Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC (894 Views)

Pictures Of Children With PVC In The North Registered By INEC / Under Aged Children Collecting PVC In The North / Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by igetemi(m): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
The Independent National Electoral Commission on Friday said it would restrict the distribution of the Permanent Voter Card in Borno State to two of the 27 local government areas of the state due to the Boko Haram menace.

It also revealed that the exercise would be done between Saturday, January 10 and January 15.

Speaking with journalists, the outgoing Resident Electoral Commissioner in Borno State, Prof. Tukur Sa’ad, said the exercise would only be carried out in Maiduguri and Jere LGAs due to the prevailing security challenges.

He said INEC would also conduct Continuous Voter Registration for individuals, who had attained 18 years.

Sa’ad added that the exercise in the two councils would take place at wards levels as well as the Internally Displaced Persons camps in the areas.

“The issuance of PVC to registered voters and the CVR will take place in Maiduguri and Jere LGAs considered to be relatively safe now,” he said.

Sa’ad explained that the PVC would be issued based on the temporary voter card issued at the nationwide voter registration in 2010.

He said, “PVC is like an ATM card that will not allow an individuals to vote more than once in an election and the CVR is for individuals, who have attained voter age or those whose names were missing in the voter register.”
Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by mekaboy(m): 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
I think say una get spare life.
Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by hazyfm1: 6:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
SOURCE PLEASE
B4 I COMMENT
Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
"Disenfranchisement by styly ooooooo" sounds like a Fela Anikulapo track... Abi na Bright Chimezie track.

1 Like

Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by SeverusSnape(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
Who doesn't love his life
Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by igetemi(m): 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
hazyfm1:
SOURCE PLEASE
B4 I COMMENT

PUNCH
Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by donphilopus: 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Who doesn't love his life

Is this all you could spew?! Under Jonathan the terrorists seized so many territories from Nigeria and you're here saying "who doesn't love his life?"? Is this not shameful? And you want us to re-elect a President under whose watch our fellow citizens in the North-eastern region cannot sleep with their two eyes closed?! Guy, you're heartless!

It's high time we sent back the man who couldn't guarantee our security back to his networkless village. Though I know it favours him because the disenfranchisement would really affect Buhari, but by His Grace, Victory is sure for the People's General.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by donphilopus: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
www.punchng.com/news/inec-wont-distribute-pvc-in-25-borno-lgs-rec/

[url=seun.obinoscopy.lalasticlala.ishilove]Source added.[/url]
Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by SeverusSnape(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
donphilopus:

Is this all you could spew?! Under Jonathan the terrorists seized so many territories from Nigeria and you're here saying "who doesn't love his life?"? Is this not shameful? And you want us to re-elect a President under whose watch our fellow citizens in the North-eastern region cannot sleep with their two eyes closed?! Guy, you're heartless!

It's high time we sent back the man who couldn't guarantee our security back to his networkless village. Though I know it favours him because the disenfranchisement would really affect Buhari, but by His Grace, Victory is sure for the People's General.
See who's talking. MR. Donphilopus, Talk is cheap. You sit in the comfort of your room to type all these, why don't you apply for the INEC job and get transferred to Maiduguri. You love your life, so does me, so does they. I'm not heartless, In fact,IT's a heartless person that will encourage you to go there for work.
Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by meracool(m): 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
All Nigerians Must Vote its our Civic Right..

INEC must Not be Biased..

2 Likes

Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by donphilopus: 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:

See who's talking. MR. Donphilopus, Talk is cheap. You sit in the comfort of your room to type all these, why don't you apply for the INEC job and get transferred to Maiduguri. You love your life, so does me, so does they. I'm not heartless, In fact,IT's a heartless person that will encourage you to go there for work.

Am neither saying that election should be conducted there nor it shouldn't be conducted. All I am saying is that Jonathan is the cause of all these. If he had acted on time, the insurgency would have been a thing of the past. Instead of him to act on time, he was busy blaming terrorism on the Opposition. Now it has gotten out of hand, he doesn't know who to blame now. And you want us to vote (for) this man again?!

1 Like

Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by SweetJoystick(m): 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ plan is coming to fruition angry PVC's must be distributed

1 Like

Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by SeverusSnape(m): 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
donphilopus:

Am neither saying that election should be conducted there nor it shouldn't be conducted. All I am saying is that Jonathan is the cause of all these. If he had acted on time, the insurgency would have been a thing of the past. Instead of him to act on time, he was busy blaming terrorism on the Opposition. Now it has gotten out of hand, he doesn't know who to blame now. And you want us to vote (for) this man again?!
MR. Don, I'm not saying 'we' should vote the man,where in my post did I say it?...I only asked a Simple question "who doesn't love his life?", I'm telling you this, Even with security, An INEC official will still be scared to work there, elections will surely hold in the NE, so don't worry about your general losing some votes there. This is a Simple issue, you're the one that pushed it further; I can bet my last dime that even YOU won't accept to work for INEC in the north, talk more of the Eastern part of the north.
Human rights activist. smiley
Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by theV0ice: 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
Its been obvious all along that PDP is the ultimate beneficiary of BH menace. With no election in borno, APC has already lost a sizeable portion of votes.

Does anybody still doubt late Azazi's conclusion?

Boko haram is PDP and PDP is Boko haram

1 Like

Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by Kx: 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
When bombs were going off in Abuja, he said it would not affect planned national events.

Now that dis will give him undue advantage, he now want fear of bomb blast to scuttle the distribution of pvc.

Impossible.
When did he start to care about d lives of Bornorians?
Abegi.
Re: INEC Won’t Distribute PVC In 25 Borno Lgs -REC by otokx(m): 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
Little by little the truth is coming out; why will the cards not be distributed? Don't they wan't the voters to perform their civic responsibility?

(1) (Reply)

Abia Traditional Rulers Sacks Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari / . / IBB Endorses Buhari As His Candidate On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.