Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! (9989 Views)

Shehu Shagari Having Meeting With Buhari In 1983 Before He Was Overthrown / Throwback Photos Of Ghanaians Being Deported From Nigeria In 1983 / GEJ Said In 1983 In Queued For 2 Nights To Get Milk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Bizibi(m): 2:50am On Apr 01, 2017
Damn!!!

2 Likes

Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by system21: 4:25am On Apr 01, 2017
The name Buhari means disaster

2 Likes

Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by kelvinovie(m): 5:29am On Apr 01, 2017
Time has answered most questions raise here. So unfortunate it has to be this way.

1 Like

Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by dunkem21(m): 7:08am On Apr 01, 2017
donmalcolm21:
Barcanista later joined PDP and changed his moniker to Tonyebarcanista

Bros how time flies

When I see my old posts, I just laugh cheesy

1 Like

Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Bizibi(m): 7:47am On Apr 01, 2017
Ngwakwe:

How old are you? Can you tell us the situational report then in your locality? How was life and economic activities in your area as at then?

Buhari's regime was a ticking time bomb waiting to explode in Eastern Nigeria that depended on trade and commerce while Industries in Aba were suffocated by ragtag economic policies of the unwired general

Let any professor come here to disprove my narrative on how we enjoyed Buharinomics

Buhari sent his Karki boys to invade retail shops in Aba to sell "daily need items" from private shops at a price they deemed justified.

The truth is that he never invaded nor negotiated with companies and suppliers to force controlled prices rather they used koboko on poor retailers thereby forcing most Stores to sell at night or through back doors.

As a result of the threats from the karki boys most shops ran out of supplies or refused to restock for fear of Soldiers who lacked simple knowledge of economics.

The result was scarcity upon scarcity.

We really suffered.
with all this warnings some stupid youths were still praising the would be water leaf.
2 years of waste......

1 Like

Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Nukualofa: 7:56am On Apr 01, 2017
munex007:

If Buhari tender Nepa Bill I go vote for am..

Certificate doesn't measure Intelligence
Yhis one is asking Dino for his certificate today
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Nukualofa: 8:00am On Apr 01, 2017
dunkem21:

When I see my old posts, I just laugh cheesy
The posts are eye opening. You are no longer dogged like before

2 Likes

Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Bizibi(m): 8:04am On Apr 01, 2017
Administer and Malcolmx were just writing long waste to show intelligence and they never witnessed the events.......even blamed shagari fr the problem,this thread is annoying.
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Bizibi(m): 8:15am On Apr 01, 2017
Adminisher:

Thank you very much for this reply. I thought about it but could not articulate it simply like you have done.
Let us add those who have contested but did not win; Atiku no degree but more capable than Jona, Kalu with a questionable degree written in front of cameras but still better than Jona, there was one highly intelligent Waziri Ibrahim in the old days and by the way Architect Sambo also lost his certificates to fire.

na wa
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by drss(m): 8:29am On Apr 01, 2017
i hope d founder of dis thread is enjoying his change.
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by eph123(f): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2017
Nukualofa:
How time Flies grin

I had to bolden the line below
Meanwhile $1 is now N350 (after reaching highs of N460+)

munex007:
It was so disheartening when I read an article here cheering GEJ for his Issueless speech Yesterday..It pains me so much when I see people that have passed more technical and rational reasoning process in life falling for this crap

On the story of queues for commodities he did not lie. The only problem is that he was criticising something that was good and most gullible Nigerians cheered him..

NPN the ruling party before Buhari regime had looted treasury, oil prices were also down to $35 a barrel due to the international manipulation and foreign exchange was scarce.

Buhari and Idiagbon were not going take foreign loans and devalue the currency. They were so sure that the problem of foreign exchange was a temporary one and could always be rode through that they rationed foreign exchange and all imported consumer goods had to be rationed. They also started partnering with local manufacturers Nestle, Cadburys, e.t.c to expand local manufacturing capacity..

Profiteering was reduced..

So Jonathan is right, we queued but unlike him we liked it because we knew our naira was just N2 to the $1 and that all the ''essential commodities" were soon to be made in Nigeria...

