Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! (9105 Views)

Allah Is Al-haseeb (the Reckoner, The Provider Who Meets All Needs) / Inflitration Of Religion,the 9/11 Conspiracy,and The Arrival Of Mahdi / Benefits Of Reciting Surah Al Kahf On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
The Ruling Among Top-most Muslim Scholars Is Whoever Does Not Believe In al-Mahdi, Is A KAFIR. So WHO IS HE?

Imam Abu Dawud (d. 275H) in his Sunan under the heading "Kitab al-Mahdi (The Book of al-Mahdi)" documents:

The Prophet, peace be upon him:
"Even if there remains only one more day left before the end of Time, Allah will surely SEND a man from MY AHL AL-BAYT. He will fill it (the earth) with justice just as it had been filled with injustice."
~Sunan Abu Dawud [Dar al-Fikr], vol. 2 p. 509, #4283

Annonated by 'Allamah al-Albani who comments "Sahih".

There is no doubt Muhammad ibn Abdullah (peace be upon him and his household) was the final prophet and messenger of Allah. None shall ever come with new shari'ah (divine law) or divine book.

However, there are non-prophet personality "send" by Allah at every time interval to cleanse the religion free of dirts, blemishes, innovations and other assigned purposes.

Pre-Muhammad Era
Qur'an talks about a righteous servant called Dhu al-Qarnayn who was sent to his people. Abu al-Tufayl reports:
"I heard Ibn al-Kawa asking 'Ali ibn Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, about Dhu al-Qarnayn, and 'Ali replied, "He was NOT a prophet, and he was not an angel. He was rather a servant. He loved Allah; so, He loved him too. He sought the guidance of Allah; and so, He guided him. HE WAS SENT TO HIS PEOPLE. But, they struck him on his qarn and he died. Then, Allah resurrected him, and he was thereby named Dhu al-Qarnayn."

Prof. Ibn Yasin comments:
{Al-Mukhtarat 2/175, #555} and al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar declared it sahih after attributing it to al-Mukhtarat of al-Hafiz al-Diya (al-Fath 6/383)
~Mawsu'at al-Sahih al-Masbur min al-Tafsir bi al-Mathur (Madina), vol. 3, p.322

Imam al-Tabari records the same hadith above in 'Jami al-Bayan fi Tawil al-Qur'an', with this ending by 'Ali:
"...And among you TODAY is an example of him"
Prof. Ibn Yasin: 'Its chain is sahih'.^

Imam Ibn Salam (d. 224H) explains: "...So, we see that he ('Ali) was referring to himself with this statement of his (i.e "And among you is an example of him"wink..." Gharib al-Hadith vol. 3 p.80
So just like Dhu al-Qurnayn so was 'Ali in likeness.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
Post-Muhammad Era
Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) records in his 'al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihayn':
Abu Hurayrah:
"I did not learn it except from the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, he said, "Verily, Allah SENDS TO this Ummah, at the head of every one hundred years, someone who renews its religion for it." Vol. 4, p. 567, #8592
'Allamah al-Albani: "The chain is Sahih. Its narrators are thiqah (trustworthy), narrators of (Sahih) muslim.
~Silsilah al-Ahadith al-Sahihah, vol. 2, p. 148, #599.

Who are these personalities is a debate among scholars with each suggesting 'his own' candidates. Our concern, however, is about al-Mahdi (as). Going by the opening hadith of this thread, it is crystal clear that a MAN will be send from the Ahl al-Bayt (household) of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) to fill this earth with justice and equity at the last hour amidst injustice, inequality and corruption as the noble Prophet predicated in yet another hadith documented by Imam Ahmad:
Abu Sa'id al-Khudri: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, "The earth will be filled with oppression and injustice. Then, a man from my offspring will come out. He will rule by kingdom for seven or nine years. He will fill the earth with equity and justice."~Ahmad b. Hanbal, Musnad (Cairo), vol. 3, p. 70, #11683.
Sheik Shua'ib al-Arnaut states: It is a sahih hadith, with the exception of his statement: "he will rule by kingdom for seven or nine years."

Who is he? His name, father and lineage. These are the questions owing to the fact that at every time interval, there are false acclaimers of this MAN.

Feature Characteristics Of al-Mahdi
#Greater Than Some Prophets

Imam Ibn Sirrin (d. 110H), a senior Tabi'in of the ahlu Sunnah gave account of the status of al-Mahdi thus as recorded by Imam al-Maruzi (d. 288H):
Damrah - Ibn Shawdhab:
"Muhammad Ibn. Sirrin mentioned a sedition that would occur. Then he (Ibn Sirrin) said, "When that occurs, sit in your houses until you hear from the people about the one who is superior to Abu Bakr and 'Umar, may Allah be pleased with them both." So, it was said, "O Abu Bakr, someone superior to Abu Bakr and 'Umar?!" He replied, "He is even superior to some prophets."
~Kitab al-Fitan, part 5, p. 221

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani in his Taqrib al-Tahdhib declared the narrators of this athar Saduq (very truthful).

It is worth-mentioning that the acronyms "as", alaihi salam, which primary is used for the Prophets and Angels, are used for al-Mahdi too, being part of the holy prophet's Ahl al-Bayt. al-Albani:

"He ('Isa) himself will be led in salat by the Mahdi, alaihima salam"
~Qissat al-Masih al-Dajjal wa Nuzul Isa, p. 54, footnote 1. (There are other places in this book also).

# His Name will be Muhammad
His personal name will be Muhammad after the holy Prophet.
Imam Tirmidhi documents:
"The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "This world will not end until a man from my Ahl al-Bayt rules the Arabs kingdom. His name will correspond with MY NAME."

Tirmidhi & al-Albani comments: "Hassan sahih"
~al-Jami al-Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi, vol. 4 p. 505, #2230 [ annotator: Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani]

Marrying this hadith with other initial ahadith on al-Mahdi (as), it is crystal clear that his government will start from the House of Muhammad, and he will spread the magnanimous glory of Islam all over the world, by the help of his Lord.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
To be continue, in sha Allah Ta a'la...
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by SweetyZinta(f): 11:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ok. Following
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 11:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
AlBaqir:
To be continue, in sha Allah Ta a'la...

#al-Muntazar Mahdi
One of the Title of this savior is "al-Muntazar Mahdi - The Awaited Mahdi."

*Imam al-Kattani (d. 1345H) introduced him in his book: "The coming out of the Promised Mahdi, the Awaited (al-Muntazar) al-Fatimi (i.e from the offspring of Fatimah)"
~Nazam al-Mutanathir min al-Hadith al-Mutawatir, p. 225, #289.

*Al-Mubarakfuri:
Al-Qadi al-Shawkani (d. 1250H) said in al-Fath al-Rabbani: "What I have been able to study from the ahadith documented about the Awaited Mahdi (al-Mahdi al-Muntazar) are fifty ahadith."
~Tuhfat al-Ahwazi bi Sharh Jami al-Tirmidhi, vol. 6 p. 402

*al-Albani
In his book 'Silsilah al-Ahadith wa Shayhun min Fiqhihah wa Fawaidihah', vol. 5, p. 278, #2236, 'Allamah Nasir din al-Albani equally recognized the title "the Awaited Mahdi (al-Mahdi al-Muntazar)

NB: There are other notable scholars who called this savior with this title.

False Mahdi
At every age in the Muslim world, some dubious men have always claim to be "al-Mahdi". Among such of this age are the leader of the Qadiyanis, who follow Mirza Ghulam Ahmad al-Qadiyani. And of course Juhayman b. Muhammad b. Sayf al-Utaybi (1935 - 1980) who took control of the Ka'bah in Makkah in 1979, held pilgrims hostage and declared himself to be al-Mahdi. How many false Mahdi will emerge is only known to Allah.

#Imam over Prophet 'Isa son of Mary
Prophet Isa (peace be unto him) is a member of Muhammad (sall'Allahu alaihi wa aalihi)'s Ummah, and will be among the just judge. The holy Prophet was reported thus:
"I swear by Him in Whose Hand my life is, surely the son of Maryam will soon descend amongst you as a just judge."
~Sahih al-Bukhari, vol. 3, p. 1272, #3264.

Al-Hafiz ibn Hajar interpreted this hadith that "he (Isa) will descend to judge with this Shariah, for this Shariah is eternal. It will never be abrogated. In fact, 'Isa will be one of the judges of this Ummah"
* Fath al-Bari Sharh Sahih al-bukhari, vol.6, p. 356

Al-Hafiz also opined that since 'Isa saw the holy Prophet on the night of al-Isra and said salam to him, therefore, he is a prophet and a Sahabi and he will be the last Sahabah to die."
* al-Isabah fi Tamyiz al-Sahabah vol. 4 p. 633.

Imam al-Bukhari however records: Abu Hurayrah: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:"How will you be when the son of Maryam descends amongst you while your Imam will be from you?"
~Sahih al-Bukhari, vol. 3, p. 1272, #3265.

Dr. Al-Bastawi has this beautiful interpretation: "while your Imam will be from you", that is: the Imam will not be 'Isa, he will be a man from the Ummah of Muhammad, peace be upon him.

This is testification to another word of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) as recorded by Imam Abu Ya'la (d. 307H):
Anas: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "The Imams are from Quraysh"
~Musnad Abu Ya'la, vol. 6 p. 321, #3644
[Shayk Salim Asad, the annotator says: Its chain is Sahih]

Prophet also said: "The Khilafah is in Quraysh till the establishment of the Hour"
~Kitab al-Sunnah of Imam Ibn Asim (d. 287H), vol. 2, p. 527, #1109
[Annotator: al-Albani declares: Sahih]

Imam Muslim documents:
Jabir Ibn Abdullah: I heard the Prophet, peace be upon him, saying: "There will never cease to be a group within my Ummah who will be fighting upon the Truth, victorious till the Day of al-Qiyamah. Then, 'Isa b. Maryam, sallallahu alaihi wa salam, will descend, and their AMIR will say, "Come and lead us in salat.' But he ('Isa) will reply, 'No. Verily, some of you are the amirs of the others. This is the honor of Allah to this Ummah."
~Sahih Muslim, vol. 1, p. 137, #156 (247).

Ibn Sirrin said: "The Mahdi is from this Ummah, and he will be the Imam of 'Isa b. Maryam"
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 11:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
To be continue, in sha Allah...
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
AlBaqir:
To be continue, in sha Allah...

