Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,703 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? (3940 Views)

Can You Identify The Perfect Guy On This Billboard? Is It Jesus? / 'my Late Sister Will Return To Her Skeleton This Year' - Pastor (photo) / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by truthislight: 11:27am On Jan 16, 2015
John5:22
Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted ALL judgment to the Son,

John5:20
For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed.

Peace.
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by Emusan(m): 10:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
truthislight:

For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed.

Peace.

Are you sure you really understand the OP?
The OP asked, who will return to judge? and went ahead to list many OT scriptures that say it is Yahweh and the NT that say it's Jesus, after all the Op didn't say he didn't know that this verse you quoted is not in the Bible but

*why will Yahweh say he will be the one to judge but the judgement is now shifted to Jesus?
*Did Yahweh change his mind?
*Did Yahweh didn't know initially that He won't be the one to judge before He declared them?
*why Yahweh didn't make a direct statement that He will send someone rather than attributing it to Himself?
*OR Yahweh has truly come as He promised?

I think this what the OP need clarification of.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by plappville(f): 7:07am On May 17, 2015
Nice topic! Good work from CANTICLES and others. More replies are welcome please.. smiley
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by Image123(m): 10:56pm On May 18, 2015
plappville:
Nice topic! Good work from CANTICLES and others. More replies are welcome please.. smiley

plap plap, how far na? Hope all is well, long time no see.
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by enilove(m): 3:06am On May 19, 2015
Emusan:

Are you sure you really understand the OP?
The OP asked, who will return to judge? and went ahead to list many OT scriptures that say it is Yahweh and the NT that say it's Jesus, after all the Op didn't say he didn't know that this verse you quoted is not in the Bible but

*why will Yahweh say he will be the one to judge but the judgement is now shifted to Jesus?
*Did Yahweh change his mind?
*Did Yahweh didn't know initially that He won't be the one to judge before He declared them?
*why Yahweh didn't make a direct statement that He will send someone rather than attributing it to Himself?
*OR Yahweh has truly come as He promised?

I think this what the OP need clarification of.

The problem with OP is that he is trying to rewrite the Bible.
The verses the OP quoted are diff from what is written in the Bible :

Psalm 96:6, 13 KJV
Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary. [13] Before the Lord : for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

Isaiah 66:15 KJV
For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Psalm 50:3 KJV
Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Zechariah 14:13-15 KJV
And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. [14] And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. [15] And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

Most Christians think and assumed that the old testaments talk only about Jehovah and never mentioned Jesus. Many believe their pastors more than the plainly written word of God.
A simple example can be seen when Jesus appeared to Abraham in :

Genesis 18:1-3, 16-17, 20-24, 26 KJV
And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; [2] And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them , he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, [3] And said, My Lord, ( NOT MY LORDS ) if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: [16] And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. [17] And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; [20] And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; [21] I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. [22] And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the Lord . [23] And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? [24] Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein? [26] And the Lord said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

These verses above indicate that Abraham spoke physically with the Lord . But can any man see the Father and be alive? Definitely not . The "Lord" that Abraham spoke with was Jesus .
It also supports the fact that it is Jesus that will come and give judgements in the last day . He said "the cry which come unto me ". The angels report to Jesus .

Another fact to show that Jesus is mentioned in the old testament and to judge the world is this :

Psalm 110:1-2, 4-6 KJV
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. [2] The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. [4] The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. [5] The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. [6] He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

KJV differentiate BTW Jehovah and Jesus in verses above by using Capital letters to show Jehovah, "LORD" and Jesus as "Lord".

Take note of d foll .

The LORD has sworn ,and will not repent ,"Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek .

The Lord "at thy right hand shall ......

He shall judge ............

Who is a priest for ever after Melchizedek? Jesus
Who sits at the right hand of God ? Jesus
Who did psalm 110 say will judge the world ? Jesus.

It is there4 wrong and misleading to replace the word "Lord" with "Yahweh" in the Bible because it is used for Jesus Christ as well.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by plappville(f): 6:16am On May 19, 2015
Image123:

plap plap, how far na? Hope all is well, long time no see.

Am good thanks. And you? I do come once once to spy.......have alot of project at hand.
This topic is a nice one. What do you have to say?? It good to see that Frosbel is still active here. Keep it up Man.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 8:58am On May 19, 2015
Emusan:

You and the guy you quoted didn't understand the OP, what the Op is simply saying is that Yahweh spoke many times in the OT that Yahweh will come by HIMSELF to judge His people but everything change in the NT that it's Jesus who will do the Judge. How come? Did Yahweh change His mind? Or, Has Yahweh truly come?

Any idea?

Yahweh didn't change his mind.

Jesus is a representation of Yahweh(he does nothing of his will but the will of Yahweh). By appointing Jesus as the one to Judge mankind (Acts 17:30, 31), it is really not change because Jesus does the will of Yahweh.

Its like a president saying: "I will be at the conference next week", but sending a representative. That representative will be briefed by the president on what to do.

