Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall (40157 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / The Story Of OYENUSI, THE Notorious Nigerian Arm Robber [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 10, 2015
If you don't share my view that the said fraud star must have an accomplice inside the Bank, then you are as gullible as a toddler. To think that as the correspondent said it's the third time it's happening, buttresses my suspicion. proper investigation will reveal this ugly reality. thieves everywhere.

lemme check my mb wether e still dey intact. * e-thieves NA I'm plenty pass*

am smarter than u think.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by holysaint1(m): 12:43am On Jan 10, 2015
PRIXPAL:
I suspect the bank manager has a hand in this robbery
Or all the staff are involve
And the security men
And the people who installed the cctv

I trust nobody. Nigeria is full of scammers

i am beginning to suspect dat u might be right ooo sad cus even d name Naija is a scam on its own

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by aforosco(m): 12:46am On Jan 10, 2015
4bobo:

That is Westminster /coconut side, tin can axis not inside main apapa.
ok I know it after Sifax Terminal close to first nd Gtb.ok ok
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by gbodimowo(m): 12:59am On Jan 10, 2015
datguru:
This is a new year naw? Make some people go buy sense.

Common sense wouldn't have allowed a sane person to do such, unless its somebody you've been seeing every day at the bank

Odi egwu ooo

There is a rule never gone cash to unauthorised staff outside banking cubiclea
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by gbodimowo(m): 1:06am On Jan 10, 2015
iamphilips:
i suspect jazz o, because no1 raised alarm until 5mins after he left.

No be jazz

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Jay20(m): 1:15am On Jan 10, 2015
Third time that something like this is happening n yet no one is in jail for it..arrest those security men..I mean wat is d job of d security men inside d bank? shey na jes 2 open door ni..we all have to be really observant in this country.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by M4gunners: 2:45am On Jan 10, 2015
Thanks Op, but which Century are we please? If banks can not provide or or protect its Customers, then they should be ready to pay money that was stolen from their premises.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by emiye(m): 4:05am On Jan 10, 2015
one of two of the people who handed over their money might be accomplice. there is likely a collaboration somewhere inside the bank

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by ifeanyi83(m): 4:37am On Jan 10, 2015
The Diamond Branch I have been to, Adeola Odeku precisely, what they do is to ask you to go into the bulk-counting room. Besides these bank staff wear name tags. It must have been a very crowded day at the bank for the guy to do it without getting noticed by the staff or security. Really sad development.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by yehmi01(m): 5:09am On Jan 10, 2015
Wait ohh.

All the bank I know of in Nigeria has one inlet and just one outlet for dir customers

If someone collects 100,000 from me and he his not heading any where close to the counter or something I think I must know.

After collecting 650,000 so non off them saw him walking towards the exit door or what.

Unless if this branch was not designed as a banking hall,

Somebody must have at least seen him walk towards the door.

Dir is no bank that is in Lagos or Nigeria that I know of that keeps deposits or stamping off teller close to the door,

Max customer care.

So I think the bank also has questions to answer.

Criminals are smart as well and once they notice a small weakness somewhere then they capitalise on it.

When He took the 650,000 if the direction he went was no where close to the exit and all of a sudden he was no where to be found then the bank has some questions to answer.

But if he took the cash and went straight towards the exit all in the name of stamping then the mumu people let it happen to them period.

Let people not only be educated but let them be smart and informed.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by crackhouse(m): 5:51am On Jan 10, 2015
If u have not had the experience u won't expect that such a thing can happen. Forget about those that are here talking trash, if they were there, they would fall a victim.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by remikunle: 6:47am On Jan 10, 2015
unbelievable
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Hawlahscho(m): 6:48am On Jan 10, 2015
stano2:
Lol....well you know even tho some of us will come here and say they can neva be a victim of such but there ar really very smart people...really I pity those guys involved...mehnn dat guy was smart...I have once thought of something like this happening in the Bank cry

Criminal mind. Study criminology. grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Hawlahscho(m): 6:52am On Jan 10, 2015
Am sure he didn't go ordinarily, it involved extra ordinary powers, metaphysical attachments... lols. No mata how smart you can form you are, he has done everything b4 coming, he'll leave b4 you realize. it takes interference of God to detect such.