#al-Mahdi and his Army will come from "the EAST"
Al-Mahdi is the true and appointed Khalifah of Allah at the last hour, and he will fight off all the false "khalifa", "emirs", and other false leaders. It is mandatory to pledge allegiance to him.

Imam al-Bazzar (d. 292H) in his 'Musnad al-Bazzar, vol. 10, p. 100, #4163; Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) in his al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihayn, vol. 4, p. 510, #8432; and

al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir (d. 774H) documents:

Thawban (radiallahu anhum): The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said"Near your treasure, three people will kill one another. Each of them will be a son of a khalifah. But it will not get to any of them. Then the black flags will come from the East, and they will kill you in a way that no nation had ever been killed." Then he mentioned something which I cannot recall. (Then) he said: "When you see him, pledge allegiance to him, even if you have to crawl on snow, for verily he is the Khalifah of Allah, the Mahdi."

Ibn Kathir says: "This chain is strong and sahih. The apparent is that what is intended with the mentioned treasure in this context is the treasure of the Ka'bah. Three children of the Khalifahs will kill one another near it, (aiming) to take it, until the End Time and the Mahdi will come out and his appearance will be from the Eastern towns."
{Abu al-Fida Ibn Kathir al-Dimashqi, al-Nihayah fi al-Fitan wa al-Malahim [annotator: Prof. 'Abduh al-Shafi'i], vol. 1, p. 25 - 26}

NB: Allamah al-Albani in his Silsilah al-Ahadith al-Da'ifah wa al-Mawdu'ah, vol. 1, p. 197, #85 attacks the Sanad of this hadith. On the other hand, Dr. 'Abd al-'Alim al-Bastawi provided a devastating rebuttal to al-Albani and other deniers: {al-Mahdi al-Muntazar fi Daw-i al-Ahadith wa al-Athar al-Sahihah wa Aqwal al-'Ulama wa Ara al-Firaq al-Mukhtalifah, p. 191 - 192}

The EASTERN CITIES
Black Flags From Khurasan
The question, however, is which eastern city will Mahdi and his army emerge from?

Dr. al-Bastawi copies a hadith that gave the name: Narrated 'Abd Allah (b. Mas'ud):
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "When the black flags come from khurasan, go to them, for among them is the Khalifah of Allah, al-Mahdi."
Dr. al-Bastawi : "...hasan li ghayrihi"
{See above ref. (NB) of Dr. al-Bastawi, p. 158, # 2}

Imam al-Hakim also documents: Thawban:
"When you see the black flags coming out from the direction of Khurasan, then go to them even if you have to crawl, for verily among them is the Khalifah of Allah, the Mahdi
Imam al-Hakim says: "This hadith is Sahih upon the standard of the two Shaykhs.

{al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihayn, vol. 4, p. 547, #8531}
Imam al-Maruzi (d. 229H) also documents the same hadith, in his 'Kitab Fitan, part 4, p. 188; and al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar declares the narrators of the hadith to be Saduq (very truthful).

Where Is KHURASAN?
Brother Toyib Olawuyi writes:

The world map today showed all the called Khurasan are in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
There used to be the Khurasan province until 2004, when it was divided into South khurasan, North Khurasan, and Razavi Khurasan. However, in ancient times, the word "Khurasan" covered a vast territory now lying in northeasern Iran, southern Turkmenistan and northern Afghanistan. So, the original army of Imam al-Mahdi will be made up of non-Arabs: Iranians, Turkmen and Afghans.
{AL-MAHDI The Twelfth Khalifah in the Sahih Sunni Ahadith, p. 45}

tag: lanrexlan, Empiree, Kazlaw2000, Rilwayne001, et al. May Allah raise us among the army of al-Mahdi (as).
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 5:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
To be continue in sha Allah...
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2015
AlBaqir:
To be continue in sha Allah...

HIS HOLY COMPANIONS
Mahdi (as) will have some 313 companions who will be the best of Allah's entire creation.

Imam al-Hakim documents:
Muhammad ibn al-Hanafiyyah,'We were with 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, and a man asked him about the Mahdi. So, 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "How impossible!" Then, he counted seven on his hand and said, "That one will come out at the End of Time. (At that time) if a man said, 'Allah! Allah!' he will be killed. Then, Allah the Most High will gather together a group around him, just as the separate pieces of cloud are joined together. Allah will unite their hearts. They will not fear anyone and they do not celebrate about anyone joining them. Their number is that of the companions of Badr. The past Generations will not surpass them and the latter generations will not reach up to them. Their number will be that of the companions of Talut who crossed the river with him."

..."

Al-Hakim says: This hadith is Sahih upon the standard of the two Shaykhs.

Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748H) agrees: Upon the standard of al-Bukhari and Muslim.
{al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihayn, vol. 4, p. 596, #8659}

A Khalifa Who Will Eradicate Poverty On Earth
Apart from the fact that al-Mahdi will replace injustice, corruption with justice and equity on earth, it has also been established through various ahadith that he will put an end to man's poverty life.

Imam Muslim (d. 261H) records, Abu Nadrah: We were with Jabir b. 'Abd Allah and he said...: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "There will be a Khalifah at the END of my Ummah who will distribute wealth without ever counting it."
{Sahih Muslim, vol. 4, p. 2234, #2913 (67)}

Other Imams of hadith including al-Albani also document this hadith.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
FINDING THE TRUE MAHDI

1. He is a sinless Fatimid Imam

Imam Ibn Majah (d. 273H) records: 'Ali: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "The Mahdi is from us, the Ahl al-Bayt. Allah will make him fit within a night."
'Allamah al-Albani (d. 1420H) declares: Sahih
{Sunan Ibn Majah, vol. 2, p. 1367, #4085}

In another hadith, the Prophet says:
"Even if there remains only one more day left before the end of Time, Allah will surely SEND a man from MY AHL AL-BAYT. He will fill it with justice just as it had been filled with injustice."
Al-Albani declares: SAHIH
{Sunan Abu Dawud, vol. 2, p. 509, #4283}

Who Are The Ahl al-Bayt?
Imam al-Tirmidhi (d. 279H):

Umar Ibn Abi Salamah, the dependent of the Prophet, peace be upon him:
When this verse {Allah intends but only to keep impurity away all from you, O AHL AL-BAYT, and to purify you absolutely} was revealed upon the Prophet, peace be upon him, in the house of Umm Salamah, he called Fatima, Hassan and Hussayn and spread a cloak over them while 'Ali was behind him. Then, he covered them with a cloak. Then, he said, "O Allah! THESE ARE MY AHL AL-BAYT. So, keep impurity away from them and purify them absolutely."

Umm Salamah said, "Am I with them, O Prophet of Allah?" He replied, "You are upon your place and you are upon a good thing."

{al-Jami al-Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi, vol. 5, p. 351, #3205}. {Imam Muslim in his Sahih and Imam al-Hakim in his al-Mustadrak also record similar hadith.}

'Allamah al-Albani (annotator^) comments: Sahih (authentic)

Prof. Ibn Yasin gave the interpretation of this noble verse (Q. 33: 33) as explained by a Salaf:
"Al-Tabari recorded with his hassan chain from Qatadah, concerning His statement {Allah intends but only to keep impurity away all from you, O Ahl al-Bayt, and to purify you absolutely}: They are an Ahl al-Bayt. ALLAH PURIFIED THEM FROM EVIL, and He gave them a special mercy from Himself."
{Mawsu'at al-Sahih al-Masbur min al-Tafsir bi al-Mathur, vol. 4, P. 126

What further strenghten this submission of sinlessness of the ahl al-Bayt among whom is Mahdi, is the statement of the Prophet.

Imam al-Tabarani (d. 360H):
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "I am leaving behind over you Two Weighty Things (al-thaqalain): the Book of Allah and my offspring, my ahl al-Bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-fount."

Shayk al-Arnaut says about this hadith: It is Sahih.
{Mu'jam al-Kabir of al-Tabarani, vol. 5 p. 169, #4980}

Whosoever never separates from the Qur'an for even a single millisecond in any situation or circumstance, in his thoughts, words, feelings and actions is certainly PURE creature of Allah.

Imam Abu Dawud records:
Umm Salamah: I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, saying: "The Mahdi is from my offspring, from the descendants of Fatimah."
Al-Albani declares: Sahih.
{Sunan Abu Dawud, vol. 2, p. 509, #4284}
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
2. al-Mahdi Is The Twelfth Khalifah
Allamah al-Albani further documents another version of Hadith al-Thaqalain (Two weighty Things), named Hadith Khalifatain:

The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "I am leaving behind over you Two Khalifahs: the Book of Allah - a rope stretching between the heaven and the earth - and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt. Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-Font."

Al-Albani comments: Sahih
{Sahih al-Jami al-Saghir wa Ziyadatuhu, vol. 1, p. 482, #2457}

The holy Prophet introduced his Khalifa from his household to be twelve (12). Imam Ahmad in his Musnad record from Jabir b. Samurah: "I heard the Prophet, peace be upon him, saying: "There will be for this Ummah TWELVE KHALIFAHS."
Shaik al-Arnaut comment: Sahih
{Musnad, vol. 5, p. 106, # 21051}

Imam Muslim (d. 261H) also records:
'Amir b. Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas:"I sent a letter to Jabir b. Samurah through my servant, Nafi', to inform me of something he heard from the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him. So, he wrote in reply back to me: "I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, saying on a Friday, on the eve of the stoning of al-Aslami, saying: "The religion will never cease to stand until the establishment of the Hour or as long as there are TWELVE KHALIFAHS over you, all of them from Quraysh."

* Imam Bukhari in his Sahih also document this hadith many times through different route.

'Ali is the First, and al-Mahdi is the Last
Unless one is a denial of truth, it is crystal clear the Khalifah prophesied and sanctioned by Allah and His prophet were TWELVE whether man accepted them or not. And it is clear as to their clan being Quraysh; and going further, the particular lineage in the vast Qurayshi clan is declared by the Prophet himself to be his offspring, his Ahl al-bayt (as) in the Hadith Thaqalain and Haith Khalifatain^.

