Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? (27804 Views)

Advice : I Care For My Wife But Love Another Woman / Zimbabwean Woman Married To Another Woman For 3 Years Just Found Out (pic) / Big Girl Caught Flaunting Another Woman's Husband Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by findingtruth: 3:59am On Jan 10, 2015
Hello all
I am new here and in need of some good advice. In nov 2013 i married my Nigerian husband (i am American). I have been very good to him and given him anything he has needed to survive and prosper. Saying i love him dearly is an understatement. As i love my husband as if he were part of me. We have had some issues mostly because of cultural differences.
I financially supported him for 8 months while his paperwork was processing to allow him to work here in the USA. Eventually his paperwork went through. He obtained employment but just 3 weeks later quit his job to return to Nigeria for his sister's wedding. I agreed to this because i understood the importance it had and i understood that his father was deceased and he is the oldest son. I understood there was a role he needed to fulfill to his family. I didn't like the idea that after months of assuming complete financially responsibility for our home i would have to continue longer nor the idea of him leaving for 3 weeks but i supported not just our bills but helped him finance his trip.
His trip almost destroyed our marriage as many things went wrong while he was gone. I had reached a point i had considered divorcing him but then i found out i am pregnant. He came back home and our life has went on.
Now 5 months later i found pictures of him and a woman. The comments told me they were getting married. Now i know for sure his sister got married when he traveled and i know for sure these pictures are him.
I have confronted and he has explained that he didn't marry the girl but only done an introduction thing to be able to pass from a boy to a man. However i found these pictures on Facebook from the girls page. Many things he is saying don't add up to the details of the pictures and situation but at the same time because of culture differences i know that there could be things i simply don't understand.
For days i have not slept ate worked nothing. The photos shocked me and upset me enough to go into preterm labor but fortunately i was given medication that has stopped labor for now. But this issue is driving me mad as i can't understand it. I don't know what to believe or who to believe. I have looked at my options and i can either divorce him or remain married. Either way if he didn't marry her or did he has cheated and defiled our marriage.
What do i do? How do i know what's true? How can i can restore peace of mind and happiness? How do i find truth? How do i know if he married her?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by oseiwe(m): 4:09am On Jan 10, 2015
I believe I've answered you before.
I don't know what you are gonna do, but do not be deceived, the truth is bitter, you are the visa to his American dreams.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by cococandy(f): 4:27am On Jan 10, 2015
Sorry to be blunt. He just used you to get work permit and went home to marry a 'submissive' african woman.

How do I know? There's no place that requires him to have an introduction with a girl in order to pass from a boy to a man.
What is the girl's role in his reaching manhood?
That's a lie he told you because he knows you don't understand their culture.
Introductions are a prerequisite for traditional marriage. So that there is his traditional african wife whom he may bring over to the U.S. or not.
Just know that he has another wife in Africa

Sorry this happened to you.
But you will be fine.
Eventually.

And pls for your baby's sake and yours,take it easy,put to bed first and then decide what to do about it.

You know stress and anything that could lead to high blood pressure is not good for a pregnant woman. You don't wanna lose your life over someone who doesn't deserve it.
If you do he will just transport his african madam to come and reap the fruits of your hard labor.
Be strong now. You need it.

39 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by smartigo: 4:31am On Jan 10, 2015
@ poster. I don't have much information to decide for you but similar cases like this are always for the American dream. It is really wickedness on our men who do this but I am not them,so I can't speak for them.

Is he working now?
Does he send money home?
Do you know the sister before now?
How many of his siblings do u know?
What are her full names too( marriage certificate should be juxtapose with her school certificates)
You need not put yourself under pressure for now but I believe, maybe wrong though, you have been formatted all along.
Thank God, you have a baby in ur womb, that should give u all the joy for your sacrifices. With that alone, I will walk away shocked shocked undecided

2 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by findingtruth: 4:37am On Jan 10, 2015
I sincerely appreciate the advice. I am not quit sure what to say as i was hoping that some how there would be truth for what he was telling me.
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by smartigo: 4:46am On Jan 10, 2015
findingtruth:
I sincerely appreciate the advice. I am not quite sure what to say as i was hoping that some how there would be truth for what he was telling me.
If so, why are u disturbed? In fact for now, don't be bothered for your baby's health sake. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Mynd44: 5:00am On Jan 10, 2015
Wow.....

