Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson (3207 Views)

Obiano Purchases 5 Vehicles As Osinbajo Visits Innoson Company. PICS / Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Innoson Motors (Photos) / Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 11, 2015
Members of the Presidential committee on the review of Nigerian defence policy yesterday visited Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Company, Nnewi, Anambra State to inspect facilities at the vehicle plant and see how the defence sector in the country could benefit from the company.

The visiting committee chaired by Major General A. Adewuyi had Professor Isaac Olawale Albert as the team leader. He told Daily Sun that the basic reason for the visit was for the committee to see the facilities available at the company and see the extent to which the defence policy could draw some lessons.

Prof Albert said the idea was for Nigeria to begin to look inwards for the procurement of some military hard and soft wares " how we can procure our vehicles, how do we procure our armoured vehicles locally, how do we manufacture some of the things we need in the defence industry. That is what brought us to Nnewi."

Professor Albert explained that what the presidential committee had seen at the factory site suggested to them that without doubt, IVM had the capacity to supply the Nigerian military with many of its requirements in terms of military vehicles.

"We saw at the factory, pick-up vans that can be used by the police, army, air force, navy, customs and immigration. We also saw buses that can be used to convey officers and men.

"So, I think it is a very useful visit and when we get back to Abuja we are going to write a report that will actually show the capacity of this company to assist the defence industry in Nigeria," Prof Albert promised.

He said the review excercise covered all the security agencies, adding that what the committee had seen at Innoson would form a critical element of the new defence policy.

"Our observation is that Nigeria can produce her own armoured vehicles for carrying out operations. The Chief Executive Officer of Innoson Group, Chief (Dr.) Innocent Chukwuma would come to Abuja to address a larger gathering of the defence policy makers on his capability and ingenuity.

"This is what we need in this country if we must be self-sufficient in diverse areas. In addition to manufacturing for Nigeria and doing the country proud, Innoson generates employment, Prof Albert concluded."

He described Chief Chukwuma as a national asset.

Earlier, Chief Chukwuma had told the presidential committee that he was already designing military vehicles that would be as rugged as others produced elsewhere, that the IVM had the capability to manufacture armoured vehicles if given the specification. He said the company only needed support by government and Nigerians. He declared that there was no vehicle IVM could not design and produce for African environment.
http://odili.net/news/source/2015/jan/9/514.html

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by loomer: 2:16am On Jan 11, 2015
I don high sote I no fit read, I beg someone help me explain wetin d story de abt
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Brahms(m): 2:50am On Jan 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by slimfit1(m): 2:56am On Jan 11, 2015
loomer:
I don high sote I no fit read, I beg someone help me explain wetin d story de abt

Jonathan wan pump money for Aba.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 2:58am On Jan 11, 2015
loomer:
"Prof Albert said the idea was for Nigeria to begin to look inwards for the procurement of some military hard and soft wares " how we can procure our vehicles, how do we procure our armoured vehicles locally, how do we manufacture some of the things we need in the defence industry. That is what brought us to Nnewi."

Professor Albert explained that what the presidential committee had seen at the factory site suggested to them that without doubt, IVM had the capacity to supply the Nigerian military with many of its requirements in terms of military vehicles."
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 2:58am On Jan 11, 2015
Good move by the DC Nigeria has the capacity and human resource to produce its millitary hardwares but lacks insight from fg.
Less i forget there was a rugged millitary van i think called igirigi manufactured by one of the private a coys in the east which some banks are now using to convey their monies with ease, the Dc should also look into it and see how they can domesticate it for millitary use.

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by nduchucks: 3:00am On Jan 11, 2015
I wonder whether Innoson cannot convert some of their manufacturing outfits into weapons manufacturing facilities so that they can help us build tanks to wound Boko Haram.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 3:01am On Jan 11, 2015
If the Presidential committee recommend that Innoson has the capacity to manufacture some military hardware, it would put the position of DICON as the sole locla manufacture of military hardware, in serious jeopardy.
Nigeria would follow the US example of contracting private companies to produce equipment for their military.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by huntamania(m): 3:06am On Jan 11, 2015
And they will deceive you that GEJ doesn't have anything to show for 6 years. Ignorance is killing the average Nigerian

13 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Dreal1247: 3:33am On Jan 11, 2015
Only assistance given to Innoson which other administrations ignored is enough for the east to support Gej.

12 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by edo3(m): 3:46am On Jan 11, 2015
loomer:
dem say only orijin and bullet fit do am.

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 3:57am On Jan 11, 2015
innoson
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by egift(m): 4:23am On Jan 11, 2015
Jonathan is a Drama Queen. All these fire brigade panic flip-flopping will still not stop Nigerians from kicking out the Zoologist.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by loomer: 5:29am On Jan 11, 2015
edo3:
dem say only orijin and bullet fit do am.

the highness de worse but na god go bless u
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by loomer: 5:32am On Jan 11, 2015
slimfit1:

Jonathan wan pump money for Aba.

thank u although I still de high and no read wetin u talk
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by loomer: 5:34am On Jan 11, 2015
CFCfan:

"Prof Albert said the idea was for Nigeria to begin to look inwards for the procurement of some military hard and soft wares " how we can procure our vehicles, how do we procure our armoured vehicles locally, how do we manufacture some of the things we need in the defence industry. That is what brought us to Nnewi."