Here, the Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) introduced the 1st of these 12 Khalifah:
Ibn Abbas (ra) "The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to 'Ali: "You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a prophet. And you are MY KHALIFAH over every believer after me."
{Imam Abi 'Asim, 'Kitab al-Sunnah, vol. 1, p. 799 - 800, #1222}

1. Dr. Al-Jawabirah (annotator of the above ref. Book: {Dar al-Sami'i li al-Nahr wa al-Tawhi}) says: Its chain is Hasan.^

2. 'Allamah al-Albani also comments: Its chain is hasan.{Annotator of the above ref. Book (al-Maktab al-Islami; 1st Edition, 1400H) - kitab al-Sunnah vol. 2, p. 565, #1188

3. Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) declares: This hadith has a SAHIH chain.{Al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihayn, vol. 3, p. 143, #4652}

4. Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748H) concurs: SAHIH^

5. Allamah Ahmad Shakir, (the annotator of Musnad (Dar al-Hadith, 1416H): Its Chain is SAHIH {Musnad Imam Ahmad, vol. 1, p. 331, #3062}

6. Imam al-Busiri (d. 840H): A SAHIH chain
{Itihaf al-khiyarah al-Maharah bi Zawaid al-Masanid al-'Ashara, vol. 7, p. 184, #6630

12th Is al-Mahdi
Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) documents among previously mentioned ahadith on Mahdi:
Abu Sa'id al-Khudri "The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, "The Mahdi will come out at the END of my Ummah."
Al-Hakim and Imam al-Dhahabi: Sahih
{Al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihayn, vol. 4, p. 601, #8673}

The grand Salafi scholar, Shaykh Ibn Uthaymin (d. 1421H) writes in his commentary of al-'Aqidah al-Safariniyyah:

"His statement (the Last, Eloquent Imam): that is, from the signs of the Hour is the Imam. "The Imam (here) refers to the one who leads mankind, not (just) in salat but in government. This Imam will be their supreme Imam, as the Khalifah.

He says that he (al-Mahdi) is the last, the last of whom? The last of the Imams, because there will be NO Imam after him. As such, he is the LAST of the Imams. His name is Muhammad, and his title is "the Mahdi", meaning the one who has been guided by Allah the Almighty. This is the Mahdi who will be SENT during the End of Time, when the earth will have been filled with injustice and oppression and the truth will have been forgotten... At that period, Allah the Almighty will SEND this man as a male Imam to reform THE CREATION and to restore the truth"
{Sharh al-'Aqidah al-Safariniyyah, p. 450-451}
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by lanrexlan(m): 4:52pm On Jan 19, 2015
Good read, Jazakhair Khairan

But AlBaqir, can I ask a question?

If Sheik Al-Albani, Imaam Al-Arnaut et al considers the hadith of 'two weighty things' as Sahih, why don't they reject the Immamate of the first three Caliphs as you do?
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
lanrexlan:
Good read, Jazakhair Khairan

But AlBaqir, can I ask a question?

If Sheik Al-Albani, Imaam Al-Arnaut et al considers the hadith of 'two weighty things' as Sahih, why don't they reject the Immamate of the first three Caliphs as you do?

Actually they {'Allamah al-Albani and sheik al-Arnaut}belong to the category of Sunni Ulama that interpret the phrase:{"...and my ahl al-Bayt"}, in the "Hadith Thaqalain" to just "to love and respect them" and not to obey or follow them immediately after the demise of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household).

Interestingly, some other heavy weight Sunni Ulama acknowledge the Shi'i interpretations that they should be loved, respect, obeyed and followed after the demise of the Prophet just like the same is does for the holy Qur'an (in terms of loving, reverence, obedience and followership) hence the word "Thaqalain - Two weighty Things. Alas! These Ulama also, only acknowledge but prefer others above the ahl al-bayt. Other Ulama kept mute on the interpretation.

Now expanding this a little, the hadith I quoted above^ where the Prophet declared 'Ali as the Khalifa of every believer after him. Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah without a single reason declared the hadith to be Mawdoo. Interestingly, 'Allamah al-Albani sadly expressed his surprise why Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah declared the hadith to be Mawdoo. He however, declared the hadith to be Sahih as many other Ulama declared it Sahih^.

Bottomline, declaring such sensitive ahadith as Sahih is one thing, but the right interpretation is another case entirely. If Sunni interpret the way Shi'a does, then, the existence and correctness of Sunni Manhaj will be daeef automatically.

NB: Kindly find time to read "Hadith Thaqalain: The depose will of the last Prophet" by Toyib Olawuyi.

Salam alaykum.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by lanrexlan(m): 9:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
^^^
Thanks, will do that when I am less busy.
Wa Alaykum Salam Waramatulah Wabarakatuh
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 8:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
3. Who Is The Father Of al-Mahdi
Introduction
What we have discussed so far is the establishment that al-Mahdi (as) is from the Ahl al-Bayt of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him sand his household); and his name is Muhammad, after the name of his ancestor, Muhammad the last Prophet and Messenger of Allah. And it is also established that he will be from the lineage of Fatima (as), the daughter of the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his pure household).

As to the question of his Father, it is another usual heated disagreement between the Ulama of Sunni and their Shi'a counterpart.

To most of the Sunni scholars (there are some Sunni minority scholars who shared Shi'a view), al-Mahdi (as) is the son of 'Abdullah al-Hasani. That is, one 'Abdullah from the lineage of al-Hasan(as), the eldest son of Fatima (as), the daughter of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his household).

On the other hand, Shi'i belief is that Muhammad al-Mahdi (as) is the son of al-Hassan Ibn 'Ali al-Askari al-Hussaini (11th Imam of the ahl al-Bayt). That is from the lineage of al-Hussain (as), the son of Fatima (as).

All "evidences and proof" of both Madhhab (school of thought) shall be posted and examine, in sha Allah. May Allah bless Toyib Olawuyi, for is book "Imam al-Mahdi The Twelfth Khalifa in the Sahih Sunni Ahadith", is vastly used in this presentation.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
IS THE MAHDI REALLY FROM IMAM HASAN - as Sunni claim?
Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah writes:
So, the Mahdi who was prophesied by the Prophet, peace be upon him, his name is Muhammad b. 'Abd Allah, NOT Muhammad b. al-Hasan. Moreover, it has been narrated that 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, said that he (the Mahdi) would be from the descendants of al-Hasan b. 'Ali, NOT from the descendants of al-Husayn b. 'Ali.
{Minhaj al-Sunnah al-Nabawiyyah, vol. 4, p. 95}

Elsewhere, sheik Ibn Taymiyyah quote that athar of 'Ali:
And Abu Dawud narrated it through the route of Abu Sa'id, and it is: "he will rule the earth by kingdom for seven years." He (Abu Dawud) also narrated it from 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, that he looked at al-Hasan and said, "This son of mine is a master, as he was named by the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him. A man who will be named with the name of your Prophet, will rise from his offspring. He will resemble him (i.e the Prophet) in character, but will not resemble him in creation. He will fill the earth with equity. {Minhaj al-Sunnah, vol. 8, p. 255}

The riwayah is indeed (as quoted above) in Sunan of Imam Abu Dawud (d. 275H). Here is the Chain:

Abu Dawud - Harun b. al-Mughirah - Umar b. Abi Qays - Shu'ayb b. Khalid - Abu Ishaq:
{Sunan Abu Dawud, vol. 2, p. 511, #4290 (Dar al-Fikr)[annotator: Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani]}

'Allamah al-Albani (d. 1420H) comments: Da'if.

The ONLY alternative chain for the athar is the one documented by Imam al-Maruzi (d. 229H):

More than one person - Ibn 'Ayyash - somebody who narrated to him - Muhammad b. Ja'far - 'Ali b. Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him:
"The Prophet, peace be upon him, named al-Hasan a master, and from his offspring will rise a man whose name will be the name of your Prophet. He will fill the earth with justice..."
{Kitab al-Fitan (Dar al-Fikr; 1414H)[annotator: Prof. Dr. Suhayl Zakar], part 5, p. 231}

Dr. al-Bastawi comments:

"Shuyukh of Na'im: Not Known

Ibn 'Ayyash: Many are known with this nickname. Since his shaykh and the narrator from him are unknown, then it is impossible to determine exactly who is meant here.

Somebody who narrated to him: [b]Not Known
"
{al-Mawsu'at fi Ahadith al-Mahdi al-Da'ifah wa al-Mawdu'at by Dr. 'Abd al-'Alim 'Abd al-'Azim al-Bastawi, p. 348}

This chain is da'if Jiddan (very weak).
Therefore, there really is NO proof that al-Mahdi, alaihi salam, is of the lineage of Imam al-Hasan, alaihi salam.

Is The Name Of His Father 'Abd Allah?
The Other claim made by Ibn Taymiyyah is that the name of the Mahdi's father is 'Abd Allah, and not al-Hasan. Ibn Taymiyyah writes:
The Ithna 'Ashariyyah who claim that this is their madhhab, the name of their Mahdi is Muhammad b. al-Hasan. But the described Mahdi, who was described by the Prophet, peace be upon him, his name is Muhammad b. Abd 'Allah. This is why a group deleted the mention of the father from the statement of the Messenger, so that it does not contradict what it (the group) falsely claims. Another group also distorts it and says, "His ancestor was al-Husayn and his agnomen was Abu 'Abd Allah. Therefore...Is there anyone who understands from his statement "his name corresponds with my name and the name of his father is the name of my father" anything other than that the name of his father is 'Abd Allah? Does this statement indicate that the agnomen of his ancestor is Abu 'Abd Allah?

Ibn Taymiyyah also submits:
The ahadith that are relied upon as hujjah (proof) for the coming out of the Mahdi are Sahih ahadith. Abu Dawud, al-Tirmidhi, Ahmad and others narrated them..."If there remains only one more day left for this world, Allah willelongate that day till a man from me, or from my Ahl al-Bayt, comes out. His name will correspond with my name, and his father's name will be the name of my father. He will fill the earth with equity..."
{Minhaj al-Sunnah al-Nabawiyyah, vol. 8, p. 254-257}

The big question, however, is: Is there really any reliable Sunni hadith establishing that the name of Mahdi's father is the same as the Prophet's father's name?

Riwayat 1
Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) documents:
...Ibn Mas'ud, may Allah pleased with him:The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, came to us...and sid: "We, Ahl al-Bayt, Allah has chosen the Hereafter for us over this world. Verily, my Ahl al-Bayt will, after me, suffer expulsions and fright in the towns, until the black flags rise from the East. So, they will demand the right, but they will not give it...

