Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,526 members, 7,861,526 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:54 PM

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year (23818 Views)

Riyadh Mahrez Is 2016 CAF African Player Of The Year / Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup / Asisat Oshoala Wins 2014 GLO/CAF African Women Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by kimco(m): 3:23am On Jan 09, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
In a town of blind men, a one-eyed man rules dem all........

#Yaya is so average........

what's even sad is dat aubemeyang is on dat list....what has this dude reallly done to deserve the final three listing? oh is it cos he plays for dortmond?

he's gud but not last three gud. i'm starting to think that african player of the year award is now for players who play big teams. much like the aboutrikka case and the outright insult caf delivered to mputu mabi....best local african player of the year...wat rubbish...they were better than the other contenders dat year.

yaya toure may be the best...but that is a very sad event for african football seeing as he's really not that grt.
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by Whizkel(m): 3:41am On Jan 09, 2015
as a Manchester city fan ,congratulations on your achievement, yaya toure more grease to your elbow man . we will so miss you in the English premiere league

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by Elnino4ladies: 3:43am On Jan 09, 2015
Congrat bro..u deserved it.
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by drkay(m): 3:45am On Jan 09, 2015
jingh:
y be say na dis black boy dey win am every time ?
re there no nigerian flying higher than him
None yet.
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by starlite101(f): 3:45am On Jan 09, 2015
Congratulations to Yaya.....he absolutely deserves the award.
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by makzeze: 3:45am On Jan 09, 2015
Up Yaya Toure!

Up Man City!

Up Buhari/Osinbajo!
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by Kazrem(m): 4:40am On Jan 09, 2015
jingh:
No one
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by Iniotong(m): 4:47am On Jan 09, 2015
jingh:
Fly ke? them too dey crash land
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by greall1: 5:24am On Jan 09, 2015
I wonder why yaya won it 4 times africa football is worsen. No comendy dis man wil win it next year again. Anyway congrat to him.
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by brainyack(m): 5:25am On Jan 09, 2015
My aubameyang o cry
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by Nobody: 5:33am On Jan 09, 2015
Who gave Nigeria National Team of The Year. Wetin Super Vultures achieve? angry
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by akpumping7720(m): 5:35am On Jan 09, 2015
molason:
Taking nothing away from Yaya, he is fantastic, but let's b realistic, dis award should b scrapped for now and d money used in organising it, channeled to developing the round leather game in Africa, cz for a player to win African player of d year award, 4 times now, BT has failed to come close to winning the world footballer of the year, shows the deplorable state of African football. For me enyeama should hv won it, cz he has proven himself both in africa(acfon) and beyond, but Yaya displays talent abroad, but fails to replicate same performance wen he comes to Africa (afcon).
Exactly!!! Even Enyeama set records in the French am still trying to remember the records Yaya set in England...
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by daveseun15(m): 5:46am On Jan 09, 2015
benromeo39:
he deserves it.

Click like if you think messi doesn't deserve to win the balon D'or.

Messi wony't even make no 2 sef
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by ceeceeco: 5:52am On Jan 09, 2015
Ilekeh:
Enyeama go cry o.

That's what happens when Nigerians celebrate mediocrity.
Why will he cry? Wen he knows pretty well dat Yaya truly deserves it. Yaya was not only voted the CAF African Footballer of the year, but was also voted the BBC African Footballer of the year. Even a blind man knows dat he truly deserve it. Did u watch his goal against Sheffield Wednesday in the F.A Cup? Yaya is a beast. The guy is so good. I'm just lafing @ mikel, pride has eaten him up. Yaya Gneri-Gneri Toure is a deserved winner of the CAF African Footballer of the year for the 4th consecutive time. THUMBS UP YAYA.
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by dabossman(m): 5:55am On Jan 09, 2015
Iykebestbt:
before you cry foul,ask urself what was Enyeama's achievements in the last 12 months.. I keep saying it sentiments will take us no where. I hope Nigerians will drop their sentiments ånd Vote in the right President come February. Long live king Yaya! Long live Buhari(president elect)!! Long live Africa!!!

Guy, this your question is very funny. What was Enyeama's achievements in the last one year? That's like asking what the achievements of a student who scored eight A's out of nine are simply because he was beaten to the prize by the guy who had nine straight A's. How often do you see goalkeepers making the final shortlist of any football awards across the globe? Yet Enyeama has been nominated twice this year. That in itself is a testament to how well Enyeama has done in 2014.

