proverbs 20:1:- "wine is a mocker,strong drink is raging,those who are deceived thereof is NOT WISE"..
it is clear that the OP high and she is not wise..

She has no intentions to learn,she just wanna mock..
Why dont you just stick to ur Athiesm and be Happy,what dont mind ur Atheism business..

My advice for U @OP..Stick to ur convictions as an Athiest while many(including myself) will stick to being STEWARDS of the REDEMPTIVE REALITIES IN CHRIST.
SELAH

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 13, 2015
the issue of spirit,soul and body..Many do not understand it..

People have a wrong misconception like only the spirit of born again,the body and soul is the same way as though the person is not born again.

At the point of salvation,everything is now of God,both spirit soul and body

1thess5:23:-And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly:and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1cor 3:16
1cor 6:19 "know ye not that ur BODY is the Temple of the HOLY GHOST and ye are not your own"
20 For ye are bought with a price;therefore glorify God in your body and in your Spirit which are God's
Also see Rom12:1-2
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:

You say this;

and bore our suffering,
was on him,

Jesus did not deny ascended to the father, the reason he did not want Mary to touch him is because Jesus has already crucified the sins of the world and if Mary touch him will stain the PURITY of Jesus, infacte Mary could be killed because a sinner cannot come near the holy of holies.
so your god didn't even die afterall,he made a poor human flesh he possessed go through all the pain,suffering and death while he claims all the ignominy glory angry
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
crusadistic:
so your god didn't even die afterall,he made a poor human flesh he possessed go through all the pain,suffering and death while he claims all the ignominy glory angry

Its worthless to argue with athiests no matter how much time u spend explaining because they are children of disobedience,the ones whom the devil has blinded their minds2cor4:1-6.
They can never fathom..they can never be stewards of the manifold grace of God..
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by malvisguy212: 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
MizJanet:

Shut up! I hate empty deception and lies , he made the statement at the op AFTER sayin ' why has thou forsake me' not before saying it, which would have mean his prayer wasnt answered, but the statement was made as the final statement , and his death was the evidence of acceptance - see James 2:26 , so u have no point here .

Whether He Carry Sin or he doesnt , he ( Jesus ) is pure and sinless says 1peter 2:22 'he commit no sin' , so u have no point!

cheesy
how old are you?Jesus is sinless,YES, why did he die? Is it not for the sins of the world? The price was paid on the cross, he nail the sins of the world there" buried with sin ALIVE in christ" on the cross,his spirit was with sin so God did not here is prayer meaning his spirit did not ascend to heaven as you say. If you do not stop this deception, God will judge you soon.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by CaptainJune: 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
Mizjanet, if being an atheist makes you happy then by all means be happy. It is quite unnecessary to create threads to mock the Christian doctrines and beliefs as they run counter to yours. So immature.

Btw, why are you interested in the death of Jesus if you never believe He exists? Now I'm curious. undecided
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by dolphinheart(m): 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:

You say this;

and bore our suffering,
was on him,

Questions
1.If jesus spirit did not go to his God, where did it go to? At least it must go or stay somewhere if the mainstream teaching of spirit is true. Pls add scriptural proves.

3.If the spirit of jesus did not go to heaven cus he is not pure at the point of death, does that mean that no spirit has gone back to God cus they are all sinners ?

2.5 if jesus prayer was not answered cus he was not pure, is his promise to the thief beside him also not pure?

3. Was Stephens prayer answered at the point of his stoning?

4. Other prophets that were killed violently, where they also forsaken by God? Where are their spirits now.?

5 if Mary touching jesus will stain the purity of jesus, did the other disciples touch jesus, yes or no. Will these stain jesus purity?

6. What did jesus really mean when he said that he has not ascended to the father yet.

7. If humans are spirit in a body, when did the spirit enter the body ?.
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by dolphinheart(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
sportsmaster:
the issue of spirit,soul and body..Many do not understand it..

People have a wrong misconception like only the spirit of born again,the body and soul is the same way as though the person is not born again.