As a result they will fight and will be helped to achieve victory (by Allah). Whosoever amongst you or your descendants meet it (i.e that time), he must go to the Imam of my Ahl al-Bayt...His name corresponds with my name, and the name of his father is the name of my father..."

{al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihayn, vol. 4, p. 511, #8434}

Imam al-Hakim kept quiet about this hadith (i.e its grade), while Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748H) declares:
This is MAWDU' (a fabrication)
{al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihayn, vol. 4, p. 511, #8434 (Beirut: Dar al-kutub al-'Ilmiyyah; 1st Edition, 1411H [annotator: Mustafa 'Abd al-Qadr 'Ata)}

Obviously, this evidence is worthless

Riwayat 2
Imam al-Maruzi (d. 288H) give the second "proof":

Al-Walid and Rishdin - Ibn Luhay'ah - Israil b. Ibad - Maymun al-Qidah - Abu al-Tufayl:
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: "The Mahdi, his name is my name and the name of his father is the name of my father." {Kitab al-Fitan, part 5, p. 227}

Dr. al-Bastawi has a simple verdict:
Its chain is Da'if
{al-Mawsu'at fi Ahadith al-Mahdi al-Da'ifah wa al-Mawdu'at by Dr. 'Abd al-'Alim 'Abd al-'Azim al-Bastawi, p. 123, #36}

Well, the sanad is actually da'if Jiddan (very weak), due to its multiple weaknesses. Dr. Al-Bastawi, himself give the details:

"Al-Walid b. Muslim narrated in an 'an-an manner. However, he has been seconded by Rishdeen who is Da'if. But, both of them narrated from Ibn Luhay'ah who is (also) Da'if. As for Maymun al-Qidah, I did not find any biographical entry for him (in the rijal books)."{Ref. Above^}

*This hadith also is worthless.

Riwayat 3
Imam al-Khatib al-Baghdadi (d. 463H) also records in his book: {Tarikh al-Baghdad, vol. 9 p. 477 - 478, #5101} another hadith of this genre.

Again, Dr. al-Bastawi says about the hadith:
The hadith is MAWDU' (a fabrication)
{al-Mawsu'at fi Ahadith al-Mahdi al-Da'ifah wa al-Mawdu'at by Dr. 'Abd al-'Alim 'Abd al-'Azim al-Bastawi, p. 317, #225}

*This hadith, also is worthless

Riwayat 4
Every other hadith which contains the phrase "and the name of his father is the name of my father" has the name of 'Asim in its chain. Imam al-Tabarani records hadith with the chain having this 'Asim.

Al-Hafiz (d. 852H) writes:

"'Asim b. Bahdalah, and he was Ibn Abi al-Najud al-Asadi, their freed slave, Abu Bakr al-Muqri...

Ibn Sa'd said: "He was thiqah (trustworthy), except that he made A LOT OF MISTAKES in his hadith"...Ya'qub b. Sufyan said: "There is muddle in his hadith...Ibn Abi Hatim narrated that his father said: "...His status in my opinion is sidq (truthfulness), salih al-hadith (i.e his standalone reports are weak), and his status is NOT to say he is thiqah (trustworthy). He was not a memorizer." Ibn 'Ulayyah talked about him and said, "Everyone whose name was 'Asim had a defective memory."...Ibn Kharrash, al-Daraqutni...There is repugnancy in his memory..."
{Tahdhib al-Tahdhib, vol. 5, p. 35-36, #67}

There is another riwayah quoted by Dr. al-Bastawi with no 'Asim in its Chain:

Ibn Abi Shaybah has recorded it, saying: al-Fadl b. Dukayn - Fitr - Zirr - 'Abd Allah:

The Messenger of Allah said: "This world will not end until Allah sends a man from my Ahl al-Bayt. His name will correspond with my name and the name of his father is the name of my father."
{al-Mawsu'at fi Ahadith al-Mahdi al-Da'ifah wa al-Mawdu'at by Dr. 'Abd al-'Alim 'Abd al-'Azim al-Bastawi, p. 263, #25}

Dr. al-Bastawi comments on the footnote:
"Obviously, "Asim" has been dropped in this chain, for I did not find any report by Fitr from Zirr. Also, all the narrators of this hadith agree on his (i.e Fitr's) narration of it from 'Asim from Zirr. And Allah knows best."

Therefore, there actually is 'Asim in that sanad. As such, it is Da'if.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
SUNNI OBJECTION 1 TO SHI'I SUBMISSION
Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 728H) writes:
"Muhammad b. Jarir al-Tabari, 'Abd al-Baqi b. Qani and others from the scholars of geneology and history had stated that al-Hassan b. 'Ali al-'Askari did not have any children or offspring. The Imamiyyah who claim that he had a son say that he (the son) entered the cellar in Samara while he was still young. Among them are those who say that his age (at that time) was two. Among them are also those who say it was three. And among them are those who say it was three. And among them are those who say it was five years."
{Minhaj al-Sunnah al-Nabawiyyah, vol. 4, p. 87-88}

Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah's objections to Muhammad ibn al-Hassan al-Askari are:
1. He is non-existent since his father died childless
2. His follower claimed he entered "cellar" in the city of Samara (near Baghdad, Iraq) at the age of two, three or four.

As evidence for his first claim, Ibn Taymiyyah mentioned Imam al-Tabari and Ibn Qani by name. Then, he makes a vague reference to some other Sunni scholars of geneology and history.

Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748H) also writes:
"I (al-Dhahabi) say: They (the Shi'ah) claim that Muhammad entered a cellar in the house of his father while his mother was looking at him, and has not come out from it up till this moment, and he was nine years old. It is said his age was other than that...And that he is alive. We seek the refuge of Allah from the dysfunction of the intellect...Among those who said that al-Hassan al-Askari did not have a child were Muhammad b. Jarir al-Tabari and Yahya b. Sa'id, and they are sufficient for you in knowledge and trustworthiness."
{Siyar A'lam al-Nubala, vol. 13, p. 121-122, #60}

However, it seems al-Dhahabi himself did not attach much weight to the claims of al-Tabari, Ibn al-Qani, Yahya b. Sa'id, Ibn Taymiyyah (who was his contemporary) and probably others. In his Tarikh al-Islam, al-Dhahabi claims instead:

(Events of 265H)
The following DIED in it (i.e that year):
Ahmad b. Mansur al-Ramadi, Ibrahim b. al-Harith al-Baghdadi, Ibrahim b. Hani al-Naysaburi...MUHAMMAD b. al-HASAN al-'ASKARI from the Twelve (Imams), Muhammad b. Harun al-Falas, and Harun b. Sulayman al-Isbahani.

{Tarikh al-Islam wa Wafiyat al-Mashahir wa al-A'lam, vol. 2, p. 15}

So, al-Dhahabi personally believed that Imam al-Hasan al-Askari had a son named Muhammad, but allegedly "died" in 265H. This is an indication that he does not accept the hearsay testimonies of al-Tabari and other Sunni Scholars (on this issue) despite affirming their scholarship and trustworthiness.
The reason, perhaps, is that none of them was an eye-witness to the alleged incidents, and none of them ever mentioned any source for his information. The origin of their claims about the son of al-Askari is UNKNOWN.

The first person to make that claim - from all indications - was only Ja'far The Liar, the brother of Imam al-Askari (as). Shayk al-Mufid (d. 413H), the great Shi'i scholar writes:
Ja'far seized the apparent legacy of Abu Muhammad (i.e Imam al-Hasan al-Askari), peace be upon him, and strove hard to take his place in the eyes of the Shi'ah. But, none of them accepted that, and none of them believed him in it. So, he went to the authorities of the time seeking the position of his brother. He spent a lot of money, and did everything that he thought could advance him. But, none of that was of any benefit to him.

There are A LOT of reports concerning Ja'far to this effect...They are well-known among the Imamiyyah and those who know the reports of the people from non-Shi'is. And Allah we seek help.

{al-Irshad fi Ma'rifat Hujjaj Allah 'ala al-'Ibad, vol. 2 p. 336 - 337}

Ja'far The Liar sought to declare himself the Imam after al-Askari, and he usurped the estate of the latter. He also made effort to validate his illegal steps, including seeking the help and interference of the Sunni authorities of that time. But failed. In particular, he proclaimed the non-existence of the Twelfth Imam and prosecuted the Shi'ah in order to ease things for himself. Sheik al-Mufid confirms:{source above^}
So, obviously the first source of this rumor (i.e childlessness of al-Hasan al-Askari) was none other than a Liar, Ja'far The Liar.

To further strengthen Imam al-Dhahabi's belief of not accepting the tale of Imam al-Tabari et al, he admittedly believe al-Hasan al-Askari had a son, yet in another volume of his book, apart from the one we have quoted above:
"Al-Hasan b. 'Ali b. Muhammad b. 'Ali al-Rida b. Musa b. Ja'far al-Sadiq, Abu Muhammad al-Hashimi al-Husayni, one of the Imams of the Shi'ah whose 'isma (sinlessness) they proclaim. He is called al-Hasan al-'Askari because he lived in Samara, for it was called al-Askar. He was the father of the Awaited One of the Rafidah. He passed unto the pleasure of Allah at Samara in 8th Rabi' al-Awwal 260H, and he was 29years old. He was buried near his father, and his mother was a slave-woman."

As for his son, Muhammad b. al-Hasan, who the Rafidah call al-Qaim, al-Khalaf, al-Hujjah, he was born in 258H. It is said that it was 256H. He lived for two years after his father. Then, he became nonexistent, AND IT IS NOT KNOWN HOW HE DIED. His mother was a slave-woman.

