Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. (4138 Views)

“I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by MhizVee(f): 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2015
Is it because of incompatibility'insincerity,not being genuine.I just dnt get it.Divorce here,divorce there.I am beginning to get scared of these marriage of a thing.Chei,hm
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Money issues maybe
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by MhizVee(f): 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
Cutehector4u:
Money issues maybe
möney kwa,i dnt think xo
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
MhizVee:
möney kwa,i dnt think xo
wad do u think den?
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by MhizVee(f): 12:01am On Jan 09, 2015
Cutehector4u:
wad do u think den?
scratches eyes,but must evry relatnshp be based on money?

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 09, 2015
MhizVee:
scratches eyes,but must evry relatnshp be based on money?
lol sweerie, flicks hair, hell yeah..lol I thought money answereth all things
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by yomi007k(m): 12:04am On Jan 09, 2015
Most relationships were built on d wrong platform ab-initio.
People don't even want to find out ways to solve relationship problems anymore since they see divorce as an option...they don't know dat sacrifices are meant to be made in relationships.

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by fijiano202(m): 12:04am On Jan 09, 2015
Wrong partners....
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by teemanbastos(m): 12:26am On Jan 09, 2015
marrying bkos of beauty, endowments nt bkos of real love

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by KanwuliaJara: 4:39am On Jan 09, 2015
. . . .Because people that have no business with marriage get married.
Unfortunately. . . they do not KNOW their limitations, since their BIBLES keep deceiving them. . . .that marriage can cure IMBECILITY! grin

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by dinachi(m): 7:38am On Jan 09, 2015
Most important reasons are feminism, rotten puccy etc...add yours.

4 Likes

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by edwife(f): 11:59am On Jan 09, 2015
^^^^ Lol cheesy

who did this to him? grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Afrobasic(m): 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
dinachi:
Most important reasons are feminism, rotten puccy etc...add yours.

Agreed. angry

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by 2CatWoman: 1:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
Feminism doesn't exist in Nigeria. Most are still waiting for basic human rights.

5 Likes

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by lilmax(m): 2:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
When people learn not to involve anyone else in marriage then divorce rate will decrease

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by austinbrown: 2:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
A bottle of orijin Pls
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
Women got tired of caring, they want to live too.

7 Likes

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by kreamidiva(f): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
Women get tired of all the cheating, lying, beating etc.

They wanna live!

7 Likes

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
Divorce is rampant because we allow our feelings to lead us by the nose.
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Shugaryme(f): 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
So many reasons...

Couples don’t know how to argue fairly. They have this romantic notion that if they are in “love” there should be no argument. Once the argument begins, they then have this idea that someone who loves them would criticize them and all hell breaks out. They become highly offended, start harboring resentment and start withdrawing from their spouse. There is an inability to make-up, forgive and get on with the marriage.

Expectations of what marriage is supposed to be are childish. People think if they meet someone, fall in love and marry that, that person is going to take care of all our needs, be there at every need and put to end any problems or loneliness they may feel. They marry expecting someone else to make them happy, instead of making their own selves happy and then marrying.

Some are looking for a quick fix, something that can satisfy their needs and if those needs aren't satisfied some feel it is easier to toss the spouse and move on to the next relationship, instead of rolling their sleeves up and go to work.

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by 5minsmadness: 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
Lol. Some people think divorces are only initiated by women. Men ask for divorce too!
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by 5minsmadness: 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
Rates of divorce are rising because people have lost the value of marriage.

Marriage can never survive under a physical contract. A physically contracted marriage can never be fair because one person will always love the other person more. One person will always feel cheated more. One person will always feel he or she makes more sacrifices than the other. As long as a partner is looking out for what he/she can gain from the marriage, it will remain rocky.

But if the marriage is built on something greater than the two people involved, a greater authority, them they will look up to that authority and not to themselves. They will love and sacrifice and work for that authority and not for themselves. They will derive pleasure and happiness from their spouse because of love for that authority and not themselves.