So also, by appointing Jesus as judge, Yahweh is still the Judge.

Jesus is being given responsibilities in the Bible, another of which is being king of God's kingdom. But notice what the scripture below says:

1cor 15:27, 28 - For yahweh subjected all things under his(Jesus) feet. But when he says 'all things have been subjected,' it is evidently that this does not include the one who subjected all things to him. 28. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the son himself will also subject himself to the one who subjected all things to him, That Yahweh may be all things to everyone.

Jesus is an appointed judge. Yahweh appointed him, so he does Yahweh's will. So Yahweh is the chief Judge.
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by Emusan(m): 9:08am On May 19, 2015
enilove:

Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary. [13] Before the Lord : for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. [14] And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. [15] And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

Most Christians think and assumed that the old testaments talk only about Jehovah and never mentioned Jesus. Many believe their pastors more than the plainly written word of God.

And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; [2] And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them , he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, [3] And said, My Lord, ( NOT MY LORDS ) if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: [16] And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way. [17] And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; [20] And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; [21] I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know. [22] And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the Lord . [23] And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? [24] Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein? [26] And the Lord said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

These verses above indicate that Abraham spoke physically with the Lord . But can any man see the Father and be alive? Definitely not . The "Lord" that Abraham spoke with was Jesus .
It also supports the fact that it is Jesus that will come and give judgements in the last day . He said "the cry which come unto me ". The angels report to Jesus .

Another fact to show that Jesus is mentioned in the old testament and to judge the world is this :

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. [2] The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. [4] The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. [5] The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath. [6] He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

KJV differentiate BTW Jehovah and Jesus in verses above by using Capital letters to show Jehovah, "LORD" and Jesus as "Lord".

Take note of d foll .

The LORD has sworn ,and will not repent ,"Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek .

It is there4 wrong and misleading to replace the word "Lord" with "Yahweh" in the Bible because it is used for Jesus Christ as well.

In essence what you're saying now is that Jesus was the actual one ALL the OT prophecies (of coming to Judge the earth) referring to, right?
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by Emusan(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

Jesus is a representation of Yahweh (he does nothing of his will but the will of Yahweh). By appointing Jesus as the one to Judge mankind (Acts 17:30, 31), it is really not change because Jesus does the will of Yahweh.

Its like a president saying: "I will be at the conference next week", but sending a representative. That representative will be briefed by the president on what to do.

Jesus is being given responsibilities in the Bible, another of which is being king of God's kingdom. But notice what the scripture below says:

1cor 15:27, 28 - For yahweh subjected all things under his(Jesus) feet. But when he says 'all things have been subjected,' it is evidently that this does not include the one who subjected all things to him. 28. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the son himself will also subject himself to the one who subjected all things to him, That Yahweh may be all things to everyone.

Jesus is an appointed judge. Yahweh appointed him, so he does Yahweh's will. So Yahweh is the chief Judge.

Since you said that Yahweh didn't change His mind that means you agreed with the second option which is Yahweh has come!

As Jesus is Yahweh's representative then is it wrong to address Jesus with the NAME YAHWEH (Jehovah) since every representative ALWAYS takes the address of whosoever he/she represented?
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by CAPTIVATOR: 9:40am On May 19, 2015
CANTICLES:

Act 17:31 reveal that Jehovah God Almighty, the God and Father of Christ is d person who plans to judge mankind .

His majesty has appointed Jesus Christ his son to overseer the whole work of judgement . So Jesus will be the one to carry out the WILL OF HIS FATHER

After this, Jesus Christ wil report back to His Almighty God And Father

"NEXT, he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power" 1 cor 15:24

Good one .
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 10:33am On May 19, 2015
Emusan:

Since you said that Yahweh didn't change His mind that means you agreed with the second option which is Yahweh has come!

As Jesus is Yahweh's representative then is it wrong to address Jesus with the NAME YAHWEH (Jehovah) since every representative ALWAYS takes the address of whosoever he/she represented?

Never have I seen or even heard of a representative of a president for example, being addressed with the name of the president.

The minister of Agriculture - Dr Akinwumi when representing Mr President - Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan cannot then bear his name. As a representative, he bears his name - Dr Akinwumi but he represents the presidency and so he does as he's instucted to do. Whatever achievement comes thereafter from the arrangement is Attributed to Mr President.

Jesus will carry out a task that he was appointed by Yahweh to do - Acts 17:31
Yahweh in effect achieves his purposed throught Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by Hiswordxray(m): 12:17pm On May 19, 2015
honourhim:
Frosbel if only you can keep the thread at this level of rubbing minds with brethren then thats very ok. Keep it up if you can.
Hi brother, it been long.
How are you doing?
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by Emusan(m): 2:11pm On May 19, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:
Never have I seen or even heard of a representative of a president for example, being addressed with the name of the president.

So if a President representative was to be called in the occasion how will you address the person?

