Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,286 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Opinion: Nigerians Desire Change; But Buhari And APC Offer No Better Alternative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Nigerians Desire Change; But Buhari And APC Offer No Better Alternative (888 Views)

We've Been Having Presidents, But Buhari Is Different… Kashamu / Jonathan Didn’t Perform But Buhari Must Prove He’s A Saint – Balarabe Musa / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Nigerians Desire Change; But Buhari And APC Offer No Better Alternative by Mogten(m): 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
"I hate that Goodluck treats terrorism with kid's gloves, I hate that he hiked oil price, I hate it more that the promised palliative, whatsoever it meant, still hasn't reached the masses... Yet, I intend to vote him come February due to obvious lack of better alternatives"

Those were the words of my good friend when I asked who her choiced candidate is for the February polls.

Buhari is a good man, some even think him morally upright; the messiah whose enthronement is long overdue. But for all the promise of a return to the good old days in a Buhari regime, And with all due respect, he offers no better alternative to the GEJ-led government for the following reasons:

Firstly, His reputation precedes him. Buhari gained a reputation while in power for having no truck with corruption, he even promised to sweat and toil for the betterment of our dear nation... But, hey, every good person has a bad side to them.
The "General" fought and to some extent, won the war against indiscipline. But, have you thought for a second if he is about to visit that same indiscipline upon us? He said he is "not rich", has someone thought if he was gunning for the presidency to enrich himself among other things this time on? My point is, either APC is lying to us, or, Buahri is. An APC chieftain did say Buhari will not send past corrupt leaders to jail, weeks after, albeit in response to GEJ's comments about sending past leaders to jail, Buhari said he intends prosecuting past corrupt public office holders. This to me is more an attempt to win the people over than a statement of intentions. Is Buhari lying to us? Is APC?
I have my reservations.

Secondly, His age. Someone might argue that " with age comes wisdom", and truly so. But in Buhari's case, I think its more a thing of "with age the mind goes".
Is it for the love of his country or the money? Does he want it so he could even out with those who did him "strong thing" in the past? Could it be he actually desires to better our livelihoods? Why does Buhari want power so badly and is as desperate about it?
All respect due, Nigerians need something anew. We need to move forward as a nation, and to do so, there's the need to do away with all that's past. For all his goodie bag, Buhari is of the old and should be done away with.
Insult me all you want, but we need a 21st centurion to lead us in the 21st Century--not someone who will take us a century backwards.
A Kwankwaso, Fashola or even Rochas would have been ideal.
If it were for the love of the country that Buhari wanted the presidency as badly, then I'd say you don't have to be on the inside to contribute your quota to the growth of your country. A stakeholder role will fit just perfectly.
Aside taking up public office(s), how much meaningful input has he made towards the progress of the country since he was ousted from power as a military head? Again, you cannot offer that which you lack. If Buhari had all it takes, and that which we needed, it would have shown from the outside, he needn't be in office for us to see it.

On this note and so much other more, I'd say its better the devil you know...

On APC

APC is no better than PDP and offer no "change" like they preach. The modus operandi of good alternative political parties is "bring to the people that which they lack(ed)". APC chose a different route. Aside that they are a gathering of aggrieved former PDP members, APC are thuggish and more doggish than they claim Doyin Okupe to be. All they do is attack the opposition every chance they got, centering instead on petty talk like an aggrieved house wife whose husband is about to take in a new wife.
They offer no change. APC are just like the opposition in their operations, they are different in name only. The party like PDP, has no people oriented goals, lacks objective criticisms and is basic. You would expect that an opposition party tackles head-on issues bothering the nation... APC instead, heats up the polity with senseless comments like running a parallel government. Bunch of big certificates bearing people acting like illiterates!

PS: I'm not your typically inclined political person, just baring my mind. Pardon me if I got you vexed.
Re: Opinion: Nigerians Desire Change; But Buhari And APC Offer No Better Alternative by DesChyko: 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
Well.. You echo my signature.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Nigerians Desire Change; But Buhari And APC Offer No Better Alternative by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
I am not a fan of GEJ, but like the OP has pointed out, Gen Burahi isn't the answer. I will gladly vote in Fasola as president and Buhari or anyone as VP

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Nigerians Desire Change; But Buhari And APC Offer No Better Alternative by meracool(m): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2015
GMB is not the Better Alternative But he is Definitly the BEST..

Vote Him in And See Nigeria CHANGE for Good..
Re: Opinion: Nigerians Desire Change; But Buhari And APC Offer No Better Alternative by Mogten(m): 10:44am On Jan 09, 2015
meracool:
GMB is not the Better Alternative But he is Definitly the BEST..

Vote Him in And See Nigeria CHANGE for Good..
Could you explain why you think so, sir?
Re: Opinion: Nigerians Desire Change; But Buhari And APC Offer No Better Alternative by Atigba: 11:30am On Jan 09, 2015
Let the fresh air continue

Gej till 2019

(1) (Reply)

PDP, APGA Lose More Members In House to APC / Yes, Buhari Is Sick; And So Am I / Latest On Buhari Fund Raising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.