Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F (6554 Views)

Arabian Big Boys Intimidate London's Citizens With Their Million Dollar Cars / BLASPHEMY: Pastor Adeboye Arrested & Ordered To Do Frog Jump / Cossy Orjiakor Replies Blogger Who Wrote An Open Letter To Her And Tonto Dikeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by sugarboii(m): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-8nsMWDaR4AY/VLBSac4OlnI/AAAAAAABepY/OvIOuM_IqZE/s280/saudi%2Bblogger.jpg[/img]
A Saudi Arabian blogger has been publicly flogged after being convicted of cyber crime and insulting Islam, BBC reports. Raif Badawi, who was sentenced to 1,000 lashesand 10 years in jail, was flogged 50 times.

The flogging will be carried out weekly, campaigners say.

Mr Badawi, the co-founder of a now banned website called the Liberal Saudi Network, was arrested in 2012. Rights groups condemned his conviction and the US appealed for clemency.

On Thursday state department spokeswoman Jen Psaki urged the Saudi authorities to "cancel this brutal punishment" and to review his case.

In addition to his sentence, Mr Badawi was ordered to pay a fine of 1 million riyals ($266,000; £175,000).

In 2013 he was cleared of apostasy , which could have carried a death sentence.

Last year Mr Badawi's lawyer was sentenced to 15 years in prison after being found guilty of a range of offences in an anti-terrorism court, the Associated Press news agency reported.

The flogging took place outside a mosque in the Red Sea city of Jeddah after Friday prayers, witnesses said.

AFP news agency, quoting people at the scene, said Mr Badawi arrived at the mosque in a police car and had the charges read out to him in front of a crowd.

He was then made to stand with his back to onlookers and whipped, though he remained silent, the witnesses said.

Source: http://www.jovialmum.com/2015/01/check-out-saudi-blogger-who-was-flogged.html?m=1
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Fash20: 8:52am On Jan 10, 2015
He was served right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by gunuvi(m): 8:59am On Jan 10, 2015
Wonder shall never end! This arabs and muslims should know this is 2015 and not 2000 BC

6 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by carterguccy(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2015
What a peaceful religion...grin

11 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by holicalpha(m): 9:18am On Jan 10, 2015
And some dunces want a man that might do this to our beloved Nigerians..... Anyways Mr blogger to u sorry for being born in the wrong country, God give you plenty strength..... They say Islam is peaceful....do they know the meaning of peaceful.? Please I don't see how Islam is peaceful,explain it to me.

7 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by carterguccy(m): 9:19am On Jan 10, 2015
Wonder shall never end! This arabs and muslims should know this is 2015 and not 2000 BC. I wonder oooooo.. Abeg elp mi tel dem oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by moderatorr1: 10:11am On Jan 10, 2015
50 strokes per week. You will die at the 3red week.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Fash20: 10:12am On Jan 10, 2015
holyjossy01:
Have ever noticed a real Muslim, you could see the wickedness on their faces.
Islam is evil and everyone knows it. Their is no peace and joy in their countries. their women are slaves and put at the background.
Their mentor killed as much as possible during his time, and every follower wants to be like his master.
So they are just like their master, nothing else.
Na yu get your mouth ooo

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by joeyekembele: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2015
Fash20:
He was served right.

You are a disgrace to Nigerians. Your type are supposed to be with ISIS. E-boko haram

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Bigloaf: 10:56am On Jan 10, 2015
God help us. Isam, God forbide.
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by olufikistick: 11:01am On Jan 10, 2015
nawa
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by joeyekembele: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2015
Was Mohammed born of a woman? Did Mohammed live with flesh and blood? Was there conscience in Mohammed when he had not died and gone to HELL? What the devil Mohammed was made up of? According to the news, the blogger was cleared of Apostasy in 2013, which would have earned him a death penalty. APOSTASY means, converting from Islam. What an occultism? If Islam were a religion of God as claimed, why would continuous membership not be voluntary? You don't dare denounce cultism and be allowed to live. What a satanic religion? Think of what the world would have being without Islam. A peaceful place you know? It hurts me when a gullibly deceived person proclaim that islam is a religion of peace. May be they meant to say, a religion of piece. I pity the fools that are not wise enough to debunk the falsehood of Islam. Walk on the streets to see how dirty and unkept they look. The masquerade of women the keep. The fact is, there is no peaceful Muslim. They all have violent tendency. What is peaceful in killing, maiming, raping, forcefully adapting women and children, denying people their freedom of expression etc. Is that the Islamic definition of peace? Some would tell you that those perpetrating those heinous and dastardly acts are not true Muslims. Which religion practises sharia? Which religion says ' allah akbar' which religion sees the satanic book called qoran as a holy book and the Hadith as the life of the satanic prophet Mohammed? I weep if I keep writing.