Professor Albert explained that what the presidential committee had seen at the factory site suggested to them that without doubt, IVM had the capacity to supply the Nigerian military with many of its requirements in terms of military vehicles."

thanks man, but if I tell u say I read this thing u write I be lair but I sure will read it wen I'm sober.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 11, 2015
loomer:

thanks man, but if I tell u say I read this thing u write I be lair but I sure will read it wen I'm sober.
Lool! Which kain ogogoro you shack?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 5:50am On Jan 11, 2015
CFCfan:
If the Presidential committee recommend that Innoson has the capacity to manufacture some military hardware, it would put the position of DICON as the sole locla manufacture of military hardware, in serious jeopardy.
Nigeria would follow the US example of contracting private companies to produce equipment for their military.

Why do you think US always churn out advanced weapons.? Private Sector participation and competition

By the time Innoson starts building tanks and jets, the platform for our best minds to work and help contribute to national defence will be laid down cool

Mark my words

Nigerians especially those East of the Niger are gifted in technological innovation that they can produced weapons that can out do advanced Western and Eastern weapons. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 11, 2015
this guys are still missing the point! we can manufacture mraps, apc and ifv .. they should start with missiles abeg!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by omenka(m): 6:16am On Jan 11, 2015
loomer:
I don high sote I no fit read, I beg someone help me explain wetin d story de abt.
Kai. Lmao. Nothing person nor go see for nairaland! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 6:19am On Jan 11, 2015
iterator24:
this guys are still missing the point! we can manufacture mraps, apc and ifv .. they should start with missiles abeg!

A journey of a thousand miles start with a step

Small small small small

Innoson will incorporate that.

God help them develop missiles and jet fighters which are decisive military weapons

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by kokoA(m): 6:20am On Jan 11, 2015
Na everything dey get committee for dis country sef Mncheeewww .. na for dustbin dia report go end as usual.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 11, 2015
SUBMARINE:

A journey of a thousand miles start with a step

Small small small small

Innoson will incorporate that.

God help them develop missiles and jet fighters which are decisive military weapons
we have taken that step, we need to mount missiles on the ones we can produce... that's the point

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by otokx(m): 6:34am On Jan 11, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Why do you think US always churn out advanced weapons.? Private Sector participation and competition

By the time Innoson starts building tanks and jets, the platform for our best minds to work and help contribute to national defence will be laid down cool

Mark my words

Nigerians especially those East of the Niger are gifted in technological innovation that they can produced weapons that can out do advanced Western and Eastern weapons. smiley

Have you heard of DICON before? The laws are very clear. Have your heard of Nigerian printing and Minting company? That is similar to DICON.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 6:37am On Jan 11, 2015
iterator24:
we have taken that step, we need to mount missiles on the ones we can produce... that's the point

OK

I get you

But that can be easily produced if only those in defence ministry organize a missle competition for that.

Am sure we have lots of graduates and undergraduates that can produce missiles far far far better than US Russia Chinese etc missiles

Its a shame those advising the president have not thought towards this direction

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 6:42am On Jan 11, 2015
otokx:

Have you heard of DICON before? The laws are very clear. Have your heard of Nigerian printing and Minting company? That is similar to DICON.

My guy

Nigeria can't catch up with the rest of the world if you leave weapons development in the hands of few government hired brains.

As I speak to you

So many young Americans whose military technology are worthy of using, are being paid to sell their technology by private and government defence industries

It is madness to continue on the same process and expect different result.

6 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by otokx(m): 6:46am On Jan 11, 2015
SUBMARINE:

My guy

Nigeria can't catch up with the rest of the world if you leave weapons development in the hands of few government hired brains.

As I speak to you

So many young Americans whose military technology are worthy of using, are being paid to sell their technology by private and government defence industries

It is madness to continue on the same process and expect different result.

This is Nigeria not America; forget all those rubbish they show us in American movies. Poverty, Corruption and bare faced tribalism full America. America is not heaven - don't you ever forget that.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 6:50am On Jan 11, 2015
otokx:

This is Nigeria not America; forget all those rubbish they show us in American movies. Poverty, Corruption and bare faced tribalism full America. America is not heaven - don't you ever forget that.

Guy I spend so much money to buy Gigabytes to watch YouTube

So I know what I am talking when it comes to weapons

The more brains involved the more inventions and innovations you see

That's the secret behind the military advancement you see in Western and Eastern militaries.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Redoil: 6:56am On Jan 11, 2015
Instead of relying on help that will not come

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 11, 2015
otokx:

www.dicon.gov.ng/RD.html
A Research and Development Centre (R&DC) has been established and a lot of development work is being undertaken. The 81mm
Mortar and RPG7 were developed by the centre using local raw material and prototypes were produced and successfully tested. More prototypes of these weapons are being looked into to contract out some R & D work to Universities, Companies and individuals. New projects have been planned and are waiting funding and execution.

the government is not funding R& D obviously

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nutase: 7:12am On Jan 11, 2015
Dats cool
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 11, 2015
The best news so far this year. Time for innoson to blossom. Proudly Nigerian

After the first set of orders, innoson should immediately set up a military department

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Underage Accredited In Taraba State(photo) / Governor Adams Oshiomhole's New Wife - Lala Fortez's Dazzling Photo! / $30 Billion Left And They Borrowed To Pay Salaries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.