No doubt Yaya was the better player in 2014. I would have voted for him too ahead of Enyeama. But to dismiss the goalies performance with a flippant wave of the hand is totally unfair.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by dabossman(m): 6:02am On Jan 09, 2015
Ilekeh:
Enyeama go cry o.

That's what happens when Nigerians celebrate mediocrity.

Yet another funny comment. So Enyeama was mediocre this year? We might as well conclude that Messi was mediocre in 2013 simply because Ronaldo was named as the best player of the year.

That someone did better than the other doesn't mean one's achievement is mediocre bro.
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by miqos02(m): 6:04am On Jan 09, 2015
he deserves it

Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by jellymax: 6:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Iykebestbt:
before you cry foul,ask urself what was Enyeama's achievements in the last 12 months.. I keep saying it sentiments will take us no where. I hope Nigerians will drop their sentiments ånd Vote in the right President come February. Long live king Yaya! Long live Buhari(president elect)!! Long live Africa!!!
Can u compare the squard paraded by man city to that of lille? For a keeper to have saved many games having poor defence seems easy abi? undecided
Yaya s good but Enyeama deserves it
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by Sookul: 7:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Akosbaba:
I foresee him winning two more
did you see his last weekend goal? That alone can give him the next one. Enyema is good, he's only unfortunate to come out at a very wrong time. Yaya is too hot for anyone for now
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by ublu: 7:39am On Jan 09, 2015
yes the guy is African best
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by phlamesG: 8:10am On Jan 09, 2015
D guy is just 2 good.....no doubt bout dat
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by jingh(f): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Iniotong:
Fly ke? them too dey crash land
lol
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by jingh(f): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Kazrem:

No one
dats bad
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by jingh(f): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2015
Kolade354:
sorry dear their is no nigeria player who can challenge him,the one who shouldchallenge him is busy banging russia who*e.
hmmmmm what his name
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by jingh(f): 8:25am On Jan 09, 2015
DonaldGenes:

Yes I am Ma
ya name
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by lovemaths(f): 8:26am On Jan 09, 2015
Congrats Yaya! Cityzens love you. up man city. Mikel, how market?
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by jingh(f): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2015
bayocanny:

Dem no get wing pass him
lol
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by Kolade354(m): 8:30am On Jan 09, 2015
jingh:
hmmmmm what his name
Mikel obi of cos
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by Iykebestbt(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2015
jellymax:

Can u compare the squard paraded by man city to that of lille? For a keeper to have saved many games having poor defence seems easy abi? undecided
Yaya s good but Enyeama deserves it
you correct bro,ßüt he has no trophy to boast of.ånd French league is a 3rd fiddle if not 5th to EPL. bringing it down to africa,he failed to qualify for d afcon 2015 ånd he was d captain of the team. I wish him luck ånd success in future as nobody would be happier than me if he wins it next time.
Re: Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year by Iykebestbt(m): 8:48am On Jan 09, 2015
dabossman:

Guy, this your question is very funny. What was Enyeama's achievements in the last one year? That's like asking what the achievements of a student who scored eight A's out of nine are simply because he was beaten to the prize by the guy who had nine straight A's. How often do you see goalkeepers making the final shortlist of any football awards across the globe? Yet Enyeama has been nominated twice this year. That in itself is a testament to how well Enyeama has done in 2014.

No doubt Yaya was the better player in 2014. I would have voted for him too ahead of Enyeama. But to dismiss the goalies performance with a flippant wave of the hand is totally unfair.
I must commend Enyeama in all honesty. He has put in a great fight ånd has exhibited spirit of doggedness. ßüt for him getting as far as the 2nd best player in Africa with all his 2014 achievements only spelt doom for Africa football. Go to Europe,you will be confused on who will likely win European best player,having seen the performance ånd achievements of the last 3 men standing.. Our very own Enyeama çån only boast of some 11 or 12 clean sheets he kept ånd nothing more. Are we going to give our most esteem award to somebody who didn't win any trophy in the said year ånd also led his team out of Afcon 2015 final just becos of some 12 clean sheets? I only weep for africa's football

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

European Nations Cup 2008 Discussion Thread / Real Madrid Unveil Luka Jovic After Signing For £62m From Frankfurt / Hope Akpan And Wife Expecting Their First Child (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.