Marriage without spirituality and self sacrifice is doomed to fail.

This will be too deep for some people to understand.

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by plaetton: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
Social media component is cited in at least 70% divorce petitions these days.

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
Because people do not appreciate marriage. Marriage was invented to meet certain human needs and to help keep society solid. It's all going to go to shiit and then people will begin to advocate for marriage like it was. It's all evolution at work, the cycle of life. grin

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by IDEApro(m): 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
. . . .Because people that have no business with marriage get married.
Unfortunately. . . they do not KNOW their limitations, since their BIBLES keep deceiving them. . . .that marriage can cure IMBECILITY! grin

Can I pay you 100000 dollars cash to stop posting on nairaland?

I don't want my girlfriend to read your postsgrin
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by 2CatWoman: 11:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
IDEApro:

Can I pay you 100000 dollars cash to stop posting on nairaland?

I don't want my girlfriend to read your postsgrin

This is one of the reasons why there is so much divorce.

The other reason is people dating total strangers from outside their social circle. Our parents married people from the locality so neither party could deceive the other with pretence.
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Mintayo(m): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
When you don't get married to your friend.
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
2CatWoman:

This is one of the reasons why there is so much divorce.

The other reason is people dating total strangers from outside their social circle. Our parents married people from the locality so neither party could deceive the other with pretence.
Our parents married in an era when everyone knew what roles they were to play and did so or were punished by society. Living in the same locality was only a way of making the cut, once in you had to fulfill your responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by GooseBaba: 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
5minsmadness:
Rates of divorce are rising because people have lost the value of marriage.

Marriage can never survive under a physical contract. A physically contracted marriage can never be fair because one person will always love the other person more. One person will always feel cheated more. One person will always feel he or she makes more sacrifices than the other. As long as a partner is looking out for what he/she can gain from the marriage, it will remain rocky.

But if the marriage is built on something greater than the two people involved, a greater authority, them they will look up to that authority and not to themselves. They will love and sacrifice and work for that authority and not for themselves. They will derive pleasure and happiness from their spouse because of love for that authority and not themselves.

Marriage without spirituality and self sacrifice is doomed to fail.

This will be too deep for some people to understand.

I beg to differ, there is nothing deep in your yarn...

What authority do you speak of..?

In a nutshell societies defines what a marriage is, before an individual can choose to participate. What do you think strengthened the value of marriage for those before us.. Family, cultural norms, traditions and knowing.. These were the authorities..

When you bring in an authority of abstracts, you become part of the problem.
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by 5minsmadness: 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
GooseBaba:

I beg to differ, there is nothing deep in your yarn...

What authority do you speak of..?

In a nutshell societies defines what a marriage is, before an individual can choose to participate. What do you think strengthened the value of marriage for those before us.. Family, cultural norms, traditions and knowing.. These were the authorities..

When you bring in an authority of abstracts, you become part of the problem.

What's the difference between what I said and what you said now. I mentioned higher authority...you mentioned family, culture, etc. We are saying the same thing except that I didn't list it out like you did.

Religion and belief in God is also an authority in fact the main authority by my books.
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by EfemenaXY: 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
MhizVee:
Is it because of incompatibility'insincerity,not being genuine.I just dnt get it.Divorce here,divorce there.I am beginning to get scared of these marriage of a thing.Chei,hm

~ Bad / shaky foundation.

~ Getting married for the wrong reasons.

~ Being in it for the short term only a.k.a when the going gets good.

~ Immaturity
Re: Rates Of Divorce At Its Peak,why. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
Lol, we're in the babymama era - and women aren't loyal. grin

This is the soundtrack to the new consciousness of the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXRN_LkCa_o

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I making a mistake? / Foreign Used Merceded Benz E350 2014 Model*SOLD* / Are You An Only Son Or Daughter? Cos I Am!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.