{Tarikh al-Islam wa Wafiyat al-Mashahir wa al-A'lam, vol. 19, p. 113}

SHI'A REPLY
Imam al-Hasan al-'Askari (as) whose truthfulness is universally accepted testify to the existence of his son during his lifetime. Shaykh al-Kulayni (d. 328H), the ace Shi'i hadith compiler, documents:
Muhammad b. Yahya - Ahmad b. Ishaq - Abu Hashim al-Ja'far: I said to Abu Muhammad (i.e Imam al-Askari), "Your majestic status prevents me from asking you questions. So, may I ask you a question?" He replied, "Ask". I said, "O my master, do you have any son?" He answered, "YES." Then, I asked, "If something happened to you, where should I ask about him?" He said, "In Madinah"

Al-Majlisi (d. 1111H) says: Sahih

Al-Haj Muhammad Zakariya agrees: Its chain is Sahih. {al-Usul min al-Kafi, vol. 1, p. 328, #2}

He even showed the son, Muhammad, to one of his trusted companion. Shayk al-Saduq (d. 381H):
'Ali b. 'Abd Allah al-Warraq - Sa'd b. 'Abd Allah - Ahmad b. Ishaq b. Sa'd al-Ash'ari:
"I went to Abu Muhammad al-Hasan b. 'Ali, peace be upon them both, and I intended to ask him about his successor. But, he said to me before I said anything, "O Ahmad b. Ishaq! Verily, Allah the most Blessed, the Most High never leaves the earth since the creation of Adam, peace be upon him, and He will never leave it till the establishment of the hour, without an Hujjah of Allah over His creation. Through him, calamity is averted from the people of the earth; through him, rain descends; and through him, the blessings of the earth come out." I said to him, "O son of the Messenger of Allah! So, who is the Imam and the Khalifah after you?" Then, he, peace be upon him, rose hurriedly and entered the house. Then, he came out and on his shoulder was a young boy whose face was like the full moon, from the three-year-olds. Then, he said, "O Ahmad b. Ishaq! If not for your honor before Allah the Almighty and before His Hujjahs, I would not have shown you THIS SON OF MINE. Verily, he is the namesake of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, and also shares his agnomen. He will fill the earth with equity and justice just as it had been filled with oppression and injustice."
{Kamal al-Din wa Tamam al-Ni'mah, p. 384, Ch. 38, #1}
Al-Hajj Muhammad Zakariyyah comments: Its chain is reliable.

As such, the matter is without any doubt. Moreover, it must be noted that Imam al-Askari is "one of the Imams of the Shi'ah" as al-Dhahabi describes him. Therefore, the Shi'ah are the best authorities concerning him and his affairs, just as Muslims generally are the best references on Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him and his household.

It is obvious Imam al-Hasan al-Askari had hidden his only child in Madinah, far away from Iraq where he himself lived. Sheik al-Mufid explains:

"He (i.e al-Askari) left behind his son, the Awaited One, for the true government. He had hidden his birth and concealed his affair, due to the difficulty of the time and the severity of the search for him by the ruler of the time, and his hard efforts in investigating his affair. When it (i.e information) spread concerning him from the madhhab of the Shi'ah Imamiyyah, and he (al-Askari) realized their wait for him, then he did not expose his birth, peace be upon him, during his lifetime, and the majority did not know him (i.e his son) after his death."
{al-Irshad fi Ma'rifat Hujjaj Allah 'ala al-'Ibad, vol. 2 p. 336}
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 9:22pm On Jan 22, 2015
@lanrexlan, dear brother! In line with your question which I hurriedly answered, I found a very good and revealing 'attitude' of some of this Ummah's scholars. May Allah forgive their (and our) mistakes.
Please follow me patiently while I quote each concerning the following hadith:

VERSION ONE
Imam Ibn 'Asim (d. 287H)documents:

Muhammad b. al-Muthanna - Yahya b. Hammad - Abu 'Awanah - Yahya b. Sulaym Abu Balj - Amr b. Maymun - Ibn Abbas: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said to 'Ali "You are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a prophet. And you are my Khalifah over every believer after me."
{Kitab al-Sunnah (Dar al-sami'i li al-Nashr wa al-Tawzi), vol. 1, p. 799 - 880, #1222}

1. The annotator of this edition, Dr. Basim b. Faysal al-Jawabirah, comment:

"Its chain is hassan. Its narrators are narrators of the two shaykhs, except Abu Balj, and his name is Yahya b. Sulaym b. Balj. Al-Hafiz said: "Saduq (very truthful), maybe he made mistakes." There are witnesses for it (i.e the hadith)"

2. 'Allamah al-Albani (d. 1420H) also annotated the same kitab Sunnah (al-Maktab al-Islami; 1st edition, 1400H). Here is his comments on the same hadith:

"Its chain is hassan. Its narrators are trustworthy, and are narrators of the two shaykhs (i.e al-Bukhari and Muslim) except Abu Balj. His name is Yahya b. Sulaym b. Bajl. Al-Hafiz said: "Saduq (very truthful), maybe he made mistakes."
{This footnote is in vol. 2 p, 565, #1188 of Kitab Sunnah; note the edition above^}

VERSION TWO
Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal (d. 241H) in his al-Musnad, also documents:

'Abd Allah - my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) - Yahya b. Hammad - Abu 'Awanah - Abu Balj - 'Amr b. Maymun...Ibn 'Abbas said:
"...He (the Messenger of Allah) went out for the battle of Tabuk. So, 'Ali said to him, "Let me go out with you." Therefore, the Prophet of Allah, peace be upon him, said, "Do not weep, 'Ali. Are you not pleased that you are to me of the status of Harun to Musa, with the exception that you are not a Prophet? Verily, it is not right that I depart except with you as my Khalifah."
{Musnad, vol. 1, p. 330, #3062 (Cairo: Muasassat Qurtubali) [annotator: Shu'ayb al-Arnaut]}

Surprisingly, Sheik Shu'aib al-Arnaut says:
"Its chain is da'if with this context. Abu Bajl, the fairest that has been said about him is that his hadith is accepted only when he is corroborated."

NB: The same Sheik al-Arnaut however, contradicted himself elsewhere:

(A) 'Abd Allah - my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) - Yahya b. Hammad - Abu 'Awanah - Abu Balj - Muhammad b. Hatib...Its chain is hassan due to Abu Balj
{Musnad vol. 4, p. 259, #18305}

(B) 'Abd Allah - my father (Ahmad b. Hanbal) - Hasan - Zuhayr - Abu Balj - 'Amr b. Maymun - Abu Hurayrah...This chain is hassan.
{Vol. 2, p. 355, #8645}

NB: Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah (d. 748H) in his "Minhaj al-Sunnah" declared this hadith as "Mawdoo (fabrication)". His sole claim was that the hadith is "Mursal" and not "Musnad". A mursal hadith is an hadith that is not fully-connected e.g if a Tabi'in narrated directly from the Prophet. While a Musnad hadith is one that is fully connected. grin but ALL the chains indicated the hadith is Musnad!

So, obviously the chain concerning the Khilafah of 'Ali documented by Imam Ahmad in his Musnad, which Sheik al-Arnaut graded "da'if", is no doubt "Hasan".

'Allamah Ahmad Shakir (d. 1377H) however, corrected the underlined above^, and also al-Arnaut's claim. On the same hadith which 'Allamah Ahmad Shakir equally annotated, he writes:

"Its chain is Sahih. Abu Balj: his name is Yahya b. Sulaym. He is also Yahya b. Abi al-Aswad al-Fazari, and he is thiqah (trustworthy). Ibn Ma'in, Ibn Sa'd, al-Nasai, al-Daraqutni and others declared him thiqah. It is said in al-Tahdhib (of al-Hafiz ibn Hajar) that al-Bukhari said: "There is a problem in him"! I do not know: where has he (al-Bukhari) said that? This is because in his (al-Bukhari's) biography of him in al-Kabir 4/2/279-280, he does not mention any criticism against him, and he (al-Bukhari) does not write his biography in al-Saghir, and neither he nor al-Nasai has mentioned him in (his respective) al-Du'afa. Moreover, Shu'bah has narrated from him, and he does not narrate except from thiqah narrators"
{Musnad (Cairo: Dar al-Hadith; 1st edition, 1416H)[annotator: Ahmad Muhammad Shakir], vol. 1, p. 331, #3062}

Imam al-Hakim (d. 403H) and Imam al-Dhahabi (d. 748H) graded the chain of the hadith "SAHIH". The same version as Musnad (Version Two ^)
{Al-Mustadrak 'ala al-Sahihayn, vol. 3, p. 143, #4652)

VERSION THREE
Imam al-Nasai (d. 303H) also document the same version of Imam Ibn 'Asim (1st hadith quoted above tagged Version One).
{Sunan al-Kubra, vol. 5, p. 112, #8409}

INTERPRETATIONS
While many scholars kept mute on this hadith, Sheik al-Albani writes:
"As for what the Shi'ah mention about this hadith and others that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said about 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, that "he is my Khalifah after me", it is NOT authentic for many reasons. Rather, it is one of their (i.e Shi'is') several fabrications, which are exposed as lies by history. If truly the Prophet, peace be upon him, had said it, it would have occurred as predicted, because it is wahy revealed, and Allah never betrays His promise."
{Silsilah al-Ahadith al-Sahihah wa Shayhun min Fiqhihah wa Fawaidihah, vol. 4, p. 344, #1750}

To this weird interpretation I say "La haola wala quwatah illah billah".

1. Wasn't the Sheik al-Albanni himself that graded the hadith as "Hasan"? Why did he allowed himself to be baited by Ibn Taymiyyah's card?

2. The caliber of al-Albani is too high to however interpret that the hadith is false and Shi'a's "fabrication" due to History. Why? Because History says Abu Bakr was the Khalifah after the Prophet and not 'Ali!
Does the Sheik not read the Qur'an about Nabi Musa and Nabi Harun?

(A) Allah reveal in Surah Nisa: 64 that Messengers are to be Obeyed. While the same Qur'an reveal that Musa and Harun were Messenger (sura Taha: 47).

So can we conclude in line with the Sheik argument that all the Messengers (esp. Harun) that were rejected by their people were fake Prophets because their rejection tantamount to 'Allah's promise not been fulfilled?

(B)Interestingly, Nabi Harun was not only a Messenger but also a KHALIFAH of Nabi Musa. Qur'an:
"Musa said to his brother, Harun: 'Be my Khalifah over my people." (Q. 7:142)

In Qur'an 20: 85, Allah reveal to Musa while he was away: "...We have tried your people in your absence, and al-Samiri has led them astray." and Qur'an 7: 150 revealed that when Musa came back angrily, he questioned his brother Harun the state of affair and his Khilafa-ship over them. Harun told him they nearly killed him while they usurped the position.

Going with al-Albani's interpretations, were the messengership and khalifa-ship of Harun false and invalid because history did not fulfill his appointment which no doubt was wahy?

No doubt! Seikh al-Albani knew this but its too hard for him to accept. Should he ever agree, his Aqeedah will definitely sink; hence, there is a need to attack and call Shi'a all sort of names. How many of his adherents also took this bait by following his interpretation!