Eku iroju to the looser.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by emmabest2000(m): 6:53am On Jan 10, 2015
sauceny:
I leave behind the bank,on hospital road....How come i didn't get the news.
NOLLYWOOD NEWS grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Hawlahscho(m): 6:55am On Jan 10, 2015
crackhouse:
If u have not had the experience u won't expect that such a thing can happen. Forget about those that are here talking trash, if they were there, they would fall a victim.

Simultaneously self.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by emmabest2000(m): 6:57am On Jan 10, 2015
Hawlahscho:
Am sure he didn't go ordinarily, it involved extra ordinary powers, metaphysical attachments... lols. No mata how smart you can form you are, he has done everything b4 coming, he'll leave b4 you realize. it takes interference of God to detect such.

Eku iroju to the looser.
In that case he shouldn't have go for only 650k he should have go for billions nao shocked
I don't believe the tori , but people need to be more careful anyway grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Hawlahscho(m): 7:12am On Jan 10, 2015
emmabest2000:
In that case he shouldn't have go for only 650k he should have go for billions nao shocked
I don't believe the tori , but people need to be more careful anyway grin

Billions,? what if that's the 10th bank of the day You don't know what dey call business. grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by ernieboy(m): 7:35am On Jan 10, 2015
The bank and its security staff were negligent. you mean while the man was asking for people who were depositing said amount no staff noticed?
THEY ALSO DID NOT NOTICE HIM COLLECTING MONEY FROM PEOPLE RIGHT IN THE BANKING HALL? abegi if this issue is properly investigated you will discover that it is an inside job. the bank cannot completely absolve itself of blame.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2015
iamphilips:
Hello nairalanders, good day. Came here to share my experience today being 8/1/15.

I have this neighbour who sells foodstuffs. She travelled for new year so she instructed her relation who sells for her to pay in the money(about 130k) she made since monday into her Diamond bank account...

I was in the banking hall- Diamond Bank warehouse branch, Apapa- when she walked in with the money in her bag. When filling her teller, someone asked her if she was paying in and she said yes. She later joined the long queue.

After thirty seconds, a young man dressed in corporate suit (pretending to be a cashier) came close to her and asked for people who are paying above 100k. About five people stepped out and followed him a few meters away.

He collected their money and teller and asked them to wait on the line so he can go in and stamp their teller.....

Like play like play, the man left. They were waiting not knowing that he had left the banking hall with their over 650,000 naira.

It was later that they reported, the bank manager even came down.......he checked the cctv footage and behold, the gentle man in suit was neither a cashier nor a worker in the bank.

Just like that, he stole over 650k. The security guard said it was the third time it was happening in that branch...my fellow nairalanders, BEWARE!!!

Need ya'll contribution and thoughts on this. Pls our Mods should share this story so as to avoid others falling victims. Thanks.

When he made the call for those woth 100K and above to come, didn't any bank staff hear him or the security operators.
Its really a funny story because every one in the bank should know their staff.
Bad luck for the victims if it is true.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Samfem01(m): 7:38am On Jan 10, 2015
iamphilips:
Hello nairalanders, good day. Came here to share my experience today being 8/1/15.

I have this neighbour who sells foodstuffs. She travelled for new year so she instructed her relation who sells for her to pay in the money(about 130k) she made since monday into her Diamond bank account...

I was in the banking hall- Diamond Bank warehouse branch, Apapa- when she walked in with the money in her bag. When filling her teller, someone asked her if she was paying in and she said yes. She later joined the long queue.

After thirty seconds, a young man dressed in corporate suit (pretending to be a cashier) came close to her and asked for people who are paying above 100k. About five people stepped out and followed him a few meters away.

He collected their money and teller and asked them to wait on the line so he can go in and stamp their teller.....

Like play like play, the man left. They were waiting not knowing that he had left the banking hall with their over 650,000 naira.

It was later that they reported, the bank manager even came down.......he checked the cctv footage and behold, the gentle man in suit was neither a cashier nor a worker in the bank.

Just like that, he stole over 650k. The security guard said it was the third time it was happening in that branch...my fellow nairalanders, BEWARE!!!

Need ya'll contribution and thoughts on this. Pls our Mods should share this story so as to avoid others falling victims. Thanks.