At the point of salvation,everything is now of God,both spirit soul and body

1thess5:23:-And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly:and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1cor 3:16
1cor 6:19 "know ye not that ur BODY is the Temple of the HOLY GHOST and ye are not your own"
20 For ye are bought with a price;therefore glorify God in your body and in your Spirit which are God's
Also see Rom12:1-2

In laymans terms, what is body, what is spirit, what is soul?
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by Pr0ton: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:

You say this;

and bore our suffering,
was on him,

How do you explain this then?

Hebrews 5:7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by Pr0ton: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
sportsmaster:

Its worthless to argue with athiests no matter how much time u spend explaining because they are children of disobedience,the ones whom the devil has blinded their minds2cor4:1-6.
They can never fathom..they can never be stewards of the manifold grace of God..

Its worthy to argue with athiests no matter how much time u spend explaining because they are good children of nature, the ones who are ready to heal the blinded mind.
They can never fathom..they can never be stewards of the manifold grace of an imaginary God..
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by malvisguy212: 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pr0ton:

How do you explain this then?

Hebrews 5:7 During the days of Jesus’ life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
there is different from heard and answer, save from death mean after 3 days he was ressurected.
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by malvisguy212: 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
dolphinheart:

Questions
1.If jesus spirit did not go to his God, where did it go to? At least it must go or stay somewhere if the mainstream teaching of spirit is true. Pls add scriptural proves.

3.If the spirit of jesus did not go to heaven cus he is not pure at the point of death, does that mean that no spirit has gone back to God cus they are all sinners ?

2.5 if jesus prayer was not answered cus he was not pure, is his promise to the thief beside him also not pure?

4. Other prophets that were killed violently, where they also forsaken by God? Where are their spirits now.?

5 if Mary touching jesus will stain the purity of jesus, did the other disciples touch jesus, yes or no. Will these stain jesus purity?

6. What did jesus really mean when he said that he has not ascended to the father yet.

I am busy now.
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by Pr0ton: 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
there is different from heard and answer, save from death mean after 3 days he was ressurected.

Petty ways Christians run out of trouble...
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by Zillionglobal(m): 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
@OP HERE IS YOUR ANSA: When Jesus died, his spirit went to the lower part of the earth (HELL) where he took the keys of hell and death and moved paradise which was close to hell to the 3rd heaven. TAKE NOTE: Before the death of Christ, holy men who died long ago went to PARADISE (samuel, Abraham etc) but Jesus went relocated it to the third heaven, that was why many graves opened @ his death and went into the holy city(mathew 27).
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by malvisguy212: 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
dolphinheart:

Questions

the mistake you are doing now is comparing Jesus and other prophet, Jesus has two nature, God and man, the bible make it clear "God is a spirit" a spirit cannot die meaning at the cross it was his human nature that is crying with pain. There is something you need to know about Jesus ministry, when you approach him as God you will have a Godly reply, peter called him God and Thomas called him God and Jesus reply was Godly reply and also on the cross , When the criminal make a request, he aknowleged Jesus as God by calling Him LORD and Jesus answer was in Godly response. That is how the TWO nature works , Jesus did not deny being human or God. So at the cross when he commit his spirit, it was his human nature.he went to hades ;
Acts 2:31
31 Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay.

Also this verse;
1 Peter 3:18-20
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins,
the righteous for the unrighteous, to
bring you to God. He was put to death in
the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19
After being made alive,[a] he went and
made proclamation to the imprisoned
spirits— 20 to those who were
disobedient long ago when God waited
patiently in the days of Noah while the
ark was being built. In it only a few
people, eight in all, were saved through
water,

He commit his spirit does not mean his spirit ascend to hell. Infacte some bible passage say he commend his spirit;
Luke 23:46
King James Bible
And when Jesus had cried with a loud
voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I
commend my spirit: and having said
thus, he gave up the ghost.

Sheol/hades was a realm with two
divisions a place of blessing and a
place of judgment ( Matthew 11:23; 16:18; Luke 10:15; 16:23; Acts 2:27–31).
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by dolphinheart(m): 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
the mistake you are doing now is comparing Jesus and other prophet, Jesus has two nature, God and man, the bible make it clear "God is a spirit" a spirit cannot die meaning at the cross it was his human nature that is crying with pain. There is something you need to know about Jesus ministry, when you approach him as God you will have a Godly reply, peter called him God and Thomas called him God and Jesus reply was Godly reply and also on the cross , When the criminal make a request, he aknowleged Jesus as God by calling Him LORD and Jesus answer was in Godly response. That is how the TWO nature works , Jesus did not deny being human or God. So at the cross when he commit his spirit, it was his human nature.he went to hades ;
31 Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay.