IBB came later and destroyed everything with introduction of SAP..Ever since then our Naira has been sinking

Prof Iyoha a renonwed Economist said Nigeria has received more than $600,000,000,000 in Oil revenue but nothing tangible to show for it...Just Imagine the Burj Khalifa in Dubai cost $1.2Billion imagine what Nigeria would have done with that fund if not corruption..

And some Goof ball here will say Buhari only Agenda is only corruption..The truth is that if Corruption can be curb we will achieve so much as a Nation..In china if a politician his caught stealing public fund his family member will buy the bullet that will be use to Kill him.!!

Its so annoying when I see people say GEJ till 2019 based on mediocre projects,there is no problem if you want to Vote for GEJ but please be objective when your doing so,never based your decision on ethnic and religion..You may be risking a decision that may affect our later generations...

SaiBuhari(Nemesis of Corruption)
God Bless Nigeria!!

Ref: Adminsher

Cc Barcanista
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Nukualofa: 8:45am On Apr 01, 2017
eph123:

I had to bolden the line below
Meanwhile $1 is now N350 (after reaching highs of N460+)

You can see how every idiot with an internet connection became an economic analyst.

Where are they now?
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by eph123(f): 8:46am On Apr 01, 2017
Nukualofa:

You can see how every idiot with an internet connection became an economic analyst.

Where are they now?

Nowhere to be found.
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Nukualofa: 8:47am On Apr 01, 2017
Bizibi:
Administer and Malcolmx were just writing long waste to show intelligence and they never witnessed the events.......even blamed shagari fr the problem,this thread is annoying.
We had to put up with them then. Adminisher today is wailing silently and the Eldorado they painted has gpne to Utopia

2 Likes

Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Nukualofa: 8:48am On Apr 01, 2017
eph123:

Nowhere to be found.
Happy New Month. Be careful of the April Fool people
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by eph123(f): 8:55am On Apr 01, 2017
Nukualofa:
Happy New Month. Be careful of the April Fool people

Thanks, Happy New Month too. Lol!
I will soon switch to my main acct which was banned, will follow you when I do.
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Nukualofa: 9:15am On Apr 01, 2017
eph123:

Thanks, Happy New Month too. Lol!
I will soon switch to my main acct which was banned, will follow you when I do.
So you are also suffering same fate with me. The ban is much but i see it as a little inconvenience
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by eph123(f): 9:45am On Apr 01, 2017
Nukualofa:
So you are also suffering same fate with me. The ban is much but i see it as a little inconvenience

Yep, from those trying to suppress the truth & can't take criticism aka the APC mod, they've failed already though.

1 Like

Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Raziii(m): 9:53am On Apr 01, 2017
Mods push this thread to front page once more naah. Something like a throw back saturday. Mehn people totally lost their brain back then sha.
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by dunkem21(m): 10:08am On Apr 01, 2017
Nukualofa:
The posts are eye opening. You are no longer dogged like before

It's for a reason, bro..

..even 2face no go fit tell you why him drop im protest .. wink
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Islamkills: 11:59am On Apr 01, 2017
MMM NIGERIA........ (MANY MAD MEN in NIGERIA) especially those sai BARBARIANS
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by djustice: 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
It has been April Fools Day for the originator of this thread and 15m other hapless ghosts, everyday since the day Buhari was "elected".
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by Bizibi(m): 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2017
Nukualofa:
We had to put up with them then. Adminisher today is wailing silently and the Eldorado they painted has gpne to Utopia
funny set of beings......
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by tomakint: 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2017
donmalcolm21:
Eph123 mightyhaze tippytop firefire tomakint kutchs unknownT we are queuing again for Milk.

Just have a good laugh how zombies never believed they will commit suicide today and not even queuing for milk
You have said it all.
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by donmalcolm21(m): 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2017
Lalasticlala can you push this thread to FP to remind us of B2B hunger
Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by greaterlove(m): 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
There are three types of people you shouldn't waste your advice on
1. A girl in love
2. A young man that has money
3. A buhari supporter

1 Like

Re: Economic Truth About Why Jonathan Queued For Milk In 1983!! by greaterlove(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2019
Now that the government wants to ban forex to milk importers hope we are not going to see queues for milk grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti State LG Election To Be Held On 19th Dec 2015 - Gov Ayo Fayose / Change Blues! - The New Song About Buhari Govt That Broke The Internet / "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.