I doubt he told you the truth too. The thing about right of passage into adulthood is most likely false but to be sure, where is he from in Nigeria? This will help us explain this further as different parts of Nigeria have different culture (although none does introduction as a rite of passage)

What sort of comments came with the picture?

Like someone asked, are you close to his family members?

2 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Mynd44: 5:02am On Jan 10, 2015
I read this https://www.nairaland.com/2085405/traditional-edo-wedding-introduction#29655352

I am sorry but he is married to her the traditional way. He probably used you to stay legally in the country.

I know this breaks your head and I cant say more than sorry. This is really sad
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by findingtruth: 5:23am On Jan 10, 2015
I am not real close to his family mostly due to distant. However he had introduced me to all of his family via skype and his sister that does live here we have a relationship.
He is from edo... Benin city
Yes he works but i am unsure if he has sent money home but i know he has not for sure for a couple months as i hold his bank card.
But in the pictures people were congratulating and blessing the marriage. His reason for this is because they assumed they would marry.
He has offered to cut all communication with all friends and family except his mother if i will not divorce him. He has called his mother over this issue in front of me. She wanted to speak to me but i refused to because well what woman calls themselves a Christian and praises god but then assists in something like this? But i could hear her say she is not your wife.
He also called the girl in front of me and wanted to know why she would use his last name and post the pictures. He offered me to speak with her but i figured for what i can't prove that's who was even on the phone....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by findingtruth: 5:26am On Jan 10, 2015
If i knew how to post pictures here i would post them.
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Mynd44: 5:32am On Jan 10, 2015
findingtruth:
If i knew how to post pictures here i would post them.
Underneath the submit feature you will see space and then "upload"

You might want to blur out the faces. Just for security reasons but it is your call though
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Mynd44: 5:33am On Jan 10, 2015
findingtruth:
I am not real close to his family mostly due to distant. However he had introduced me to all of his family via skype and his sister that does live here we have a relationship.
He is from edo... Benin city
Yes he works but i am unsure if he has sent money home but i know he has not for sure for a couple months as i hold his bank card.
But in the pictures people were congratulating and blessing the marriage. His reason for this is because they assumed they would marry.
He has offered to cut all communication with all friends and family except his mother if i will not divorce him. He has called his mother over this issue in front of me. She wanted to speak to me but i refused to because well what woman calls themselves a Christian and praises god but then assists in something like this? But i could hear her say she is not your wife.
He also called the girl in front of me and wanted to know why she would use his last name and post the pictures. He offered me to speak with her but i figured for what i can't prove that's who was even on the phone....
I will like to believe that he is being truthful but I doubt it
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by findingtruth: 5:39am On Jan 10, 2015
Are these actual wedding photos or an introduction

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Mynd44: 5:44am On Jan 10, 2015
Your husband married that lady

The second picture is the introduction while the first and third are pictures from a traditional wedding which counts.

Those are rites of passage into marriage not being a man.

Sorry....

30 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by findingtruth: 5:45am On Jan 10, 2015
Thank you
Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Mynd44: 5:48am On Jan 10, 2015
findingtruth:
Thank you
Err...he is probably going to deny this if you confront him because you don't know the tradition.

I don't know your hurt but I know it must feel like a knife to the back. Take it easy, you have a child to bother about which is more important.

Make sure you stay healthy to survive this and don't make spontaneous decisions.

10 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by obyrich(m): 5:50am On Jan 10, 2015
Actual wedding photos! That's what we call traditional marriage.

14 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Mynd44: 5:53am On Jan 10, 2015
obyrich:
Actual wedding photos! That's what we call traditional marriage.
And he had the nerve to lie on tradition.

14 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by cococandy(f): 5:54am On Jan 10, 2015
Yep. He really got married. Don't believe whatever shyte his mom or any lady pretending or not pretending to be the wife says.
In fact some African ladies will be willing partners in this kind of deceit.

I know a dude from my area that did just the same thing. When he brings his American wife home,his African wife will pretend to be the sister who's living with them.

Some will keep their African wives in another city like Lagos and only take the American wife to see the parents in the village whenever they go visiting.
These two women will never cross paths and the parents will keep mum as long as they get what they want out of their abroad based son.