Tag (also): Empiree, sino, Abuamam, kazlaw2000, if not for anything but for academic purposes. Let's try and give a chance individual/personal research in our studies.

Wa Salam alaykum
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 1:06am On Jan 23, 2015
SUNNI OBJECTION 2
The second Sunni objection is forwarded by Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah:
The Imamiyyah who claim that he had a son that he (the son) entered the cellar in Samara while he was still young. Among them are those who say that his age (at that time) was two. Among them are also those who say it was three. And among them are those who say it was five years.

This claim is a very wide-spread claim among the Sunni. Is it true that the Shi'ah Imamiyyah make any such statement, that the last Imam entered a cellar in Samara near Baghdad (or anywhere else) while he was still young? The correct Shi'i opinion is that none knows the location of the Imam except some special members of his family.

Al-Kulayni reports:
Muhammad b. Yahya - Muhammad b. Al-Husayn - Ibn Mahbub - Ishaq b. Ammar:
Abu 'Abd Allah, peace be upon him, said: "The Qaim will have two disappearances: one of them will be short and the other will be long. In the first disappearance, none will know his location in it except his special Shi'ah; and in the other, none will know his location in it except his special relatives."
{al-Usul min al-Kafi, vol. 1, p. 340, #19}

Al-Majlisi says: Muwaththaq

Al-Haj Muhammad Zakariyyah: Its chain is Sahih or muwaththaq.

Allamah al-Majlisi explains the hadith:
"{Except his special relatives} meaning, his servants, family and children."
{Mir-at al-'Uqul fi Sharh Akhbar Al al-Rasul, vol. 4. 52}

If those are the ones who know his location, naturally, that CANNOT be the cellar which is known to all and sundry!

Sheik Kulayni further documents an Hadith which proves that Imam al-Mahdi (as) do regularly comes out of his location to attend Hajj rites:

Muhammad b. Musa b. al-Mutawakil, may Allah be pleased with him - 'Abd Allah b. Ja'far al-Himyari:
[color=990000]I heard Muhammad b. Uthman al-'Umari, may Allah be pleased with him, saying: "By Allah, the Master of this Affair surely attends the pilgrimage every year. So, he sees the people and recognizes them. They too see him but do not recognize him."[/color]
{Kamal al-Din wa Tamam al-Ni'mah, p.440, Ch. 43, #8}

Al-Haj Muhammad Zakariya: Its chain is Sahih.

These Sunni Ulama claimed "Shi'a Imam Mahdi" entered an imaginary cellar as a child, and never came out of it, and will only come out of it upon his reappearance. How is that reconciliable with the Sahih Shi'i hadith?

Besides, if every sundry knows this imaginary cellar, would that not have always massed together at its entrance near every Hajj season to witness him come out of it?

To be continue in sha Allah!
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by Empiree: 2:25am On Jan 23, 2015
Will the Khilafah be restored before Imam Mahdi emerges? Will he be a Sunni or a Shia? Is he already born

"There is a Hadith in Sahih Muslim that a Khalifah will die. And there will be disagreement concerning succession. Then a man will emerge out of Madina. He will hurry to Makkah. And the people of Makkah will come out to him and urge him and try to force him to accept the Bai'aa.

Now we have a problem here. We haven't heard that word (Bai'aa) for years and years. The word 'Bai'aa' is put into a place, something called 'Cold Storage'.
What is this Bai'aa?
It is the pledge of allegiance which legitimizes the role of the Khalifah. That is Bai'aa. And it is an institution that is located in the Qur'an and in the Sunnah of Nabi Muhammad (SA). When he (Imam Al-Mahdi) accepts the Bai'aa; at that time he will confirm and proclaim himself to be Imam Al-Mahdi.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by Empiree: 1:31am On Jan 25, 2015
Now then, I made this comment, and I did not make this comment in any disrespectful way, I was merely speaking facts. And if Imran is not allowed to speak facts, what should he talk about?

I said that Makkah has never been a Shia city, is that true or is that false?
I never said that there are no Shia in Saudi Arabia. Please have some respect for your own intellect; and don't quote people wrongly.

There is nothing to suggest to us, that the situation will change in the future, and that Makkah will transform itself and become a Shia city. There is no evidence to suggest that. Therefore we ask; how can a people of Makkah who are not Shia, how can they go out and pledge allegiance to a Shia?
If you have an answer, I will be happy to get the answer. You can send me an email. ...This is a reasoned discourse being presented tonight.
And so I conclude that the Imam cannot be Shia. This is my conclusion.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by Empiree: 1:32am On Jan 25, 2015
Now then, the argument is raised that because the Prophet (SA) used the word 'Khalifah', that a Kahlifah will die, the implication is that the Khilafah will be restored before the advent of Imam Al-Mahdi. But have you forgotten that Hadith?
"How will you be (at that time) when the son of Mary descends amongst you and your Imām will (at that time) be from your own ranks)."
(Sahīh Bukhāri)

Why should the Prophet (SA) say to us that this Imam would be from your own ranks; when we already have the Khilafah, It has already been restored, and our Imams are already from our own ranks? Why would he say that?

My understanding is that, the Hadith is clear. Prior to the advent of Imam Al-Mahdi. it is not possible to restore the Khilafah (our rulers will not be from our own ranks). And therefore when the word 'Khalifah' is used (in the Hadith a Khalifah will die) Prophet (SA) is referring to a Muslim Ruler.
Who could it be? The answer is clear. It has to be a Saudi King. Because there are too many princes out there waiting, struggling, fighting o take over. And there is already sufficient evidence of internal conflicts and rivalries in the big Saudi clan. So a Saudi King will die. When that Saudi King dies and there is disagreement concerning succession; it is at that time that Allah will send the Imam (Al-Mahdi)."

Source: http://www.imranhosein.org/faq/55-signs-of-the-last-day/310-will-the-khilafah-be-restored-before-imam-mahdi-emerges-will-he-be-a-sunni-or-a-shia-is-he-born.html
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by Empiree: 1:56am On Jan 25, 2015
It appears that we getting there. With the death of King Abdullah, his successor is also aged. As a matter of fact all princes are old. The youngest I profiled recently was born in 1945. We are very close to the emergence of Mahdi (as). Allah knows best.

The new king will be 80 by end of the year. My understanding is he has medical problems, too. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out he wont be on his throne for too long. I don't wish death for him. Maybe, after the death of King next to the current one there will be disagreement as hadith predicted. So far no disagreement with appointment of this king.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by Empiree: 2:23am On Jan 25, 2015
Imam Mahdi's profile

There are some Muslims who, impressed by the views of distinguished scholars such as Ibn Khaldun and Dr Muhammad Iqbal, have rejected belief in the advent of Imām al-Mahdi. Some of them even go on to dismiss our preoccupation with this subject with disdain and with spurious comments.
They should be warned that it is not only false but also sinful to argue that those who strive for a deeper understanding of the subject of the advent of Imām al-Mahdi (‘alaihi al-Salām) are a people who are content to sit waiting with folded arms for the Imām while doing nothing to combat falsehood and oppression in the world.

We have no doubt that certain members of the Ummah of Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) will be blessed with true dreams and visions which will convey to them information concerning the End-Time advent of Imām al-Mahdi (‘alaihi al-Salām). Readers must know however, that information so obtained cannot be objectively verified, and hence that there is no compulsion on any one to accept such information as truth.

This writer has never attempted to use such information in his analysis of events now mysteriously unfolding in the world, and in the Holy Land in particular. Rather he has continuously striven to grasp the ‘system of meaning’ of the subject of the End Times as derived from data located in the Qur’ān and Ahadīth of Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu ‘alaihi wa sallam). He is confident that his students will Insha Allah, continue that effort when he is no longer in this world. His conclusions, based on rational analysis (and intuitive internal insight), must always be qualified with the words Allahu ‘alam (Allah Knows best).

Those who are not convinced by his views expressed in this essay or in other writings and lectures, therefore have every right to withhold acceptance. Those on the other hand who reject his views, cannot be recognised as serious critics who deserve a response, unless and until they offer their own ‘correct’ views that are published under a name by which they can be recognized and held accountable. This writer is confident that a reasoned and respectful scholarly dialogue (in response to this and other essays on the subject) will enrich all those who participate with a greater understanding and insight into the subject Insha Allah.

The subject of the emergence of Imām al-Mahdi has now assumed truly urgent importance in the world of Islam ̶ Shia as well as Sunni. The misguided followers of the false Prophet of Qadian, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad al-Kazzab, should follow carefully the discussion on this subject so that they may recognize Insha Allah, the falsehood of Mirza’s claims that he was Imām al-Mahdi as well as the Promised Messiah. This subject is of urgent importance since the Anglo-American-Israeli military attack on the Arabs, Pakistan and Iran can be expected at any time now, and we can therefore expect that someone will soon emerge with yet another false claim to be the promised Imām. Continue reading....
http://www.imranhosein.org/articles/signs-of-the-last-day/267-is-imam-al-mahdi-about-to-emerge.html

The Imposters

The coming of Imam Mahdi is one of the signs of Qiyamah as is the belief of the Ahlus-Sunnah and he has yet to appear. Abdullah ibn Masu`d has reported that the Prophet has said:

"The world will not pass away before the Arabs are ruled by a man (referring to Mahdi) of my family whose name will be the same as mine"
(Abu Dawud).

However, many people in the past falsely claimed to be Imam Mahdi. One of these false claimants was Muhammad bin Tumarat, a tyrant who spread corruption and even buried some of his companions because they did not believe that he was the Mahdi described by the Ahaadith of Rasulullah Some believe it was Muhammad bin Al-Sakari who disappeared at the age of five and went into hiding and has been hiding 10 centuries. Mirza Ghulam Ahmed Qadiani (the cursed) was also one of those who claimed to be the Mahdi as well as many other people. Beside those mentioned there were many others who claimed the office of Mahdi, the most recent being somebody from Manchester who claimed the position for himself. It should be noted that none of the above or anybody else who claimed to be the Mahdi in the past fulfilled the conditions laid down by the Prophet

The Prophet(SAW) taught:

Al-Mahdi is one of us, the members of the household (Ahlul-Bayt).
(Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 2, Tradition No. 4085)

Abu Sa'id al-Khudari(RA) narrated that the Prophet(SAW) said:

Our Mahdi will have a broad forehead and a pointed (prominent) nose. He will fill the earth with justice as it is filled with injustice and tyranny. He will rule for seven years.
(Abu Dawud, Sahih, Vol. 2, p. 208; Fusul al-muhimma, p. 275)

Hadhrat Umme Salmah(RA) narrates that Rasulullah(SAW) said:

After the death of a Ruler there will be some dispute between the people. At that time a citizen of Madina will flee (from Madina) and go to Makkah. While in Makkah, certain people will approach him between Hajrul Aswad and Maqaame Ibraheem, and forcefully pledge their allegiance to him.