The bank customer must have been hypnotized cos I can't blv someone can just tell you to bring ur money outside the counter in a banking hall nd u will agree so easily.
Anyway, Goodluck to them
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:49am On Jan 10, 2015
dominique:
I blame the bank for letting this scam go on for a third time. Is the banking hall so large that security and other staff couldn't notice such activity going within it? They must have had cctv footage of the first incidence, they should have used it to track down the man in case he stages a comeback. They should have been more at alert.
The depositors also have part of the blame. Dont give anybody one kobo to deposit on your behalf even if the 'staff' in question has an id card on. Except there was serious jazz is involved.
But some people don't have a shred of conscience sha.

It's a great pity. The thief/corporate man, made use of one of most Nigerian's weakest point, "Fearing to question Coat & Tie" men. And infact, the more SERIOUS the guy looked, the less likely anybody would question him.

Even the security guards at the door, would just assume that he just withdrew such huge money and greet him even more, "Oga happy new year". No oservation, no questions asked.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:52am On Jan 10, 2015
Samfem01:

The bank customer must have been hypnotized cos I can't blv someone can just tell you to bring ur money outside the counter in a banking hall nd u will agree so easily.
Anyway, Goodluck to them

You, gan-gan, will do it. Nigerians never like to queue and are always impatient. The hall must have been crowded, and they didn't want to wait on queue.

Nigerians NEVER like to queue or wait their turn. NEVER.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:55am On Jan 10, 2015
victorels:

When he made the call for those woth 100K and above to come, didn't any bank staff hear him or the security operators.
Its really a funny story because every one in the bank should know their staff.
Bad luck for the victims if it is true.

The man must have heard the bank people make that type of call before and decided to imitate them. He probably was wearing similar colour of suit as the diamond bank staff.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 10, 2015
anthoniaz:
Hmmm...just like that shocked
grin grin grin grin

And the bank wants to claim "blameless" sad
Maybe, if he had used a megaphone in their banking hall, they would have heard undecided
And the Security men suddenly forgot their job, okwaya?
It has happened before and no alert notices were pasted at conspicous places, warning against non-over-the-counter if the branch does it? Ana'm anu sad undecided
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:59am On Jan 10, 2015
ernieboy:
The bank and its security staff were negligent. you mean while the man was asking for people who were depositing said amount no staff noticed?
THEY ALSO DID NOT NOTICE HIM COLLECTING MONEY FROM PEOPLE RIGHT IN THE BANKING HALL? abegi if this issue is properly investigated you will discover that it is an inside job. the bank cannot completely absolve itself of blame.

Well, there's no law that says somebody is not allowed to collect your money in the banking hall. Or announce it allowed. It's only your duty to hold your money and keep holding it till you get to the front of the queue and give it to the cashier who must register it.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Blanc8(m): 8:00am On Jan 10, 2015
lilmax:
to go and do what? cheesy
to direct people with over #200k for deposits.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by itodojr(m): 8:47am On Jan 10, 2015
Maka y will dis happen in 21st century (common sense)well,common sense is not common oh
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by HFOG(f): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2015
iamphilips:

Wow! New year, new thief-ing strategies. Deliver us from evil dear Lord and have mercy on evil doers.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by luluosas(m): 10:10am On Jan 10, 2015
Really? Common sense is truly never common.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 10, 2015
This is not peculiar to Diamond banks but all the banks.

we have caught one in one of our branches.
He was caught by the alert security staff b4 he hit. He was even putting on our id card.
On further invesigation, we found d name on d id card belonged to a driver in lagos region.

Security operatives should be alert and probe/ask question on any individual they find suspicious or overstaying in the bank.

There are many of such stealing which i cannot mention here cos i know fraudster are even in nairaland waiting on info to upgrade their game.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by effogis: 11:03am On Jan 10, 2015
We Nigerians don't exercise patient in running our day to day life activities. How could you hand over such a big amount of money to someone you do not know in the bank? If you are a regular in that bank, you would have known some of the employees. For the security guard to confirm that it had happened thrice epitomizes inside job.

Therefore, if you are still patronizing the said bank, you are doing so at your own risk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2 Brothers Came Out Without Any Injury After This Ghastly Accident In Abuja.PICS / Speeding Car Runs Into A Woman In Delta State, Climbs On Top Of Her. Photos / What Broke Your Trust With Friends? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.