Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? (756 Views)

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? by Viciyke(m): 11:44am On Jan 09, 2015
Am the kind of person who says my prayer as little as 5mins or even less, my wife on the other hand can pray for an hour or more. Sometimes we argue over the length of time we pray. I believe that prayer is about intentions and sincerity to God not the length of time u spend praying. Sum1 can pray for a whole day witout being sincere and God will not answer him while sum1 can pray for 5mins and get answered. Nairalanders what length of time is best for prayers.
I need ur opinion and please no insults. Thanks
Re: Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? by allisonluvsu(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2015
anyone is great so far it is backed up by believe

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? by ifex370(m): 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
Faith

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
I believe prayer should be as the spirit leads.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? by tos4u(m): 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
Real and genuine prayers are prayed in d spirit, but believe if u can pray alone more than 2 hours often then, u got some special level of anointing and power,

Pray longer in d spirit and u will soon b amazed with what your lyf can turn into.
Re: Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? by haibe(m): 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2015
an effective fervent prayer is better, whether long or short.
Re: Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? by UyiIredia(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
It's the sincerity of the heart that matters not the length of the prayer.
Re: Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? by davien(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
UyiIredia:
It's the sincerity of the heart that matters not the length of the prayer.
so has no one prayed sincerely for cancer to be cured worldwide? undecided
Re: Which Is Better, Praying Longer Or Shorter Prayer? by ezebrain: 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
Viciyke:
Am the kind of person who says my prayer as little as 5mins or even less, my wife on the other hand can pray for an hour or more. Sometimes we argue over the length of time we pray. I believe that prayer is about intentions and sincerity to God not the length of time u spend praying. Sum1 can pray for a whole day witout being sincere and God will not answer him while sum1 can pray for 5mins and get answered. Nairalanders what length of time is best for prayers.
I need ur opinion and please no insults. Thanks

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him."

What do you think Christ meant when he made the above utterance?

(1) (Reply)

This Jesus Challenges Me / Is My Friend Taking The Right Decision? / Man's Spirit Guides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.