Also this verse;
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins,
bring you to God. He was put to death in
the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19
After being made alive,[a] he went and
made proclamation to the imprisoned
disobedient long ago when God waited
patiently in the days of Noah while the
people, eight in all, were saved through
water,

He commit his spirit does not mean his spirit ascend to hell. Infacte some bible passage say he commend his spirit;
Luke 23:46
King James Bible
And when Jesus had cried with a loud
voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I
commend my spirit: and having said
thus, he gave up the ghost.

Sheol/hades was a realm with two
divisions a place of blessing and a
place of judgment ( Matthew 11:23; 16:18; Luke 10:15; 16:23; Acts 2:27–31).

Pls, I deliberately numbered the questions so that mumble jumble answers will not occur, so that anybody reading the post can understand the answers to each one.

Do not look at my percieved mistake, do not pre-judge me, do not form a conclusion out of my questions while still not answering them.
If you cannot give answers in the format I asked them (numbering) , then pls don't reply and let me ask some one else .

This post beings futher questions

8.where in the bible is it stated that jesus had two natures at the same time? Is the Godly nature part/in/the spirit of jesus, or is his Godly nature seperate from his spirit?

What do understand by the statements in Phil 2:7?

9 if jesus had two natures , pls can we know what happened to his Godly nature at his death? Where did that nature go to?

10. What bible verse(s) tell us a spirit cannot die?

11. If jesus has two natures and uses his Godly nature to answer Godly request, why is it that the Godly nature does not know the answer to Godly questions posed to him by his disciples.?

Note: sheol/ hades is also hell right? . The bible verses you quoted does not say anything on divisions in hell. By the way , those bible verses made mention of the soul and not the spirit going into the realm of the dead. If jesus spirit did not go to God, where did it go? Note again, for at death the spirit leaves the soul, did jesus spirit and soul go to hell separately?
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by malvisguy212: 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
dolphinheart:

Pls, I deliberately numbered the questions so that mumble jumble answers will not occur, so that anybody reading the post can understand the answers to each one.

Do not look at my percieved mistake, do not pre-judge me, do not form a conclusion out of my questions while still not answering them.
If you cannot give answers in the format I asked them (numbering) , then pls don't reply and let me ask some one else .

This post beings futher questions

8.where in the bible is it stated that jesus had two natures at the same time? Is the Godly nature part/in/the spirit of jesus, or is his Godly nature seperate from his spirit?

What do understand by the statements in Phil 2:7?

9 if jesus had two natures , pls can we know what happened to his Godly nature at his death? Where did that nature go to?

10. What bible verse(s) tell us a spirit cannot die?

11. If jesus has two natures and uses his Godly nature to answer Godly request, why is it that the Godly nature does not know the answer to Godly questions posed to him by his disciples.?

Note: sheol/ hades is also hell right? . The bible verses you quoted does not say anything on divisions in hell. By the way , those bible verses made mention of the soul and not the spirit going into the realm of the dead. If jesus spirit did not go to God, where did it go? Note again, for at death the spirit leaves the soul, did jesus spirit and soul go to hell separately?
am sorry, I don't know how to quote post by post and also I don't like arguing a brother. I will just say less and go.

1. Jesus has two natures -- He is God
and man.
2. Each nature is full and complete --
He is fully God and fully man.
3. Each nature remains distinct.
4. Christ is only one Person.
5. Things that are true of only one
nature are nonetheless true of the
Person of Christ.
JESUS IS GOD
The bible teaches that Jesus is not just an ordinary man, He is divine in nature;
Titus 2:13
13 waiting for our blessed hope, the
appearing of the glory of our great
God and Savior Jesus Christ,

the book of Hebrews gives us God the Father's direct testimony about Christ: "But of the Son He says, 'Thy throne, O GOD, is forever and ever"
JESUS IS MAN
It should be obvious that if Jesus is God,
then He has always been God. There was a NEVER a time when He became God, for God is eternal. But Jesus has NOT always been man. John 1 say the word became flesh, the word is IMMATERIAL and he became flesh "MATERIAL" and scripture go on to say He made HIS dwellings among US (human). the points is this there is NO verse Jesus became God but there is verse were He became Man. Hope you understand? Infacte uptil TODAY as we speak, Jesus IS still fully man and fully God.