7 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by joeyekembele: 11:15am On Jan 10, 2015
Fash20:
Clap for ya self. E-diot.

Can you see what the satanic religion (islam)has imparted into you? Aggression and violence. Else, why the insult on my person now. E- Boko Haram. Go to Sambisa or Syria to help your fellow killers that are donating blood for your evil prophet of falsehood. Nigeria ain't a place for your like. E-killer.
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Vikky014(f): 11:17am On Jan 10, 2015
islam ooooooooooooo.tufia!!!!!!!&
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Fash20: 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
joeyekembele:

Can you see what the satanic religion (islam)has imparted into you? Aggression and violence. Else, why the insult on my person now. E- Boko Haram. Go to Sambisa or Syria to help your fellow killers that are donating blood for your evil prophet of falsehood. Nigeria ain't a place for your like. E-killer.
pack well jare. What do u mean by E-killer,E-Boko Haram?. We are in Nigeria boy, we are free to practice any religion.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Fash20: 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
joeyekembele:
Was Mohammed born of a woman? Did Mohammed live with flesh and blood? Was there conscience in Mohammed when he had not died and gone to HELL? What the devil Mohammed was made up of? According to the news, the blogger was cleared of Apostasy in 2013, which would have earned him a death penalty. APOSTASY means, converting from Islam. What an occultism? If Islam were a religion of God as claimed, why would continuous membership not be voluntary? You don't dare denounce cultism and be allowed to live. What a satanic religion? Think of what the world would have being without Islam. A peaceful place you know? It hurts me when a gullibly deceived person proclaim that islam is a religion of peace. May be they meant to say, a religion of piece. I pity the fools that are not wise enough to debunk the falsehood of Islam. Walk on the streets to see how dirty and unkept they look. The masquerade of women the keep. The fact is, there is no peaceful Muslim. They all have violent tendency. What is peaceful in killing, maiming, raping, forcefully adapting women and children, denying people their freedom of expression etc. Is that the Islamic definition of peace? Some would tell you that those perpetrating those heinous and dastardly acts are not true Muslims. Which religion practises sharia? Which religion says ' allah akbar' which religion sees the satanic book called qoran as a holy book and the Hadith as the life of the satanic prophet Mohammed? I weep if I keep writing.
NA YoU GET YOUR IF U LIKE CHOP SHIT. I DON'T BLOODY CARE

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Tundenoni(m): 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
cursed religion...

I trust my general,he can't do this to us..

SAIBUHARI
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by collins123(m): 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
Tundenoni:
cursed religion...

SAIBUHARI

[size=13pt]Even though I am Pro-GMB, you sound like your brain is no longer connected to your head.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Tinyemeka(m): 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Tundenoni:
cursed religion...

SAIBUHARI

LOL. Epic confusion. smiley
First you curse the religion, then you hail an adherent of same religion.

Your degree of reasoning is unique.
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
next following wk, this guy go die
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
collins123:

[size=13pt]Even though I am Pro-GMB, you sound like your brain is no longer connected to your head.[/size]

lmao
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Tundenoni(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
collins123:

Mumu....listen carefully...

I mean. SAIBUHARI...
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Tundenoni(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
Tinyemeka:

LOL. Epic confusion. smiley
First you curse the religion, then you hail an adherent of same religion.

Your degree of reasoning is unique.

No Mistake!

I hate Islam, I love Buhari..

Politics is not connected with religion...
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by AreaFada2: 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
Tundenoni:

No Mistake!

I hate Islam, I love Buhari..

Politics is not connected with religion...

Really? Which patch of the galaxy are you in?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by olumuyiolaoluwa: 2:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Religion of piss.
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
If that is the Law over there. Then so be it. Committing a blaspheme against the religion of the state is criminal. Same applies in the Jewish state.
I've seen numerous sentimental hypocrites comment, but their non - objectivity holds no water.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by DoctorAshley(f): 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
d guy is kinda cute
wat a shame cry
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by nefertiitii: 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
Na wa oooo cry cry cry
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Ahmeduana(m): 5:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
gunuvi:
Wonder shall never end! This arabs and muslims should know this is 2015 and not 2000 BC
FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH YOU TAKE FOR GRANTED IN NIGERIA IS AN EXPENSIVE COMMODITY SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Re: Saudi Arabian Blogger Who Was Flogged Openly, Jailed & Ordered To Pay $266,000 F by Defcon1(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
"Islam is a religion of peace"
grin

That's the greatest lie ever told!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Two Mad People Show Love To Each Other In Public / Top Social Media Networks That May Dominate 2017 (Modified) / 23-yr-old Stripper Exposes B00bs To Increase Twitter Fans (PICTURED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.