Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) (13670 Views)

Economic Hardship: Borno State Governor Declares One-Day Fasting And Prayer / Alex Otti Declares 7-Day Fasting, Prayer Ahead Of May 29 Inauguration In Abia / Policemen Clash With Soldiers Few Poles To Ebonyi Government House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:41pm On May 08, 2021
Unknown Gunmen : Ebonyi State Govt Ends Seven Days Fasting & Prayer (Photos)

By Wisdom Nwedene, Abakaliki

Ebonyi State Government under the leadership of Governor David Nweze Umahi on Saturday ended the seven days fasting and prayer which was aimed at seeking the face of God over the insecurity ravaging the country, Igbere TV reports.

IGBERE TV reports that the Fasting and Prayer were organised in partnership with the Ebonyi State Chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).

Speaking after the seven days Fasting and Prayer, Governor Umahi said he fully trust in God that their prayers have been answered.

According to Governor Umahi, "I am happy and I fully trust in God that our prayers have been answered."

"In a special way, I thank the CAN and our Bishops for standing in the gap in this period of crisis. The peace we have enjoyed within these 6 years of our administration is all by the grace of God in partnership with our Pastors."

"My dear wife has been my great partner in progress knowing that combining office work and fasting and Prayers are not easy jobs but she has always been by my side and keeps the home running."

"I thank the Deputy Governor, the Speaker, EXCO members, and members of the Ebonyi State House of Assembly for their partnership both before and in this time we are seeking the face of God."

"We engaged in these Fasting and Prayers because we believe in God and believe that when we seek the face of God, he will answer us."

"To God be the Glory."

Source: https://igberetvnews.com/1389422/unknown-gunmen-ebonyi-state-govt-ends-seven-days-fasting-prayer-photos/

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by Arda1000(m): 8:45pm On May 08, 2021
Lie dis Umahi don mellow

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by oilPUSSY(f): 8:49pm On May 08, 2021
This man is becoming a clown

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by SmartProf(m): 8:49pm On May 08, 2021
My people perish for lack of knowledge. Even Israelites today aren't using fasting and prayers as a national security strategy.

98 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by youngeagle(m): 8:58pm On May 08, 2021
Let peace reign, all life's matter, whether unknown gun men or security forces, even a petty thief...Things Change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by goodnessme1(f): 9:01pm On May 08, 2021
Prayer without work is waste of time.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by mcbreeze: 9:04pm On May 08, 2021
How these governors think, sometimes weak me. Do they think that as they are fools, they governing foolish people?

You will leave the problem in which the solution is glaring and start praying.
Anyway God is not man, and has never been a God of injustice

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by Brimstone77: 9:06pm On May 08, 2021
He should get ready to commence another praying and fasting next week because the storm is still very far from being over!!

19 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by Righteousness2(m): 9:11pm On May 08, 2021
Fasting and Prayer is good in times like these but it should be done in Holiness and Purity else it is either a Weight loss Program or Comprehensive Hunger Strike action.

13 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by RuddyFusion(m): 9:41pm On May 08, 2021
Political fasting and prayer...

God cannot be mocked... whatever you plant , you reap

6 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by cybersoldiers: 10:08pm On May 08, 2021
Gov umahi didn't know that those Yoruba scammer pastors he invited just scammed me.

They told him that after giving them them billions belonging to Ebonyi, that they will stop ugm.

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by oilPUSSY(f): 11:40pm On May 08, 2021
Righteousness2:
Fasting and Prayer should be done in Holiness and Purity else it is either a Weight loss Program or Comprehensive Hunger Strike action.

7 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by iammo(m): 3:40am On May 09, 2021
I wonder how much Umahi budgeted for "Security Fasting and Prayer exercise"

Governors catching cruise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by Nobody: 6:57am On May 09, 2021
Foolish man. Keep fasting and praying but make sure you are ready because it will soon get to your doorstep and no amount of prayers will save any of you Eastern Governors.

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by SmartPolician: 5:29pm On May 09, 2021
This prayer is just like pouring grains of sand into your garri and praying fo God to remove them. A complete waste of useful time.

6 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by Sunisonflex39(m): 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
This is funny...
Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by shortgun(m): 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
Once anyone joins APC, they donate their brains to the coven.

Just point out anyone in APC that have a fully functional brain?....
How else do you explain my boss in 2015, someone with a masters arguing that Buhari "will stabilise international oil price".... whatever that means.

8 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by revived: 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
E go be

Siggy
Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by wayne4loan: 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
Righteousness2:
Fasting and Prayer in times like these but it should be done in Holiness and Purity else it is either a Weight loss Program or Comprehensive Hunger Strike action.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by opalu: 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
Amen!
Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by SodO9: 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
What manners of fuckery is this
Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by joinpreneur(m): 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
Listening or being attentive to the weepings of poor innocent people dying daily by providing for them what they deserve in sincerity and culmination with your oat during swearing in which you vowed to fulfill your political agenda and ensure maximum security for them. Save your fasting for your own life and family. Listen to the cry of the PEOPLE. Obedience is better than sacrifice. Obey by loving God first. And loving fellow humans. Cause if you love them, you won't be politicking them. You won't be heartless to them...so many things...

Please, save your fasting and go listen to the voice of your people. Prayers have been answered. Now it remains your work.

3 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by merits(m): 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
Good let how it goes.
Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by odiomachi(m): 5:30pm On May 09, 2021
No peace without a fight for it. Instead of
them to equip their security with better weapons, they are playing
around....
Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by princepee: 5:31pm On May 09, 2021
Audio fasting....
Political fasting...
God will not do for you what you can do for yourself.
Quite playing politics with human life.
Stop open grazing in your state. And deal with the herdsmen if they disobey.
And half of your state plobrem will be solved.
That is if you have the politcal will to do so.
Everything is not religion.
I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by vengertime: 5:31pm On May 09, 2021
Umahi steals like rats, and still goes to church to decieve people.

Meanwhile, while he was praying the Zoo Police are on the run

Re: Unknown Gunmen: Ebonyi Government Ends 7-Day Fasting & Prayer (Photos) by Authoreety: 5:31pm On May 09, 2021
Prayer is the key...
There is nothing prayer does not do

But

Faith without work is useless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu: Should Nigerians Really Shut Up? By Promise Adiele / PDP Lauds Buhari’s Commitment To Credible Elections, Cashless Policy / 10th NASS Leadership: Tinubu In Secret Talks With Opposition Members-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.