The American wife is their ticket to a better life and the low self esteem African wife will not mind playing second fiddle as long as her needs are met and she gets to answer Mrs somebody. That's like the highest achievement for them. As long as they are married anything else is secondary.
It doesn't matter who's ox is gored.

Then again some of them are truly innocent and will keep waiting and hoping for the year the husband will take them to America not knowing it will never happen as he already is legally married over there.

Pls save the pictures and use them to kick his sorry ass to the curb once you're fit and able to undergo the stress of legal perambulation.

Make him pay angry

42 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by samyan12: 5:55am On Jan 10, 2015
Aww this is so sad. This marriage is legal and binding.. Cant blame the.lady too,cos he.was probably dating her.before leaving for the states.

10 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Otuabaroku: 5:59am On Jan 10, 2015
Sometimes when people do something like this, I just wondered if we have the same conscience.

@Op, do not be deceived, he is married to the girl . I think you should not put your life and that of your baby at risk by worrying so much on what has happened(though very difficult to achieve).

It will be better to deliver your baby safely first. Then take it from there. Sorry on what has happened.

9 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by findingtruth: 6:24am On Jan 10, 2015
He did date her before he left. 2 weeks before we married i found messages but he said she never done any wrong to him and was planning to let her fade herself out. I tried to be understanding as i did not want to hurt her either because i could understand loving someone and life going its own way. So i went forward with marriage with the understanding that he would drop communication and ties with her.
I only came across these pictures because i found an odd paper in his wallet that had a police report number on it. So i got on Facebook trying to see if he maybe had a facebook page with another name. So i searched his sister's page went to her friend list and i seen the name esther. Now i was curious as to who she was because esther was the name if the girl and right on her page was these pictures.

3 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by findingtruth: 6:25am On Jan 10, 2015
Additionally i emailed the girl before we married asking she have no communication with my husband so she is completely aware he is married.

1 Like

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 10, 2015
So sad.... Men and deceit.

Sorry you were used.

3 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by omalistic(f): 6:30am On Jan 10, 2015
Oh my God!

This is so heartbreaking, I can't even begin to imagine your pain. Be strong and take good care of your unborn child.

6 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Nutase: 6:33am On Jan 10, 2015
Sorry dear cos shot happens

1 Like

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by flinton(m): 6:39am On Jan 10, 2015
Itz plain wickedness using ppl wrongly
I wish u dnt confront him now but quietly plan his downfall nd smile to him Wen he will b boarding his last plane to naija

13 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by findingtruth: 6:39am On Jan 10, 2015
Heartbreaking doesn't explain. I feel as if my soul left my body and all that is left is a beating aching heart.
But the support and clarity i am given tonight does not hurt me at all. The more i understand and know the more i feel like i can breath.
The information that is being given to me today only gives me faith that there is still some good left in this world and that god does allow the truth to be told.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by omalistic(f): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2015
findingtruth:
Heartbreaking doesn't explain. I feel as if my soul left my body and all that is left is a beating aching heart.
But the support and clarity i am given tonight does not hurt me at all. The more i understand and know the more i feel like i can breath.
The information that is being given to me today only gives me faith that there is still some good left in this world and that god does allow the truth to be told.

Yes, God allows the truth to be told, and He will give the strength and wisdom you need to overcome this.

Its sheer wickedness, what he did. But karma always has its way.

Be strong, and remember that there will ALWAYS be light at the end of the tunnel.

Take good care of yourself dear.

9 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 10, 2015
Kai we are wicked sha. The whole family even the girl will gather and lie to you because you are their bread and butter

24 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by Onegai(f): 7:56am On Jan 10, 2015
Honey, he just got his green card, right? Well, save these facebook pages (screengrab, whatever) and get yourself to an Immigration Centre. Also, have all your taxes and bills to show you were supporting financially. Your man just committed Bigamy and last I checked, when you have a green card, they are pretty touchy over you committing a crime (you can lose it based on that).

He's used you to get a US Green card. And his family, his mother will lie on a bible (swear) that it's not true. People are desperate like that. Even the girl will lie. He will promise all sorts to keep you around him 3 years he needs to make that green card a US passport

23 Likes

Re: Did My Husband Marry Another Woman? by mikeywise(m): 8:03am On Jan 10, 2015
This is sheer wickedness

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Missing Since 2008 (Pictured) / How Can I Free Her From My Bondage / Why Do Pregnant Ladies Act Funny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.