Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,113 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC (13683 Views)

"Stop Exploiting Buhari’s Ill Health" - Northern Group Tells Yoruba Leaders / Buhari’s CSO Expels Punch Reporter From Aso Villa Over Ill-Health Story / Parties’ Positions At The Meeting With INEC On Poll Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Sirniyeh(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
By Edegbe Odemwingie
— Jan 10, 2015

The House of Representatives Committee on Electoral Matters yesterday postponed a meeting with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and stakeholders following the ill-health of the INEC chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega.

The Jerry Manwe-led House Committee had invited INEC and other stakeholders to discuss Nigeria’s preparedness for the 2015 general elections.

“The chairman (Manwe) has just directed me to convey the inability of the INEC chairman to come for the meeting tomorrow (Friday) as a result of ill-health.

“Accordingly, the meeting of tomorrow (yesterday) will not hold. A new date will be communicated please. All inconveniences are regretted,” a statement by the acting clerk of the National Assembly, Mr Oscar Okoro read.

In an earlier notice on the meeting, the committee stated that, “the purpose of this event is to underscore the current burning issues on 2015 general elections and to proffer necessary solutions.”

According to the House Committee, the stakeholders will address, INEC’s level of preparedness for the next month’s election, funding, security issues, franchise of internally displaced persons and sundry issues arising from concerns by Nigerians.

Presidential and National Assembly elections are scheduled for February 14 while governorship and House of Assembly election will hold on February 28.

Monitors have raised the alarm over the possibility of elections in the insurgency-threatened northeast. The chances of the country’s 3.3 million internally displaced persons (IDPs) voting in the 2015 elections remains a major political issue.

http://leadership.ng/news/400931/jegas-ill-health-reps-cancel-scheduled-meeting-inec

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by braivheart: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
WHAT!?!
This better be a joke o.

4 Likes

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Dreal1247: 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
Everybody involved in this election issue has to be extremely careful now. Anything can happen.

5 Likes

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
Jega get well soon

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by amakufrancis(m): 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
Quick recovery Sir.

11 Likes

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Sirniyeh(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
Plot to postpone election... I dey laugh

5 Likes

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nigerians will resist any attempt to 2 do ojoro

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by nduchucks: 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
May providence intervene one way or the other and make our great nation succesful against all odds. This election will hold, our great nation will remain united, and Insha Allah, we shall be a great nation, sooner rather than later.

SAI BUHARI.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Mutuwa(m): 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Sirniyeh:

U smell a rat do u?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Alphaoscar: 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
I hope he's not been given Y'aruada treatment by the powers that be.

1 Like

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by aare07(m): 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
God will give him sound health

Sai Buhari

7 Likes

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by omenka(m): 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
They should better not try it oo. Even if na joke.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by omenka(m): 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Sirniyeh:
I don't see a plot to postpone, rather a plot to edge Jega out and replace him with a stooge.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by knightsTempler: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
undecided
Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by mazzi: 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
Get well soon sir.GEJ till the conversion of the jews.

5 Likes

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Ellidude(m): 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
Not funny at all. The Nigerian political arena is not safe anymore.
Speedy recovery sire.

3 Likes

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Chitexs250(m): 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
Beloved, let us VOTE right in
If SOMEONE is;
J = Just
O = On
N = Negative
A = Assignments
T = To
H = Harm
A = All
N = Nigerians
THEN we must also find someone who
will
B = Bring
U = Us
H = Hope
A = And
R = Remove
I = Incompetence

CHANGE in 2015 is desirable and
inevitable.
2015 Campaign Massages

APC 1. We will ensure stable power supply / PDP 1. Where is Mrs Buhari?

APC 2. We are going to fight corruption /
PDP 2. APC plotted to hack INEC computers

APC 3. We are going to fight terrorism /
PDP 3. Some senior citizens are motor park touts
APC. 4. We are going to invest in agriculture /
PDP 4. South South can collapse economy if Jonathan loses

APC 5. We are going to upgrade the standard of Education /
PDP 5. I’ll expose failures of ex-heads of state

VOTE ƑØЯ CHANGE

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Jega: Jonathan ebele Goodluck azikwe
I wish you quick recovery

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Dlionsheart: 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nooooooo, Jega, you can't be sick now. Be healed in Jesus name, amen!

Rise up and walk.
praise the Lord somebody..........

1 Like

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by jingh(f): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
no form for me jare
stand up now before I give you an ear deafening slap.
you can fall sick after d election but before the election, don't try to fall sick.
If you think one drunkard fit use you post one election, then you re on a long thing.
#buhari4change

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by TOPMAN4LIFE: 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
B strong
Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by appini: 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
Never change a winning team... Jega must deliver!
Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Truth24(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
Watching dem APCheats running dier mouths

7 Likes

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Nutase: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2015
Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by hahn(m): 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
omenka:
I don't see a plot to postpone, rather a plot to edge Jega out and replace him with a stooge.

Jega is a stooge himself

3 Likes

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by whizbee(m): 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
ill-health could be a slight headache...*stop making something outta nothing
Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Joel3(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
jaga nor die oh.

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by gebest: 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
abi good luck has met him again just the way good luck met yara'dua. next month election there shall be no magomago.

1 Like

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by SweetJoystick(m): 4:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
wish him quick recovery for the task ahead and his life personally
Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by lilbazy(m): 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
Chitexs250:
Beloved, let us VOTE right in
If SOMEONE is;
J = Just
O = On
N = Negative
A = Assignments
T = To
H = Harm
A = All
N = Nigerians
THEN we must also find someone who
will
B = Bring
U = Us
H = Hope
A = And
R = Remove
I = Incompetence

CHANGE in 2015 is desirable and
inevitable.
2015 Campaign Massages

APC 1. We will ensure stable power supply / PDP 1. Where is Mrs Buhari?

APC 2. We are going to fight corruption /
PDP 2. APC plotted to hack INEC computers

APC 3. We are going to fight terrorism /
PDP 3. Some senior citizens are motor park touts
APC. 4. We are going to invest in agriculture /
PDP 4. South South can collapse economy if Jonathan loses

APC 5. We are going to upgrade the standard of Education /
PDP 5. I’ll expose failures of ex-heads of state

VOTE ƑØЯ CHANGE
shut up and stop deceiving nigerians because you are trying to make money for you and your family,the change nigeria needs starts from an individual in every ramiphication of life...old men are paying you to be deceiving your fellow youths and you can't stand against it,let he who hasn't been corrupt from the day his/her mother gave birth to him/her throw stone at goodluck jonathan!!! Buhari's pension as a retired general should be above 20million per month and still yet he lied about borrowing 27million for his presidential form!!! He doesn't have a certificate but he wants to rule nigeria and you are here shouting change! Better get a life

8 Likes

Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Built2last: 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ok na
Re: Jega’s Ill Health: Reps Cancel Scheduled Meeting With INEC by Kororugged: 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2015
Does he not have a deputy?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Mai Mala Buni May Step Down As Caretaker Committee Chairman / Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) / Jonathan Condemns Death Of British Missionary In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.