Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,461 members, 7,850,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:54 AM

Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized (26012 Views)

Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? / 5 Dangerous Signs Your Pastor Is A Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by BreezyRita(f): 11:02am On Jan 11, 2015
Some of these things are true.
But we had this discussion of worldly dance before. Now, what is a godly dance?? How's it?? The drinking and cohabiting part is true....

Now someone mentioned "come as you are".
I think I'll reply later....
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 11, 2015
The white man's God is equally as racists as the white man.

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by HrtBrkSteve(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2015
Noneroone:
lies are better told with grammar grin
HahAha, grammar u say?...but its not a lie.
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 11, 2015
@op.. Jesus Christ came for sinners not the Hoky Holy. After all he drank alcohol. Was in the company of gangsters and prostituts and was friends withbshylocks and tax collectors.. wetin be your own. Haba!!

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Movesz(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Ilekeh(f): 11:55am On Jan 11, 2015
Christian religion is against adoption?

Since when?
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by IamDanto7(m): 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by joshrare(m): 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
mentorandfriend:
The ideals of the early church that Jesus and the apostles founded have all faded away, but God still has a remnant. Prayer has lost relevance, charity that is Agape has disappeared. All I see is two sex patners wedding every saturday, drug barons and thugs sitting in front seats in church, womanizers as choir leaders, seductresses finding their way into a naive pastors heart effortlessly. The fire of God has disappeared from many churches. And christains, let me not go there. They say they are christains but they collect bribes, demand for sex from female students, yet they are deacons in churches. That is why I hate anyone fronting ethno-religious sentiments as a way of getting my votes. I only vote people based on credibilty, not whether they are christains or muslims. Any christain who lives in fornication, tells lies, collects bribes, and embodies corruption is not my brother in faith. I disown such a person.

Christians not christains
Pls take note
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by joshrare(m): 12:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
@op,. Any church that run services as listed above is no longer a church but a social gathering..
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Lachynos2k2(m): 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
dhardline:
So true...I passed thru a catholic church on a sunday evening and they were playing shoki in the church premises. undecided angry
God bless u ..I tot I was alone here.I live beside a catholic cathedral..last December they were playing ''panti no n'iro'' by flavour..on one end of d year ceremony..and some Christian mothers were rocking d music..I got ashamed of my Catholic church..
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by joshrare(m): 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
Originalsly:
2. "No standard for membership?" ...was there ever a standard to be part of the church? But there are standards for being a leader in the church. E.g...if a man can't control his family then he should not have a position in the chuurch...but yet we see prominent pastors who can't manage their family being allowed to hold top leadership in the church. 3. "Premarital sex and cohabitation".... what is sinful about that? What does marriage mean in the Bible?...must one go to a church and take vows and sign and swear before he is considered married?...is this Biblical? This is secular and so many including OP now believe it is Biblical. Good topic...but is for each of us to read the Bible for ourselves and discern whether what goes on inside the buildings marked churches is actually church, club or entertainment activities.

Are you saying premarital sex/cohabitation is not a sin?
Bros premarital sex has been frown @ since 64bc, if you have any doubt ask your grannies
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by suwailad(f): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
believers loveworld aka christ embassy comes to mind amongst others winners chapel etc

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by julioralph(m): 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
dhardline:
So true...I passed thru a catholic church on a sunday evening and they were playing shoki in the church premises. undecided angry
I guess you were returning from the beer parlour when you passed 2ru the church, that's why the song sounded like shoki to you!!!

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Vado(m): 1:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
Baptist or CAC for life. Although, no denomination is devoid of it own flaws, it's never to the level of bold decadence exhibited by these new-generation churches, many of whom are headed by false MOGs anyway.

Picture me looking for salvation in Chris Okotie's & his likes church? HELL NO!
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by elantraceey(f): 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
Japhet04:
lol,why are you stalking me cool

stalking you ke
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by CSTR: 1:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
99.9% of christian marriages in churches are rife with premarital sexx today.
Following the requirement of holiness as the prerequisite to see God, i doubt if Nigerians in heaven would be up to 100.
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
elantraceey:

yes I'm stalking you because....
lipsrsealed lol what? wink
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by kalufelix(m): 1:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
Typical of an African
Equates logical reasoning and advanced knowledge to EVIL and consequently very repulsive to change...

Am outta here...
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by sirTesco(m): 1:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
U are very much on point.
This act is found mostly in all this new generational churches were fresh graduates who have no good paying jobs are pastors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by elantraceey(f): 1:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
Japhet04:
lipsrsealed lol what? wink
you're a crook
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
elantraceey:

you're so cool,I think I......you wink
really? cool

kidding sha wink
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by elantraceey(f): 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
Japhet04:
really? cool

kidding sha wink

wait o , are you having a conversation with yourself?
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
elantraceey:

wait o , are you having a conversation with yourself?
lmao cheesy

Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Billygee2u: 1:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
dhardline:
but just imagine a so called Rev.father using pigeon to know ot make prediction .
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Billygee2u: 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
CSTR:
99.9% of christian marriages in churches are rife with premarital sexx today.
Following the requirement of holiness as the prerequisite to see God, i doubt if Nigerians in heaven would be up to 100.
if they're over fifty that means the pastors are doing well
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Frankenstein: 1:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:
Not all are true.
A church, apart from being a house of worship is also regarded where men and women meet to relate with each other better. So some of those points aforementioned might not be horizontally related to being classified as a secular church.
A church is strictly a house of worship. Nothing more, nothing less!

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 11, 2015
Muslims are known for Violence and 72 virgins awaiting you in Heaven, while the Christians deceive themselves in Sin and even deceives the Devil as well. Choose one to follow lipsrsealed
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by macof(m): 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
The most important thing is to value your ethnic culture not some stupid Jewish poo
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
julioralph:

I guess you were returning from the beer parlour when you passed 2ru the church, that's why the song sounded like shoki to you!!!

There is no argument on that. Just go to a catholic church on a harvest day. You'll hear all kinds of worldly songs. Alcohol of all kinds are also allowed.
I don't know about the catholic churches in the village, but the one in Lagos. It has constituted a tradition for the aforementioned things to be done on the day of harvest.
Re: Signs Your Church Has Been Secularized by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
julioralph:

There is no argument on that. Just go to a catholic church on a harvest day. You'll hear all kinds of worldly songs. Alcohol of all kinds are also allowed.
I don't know about the catholic churches in the village, but the ones in Lagos. It has constituted a tradition for the aforementioned things to be done on the day of harvest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: What Is Your Church's Theme For The Year?? / Father Mbaka "Resurrects A Dead Baby" During Church Crusade - NationalHelm / The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.