Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? (6556 Views)

New Oba Of Benin Hysteria: Time To Bring Deluded Binis Back To Reality / The Great Benin Kingdom (historical Analogy Of The Binis) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
This thread is by no means created to stir hate or create rancour amongst the binis..its just a simple observation made over my years in Edo state regarding their women..

Ok..i have stayed in benin,edo state all through my life and its safe to ask this question..
Why do men married to bini women die really fast and the women end up been the head of all his properties?
I stayed with my parents at Uwasota,benin city..and all through my about 10years there,i saw all kinds of binis..the calm,the wild and the traditional serving women..I grew up in a compound where the man died really early and the woman became the sole owner of d vast properties left by d man..living with her kids and grandmother,they ruled like gods..they make all sorts of threats..They even were deep into the olokun worship and sometimes in public.. It manifested on 1 of
the daughters which made people run from her..
Thankfully,dad moved to a better position and all bcame well and this time around.. Almost every bini woman lives alone around our permanent settlement with story of divorce or death of husbands..Some wives even end up living in rented apartments after their wealthy husband's demise..

Is It that the bini women are so troublesome That their husbands dnt last long or do they in anyway through their spiritual form harm their husbamds in other to gain properties?
I av seen other tribes who last with their hisbands but with a bini woman,its a scary movie..
They quarel like they own ththe world..
If not careful,some of them can use spiritual warfare against you..y is this? Where they created specially to create problems?
No offence to the binis especially d men and d few good women but am from Edo and i av seen enough to be sure of what am posting..
So bini women,wat is your actual problem?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Lilamartedi(f): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
Lol. Lemme book space tongue

It seems like you have found a bini girl you want to marry but scared of the aforementioned. Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2015
Lilamartedi:
Lol. Lemme book space tongue

It seems like you have found a bini girl you want to marry but scared of the aforementioned. Yes or No?
Fear never even let me reason dating a bini..av meet lotsa tribes but never bini..

1 Like

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
Heading 2 bini now 2 confirm & if it turns out 2b a lie after doing sum investigations. Oga Op, ama find u..

1 Like

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
hmm
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Lilamartedi(f): 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
SuperMartins:
Fear never even let me reason dating a bini..av meet lotsa tribes but never bini..
Well what you said is true to an extent. I was born and raised in Benin but I'm not a bini girl, so I've also seen lotsa cases like what you said .

It's not only peculiar to the bini people, even the Esans too are guilty of it. But still there are still some good ones among them

3 Likes

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by 20bc(m): 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
Yes Bini people are sometimes traditional worshipers and other spiritual practices but that doesn't mean that their women likes killing their husband or are witch's as said by my most Nigerians. Those women you see living as tenants are mostly the last wife, the husband's properties must have been sheared by the children of the first, second,and even the third wife leaving nothing for the last one. Its hard before you will see any rich/famous family with the first wife suffering. The average Bini man marries up to five wives. The part been troublesome is some how true to some extent that's why esan's finds it hard to marry them.. But Bini girls are the best they are very caring and knows how to cook soup very well
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2015
Lilamartedi:
Well what you said is true to an extent. I was born and raised in Benin but I'm not a bini girl, so I've also seen lotsa cases like what you said .

It's not only peculiar to the bini people, even the Esans too are guilty of it. But still there are still some good ones among them
I rather stick to Esans..less drama
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Mprex(f): 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
When i was young, i always hear people say that benin is the headquatres for witchcraft in Nigeria.
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
20bc:
Yes Bini people are sometimes traditional worshipers and other spiritual practices but that doesn't mean that their women likes killing their husband or are witch's as said by my most Nigerians. Those women you see living as tenants are mostly the last wife, the husband's properties must have been sheared by the children of the first, second,and even the third wife leaving nothing for the last one.
Ok..Semi-valid points
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by elantraceey(f): 8:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
I just want to reserve my comment because if i say what i want to say it will only be out of anger .

So martins we are husband killers abi , issorai
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by elantraceey(f): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2015
SuperMartins:

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
elantraceey:

undecided undecided undecided
Aww..dearie,u dnt act bini atall..
Am sorry..You really amongst d special breeds..
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by 20bc(m): 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
elantraceey:
I just want to reserve my comment because if i say what i want to say it will only be out of anger .

pls dear what part of Benin are you from?
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by monalicious(f): 8:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
i haven't noticed the part where d men die an the women inherit thier properties,maybe its d area.bt i hv heard that there are more land ladies.i am benin and proud to be too, and i think i have an opinion why there are more land ladies.most edo men like to run away from their responsibilities, especially when it comes to taking care of their children, benin women (atleast in d part where i come from), struggle to take care of their children and when these kids grow up n become successful, its only natural that they take care of their mothers more. In actual fact, d men are not dead, just that the children focus more on their mothers and make them land ladies.i just hope my write up isn't confusing.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
monalicious:
i haven't noticed the part where d men die an the women inherit thier properties,maybe its d area.bt i hv heard that there are more land ladies.i am benin and proud to be too, and i think i have an opinion why there are more land ladies.most edo men like to run away from their responsibilities, especially when it comes to taking care of their children, benin women (atleast in d part where i come from), struggle to take care of their children and when these kids grow up n become successful, its only natural that they take care of their mothers more. In actual fact, d men are not dead, just that the children focus more on their mothers and make them land ladies.i just hope my write up isn't confusing.
oh! Ok,thankx for this..at least am abit eligthened..
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Percentile: 8:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Heading 2 bini 2 confirm & if it's a lie after doing sum investigation. Oga Op, ama find u..