Thereafter a huge army will proceed from Syria to attack him but when they will be at Baida, which is between Makkah and Madina, they will be swallowed into the ground.

On seeing this, the Abdaals of Shaam as well as large numbers of people from Iraq will come to him and pledge their allegiance to him. Then a person from the Quraish, whose uncle will be from the Bani Kalb tribe will send an army to attack him, only to be overpowered, by the will of Allah. This (defeated) army will be that of the Bani Kalb. Unfortunate indeed is he who does not receive a share from the booty of the Kalb. This person (Imam Mahdi) will distribute the spoils of war after the battle. He will lead the people according to the Sunnat and during his reign Islam will spread throughout the world. He will remain till seven years (since his emergence). He will pass away and the Muslims will perform his Janazah salaat.
(Abu Dawood)

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mas'ood(RA) reports from the Prophet(SAW), who said:

The world will not come to pass until a man from among my family, whose name will be my name, rules over the Arabs.
(Tirmidhi Sahih, Vol. 9, P. 74; Abu Dawud, Sahih, Vol. 5, P. 207;
also narrated by Ali b. Abi Talib, Abu Sa'id, Umm Salma, Abu Hurayra)

The Prophet(SAW) said:

Allah will bring out from concealment al-Mahdi from my family and just before the day of Judgment; even if only one day were to remain in the life of the world, and he will spread on this earth justice and equity and will eradicate tyranny and oppression.
(Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, Vol. 1, P. 99)

Hadhrat Ali(RA) narrates that Rasulullah(SAW) said:

Even if only a day remains for Qiyamah to come, yet Allah will surely send a man from my family who will fill this world with such justice and fairness, just as it initially was filled with oppression.(Abu Dawood)

Ali b. Abi Talib(RA) has related a tradition from the Prophet(SAW) who informed him:

The promised Mahdi will be among my family. God will make the provisions for his emergence within a single night.(Ibn Majah, Sahih, Vol. 2, P. 519)

Hazrat Umme Salmah(RA), Prophet's wife, narrates that she heard the Prophet(SAW) say:

The promised Mahdi will be among my progeny, among the descendants of Fatima.
(Abu Dawud, Sahih, Vol. 2, P. 207; Ibn Majah, Sahih, Vol. 2, P. 519)

Rasulullah(SAW) announced:

The Mahdi will be of my family, of the descendants of Fatima (the Prophet's daughter). (Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 2, Tradition No. 4086)

End
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 12:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
Empiree:

Will he be a Sunni or a Shia?

Empiree:
Now then, I made this comment, and I did not make this comment in any disrespectful way, I was merely speaking facts. And if Imran is not allowed to speak facts, what should he talk about?

I said that Makkah has never been a Shia city, is that true or is that false?
I never said that there are no Shia in Saudi Arabia. Please have some respect for your own intellect; and don't quote people wrongly.

There is nothing to suggest to us, that the situation will change in the future, and that Makkah will transform itself and become a Shia city. There is no evidence to suggest that. Therefore we ask; how can a people of Makkah who are not Shia, how can they go out and pledge allegiance to a Shia?
If you have an answer, I will be happy to get the answer. You can send me an email. ...This is a reasoned discourse being presented tonight.
And so I conclude that the Imam cannot be Shia. This is my conclusion.

A very faulty conclusion from Sheik Imran. I wonder how scholars usually lose their scholarship when it comes to protecting their primary aqeedah.

Anyway, will Imam Mahdi be Sunni going by the "facts and theory" of Sheik Imran?

1. Saudi (Makkah) is not a Sunni state but a Wahabi-Salafi state!

2. Was the holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) "a Muslim" or a Sunni Muslim or a Shi'a Muslim? If Sheik Imran can answer this, perhaps he can provide and rationalize his own very question as to the "aqeedah" of Imam Mahdi (as). Believe in Messengership of Muhammad makes one a Muslim.

3. Ahadith established that while Makkah will be experiencing great conflict in power succession, al-Mahdi (as) will emerge and take over!
Take over by what? Where will he emerge from? What will be his slogan that will attract people irrespective of their Aqeedah?

Sheik Imran failed to rationalize all these thereby assumed Imam al-Mahdi (as) could only be "Sunni/Salafi" for the "Sunni-salafi populace" of Makkah to give Bai'a for him.

MAHDI and AQEEDAH
4. Do sheik Imran believe in this hadith:
The holy Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) said:
"There will be for this Ummah Twelve Khalifah all from Quraysh

To sheik Imran as a Sunni, how many Khalifah does he recognize as against this sahih hadith? Only Shi'a believe and present 12 Khalifah.

5. Perusing further in relation to this hadith, there is no vacancy for Non-Quraysh in the succession (Khilafah) to Muhammad. On the other hands, Quraysh is too big a clan for succession to take place. What and how will a quota system be designed to choose a Khalifah? So does Sheik Imran believe firmly in his heart this ahadith of the Prophet:
"I leave amongst you TWO KHALIFAs; the Book of Allah, and My ahl al-bayt

* This hadith indicated there's no quota system in the Khilafah-ship that has been initially restricted in the Quraysh. The sole selected Qurayshi clan to be Khalifah is the Ahl al-Bayt of the holy Prophet.
Any whatsoever khalifah that is not from the Ahl al-Bayt of the Prophet is illegitimate. Period!

* Again does Sheik Imran believe in these ahadith (about 3 ahadith joined together):
"AL-MAHDI is from my AHL AL-BAYT...from the progeny of Fatima...and that he will be the last Imam/Khalifah of this Ummah

Summary:
# 12 khalifah will rule this Ummah

# All this 12 Khalifah will be from Quraysh clan; and only from the Progeny of Muhammad.

# Al-Mahdi is the Last Khalifah, also from the progeny of Muhammad through the lineage of Fatima.

So how can Sunni rationalize these facts having in their Aqeedah more than 12 Khalifah and just 2 of them ('Ali and Hassan) from the progeny of Muhammad?

# There are also Sahih ahadith (see OP) which affirmed that the Soldiers of Mahdi will come from Khurasan. The bulk Khurasan region is Shi'a territory. Meaning that the immediate and strongest Bai'a for Mahdi is not even from "Sunni-salafi" Makkah.

Despite the fact that all these evidences are Sunni-based, only Shi'a believed in the submission of these ahadith.

Empiree:

Is he already born?

What's Sheik Imran's submissions!
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by Empiree: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2015
AlBaqir:

What's Sheik Imran's submissions!
He said if he is born already Allah will protect his identity till appointed time.

And i think you got it wrong on his response on Mahdi. He's isn't talking about mahdi favoring a sect at all. Far from that.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
Empiree:
He said if he is born already Allah will protect his identity till appointed time.

Fair enough for some Sunni scholars argued without a single evidence that Mahdi is not yet born. Shi'a on the other hand argued that he's already been born centuries ago and he's in hidden protected by Allah just like 'Isa (as).

Empiree:

And i think you got it wrong on his response on Mahdi. He's isn't talking about mahdi favoring a sect at all. Far from that.

Nah! At one hand, sheik Imran recognize Shi'a as muslim and his brethren but at another hand, he opposed the fundamentals of Shi'a since its against his Sunni Aqeedah. So raising question like: will Mahdi be Sunni or Shi'a and emphatically conclude with "fact" that Makkah (where Mahdi will first rise)isn't a Shi'a-based area. Then what is he concluding other than Mahdi is likely to come with Sunni Aqeedah?!
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by Empiree: 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
[quote author=AlBaqir post=30117864]

Fair enough for some Sunni scholars argued without a single evidence that Mahdi is not yet born. Shi'a on the other hand argued that he's already been born centuries ago and he's in hidden protected by Allah just like 'Isa (as).
Technically you both saying the same thing. He refrained from saying he is born to avoid criticisms

Nah! At one hand, sheik Imran recognize Shi'a as muslim and his brethren but at another hand, he opposed the fundamentals of Shi'a since its against his Sunni Aqeedah. So raising question like: will Mahdi be Sunni or Shi'a and emphatically conclude with "fact" that Makkah (where Mahdi will first rise)isn't a Shi'a-based area. Then what is he concluding other than Mahdi is likely to come with Sunni Aqeedah?!
I think it's better to watch is video....that way, you can clearly understand what he's talking about. Reading and typing here may cause misunderstanding.

@bold, he was asked. I watched the video some yrs back. It was Q&A session. It might be appropriate if you just watch his videos and ask him questions. His email is on his website.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
AL-MAHDI'S CONQUEST: Mediocre or Extraordinary?

Allamah Nasir deen al-Albani writes:

"...In that case, the Mahdī is Muḥammad b. ‘Abd Allāh. He is one of the renewers, about whom the Messenger, peace be upon him, informed in his statement: { Verily, Allāh appoints for this Ummah, at the head of every one hundred years, someone who renews its religion for it }. So, the Mahdī is nothing other than a MEDIOCRE human being, a scholar, a reformer. The people will follow him due to his knowledge and righetousness....

{Abū ‘Abd al-Raḥmān Muḥammad Nāṣir al-Dīn b. al-Ḥajj Nūḥ b. Tajātī b. Ādam alAshqūdrī al-Albānī, Mawsū’at al-‘Allāmah al-Albānī (Ṣanā, Yemen: Markaz al-Nu’mān li alBuḥūth wa al-Dirāsāt al-Islāmiyyah wa Taḥqīq al-Turāth wa al-Tarjamah; 1st edition, 1431 H) [producer: Shādī b. Muḥammad b. Sālim Āl Nu’mān], vol. 9, pp. 236-237, # 1581}

Much have been said and proven that all Sunni ahadith which says Mahdi's father is Abdullah just like the Prophet's father, are unreliable so there is no need addressing the issue again.

However, the main caption in this wording of Allamah Albani is the underlined statement. He made people to believe that Sunni belief about Mahdi's personality and conquest is MEDIOCRE just like every other regular reformist.