[size=14pt]The minister of Agriculture - Dr Akinwumi when representing Mr President - Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan[/size] cannot then bear his name. As a representative, he bears his name - Dr Akinwumi but he represents the presidency and so he does as he's instucted to do. Whatever achievement comes thereafter from the arrangement is Attributed to Mr President.

This is a pure lie, you can't CALL him Dr Akinwumi just like that while he was representing Mr President in an occasion.

The person names involve are Dr Goodluck & Akinwumi while the Title are President & The Minister of Agriculture, therefore Akinwumi can't be called Goodluck in a normal sense but can be addressed with the TITLE Mr President (on that very occasion-which means he is FULLY IN PERSON OF THE Mr President even though he is not THE REAL President)

Jesus will carry out a task that he was appointed by Yahweh to do - Acts 17:31
Yahweh in effect achieves his purposed through Jesus.

So that means YAHWEH has come as He promised in the OT, True or False!
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by enilove(m): 5:45pm On May 19, 2015
Emusan:

In essence what you're saying now is that Jesus was the actual one ALL the OT prophecies (of coming to Judge the earth) referring to, right?

Right.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by mustymatic(m): 6:46am On May 20, 2015
Jesus will not save any of You Keep d confusion going

1 Like

Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by plappville(f): 12:45pm On May 20, 2015
enilove:

Take note of d foll .

Correct one!
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by plappville(f): 1:13pm On May 20, 2015
truthislight:

Peace.

Ma broda, longest time. Hope you are fine. It feels good to see my people again. smiley

The scriptures you poste are so so GBAM...!
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by Weah96: 1:58pm On May 20, 2015
idumuose:

he dies without christ,he is on an expressway to hell.They use the richman and lazarus to draw their analogy.

Lazarus himself died multiple times, proving that the person who wrote that verse either meant to declare that all future resurrections were impossible or he or she was high on drugs.

2 Likes

Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by truthislight: 5:06am On May 31, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

Jesus is a representation of Yahweh(he does nothing of his will but the will of Yahweh). By appointing Jesus as the one to Judge mankind (Acts 17:30, 31), it is really not change because Jesus does the will of Yahweh.

Thats ok.
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by truthislight: 5:14am On May 31, 2015
plappville:

Ma broda, longest time. Hope you are fine. It feels good to see my people again. smiley

The scriptures you poste are so so GBAM...!

Ahhh!

Longest time.

Am ok, what about you ? I hope you are doing well ?

Good to hear from you. Its been long.

My routine changed and kept me off for sometime, I hope to be more consistent hence..

Good hearing from you.

Peace.
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by itstpia8: 4:37am On May 11, 2016

cant make head or tail of the thread.
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by Nobody: 8:21am On May 11, 2016
If u say God only sent someone else to represent him.what about psalm50:6 And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is Judge himself.selah
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by kobosmalls: 12:38am On Aug 14, 2016
Emusan:

You and the guy you quoted didn't understand the OP, what the Op is simply saying is that Yahweh spoke many times in the OT that Yahweh will come by HIMSELF to judge His people but everything change in the NT that it's Jesus who will do the Judge. How come? Did Yahweh change His mind? Or, Has Yahweh truly come?

Any idea?
It changes in the new testament because the whole thing was made up.
Even the prophecies about this second coming failed to fulfill so I don't know whom you guys are awaiting for as your savior no one is coming to save you.
Maybe I'm the one.
It all ends here.

◄ Luke 9:27 ►
New International Version
"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God

And

◄ Matthew 10:23 ►
New International Version
When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes

Try all you can to rewrite the meaning of this verse or keep lying to yourself about this verses meaning just to safeguard your deep rooted believe in nonsense(simply called cognitive dissonance) but it still remains what it is.
Lies upon lies.
Empty promises.
The sooner you wake up from this scam the better.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by Peacefullove: 9:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
solite3:
If u say God only sent someone else to represent him.

The phrase " if u say" used by you shows you have a preconceived idea that blinds you to every sane points made so far by those who comment on this thread, Those who said God would use someone to do the judging actually support it with CLEAR BIBLE VERSES.

what about psalm50:6 And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is Judge himself.selah

Good, can we conclude that's a bible contradiction ?
Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 17, 2018
Peacefullove:

The phrase " if u say" used by you shows you have a preconceived idea that blinds you to every sane points made so far by those who comment on this thread, Those who said God would use someone to do the judging actually support it with CLEAR BIBLE VERSES.

Good, can we conclude that's a bible contradiction ?
it actually proves Jesus is God himself.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Return To Judge And Save Mankind , Is It GOD Or Is It JESUS ? by sonmvayina(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2018
The gospel stories or the story of Jesus comes from ancient babylonian tales about marduk, who happens to be the Lord of the old testament... The lugal dimmer ankia which means the divine king of heaven and earth..

The son of Enki.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear Catholics, If Anyone Accuses You Of Worshipping Idols Show Them These / Euthanasia. Discussions with Quivah and Any Interested Party. / "Not Even As An Unbeliever Will My Husband Rape Someone" Mrs Fatoyinbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.