Lol cheesy
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mprex:
When i was young, i always hear people say that benin is the headquatres for witchcraft in Nigeria.
lol..i dunno oo b4 i start av'n sleepless nyts..
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
elantraceey:

i didnt say all bini women.. "some"
Infact ,"most"..but we also av d good,character balanced bini women..am sorry if i went too far with my thoughts smiley
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
Sincerely,Most Bini Men are atrocious and based on the facts that the so called ancestors revenge such atrocious deeds...They tend to die early,because that's usually the wage of such deeds.....Also,Most of their women adulterous and the price in Bini is the death of the first son or some unless they appease and settle the matter...You can't tell when the curse has its effect,it can be @an early stage it can be later on......Most die @d age of 40-49.....Terrible tho........undecided

3 Likes

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Lilamartedi(f): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
SuperMartins:
I rather stick to Esans..less drama
Lol.

I think you also need to know that most of this men you think are dead are in actuality not dead, they travel out of the country in search of greener pastures for theirselves and their families and most likely do not return back home. They might have possibly met a white woman and started another family whilst still sending money back home, hence leaving the wives to inherit properties and becoming landladies like you said

Also most of this women are probably second or third wives to very prominent Chiefs or rich men who might have decided to share his properties to the various wives, who then go their separate ways to become landladies

Op do you also know that most of this women struggled to send their children out of the country who in return send their mothers money that enable them own lands all over the city?

1 Like

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 08, 2015
Lilamartedi:
Lol.

I think you also need to know that most of this men you think are dead are in actuality not dead, they travel out of the country in search of greener pastures for theirselves and their families and most likely do not return back home. They might have possibly met a white woman and started another family hence leaving the wives to inherit properties and becoming landladies like you said

Also most of this women are probably second or third wives to very prominent Chiefs or rich men who might have decided to share his properties to the various wives, who then go their separate ways to become landladies

Op do you also know that most of this women struggled to send their children out of the country who in return send their mothers money that enable them own lands all over the city?
hmmm..i think i agree with ir 1st and last points..it carries lotsa sense..
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Metcoppo(f): 9:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hmmmmm!
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Lisaflex(f): 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
SuperMartins:
This thread is by no means created to stir hate or create rancour amongst the binis..its just a simple observation made over my years in Edo state regarding their women..

Ok..i have stayed in benin,edo state all through my life and its safe to ask this question..
Why do men married to bini women die really fast and the women end up been the head of all his properties?
I stayed with my parents at Uwasota,benin city..and all through my about 10years there,i saw all kinds of binis..the calm,the wild and the traditional serving women..I grew up in a compound where the man died really early and the woman became the sole owner of d vast properties left by d man..living with her kids and grandmother,they ruled like gods..they make all sorts of threats..They even were deep into the olokun worship and sometimes in public.. It manifested on 1 of
the daughters which made people run from her..
Thankfully,dad moved to a better position and all bcame well and this time around.. Almost every bini woman lives alone around our permanent settlement with story of divorce or death of husbands..Some wives even end up living in rented apartments after their wealthy husband's demise..

Is It that the bini women are so troublesome That their husbands dnt last long or do they in anyway through their spiritual form harm their husbamds in other to gain properties?
I av seen other tribes who last with their hisbands but with a bini woman,its a scary movie..
They quarel like they own ththe world..
If not careful,some of them can use spiritual warfare against you..y is this? Where they created specially to create problems?
No offence to the binis especially d men and d few good women but am from Edo and i av seen enough to be sure of what am posting..
So bini women,wat is your actual problem?
wot is olokun? + hw does it manifest on sm1?
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by InZA: 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
Let me not lie...I have always had strong reservations about marrying a Benin girl.... very strong reservations, and OP's submissions have just further re-validated my fears.
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 09, 2015
Lisaflex:

wot is olokun? + hw does it manifest on sm1?
lolz..abeg oo..i cant fit to enter wahala..lol
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 09, 2015
InZA:
Let me not lie...I have always had strong reservations about marrying a Benin girl.... very strong reservations, and OP's submissions have just further re-validated my fears.
If u av Jesus,nothing is impossible bro..They re loving people especially if u meet 1 of d good 1ce..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 09, 2015
Metcoppo:
Hmmmmm!
Hello..Take it easy pls..
I didnt mean to offend any1 pls

Was jxt tryn to find answers to my worried thoughts..abeg u cos u dnt sound happy..pls

1 Like

Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Lisaflex(f): 12:42am On Jan 09, 2015
SuperMartins:
lolz..abeg oo..i cant fit to enter wahala..lol
Hmmm...wot r u scared of?
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 09, 2015
Lisaflex:

Hmmm...wot r u scared of?
Still awake shocked
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Lisaflex(f): 12:44am On Jan 09, 2015
SuperMartins:
Still awake shocked
lol! nah,my spirit's awake n is d 1 typin
Re: Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 09, 2015
Lisaflex:

lol! nah,my spirit's awake n is d 1 typin
Lolz..i presume u a bini Lady then..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze / Why Do Nigerians Lie And Say They Are From Another Country In Africa? / Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.