This is your questions:
9 if Jesus had two natures , pls can we
know what happened to his Godly nature
at his death? Where did that nature go
to?
Answer:
the nature went to sheol and hades to judge those who died before His coming,but the human nature remain in the grave and after 3days he ressurected.
10. What bible verse(s) tell us a spirit
cannot die?
Answer:
Spirit is eternal, spirit is immaterial,the bible never say spirit die, but it did say God can destroyed the soul to HELL
11. If Jesus has two natures and uses his
Godly nature to answer Godly request,
why is it that the Godly nature does not
know the answer to Godly questions
posed to him by his disciples.?
Answer:
which question and verse is it?
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by MizJanet(f): 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
how old are you?Jesus is sinless,YES, why did he die? Is it not for the sins of the world? The price was paid on the cross, he nail the sins of the world there" buried with sin ALIVE in christ" on the cross,his spirit was with sin so God did not here is prayer meaning his spirit did not ascend to heaven as you say. If you do not stop this deception, God will judge you soon.

JAMES 2:26 says " body without spirit is Dead" , why should he die imediately if his prayer wasnt answered ? grin , his death proves that spirit has gone out of him, to where ? He himself says to The father in heaven . Thats the prove .
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by malvisguy212: 10:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
MizJanet:

JAMES 2:26 says " body without spirit is Dead" , why should he die imediately if his prayer wasnt answered ? grin , his death proves that spirit has gone out of him, to where ? He himself says to The father in heaven . Thats the prove .
he died and his spirit went to sheol and hades.
31 Seeing what was to come, he
spoke of the resurrection of the
Messiah, that he was not abandoned
to the realm of the dead, nor did his
body see decay.
Also this verse;
18 For Christ also suffered once for
sins,
bring you to God. He was put to
death in
the body but made alive in the Spirit.
After being made alive,[a] he went
and
made proclamation to the
imprisoned
disobedient long ago when God
waited
patiently in the days of Noah while
the
people, eight in all, were saved
through
water,
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by MizJanet(f): 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
he died and his spirit went to sheol and hades.
31 Seeing what was to come, he
spoke of the resurrection of the
Messiah, that he was not abandoned
to the realm of the dead, nor did his
body see decay.
Also this verse;
18 For Christ also suffered once for
sins,
bring you to God. He was put to
death in
the body but made alive in the Spirit.
After being made alive,[a] he went
and
made proclamation to the
imprisoned
disobedient long ago when God
waited
patiently in the days of Noah while
the
people, eight in all, were saved
through
water,

Nice contradiction , his spirit return to the father ( luke 23:46)

Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by MizJanet(f): 10:52pm On Jun 13, 2015
sportsmaster:
Proverbs 20:1:- "wine is a mocker,strong drink is raging,those who are deceived thereof is NOT WISE"..
it is clear that the OP high and she is not wise..

She has no intentions to learn,she just wanna mock..
Why dont you just stick to ur Athiesm and be Happy,what dont mind ur Atheism business..

My advice for U @OP..Stick to ur convictions as an Athiest while many(including myself) will stick to being STEWARDS of the REDEMPTIVE REALITIES IN CHRIST.
SELAH

Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by MizJanet(f): 11:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
CaptainJune:
Mizjanet, if being an atheist makes you happy then by all means be happy. It is quite unnecessary to create threads to mock the Christian doctrines and beliefs as they run counter to yours. So immature.

