Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Storage Space Running Out - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Storage Space Running Out (1617 Views)

See The Top 8 Android Smartphones With Massive Storage Space / 3 Ways To Manage Your Smartphone Storage Space Effectively / "Storage Space Running Out" What's The Way Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Storage Space Running Out by Frankenstein: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
Please tech engineers here, I really need your help. I'm currently battling with internal storage issues on my phantom F7.

I have used the root explorer to delete the 'log other mode' file folder but the problem still persists. All my apps are now on my SD card and I have cleared data for so many apps all to no avail.

My available memory is now 42mb and it's going down every second. Total space of 0.98G and used memory is 670mb. Something deep inside the phone is occupying a space of almost 300mb. angry

How do I solve this problem? cry
Re: Storage Space Running Out by Frankenstein: 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
Viewing this board: Holuwarsehun ( m), TastyTuoyo , jsunex
(m), Peppul ( m), Donbabajayz (m), egbeocha (m), femi4 ,
Enegod (m), AdmiralDru( m), jamilkb (m), Gbengaslc , Chyjoey
( m), steryj, noblePhenom , akinola1384 (m), Borwe ,
enoch273 , emperorizzy (m), youngcizza ( m), khenii ( m),
onoerime, Shawl001 (m), udemzyudex (m), Dani4tech , folsec
(m), slimmoney ( m), ridwan4u (m), Tworld84 ( m),
Mystiq25 (m), Ublaize (m), gboly3190 (m), iheanachoEmma
(m), osic , cmikeade , Shegsakinz, sheddy03 , Olalan( m),
niggi4life ( m), khenykhey ( m), Bvesan (m), initialize ( m),
phatjoe50 (m), henroe2k2 (m), tonardo (m), duran2059 ,
beejah (m), Intellab(m), sunylatsega (m), LeonMacJames (m),
zexzy(f ), mekstaniac(m), Wisdomkosi (m), Frankenstein ( m),
luke007 ( m), Zohan( m), danieljessy(m), Choba (m),
anthoneg, yusuf2 ( m), invisible4d , Deheezy (m), ArtanK ( m),
austino677, Austeenx , RUBMYMIND (m), Tonynwaduche (m),
abatically (m), enwaze( m), UnibenMade , mikolo2407 (m),
CandidMee(f ), Sammyblake (m), Heeboy94 (m)
Re: Storage Space Running Out by Wittylens(m): 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
Simply Move Apps to memory card
Re: Storage Space Running Out by waleadex(m): 8:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
Reset to factory settings; it goes off.
Re: Storage Space Running Out by initialize(m): 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
Just like when you have too much furniture for a Room Apartment, get a Mini flat or a Room and Parlour grin

1GB of RAM or 1GB of App/Installation Memory doesnt cut it for you again. Move on to the next one;

A 2GB RAM phone with at least 3GB App/Installation Memory will do.

I sell Quality phones at relative price. Click on the link in my signature to choose
Re: Storage Space Running Out by Frankenstein: 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
Wittylens:
Simply Move Apps to memory card
I have done that. It didn't work.
Re: Storage Space Running Out by Daintilicious(f): 9:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
Start clearing the cache.
Start from Facebook, then maps, YouTube, etc
Then for the browser just be careful, clearing it will remove all your saved pages so proceed at your risk.

What I'm thinking is that the left over files still cluttered your memory even after you moved them to memory card, some apps are not intelligent enough to gather everything when moving. So move them back see the size of the app, if big clear the cache and move to memory card
Re: Storage Space Running Out by spiralwedge(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
Following religiously cos I have same prob. I can't even download apps from playstore even though I still have 32gb on my SD card and I have also set my default write disk to SD (through setting > storage).

I downloaded SD Maid from play store, very helpful but did not solve my prob.
Re: Storage Space Running Out by braintext(m): 12:39am On Jan 10, 2015
spiralwedge:
Following religiously cos I have same prob. I can't even download apps from playstore even though I still have 32gb on my SD card and I have also set my default write disk to SD (through setting > storage).
I downloaded SD Maid from play store, very helpful but did not solve my prob.
Frankenstein:
Please tech engineers here, I really need your help. I'm currently battling with internal storage issues on my phantom F7.

I have used the root explorer to delete the 'log other mode' file folder but the problem still persists. All my apps are now on my SD card and I have cleared data for so many apps all to no avail.

My available memory is now 42mb and it's going down every second. Total space of 0.98G and used memory is 670mb. Something deep inside the phone is occupying a space of almost 300mb. angry

i made a tutorial on that... Link below

https://www.nairaland.com/2073117/want-know-how-increase-android
Re: Storage Space Running Out by Nmeri17: 5:28am On Jan 10, 2015
initialize:
Just like when you have too much furniture for a Room Apartment, get a Mini flat or a Room and Parlour grin

1GB of RAM or 1GB of App/Installation Memory doesnt cut it for you again. Move on to the next one;

A 2GB RAM phone with at least 3GB App/Installation Memory will do.

I sell Quality phones at relative price. Click on the link in my signature to choose

grin grin
Re: Storage Space Running Out by spiralwedge(m): 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
Guys, i found a solution to my. problems and I felt I should b back here to share it.

Go to play store and search for Clean Master. After installation it will help you find all your junk files to delete on your instruction. it has antivirus feature and can you boost your RAM. it will suggest to you how you can further maximise storage. Again it informs you when your CPU overheats and what apps are causing it.

Sorry can't say all the features. Try it first and come back and like this post.
Re: Storage Space Running Out by Emeka71(m): 10:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
Move MMS files to memory card.
Re: Storage Space Running Out by hovatek: 5:43am On Jan 27, 2015
Frankenstein:

Clear your logs and expand internal storage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5UspcUtCLE

(1) (Reply)

Unblocking T- Mobile Samusung Galaxy S5 / Gionee S10 Leak, Specs And Features / Which Smartphone You Like Most Or You Have Some Recommendation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.