Albani believe Mahdi will be sent by Allah as stated in many ahadith which he himself declared to be Sahih. The question is has Allah ever sent a mediocre person for His mission?

Many hadith say Mahdi will conquer the whole world and establish justice and equity on earth. How will he do that magnanimous task? With heavy artillery, machine guns, sophisticated arsenal etc or a powerful sermon that will change the hearth of every soul?

Whichever way it is, no mediocre man can ever achieve that feat. Albani's submission is as wrong as the claim that ahadith which says Mahdi's father is Abdullah are "sahih (authentic)". Many have been misinform about the Mahdi to the fact that even if he comes, majority will deny his identity due to misinformation of these scholars.

How will Mahdi conquered the World
Apparently there is no single hadith in entire Sunni documents that answer this question. And no Sunni Ulama seem to have a clue on this.

Sheik Sadiq (381H) documents:

Amad b. Ziyād b. Ja’far al-Hamdānī, may Allāh be pleased with him – ‘Alī b. Ibrāhīm – his father – al-Rayān b. al-Ṣalt:

I said to al-Riḍā, peace be upon him, “Are you the one in charge of this matter?” So, he replied, “I am the one in charge of this matter. But, I am not the one who will fill it with justice just as it had been filled with injustice. How can I be that one with what you see of the weakness of my body? Verily, the Qāim is the one who, when he comes out, will have an old age but the appearance of a young man. He will be so strong physically that if he stretched his hand to the biggest tree on the face of the earth, he would surely uproot it; and if he shouted among the mountains, their rocks would explode. With him will be the staff of Mūsā and the ring of Sulaymān, peace be upon them both. He will be the fourth in line from my offspring. Allāh will make him invisible in His concealment for as long as He wishes. Then, He will make him visible; and He (Allāh) will, through him, fill the earth with equity and justice just as it had been filled with oppression and injustice.”

Al-Ḥāj Muḥammad Zakariyā says about it: Its chain is ṣaḥīḥ.

{Abū Ja’far Muḥammad b. ‘Alī b. al-Ḥusayn b. Bābūyah al-Qummī, Kamāl al-Dīn wa Tamām al-Ni’mah (Qum: Muasassat al-Nashr al-Islāmī li Jamā’at al-Mudarisīn; 1405 H) [annotator: ‘Alī Akbar al-Ghiffārī], p. 376, Ch. 35, # 7}

Sheik Saduq again documents:

Muḥammad b. al-Ḥasan b. Aḥmad b. al-Walīd, may Allāh be pleased with him – Muḥammad b. al-Ḥasan b. al-Ṣaffār – Ya’qūb b. Yazīd – Muḥammad b. Abī ‘Umayr – Abān b. ‘Uthmān – Abān b. Taghlib – Abū Ḥamzah al-Thumālī:

Abū Ja’far, peace be upon him, said: “It is as though I am looking at the Qāim, peace be upon him, after he has appeared upon Najaf al-Kūfa. So, when he appears upon al-Najaf, he will unfurl the banner of the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him and his family. Its pole will be from the pillars of the Throne of Allāh the Most High: and the rest of it will be from the Naṣr (Victory) of Allāh the Almighty. He will not point with it towards anyone except that Allāh the Most High will destroy him (i.e. that person).” I asked, “Will it (always) with him or will it be brought to him?” He replied, “Rather, Jibraīl, peace be upon him, will bring it to him.”

Al-Ḥāj Muḥammad Zakariyā says about it: Its chain is ṣaḥīḥ.

{Abū Ja’far Muḥammad b. ‘Alī b. al-Ḥusayn b. Bābūyah al-Qummī, Kamāl al-Dīn wa Tamām al-Ni’mah (Qum: Muasassat al-Nashr al-Islāmī li Jamā’at al-Mudarisīn; 1405 H) [annotator: ‘Alī Akbar al-Ghiffārī], p. 672, Ch. 58, # 23}

To be continue in sha Allah
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by AlBaqir(m): 8:14am On Dec 04, 2015
Ziyarat of Imam al-Mahdi on Fridays

O Allah! Send blessings on Muhammad and on the children of Muhammad.
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

O Allaah send blessings on Muhammad and on the children of Muhammad.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

Peace be on you, O the decisive argument of Allah on His earth ! Peace be on you, O the ultimate link of Allah with the mankind ! Peace be on you, O the truth and enlightenment of Allah whom the guided on the Right Path follow and imitate, and who gives heart, joy and confidence to the faithfuls! Peace be on you, O the just, pure and refined, rendered formidable! Peace be on you, O the “Wali” (beloved favourite of Allah, a friend, a helper) who always gives sincere advice! Peace be on you, O the means and medium of liberation and assurance ! Peace be on you, O the spring and essence of life ! Peace be on you. Blessings of Allah be on you and on your pure and pious family. Peace be on you. May Allah fulfill, at once, in advance , the promise He made with you – to shower mercy and make distinctly visible (your) leadership. Peace be on you, O Loving Protector ! I am your friend and follower, well aware of your priority and ultimate purpose. I come near Allah, the Highest High, through you and your family. I look forward to be there when you come, at your disposal for making known the truth. I request Allah to send blessings on Muhammad and on the children of Muhammad, and make room for me amid those who have fixed the look upon you, who shall comply with your instructions and help you against your enemies, and let me be present before you along with all your friends. O loving protector ! O the Man of the moment ! Blessings of Allah be on you and on your family. Today is Friday, a day you are expected to come; the faithful will be free of cares and troubles when you shall arrive, and with one strike shall put an end to the intrigues of the infidels. I, O the Loving friend, in these hours, seek your hospitality and friendship. You, O my Loving friend, are kind and generous, a true son of the kind and generous forefathers, always inclined by nature to be hospitable and friendly. So give me a warm welcome and make friends with me. Blessings of Allah be on you and on your family.

O Allah! Send blessings on Muhammad and on the children of Muhammad.
Re: Who Is Al-mahdi, The Savior Of The Last Hour?! by sino(m): 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
In the Name of Allah The Most Beneficient, The Most Merciful

The Yorubas have a saying which I loosely translate here as: “A man that intends to give another man clothings, we need to first look at what he himself is putting on” hence, we need to look at what can be found in the shi’a books about the Mahdi, are they authentic? Are they true? Does it in anyway align and in consistent with what the best of mankind, the Prophet of Islam (SAW) taught during his life time?...

Well, instead of the shi’a to focus on the mountain of lies cooked up by their scholars, they would rather be looking for whatever they can hang on to in the sunni traditions to claim they are right and the sunis are wrong or on falsehood, this is not only ridiculous, but outright deceptive. Unfortunately, they are only deceiving themselves and their ignorant followers. I wonder how AlBaqir and his cohorts have been battling with the huge discrepancies, contradictions and outright fabricated lies that were attributed to their Imams by their scholars as found in their books…reading the research below from a sunni brother, sheds light into the strange believes of AlBaqir and his shi’a group, and what they are calling Muslims to. Please endeavor to read till the end, it is a long post, but you will gain a lot from this research on the shi’a beliefs of the Mahdi which the OP is about.

I hope AlBaqir would enlighten us though, every narration from their books and their scholar’s analysis of these issues…I patiently await this…

PS: This post was copied from the gift2shia website, I’ll not be quoting links and most of the Arabic script, please go to the site for links to download books that are specifically pointed to in this research and the Arabic text…

Mahdi tour. (Who is Al Mahdi From the Shi’a Narrations)

Research prepared by brother Tripolysunni.

Introduction

FACT, the twelver Shiites base their entire religion on several points like Karbala, Imamah…and The Awaited Imam in occultation “Al Mahdi”.

Notes:

-there are many Variations of each Hadith which I will be posting however I shall post only one version and the rest will be in the sources.

-Al Mahdi has many names in Shia Books Such as: Muhammad Bin al Hassan al askari, Abu Saleh, Al Hujjah, 12th Imam, al Qa’em, Sahib al Amr/Owner of this Affair, Al Gha’eb/The occluded, Bakiyatu’Allah (Astaghfirullah from this Shirk), Saheb al Zaman, Al muntazar(Awaited one), Saheb al Asr ect…

bismillah,

Although nothing in the Quran points to this figure but still there are just so many Hadiths which leave no doubt about this truth. All Muslims believe that Al Mahdi who is a pious Man from the progeny of the Prophet PBUH will come as their savior at the end of time, the Twelver Shiites however have a couple of differences and the main topic which we will discuss won’t be the common Mahdi “Muhammad bin Abdullah” that all Muslims believe in and who is yet to be born But it is the Mahdi that the twelver Shiites believe in. Not only is his name different but they claim he is actually alive right now as we speak and he is in hiding for some mysterious reason and won’t show up and this has been the case since almost 1200 years ago and the twelvers still believe this guy is around and hiding. Every year they go to some sort of pilgrimage where they claim that he was last sighted (in some cellar or cave or passageway) and they shout his name and call for his help and place food and horses at the entrance for his return as well as write him letters about their troubles and hardships in life so that he may help them.

Firstly before we discuss the 12th imam we should talk a bit about what happened after the death of the 11th Imam (Supposedly his father) Al Hassan Al Askari RAA.

The Ancient Shiite Historian Abu Muhammad, Al Hassan bin Musa bin Al Hassan al Nawbakhti who was born in the 3rd century Hijri, writes in his Shia History book called “Firaq al Shia” about the various Shiite teams and sects and tribes during the life of the 11 Imams.

Here is what the Shia Scholars say about him:

Sheikh al Najashi says in his book of Rijal above that al Nawbakhti is his Sheikh and Speaker.

Sheikh Abbas al Qummi in his “Al Kuna wal Alqab” says That he is an outspoken philosopher of the Imami Shia.
Sayyed Ibn Tawoos says in Faraj al Mahmoum that Al Hassan bin Musa al Nawbakhti is a scientist in astrology and an example to others in that field.

Al Tusi Says in his Fehrest Page 98, India Print 1835: Abu muhammad, outspoken philosopher and he was an Imami Shia with sound beliefs and is trustworthy…He is a landmark amongst scholars.

Shia Scholar, Noor Allah al Testeri: Al Hassan Bin Musa one of the biggest scholars of the sect, he was an outspoken Philosopher with Imami belief. (From Majalis al mumineen for al Testeri P77, Print Iran quoted from the Intro of the book).

Refer to these websites for more on him:see website indicated above

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barka De Sallah Funny Pictures / Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It / A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 285
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.