Btw, why are you interested in the death of Jesus if you never believe He exists? Now I'm curious. undecided

lol, full of mockery @ bold

Besides , are you not the guy telling someone to visit a brothel , practising xtian

CaptainJune
Just go find one cheap brothel and release your konji kia kia. You're talking and thinking with your third leg bro .....

http:// www.nairaland.com/2338756/ishiq-bello-appointed-fct-chief-judge/1#34120263

I dont have your time .
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by dolphinheart(m): 12:25am On Jun 14, 2015
malvisguy212:
am sorry, I don't know how to quote post by post and also I don't like arguing a brother. I will just say less and go.

1. Jesus has two natures -- He is God
and man.
2. Each nature is full and complete --
He is fully God and fully man.
3. Each nature remains distinct.
4. Christ is only one Person.
5. Things that are true of only one
nature are nonetheless true of the
Person of Christ.
JESUS IS GOD
The bible teaches that Jesus is not just an ordinary man, He is divine in nature;
Titus 2:13
13 waiting for our blessed hope, the
appearing of the glory of our great
God and Savior Jesus Christ,

the book of Hebrews gives us God the Father's direct testimony about Christ: "But of the Son He says, 'Thy throne, O GOD, is forever and ever"
JESUS IS MAN
It should be obvious that if Jesus is God,
then He has always been God. There was a NEVER a time when He became God, for God is eternal. But Jesus has NOT always been man. John 1 say the word became flesh, the word is IMMATERIAL and he became flesh "MATERIAL" and scripture go on to say He made HIS dwellings among US (human). the points is this there is NO verse Jesus became God but there is verse were He became Man. Hope you understand? Infacte uptil TODAY as we speak, Jesus IS still fully man and fully God.

This is your questions:
9 if Jesus had two natures , pls can we
know what happened to his Godly nature
at his death? Where did that nature go
to?
Answer:
the nature went to sheol and hades to judge those who died before His coming,but the human nature remain in the grave and after 3days he ressurected.
10. What bible verse(s) tell us a spirit
cannot die?
Answer:
Spirit is eternal, spirit is immaterial,the bible never say spirit die, but it did say God can destroyed the soul to HELL
11. If Jesus has two natures and uses his
Godly nature to answer Godly request,
why is it that the Godly nature does not
know the answer to Godly questions
posed to him by his disciples.?
Answer:
which question and verse is it?

Maybe you misunderstood my request, I did not say you should quote my post but rather, use the numbering format in which the questions where asked. For example if you want to answer question 1, just type 1. And then ur view or answer. You do that for question 2 and the rest.

This is a discussion , not an argument.
I do not want us to digress to the issue of who jesus is, as i see it as a distraction from the issue of jesus spirit and where it went when it died. So let's stick to jesus spirit around the time of his death for now.

On Q 8.
I don't know if you attempted to answer the question in ur post or not . But if your view of the two natures of jesus is based on the premise that he was God before he became flesh, I will like you to add the verse I quoted in the question to ur explanation. The verse is Phil 2:7. Let's not ommit it when discussing number 8.
Added to number 8, does the (fully God) godly nature of jesus have the same authority as he had while he was in heaven and when he went back to heaven?

On Q 9.
You gave us ur view without using the bible to back it up. how do we know ur views are true as to where jesus went if you wunt tell us where in the bible such was written . Are you saying his natures went in different directions when he died?
Is sheol/hades different from the grave? Bible proof pls.
So pls you have to revisit question 9.

On Q 10.
So ur belief that the spirit is eternal is based on the statement that " the bible never said the spirit can die? Is there no bible verse to butress this view of the eternity of the spirit?

On Q 11.
These are the verses.
In mark 13:4 , jesus disciples asked him questions relating to when a particular event will happen. Jesus stated later that he does not know when the event will happen . Why does his Godly nature not know this .
Also a request was made to his Godly nature in matt 20: 20 -23 and he made them know that he is not in a position to grant that request. Why is that?

Pls you did not answer Q 1- 7 .
Re: Did Jesus Went To Heaven The Day He Died Or 40 Days After ? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 14, 2015
[quote author=MizJanet post=34745577][/quote]

I am very sure that its a TERMINAL DISEASE that will make you retrace ur steps back to the BISHOP OF YOUR SOUL.
MARK MY WORDS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sango Is Superior To The Christian God (jehovah) / Is The Brain Of An Atheist Intelligently Designed? / Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.